• Published 31st Mar 2019
  • 2,512 Views, 196 Comments

My Little Pony: Nakama is Magic - The Friendship Chronicles - Hotspot the 626th



The mystery of the world. That neverending adventure. And new friends to meet you at every stop. The journey of the new Straw Hat Pirates has only just begun!

  • ...
5
 196
 2,512

Episode 2

Author's Note:

Welcome back, everyone! Did you enjoy the premiere last week?

Endgame is fast approaching! And Detective Pikachu! Godzilla: King of Monsters! And is that the teaser for the next Star Wars episode! Too much awesomeness! :pinkiecrazy:

I hope you all enjoy and as always.

Read, Comment, & Enjoy!

“Hey, where’d Rainbow Dash go?” asked Applejack to her crew.


Where is Rainbow Dash indeed?


When Rainbow Dash had shouted out to her crew, she had failed to notice when the tree she had just seen had shot forth from the whirlpool. She was smacked by the gold-glowing shield immediately as it came up. Then, as the barrier disappeared, the now dazed Pegasus fell.


For a moment, the Pegasus lost consciousness but quickly regained it. She had then found herself in the middle of a fall. When she noticed her descent, she turned her body around and opened her wings. A basic of all fliers, she began to glide as well as guide her fall. She hurriedly looked for a spot to land, which happened to be only a short distance away. While unable to move her legs properly, she instead landed using her whole body until skidding to a stop.


“Ow…”


The cyan Pegasus was in pain, but she had at least prevented from suffering anything more serious. Her robust physique and training had allowed her only to receive nothing more than a few scraps. She was soon back on her hooves in less than a minute.


“So,” Rainbow Dash said as she began to look around confused.


“Where am I?”


The Pegasus pony could only see the forest around her. Trees, bushes, and piles of dirt mounds were all that she can identify. She then also looked behind her to see the giant tree standing as tall as a skyscraper in Manehatten. In deducing where she landed, Rainbow Dash believed she was at least where the tree she saw was growing. It only confused her that there was no wall of water surrounding it.


“Better go find the others,” she decided aloud.


First checking to make sure her wings were functioning correctly, Rainbow Dash took off for the sky. She made it to the top of the trees when she suddenly heard a groan. Stopping immediately, the Pegasus looked back. While scanning the area, she noticed one of the mounds begin to move slightly, which got her curious. She quickly flew over and circled the pile in question. The rainbow mane pony soon gasped as she found a scarlet red hoof among the dirt.


“Whoa! Hang in there!” Rainbow Dash shouted before starting to dig.


Unbeknownst to Rainbow Dash, off to the side, she was being watched. On a tree branch nearby, there perched was a small, soft pink coat Pegasus with a long, soft yellow mane with a tuft of hair sticking out on the top of her head. Her emerald green eyes were fixed on the cyan Pegasus as she eventually dug up an Earth pony. She immediately smiled at the sight.


“This should be interesting,” she commented aloud.


With the wind blowing, her long mane flowed off her body slightly to reveal her cutie mark. It looked like a fairy in flight and leaping with the colors of a sunset.


More than just Tales!
The Return of Fairy Tail


“Alright! Time to reveal Sunny’s super special ability!” shouted Franky eagerly. “Let’s go! Soldier Dock System, Number 2!”


After the turn of the dial on the helm, now matching two, and the pull of the lever nearby, the mechanisms within the Thousand Sunny began to move. On the side of the side, the red numbers that showed “1” and “3” began to turn within the hull of the ship. In place of the previous numbers came the new red numbers “2” and “4”. Once in place, the number two began to lift like a garage door. Inside, it revealed that there was something within. By the sound of a whistle, that something started moving out. It was a small (but now larger for fit more of the group) boat that looked similar to their previous ship, the Going Merry. It had a working steam engine that helped power the paddles that propelled it. The whole boat had six seats which were filled by Straw Hat crew members.


“The Merry’s reborn!” cheered Usopp happily.


“Merry!” cried Chopper with tears of joy.


Marveling at the ship as well, Twilight Sparkle, Luffy, Spike, and Pinkie Pie had joined them as well. Nami and Fluttershy flew alongside the group equally as amazed at the sight of the boat.


Franky then shouted out, “That’s the Mini Merry 3, and she’ll carry on the image of that old and super ship of ours!”


Of course, all the crew, the Mane Six and Spike crew, were thrilled to hear. After the first group had reached ashore, Usopp went back to get the others. Only Zoro, Spike, and Funkfreed remained behind; Zoro’s punishment for the lack of activity during their crisis earlier. Having found a cove to leave the Sunny, the rest of the crew took the chance to explore the, as dubbed by Luffy, “Mystery Island” and search for Rainbow Dash.


Together, the group traveled into the island. For the original Straw Hat pirates, the forest they walked in was like that of Skypeia’s jungle if only smaller and more rocky. Further in, they began to see a few animals. One was a squirrel with sharp ears and markings on its lower body, and the other was a rodent with a long tail. Immediately upon seeing them, Fluttershy became acquainted with the small animals and also gathered information.


