• Published 31st Mar 2019
  • 2,512 Views, 196 Comments

My Little Pony: Nakama is Magic - The Friendship Chronicles - Hotspot the 626th



The mystery of the world. That neverending adventure. And new friends to meet you at every stop. The journey of the new Straw Hat Pirates has only just begun!

  • ...
5
 196
 2,512

Episode 1

Author's Note:

Yo! A new chapter? Already?! Who do I think I am, a competent writer?! Don't answer that

I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome and positive reception ignoring you, thumb downs for the start of this new story and continuation. As such, I felt that you all should be rewarded! So here's a new chapter and official start of the story a week early.

Thank you all! And enjoy reading! :pinkiehappy:

RAOOOOOOWR

The most blood-curdling, terrifying, and horrific roar permeated through to the very upper of the sky that it seems to scare even the clouds away. The mighty ocean became silent and calm like bending to the will of malice from a force thrice its power. Even nature itself seems to disappear as if hiding immediately. The world itself stood still by the sheer evil behind this unearthly sound. It shook the very earth itself with its enormous strength of sound. There aren’t many beings in this world capable of producing all of these fantastic and yet utterly horrifying sentiments. That is, except, for one sort of creature.


A dragon.


It was not just any dragon. The dragon race is a species fraught with a variable of personalities much like any other race if only a bit more aggressive and way more prideful. Not many were genuinely evil. No; the dragon that produced this petrifying and savage roar was something entirely different from your average dragon. Scales black as the darkest, deepest cavern darkness and decorated with spiraling, sapphire blue markings. Claws like spears, tail like a gale, feathery wings that could produce a tornado, and a maw full of razor-sharp teeth that could rip the flesh off any being too brave or too foolish to run. It was a creature of pure cruelty. A mindset only to do harm and destruction wherever it goes. A beast of blackest magic and darkest heart. The most savage being…


Acnologia, the Evil Black Dragon of Demise; the self-proclaimed “Dragon King.”


This dragon - this beast - was now on an island. It was a tiny piece of land off the coast of a neutral but prominent country. In the shadow of this island’s impressive tree which grew tall and high, the dragon thrashed about in the island’s small forest. Not just merely wanton destruction; in the woods, ponies were attacking him. Mere insects that could not even scratch his scales; yet, even with just a swing of his mighty arm these little ponies wouldn’t die.
He would need to use more potent means.


Thus, he took to the skies. Higher and higher he rose until he could see the whole island in his beady-eyed sight. Once high enough, he opened his maw and began inhaling. Both wind and magic flowed into the massive body of the beast. More and more he took in until his lungs had there fill. Bursting with so much magical energy, Acnologia would need to release it. He did so straight down below him, releasing a large beam of blinding magical power. He hit the island dead on and the whole island was engulfed in the powerfully destructive blast. For a moment, he could not see a thing, but the bright light from his catastrophic explosion soon died down. When he peered down, a sense of satisfaction swelled within him.


The ponies and the entire island were gone. Completely wiped off the face of the Earth.

This is an event known as the Tenrou Island Incident, as recorded by the members of the Magic Council of the Earth Land Archipelago’s Rune Knights. After the island’s destruction, the black dragon Acnologia disappeared without a trace. There were no survivors from the island.

That was seven years ago…


Part 1
"A Fairy Tail Misadventure"

Appear!
A New Adventure Arises


Out somewhere on the ocean, the Thousand Sunny sailed towards its next destination. Nearly everyone was out on the deck, taking in the calm sailing weather. Some were even having an important discussion.


“So,” Pinkie Pie spoke curiously, “you think I could be the crew’s party planner?”


“Yeah!” Luffy said immediately thrilled by the idea. “That would be awesome!”


“And your setup time is scary fast,” Usopp commented astoundedly.


Nami soon interjected. “Come on, guys, a ‘pirate party planner’ is a ridiculous position to make up,” she told them sternly.


