• Published 31st Mar 2019
  • 2,516 Views, 196 Comments

My Little Pony: Nakama is Magic - The Friendship Chronicles - Hotspot the 626th



The mystery of the world. That neverending adventure. And new friends to meet you at every stop. The journey of the new Straw Hat Pirates has only just begun!

  • ...
5
 196
 2,516

Episode 4

Magic Dispelled?!
The Ruthless Guild, Twilight Orc

A pig-like roar echoed through Hargeon before being followed immediately by the sound of metal clashing. No sooner after came more noise, several booms and an explosion or two. A battle had broken out in this eerily silent port city. It drew the attention of all the ponies and creatures living here, giving them both hope and fear for what was to come next. Many of them even leaving the safety of their houses to hear more clearly the tussle. For those closest to the action, however, they remained either in hiding or watched on carefully. But for this witnessing the event, they were utterly amazed by the combatants.


“Gum-Gum…” Monkey D. Luffy stretches his hoof backward for many feet. He then reeled it forward shouting, “Pistol!”


Swiftly, the red Earth pony’s hoof shot forward. It struck its first victim, an armored orc, but it kept the momentum going catching two more behind the first. All of the orcs let out a loud “Oinch!” in pain before crashing into a building. The three pig monsters then fell to the ground, defeated.


These were not the only orcs; on the contrary, there were many more to fight. The street was bustling with the fiendish creatures, pouring in from every opening. Compared to our small group of pirates, the numbers were on the orcs’ side; however, in strength the difference was clear. Having faced worst in tougher situations, the Straw Hat Pirates were easily defeating the brutish beasts. Team Natsu too was handling themselves well. Even those whose battle experience paled compared to their pirate friends were capable of beating a foe or two.


“Whoa!” shouted Happy flying next to Luffy. “What kind of magic is that?”


Luffy looked at the crimson pony confused. “It’s not magic. I ate a Devil Fruit.”


“Devil Fruit?” questioned Happy curiously. "Does it taste like fish?"


Immediately, the red Earth pony made a disgusted expression. "It tastes like shit," he stated distastefully.


Even while the two males were conversing, the orcs attempted to attack them. While they believed to have the upper hand, they did not expect to see the other red pony jump in their path.


A fire red magic circle appeared below Natsu suddenly before phasing up through him as he spoke his incantation. “Fire Dragon’s Roar!” He then spewed out fire from his mouth, like a dragon, that blazed over the orcs and defeated.


Now it was Luffy’s turn to be amazed. “Whoa! That’s so cool!” he shouted.


Natsu looked back to Luffy and grinned. "Your stretchy power is cool too!" he stated cheerfully.


Around these two fighters and cat, their group was doing well to repel the attackers. Rarity’s quick thinking and use of her environment allowed her to easily trip up her opponents and knock them out with some self-defense moves. Even with these massive creatures in their bulky armor, Robin’s Flower-Flower powers were still capable of incapacitating many at a time.


“Open the Gate of the Golden Bull,” Lucy began to chant as she held up a golden key. “Taurus!”


The Earth pony then turned the key like unlocking a door. A golden magic circle appeared from it along with a doorbell sound. From a puff of smoke produced, a sizeable being appeared before Lucy. It was a large Minotaur only with a cow-like appearance holding an ax. As it stood taller than the orcs, they became a little fearful.


“Moooo!” roared the creature. But then, he began to appear enamored with all the mares around him. “So many babes here! Thank you for summoning me, Ms. Lucy!”


“Just take care of them already!” shouted Lucy annoyedly.


“Hey!” shouted Sanji from nearby, after disposing of one orc. He then further shouted in overprotective rage, “Don’t you dare lay a single filthy hand on those beautiful mares, you cow!”


Lucy quickly explained, “No, no! Don’t worry! He’s on our side. He’s one of my Celestial Spirit friends I can summon to help in battle.”


Taurus nodded proudly. “Yes! Let me show you-ooo!” he shouted in a cow-like manner.


Then, with his mighty ax, the Minotaur slashed at the orcs. The attack was both powerful and broad as it took out five orcs together. Sanji and Luffy who had just caught saw the attack, were both impressed and amazed respectively by their new ally. They then continued to attack their opponents.


“Hey, Usopp,” spoke Pinkie Pie, after firing her Party Cannon and knocking an orc out. She then asked the long-muzzled unicorn, “Why do you have Sogeking’s weapon?”


After firing a shot, Usopp cringed with ineptness. He had wholly forgotten that his new weapon, the Kabuto, was used for his “secret” alter-ego, Sogeking. He would need to think up a lie quickly to save his and Sogeking’s reputation.