All four ponies looked at the Pegasus dejected. “Aw,” they all said disappointedly. They then turned to the mare mad and uttered out in displeasure, “Boo! Boo!”


Soundly, Nami ignored this displeasure.


Robin then spoke up with a suggestion. “Why not be the cannoneer, Pinkie?” she asked amusedly. She then added, “The Navy certainly thinks you have a skill for it.”


“Ooh!” Pinkie Pie said interestedly. She then asked, “Do you think so?”


Luffy quickly joined in on the excitement. “Yeah! That actually sounds pretty cool too,” he stated approvingly.


“Awesome!” Pinkie Pie shouted happily.


The newly-dubbed cannoneer then pulled over her party cannon, pointed it up, and fired away freely. Out came streamers, confetti, and balloons along with several cupcakes. Many of the crew cheered out and also caught a few pastries.


Seeing this again, Franky couldn’t help but ask, “How does she fit it all in such a small cannon?”


As things began to calm down, the topic of crew positions came up for all their new members; at least, for the ones currently on deck. It was indeed a curious topic for the other members of the crew who had designated positions. Robin had found it intriguing especially since she too had a unique crew position herself. Everyone began suggesting placements within the crew, but only a few started to stick with some of the group.


“Oh, a seamstress,” Rarity said intrigued. She thought it over for a moment before she began smiling and nodding. “Yes,” she stated affirmingly, “I think that is a fine position for someone who is a fashion designer.”


“Great!” Nami said happily. “Finally, I can have my clothes fixed up properly.”


Spike then approached Luffy. “Hey, Bro,” he spoke curiously. Once he had the stallion’s attention, he asked, “Do I still get that position we talked about before?”


Luffy immediately grinned. “Yeah!” he stated cheerfully.


“Awesome!” Spike cheered out.


Curious, Rarity asked, “What position is that Spike?”


Grinning, Spike struck a pose holding his thumb up. “Treasure hunter,” he stated proudly.


“Cool!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.


To this, Nami became interested. “Treasure hunter, huh,” she said intrigued. She then began to smile as then stated to the baby dragon, “I guess we’ll be working together in the future.”


“Oh yeah,” Spike said in recollection. “You like treasure too.”


“Like a dragon,” commented Usopp flatly.


Nami immediately growled venomously at the sniper, making the poor unicorn nearly have a (fake) heart attack. Soon after, she moved to address Spike again. It began by pulling on the dragon’s cheek.


“Ow! Ow-ow-owowowow!”


“But remember,” Nami told the baby dragon sternly, “you don’t eat any more gems without my say so, got it?


“Ow-Yes!” cried out Spike desperately.


Next came Applejack and Fluttershy. They both seem to have some trouble figuring on a good position for themselves. At first, Fluttershy had suggested veterinarian but soon realized when there was only Funkfreed aboard the ship it was not much a position but a personal choice to have onboard until they eventually returned to Equestria. That and her medical skills were not on par with that of a practiced expert.


“Well,” Rarity began to suggest coyly. “You could be our young doctor’s nurse.”


Fluttershy looked surprised at her friend. “Do you think so?” she questioned optimistically.


“Yes, definitely,” Rarity stated assuredly. “Not only could you help Chopper but you can learn much to help all your animal friends.”


“Oh, that does sound like a wonderful idea,” Fluttershy said happily.


Then, Rarity made a wink to the others. Many of them caught on and began immediately encouraging the idea. Mostly to those who could deduce the budding romance planted between their two friends. They knew that the position idea was rather shallow, but it would work for young love. Only Luffy did not get the underlying idea but liked the general idea nonetheless.


It was Applejack’s turn next. Her skill set was pretty ranged thanks to her living on a farm. Some had suggested something along the lines of a botanist, but the mare shot the idea down since she only really knew how to take care of apples. Plus, she was not sure about mikan trees, which Nami strictly added that she would take care of those. Applejack contently obliged her friend her request. Some started suggesting ridiculous positions like “cowboy” and “rodeo clown” which were all shot down immediately.