“Oh, uh, this?” Usopp said holding out the Kabuto. “Sogeking let me borrow it.”


“Oh!” Pinkie Pie said enthusiastically. “What a cool guy, that Sogeking.”


Meanwhile, a few onlookers were noticing how one-sided this fight was becoming. They were orcs, of course, but their appearance was a stark contrast to the rest. Down two from their posse, a discerning group of orcs stood separate from the regulars attacking the group. Remaining was the fancifully armored orc, the two hooded orcs, the orc with the staff, and the most massive orc of any in their group. While most in their group was analyzing the battle carefully, the massive orc appeared to be more impatient and becoming restless quickly.


“Fight…” muttered the giant pig. “I wanna fight.”


The armored orc addressed his comrade. “Very well, Barbar,” he spoke in a gentlemanly manner, “have your fun, but this time, please-”


The massive orc Barbar immediately let out a vicious and monstrous roar. He then began to charge towards the battle, two massive clubs in each hand carried like they were pillows to him. Like an unstoppable juggernaut, he plowed through his unsuspecting comrades to reach his targets.


The knightly orc let out a sigh. “At least he’s like a whole army,” he commented with assurance.


Then, there came an explosion in the distance towards the harbor. The prominent orcs turned in that direction upon noticing.


“Looks like Kai and Fryar are engaging more of them,” commented the skull-wearing orc.


The lead orc nodded. “Yes, and we will soon have more riches and subjects for the Master to use for his experiments-”


“OINCH!”


A loud squeal interrupted the leader orc, who immediately looked back in the direction of the brawl. To his and his group’s shock, they saw their enormous companion hurdling back at them. They all swiftly moved out of the way, and the considerable body flew past them for several more feet before finally falling onto the cobblestone ground. Utterly flabbergasted, the group looked back down the street to see who had thoroughly defeated their companion. They and every orc looked directly at the culprit; actually, culprits. It was the two red Earth ponies, one wearing a straw hat and the other wearing a white scarf. Together, they wore grins showing their confidence.


Luffy and Natsu immediately asked out loudly, “Who’s next?”


Meanwhile, our other group was having a more difficult time. The fiery light that had shined upon them was gone; but now, there was an army of armored orcs surrounding the wagon. Everyone in the cart was now standing outside of it looking ready to fight; at least, those who could. Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy kept close to the carriage and Funkfreed as neither expected this kind of encounter.


“Who are these bozos?” asked Gray annoyedly.


Twilight proceeded with a follow-up question. “So this isn’t a normal occurrence in Fiore?”


Gildarts answered, “Never seen this many orcs even out in the outskirts of the kingdom.”


“And they are armed,” Makarov added observantly. “Orcs aren’t usually this well-prepared.”


Suddenly, the orcs ahead of the group began to step aside. Walking down the parted way came three prominent orcs unlike the others around them. The lead orc appeared very scholarly with a pair of small glasses on his snout. To his left, an orc with tribal markings all over his body. Finally, on his right, an orc wearing flame-red sunglasses. All three walked through the crowd and into the space between the two groups but stopped halfway. The lead orc then took a step forward and began to address the group.


“Greetings ponies,” the orc spoke in a theatrical tone. “I am Zard, guild master of Twilight Orc, and we would like to welcome you all to Magnolia.”


A little confused, Makarov spoke up, “What is the meaning of this?”


Zard let out a chuckle which seems to echo through his subordinates around them. He then spoke condescendingly, “Well, looks like we found some rock ponies, Boars. Because it seems like they don’t understand who is boss around here?”


“Where the hell is Erza?” asked Gray. “She wouldn’t have let these guys surround us.”


“Neither would Zoro,” Rainbow Dash added.


Nami though quickly realized what had happened. “That idiot…” she said while placing her hoof to her face in irritation.


“Uh, where are we?”


Meanwhile, said ponies had found themselves in a situation of there own. They were currently in the middle of a forest, and entirely out of sight from the group. Erza was utterly baffled by their predicament. She knew how to navigate the land, and she understood that the area should not have changed much in seven years. How did she get lost in the first place? They had only been talking about their equipment, battles, and training.


“Typical,” Zoro spoke annoyedly.


“Hmm?”


“Looks like the others are lost,” the stallion uttered assuredly.


Erza nearly fell over with disbelief.


“So then,” continued Zard now becoming suspicious. “Who are you ponies? I’ve never smelled the likes of any of you.”


Makarov immediately stepped forward. “We are the guild Fairy Tail, and we-”


Suddenly, a roar of laughter among the armored orcs. All the group looked around confused by the sudden eruption. Even from Zard and his two companions, they too seem to find some amusement in what the elderly pony had said. As the laughter began to die down, Zard then began to speak.