“Look, fellas,” Applejack began saying firmly. “I get that having a spot in the crew is like a big deal, but as long as I can help out, I’m good.”


Not surprisingly, most of them did not listen. Luffy, Usopp, Chopper, Spike, and Pinkie Pie just went right back to suggesting whatever came to mind. This time no longer constrained to just what Applejack could do. It was almost like a competition, one that Applejack had no real stake in competing.


As they did this, the door opened from the main cabin. Out came Twilight and Chopper having finished the unicorn’s horn checkup. A moment after, Sanji came out with some drinks; several more than previously requested. Of course, when he saw Twilight, he greeted her.


“Ah Twilight,” Sanji said politely. He then held the plate of drinks out to the unicorn and asked, “Would you like a drink?”


Twilight smiled. “Oh yes,” she said before unconscious activating her magic. “What’s- Ow!” Twilight’s magic suddenly sparked once it had reached the end of her horn. It immediately caused pain and swiftly reminded the mare of her impairment.


“Twilight!” Chopper shouted worriedly.


Sanji also became immediately worried about the mare. “Are you alright?” asked the stallion quickly.


“Yeah,” Twilight breathed out calmly. As she recomposed herself, she smiled and told the two males jokingly, “I just forgot about the whole 'not using magic' thing. It's always been just second-nature to me.”


Then, to show that she is alright, Twilight took one of Sanji’s drinks with her hoof. She also added for their benefit, “See? I’m fine.”


“If you’re sure,” Sanji said contently.


Chopper immediately sighed relief.


Then, Luffy shouted, “Hey, Twilight!” He called out from across the ship cheerfully. Once he saw he had her attention, he again began shouting. “We’re figuring out all your positions in the crew!”


“I’m the cannoneer!” Pinkie shouted out cheerfully as an example.


Fluttershy also spoke out but softly, “Everyone had suggested that I could be a nurse to help you out, Chopper.”


Instantly, Chopper blushed. “R-R-Really?!” he stuttered shockingly.


Both Twilight and Sanji smiled and laughed a little seeing how the reindeer was acting. Despite not having known of Rarity’s sly plan, they both thought it was a good idea. Again, if only for young love.


“Hey!” Pinkie Pie shouted out suddenly. She then pointed to Twilight and stated, “We haven’t picked a position for Twilight yet!”


“Or Rainbow Dash,” Applejack added smartly.


Luffy immediately stated, “Oh that’s easy.”


“It is?” asked Applejack curiously.


“Yeah!” Luffy then stood up and punched the air confidently. “She’s our weather puncher!”


“Cool!” shouted the easily excitable members; Usopp, Chopper, Pinkie Pie, and Spike.


Applejack though just felt dumb. “Should’ve known,” she said before hoof-palming.


“To her credit, I do think Rainbow Dash would enjoy that position,” Rarity commented dryly.


After walking down the stairs, Twilight began to walk over to the group. As she did, she spoke lightheartedly, “Well, I’m not too particular about a position in the crew. I could settle for the librarian.”


“Aw come on,” Usopp commented out annoyedly. “That’s a pretty boring position.”


Franky chimed in next. “Yeah, Magic Sis, you can be so much more,” he stated intrigued. He then suggested, “You should be the ship’s wizard! I’ve got tons of ideas for Sunny’s magical applications that I could use your expertise in.”


Twilight instantly perked up. “Oh! That sounds…”


Interrupting Twilight, Luffy made a very audible chuckle. “Nah, Twi's already got a crew spot,” he stated knowingly with a grin.


Everyone looked at Luffy surprised.


“Really,” voiced Twilight curiously.