“I apologize for that, but we all thought you were serious about being part of that runt of a mage guild,” Zard stated ignorantly.


Enraged, Makarov stated as he proudly revealed his Fairy Tail symbol on the center of his chest, “We are.”


Not only him but every member of Fairy Tail revealed their guild symbol. Each symbol was on a unique spot on their body and a different color. And like their guild master, all showed anger in the words the orc had uttered.


Zard became immediately curious. “Is that so?” he questioned, “I’ve never seen any of you hanging around those losers.”


“We just got back from a trip,” Gray said evenly. He then placed his hooves together, ready to attack. “And if you say one more bad thing about our guild or our friends, I’m gonna kick your ass.”


While both orcs at his side readied to strike, Zard remained unflinching. “If your guild is any indicator of your strength, then you’re all talk, Runt,” he stated unnerved.


“Ice-Make, Lance!” Gray shouted. An ice blue magic circle appeared, and from it, a lance made of ice shot forward.


Quickly, Zard’s two aides moved into action. Both held out two red crystals that immediately shot fire forth. The two streams hit the ice lance, and the whole thing exploded.


Now peeved, Zard gave out a command to the rest of his subordinates. “Attack, Boars!”


One of the orcs let out a vicious roar. Together, the entire force of armored orcs began to charge on the group. Gray along with all his guildmates immediately charged against the orcs in retaliation. Their magic was firing into the army or transforming them to smash through them. Only Makarov remained in place near the wagon before turning to it.


“Sorry about this,” the old pony apologized to their pirate friends. “Looks like you all got caught up in our trouble.”


“We’ll everyone be okay?” asked Chopper worriedly.


“Yes, we can handle these ruffians,” Makarov stated assuredly. “You all just stand back and let those youngins let loose.”


Nami let out a breath in relief. “Fine with me,” she stated in agreement before sitting back in the wagon.


“Aw,” Rainbow Dash whined aloud. “I wanted to tussle too.”


Makarov then turned to Twilight Sparkle. “You should watch, Ms. Sparkle,” he suggested.


“Hmm?” Twilight said surprised.


“You may just figure out what you seek for your problem,” the old pony stated cryptically.


Twilight did not respond, but she heeded the unicorn’s advice. She began to observe the battle taking special care to watch her friends in Fairy Tail. Their magic was utterly astounding to her; it took on so many forms that she either read of or never heard of before. The Strauss siblings’ unique Take-Over magic that gave them the attributes of animals, monsters, and even demons (something she would need to research into later). She watched as the pony Levy write out certain words like “wood” or “iron” and cast them like spells that became the thing they were. And finally, the Dragon Slayers who used their magic for both physical and special attacks.


Through all of them, Twilight had noticed what they all shared something in common; none of them were unicorns. But through their hooves, their words, and their objects their magic flowed through each method freely. Could she do the same?


“Iron Dragon’s-”


“Dispel Magic!”


Twilight and everyone looked overhearing the joint shout. They saw the three prominent orcs standing together and holding out glowing crystals. The light then grew brighter and began to shine onto the battlefield. At first, Twilight moved to cover her eyes, as everyone else did. But not long after did she start to notice something happening to their friends. The magic that they displayed suddenly began to disappear. Levy’s words vanished, the Strauss siblings transformed back to their pony appearances, and even the Exceed lost their ability to fly (and Panther Lily to change as well).


Twilight looked at the orcs with shock. “How?”


“Hey!” shouted Gajeel confused. “What happened to my-”


Before Gajeel could finish, the orcs took this moment to overwhelm the confused ponies. The tackled on the crimson Earth pony without fear. Many more did so for all the other stallions on the battlegrounds, and the mares were quickly apprehended and detained. All of them were swiftly given cuffs connected by approximately lengthen chains. In less than a minute, most of Fairy Tail had been arrested.


“Oh no!” shouted Chopper and Spike in horror.


Zard soon stepped forward, his crystal now ceasing its glowing. “Well, I have to say, you lot are definitely not like those weaklings at Fairy Tail, but despite that, the results are still the same,” he stated proudly.


Enraged, Gray and many of his male comrades attempted to use their magic. Nothing happened, much to their great confusion. In noticing this, Twilight quickly glanced at the shackles; and instantly, she recognized the metal.


“Seastone…” Twilight muttered softly.


“You’re wasting your time, those cuffs cancel out magic too,” Zard stated gleefully.


Then, the villainous pig turned to Makarov, the remaining free member of Fairy Tail here. The old pony looked angry but calm. Zard walked over to pony, unafraid and cocky. “Now then, old pony, it's yours and rest of your group’s turn.”