“Yeah!” Luffy stated gladly. “You're my-”


Suddenly, a large wave swayed the Thousand Sunny hard. It threw everyone off their hooves, chairs, and butts including those in the crow’s hangar. Thankfully, no one had been thrown off nor hurt just toppled over. Even Funkfreed had been taken by surprise, now on his side on the deck. Everyone soon began to recover, but another wave coming in the opposite direction toppled the group the other way.


Up top, Rainbow Dash began to move to act. She flew out of the hangar and floated down above the group. She asked, “What the heck is going on?!”


“What the hell is going on!” shouted Nami frustratedly.


Scared, Usopp shouted, “Wh-Wh-What’s with the sea?!”


“Make it stop!” cried out Chopper frighteningly.


Rarity also cried out but overdramatically, “I just did my makeup!”


Despite the rough waves rocking the boat, some of the crew made efforts to see what was going on. Robin was the first to reach the side of the deck and look out at the ocean. Joining her came Rainbow Dash, hoping to get a clue in on what was going on. Together, they caught sight of something horrible.


“A maelstrom has formed!” Robin called out.


“What?!” shouted everyone.


All the crew eventually made it to some spot on the side of the ship to see for themselves. The size of the whirlpool made everyone’s jaw drop in shock. It was at least three times as big as the Thousand Sunny itself. Not many of them had seen something of this caliber; that is, except for the original seven Straw Hats who had traveled to Skypeia via Knock-Up Stream. Even they had to admit that the size and force of this sudden whirlpool was just as remarkable as the one before. They needed to act fast.


“Hurry!” shouted Nami quickly. “Someone turn the Sunny to follow the current.”


Without thinking again, Twilight attempted to activate her magic. She tried to speak, “I got-Ow!” Like before, her magic sparked and exploded lightly at the tip of her horn, sending a fresh wave of pain through her body.


Luckily, someone else had the same thought. “I’ve got it, Girly!” shouted Franky immediately. He then took off to take the helm.


As the crew began to move around and prepare for rough waters, Rainbow Dash had garnered a sudden curiosity for the whirlpool that suddenly appeared. She thus flew out towards the center the swirling vortex to see if there was anything to see. For the most part, she only saw darkness in the center, but she did notice something in the middle. She couldn’t get a clear view of it from her height; and yet, it seems to be moving closer towards the surface. Soon, the cyan pegasus could make out exactly what it was, and she was shocked.


“Rainbow!” shouted Applejack from the Sunny. “Get your flank back here and help out!”


“Uh, guys,” Rainbow asked out loudly with confusion. “Do whirlpools out here usually have a giant tree growing out of them?”


As everyone paused, Nami was the first to speak what was on everyone’s mind. “Tree?” she repeated confoundedly.


As the Thousand Sunny began to turn with the current, everyone moved to one side to see the center. All of them attempted to look through the darkness to see what Rainbow Dash had seen.


Then, without warning, the tree in question shot forth. And with it, an entire island. Protected entirely by a golden magic forcefield, a whole island popped up out of the vortex. It created huge waves that nearly capsized the Thousand Sunny. All the Straw Hats hanged on for dear life until finally, the waves died down. The deck was soaking wet thanks to some of the waves splashing onto the deck.


And with it, many of the Straw Hats too had become wet from the waves. They soon recovered and quickly looked back to where the whirlpool once formed. They all gasped as they now saw a small but real island. It seemed a little rough like it was only a piece of a bigger puzzle. Nevertheless, its main feature - the huge tree - remained completely intact. The whole crew looks on completely speechless.


Sanji commented astonishedly, “Not just a tree…”


“A whole island!” Luffy and Pinkie Pie shouted excitedly at the same time.


Then, Pinkie Pie turned to Luffy. “Jinx!” she shouted at the stallion giddily.


Luffy gasped. “What?!” he shouted childishly.


Nami could barely speak looking at the island confounded. “How in the world…”


“Hey,” spoke Applejack concerned. “Where’d Rainbow Dash go?”

TO BE
CONTINUED...