From the wagon, came a shout. “Hold it!” Nami suddenly flew out and floated just outside the carriage. She had a business expression on like she was about to do business.


“We have nothing to do with these guys or their guild,” Nami clarified. “We were just hired to bring them home, which, seeing how close we are, we have.”


“Really?” Zard questioned suspiciously.


Gracefully, Nami gave a twirl. “See,” she said calmly, “no Fairy Tail guild mark.”


Zard looked generally surprised. He then began to look at each of the ponies. After a brief moment, the orc conceded. “Very well,” he admitted, “but you still were associating with-”


“We are only doing a job,” Nami stated firmly. “One that we have been paid for, so you can do whatever you want.”


All the ponies looked to the orange-mane Pegasus curiously. The whole reason she and her crewmates were out here was to be paid; they had not offered a single coin to them yet. The group started to believe that the Pegasus had something in mind with all this.


“V-Very well,” Zard said relenting his earlier notion.


Then, Zard’s tribal-looking orc subordinate stepped forward. “Zard, the Master still needs as many mage ponies as we can find for his experiments,” he stated informatively.


“None of us are mages,” Nami quickly added to their account. “We are ponies from outside the Earthland Archipelago, merchants from Water 7.”


“Even the unicorn?” questioned the same orc, pointing to Twilight.


Nami quickly deterred, “She can only use telekinesis, like any unicorn.”


“That’s not worth much,” admitted the sunglasses-wearing orc.


Zard nodded in agreement. “That," he said, "and her horn is broken, now that I see her. Practically worthless."


While relief was what many in the Straw Hat crew felt in seeing that Nami's trickery worked, Twilight Sparkle appeared visibly hurt by the comment. She began to once again scratch her head near her horn as feelings of frustration and disappoint filled her mind. The unicorn could only take comfort in that her current state had sparred her from the same fate as their friends; a fact that was not very comforting.


And unfortunately, they still had to bear the sight of their new friends being dragged away degradingly. None of them moved to do anything, the vigilant eyes of Zard and his sidekicks on them with suspicion and caution. The orcs soon left along with their captives heading towards the tower. And now, our group of pirates stood alone.


“Geez, that was scary,” Fluttershy said shakily.


Flying over to Nami, Rainbow Dash asked rudely, “So, why the hay did we not join that fight?! We could have totally helped them out.”


And Nami answered, “Well, for one thing, they clearly had it handled until that Zard pig and his friends did their spell.”


“That was fascinating,” Twilight admitted with intrigue, ceasing her scratching at the same time. “Orcs are incapable of creating magic, so I wonder how they were able to do those fire spells and ‘dispel magic’ spell.”


“And second,” Nami continued, “we’d be of no help to them if we were taken with them.”


Chopper gasped in realization. “Oh, I see! So that’s why you said all that earlier. I thought for a second you had been affected by magic.”


“So, what do we do next?” Spike asked curiously.


“I don’t know,” Nami stated to everyone’s surprise. She then turned to Twilight, smiling. “That’s up to our First-Mate to decide.”


Twilight’s eyes widen with surprise. “Me?”


“Luffy named you as First-Mate,” Nami stated, “which means in his absence you’re the next pony to go to for decisions.”


“But wouldn’t you-”


Nami interrupted, “I know what Luffy and what most of us would do, but you’re in charge here. Luffy trusted you to make decisions in his place because he trusts you. I know we haven’t sailed long together, but I trust you as well. And so does everyone else in the crew. So whatever choice you make, we’ll stand by you.”


Once again today, Twilight was at a loss of words. She did not feel prepared for this, but she had accepted the position regardless. What they did next depended on her; do they cut their losses and return to the Sunny, or do they help their new friends and get caught up in some big fight again. And fortunately, she knew the answer to that in a heartbeat.


And thus, Twilight Sparkle began to form a plan.


“Okay, firstly, we need to find Zoro and Erza,” Twilight stated calmly.


“No problem!” Rainbow Dash declared confidently. “I’ll just fly around and-”


“No, Rainbow,” Twilight said quickly. “I need you to tell Luffy and the others what’s happened here, and then request their aide as soon as possible.”


Twilight then turned to the others. “We’ll search for those two.”


“Right,” said the others in ready agreement.


Rainbow Dash smiled in understanding. “Gotcha!” she said, “Then I’ll be back before you can say ‘Rainbow Dash is the best flyer in all the world’!”


Immediately, Rainbow Dash flew forth like a bullet. Her rainbow trail was all that was left of her presence as she flew far and fast towards the port.


“Alright everyone,” Twilight said to the group confidently. “Let’s go find our friends, and then, save our new ones.”


“Aye-aye!” responded the group with Funkfreed trumpeting eagerly.

TO BE
CONTINUED