“They say this is their home, Tenrou Island,” Fluttershy explained to the group.


Robin immediately recognized the name, and with great shock. “You don’t mean the Tenrou Island that was destroyed by the Evil Black Dragon seven years ago?” she asked.


Most of the group gasped with shock. Nearly all of them had heard of the legend of the Evil Black Dragon that even someone as young as Chopper was scared. Only Pinkie Pie and Luffy were unaffected by the information; the latter because of her isolated childhood and Luffy merely unafraid. Both everyone explained the story of Acnologia, the evil black dragon. Tales of how it could change nature itself, of its cruelty unbound, how even other dragons fear it, and that also speaking his name aloud is like a curse. While Pinkie Pie became spooked by all this, Luffy only laughed it all off.


“Well, we’ll just have to be careful,” he said with a carefree grin.


Most of the group responded with “You’re one to talk!”


To ease everyone’s fears - or lack of – Robin explained that the dragon in question had not been seen since the “Tenrou Island incident” seven years ago. It was an overwhelming relief for most of the group, and a slight disappoint to Luffy. It had then brought up an interesting question.


“So, if Ac-”


“Don’t say its name!” shouted Twilight frightenedly.


“Whoops, sorry,” apologized Pinkie Pie followed with a nervous giggle. She then continued with her question, “So, if He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named destroyed this island, why is it still here?”


Robin did not have the answer; instead, she looked to her student with a confident smile, having already some idea. Not wanting to disappoint, Twilight quickly formed her hypothesis.


“When we saw the island, there was clearly a magical barrier in place. I suspect that somepony or group of ponies were able to place one up before the, um, the dragon could destroy the island. The barrier most likely encapsulated the whole island.”


Robin nodded. “Sounds accurate,” she says.


Nami then had a thought. “Wait, but wasn’t that 7 years ago? How could it still be here?” she asked.


Twilight had not thought of that and immediately began to ponder aloud. “Perhaps its works on Starswirl’s theory of magical stasis…”


“Hey! Guys!”


A shout from Rainbow Dash drew everyone’s attention away from the island’s mystery to the sky. There, they could see their cyan Pegasus friend flying around, looking for them, and shouting. Quickly, most of the group began yelling back and making a ruckus to gain her attention. It worked, and Rainbow Dash sped over to the group. Everyone happily greeted the pony as well as showed their relief and concern over her.


On the other hand, Rainbow Dash appeared to be in a hurry. “I’m glad I found you guys,” she said, “I found some ponies close by, and they look like they need some serious help.”


Instantly, the crew got serious. First, at Twilight’s call, she asked Chopper if he had brought any medical supplies, which he had fortunately done. Rainbow Dash quickly added that there had been several ponies she found. Understanding, Chopper asked if someone could return to the Thousand Sunny to gather more medical gear. At Rarity’s urging, Fluttershy agreed to do so; as a flyer, she could get to the ship faster. Nami decided to go with her as she had some knowledge of what to bring for First Aid. The group and two Pegasi then separated to do their tasks; the group following Rainbow Dash to where she had located the ponies.


As the Pegasus flies, everyone reached the spot quickly. They immediately saw Rainbow Dash’s handiwork; totaling in twenty-one ponies and three cats lying on the ground. All unconscious, the ponies were from different races and their ages varied, but each and all of them had the same symbol of a fairy somewhere on their body.


Swiftly, Chopper got to work. The reindeer could see, even at a glance, that most of the ponies appeared to be all right. Despite this, he still took the time to look over every one of them to be sure. The others did as instructed when so asked while maintaining a lookout for anything dangerous. In time, Fluttershy and Nami arrived with the pink mane Pegasus bringing along Funkfreed, as a sword, in case they had to carry them back to the ship. Fortunately, as Chopper finished with the last of them, it appeared that most of them were merely exhausted with many minor injuries. And soon, this group of ponies – and three cats – began to awake.


The first to awake was the crimson Earth pony whose cutie mark was a dragon skull on fire that Rainbow Dash first found. While initially surprised at seeing the Straw Hats group, he soon became appreciative as he noticed the care they – Chopper specifically – had been giving to his group.


“Hey, name’s Natsu Dragneel,” he greeted in a friendly tone.


Luffy easily reciprocated the feeling. “I’m Monkey D. Luffy,” he and Natsu then shook hooves in cementing a new friendship.


One by one, all the ponies (and cats) awoke to be greeted by the Straw Hat Pirates. Each one was introducing themselves as they did.


There was Lucy Heartifila, an Earth pony with a blonde mane with a side ponytail and white coat, and her cutie mark is a key with a star on it. Next came the young sky blue Pegasus Wendy Marvell, whose mane was dark blue and cutie mark a feathery dragon encircled. Next to awaken was the blue coat and scarlet red mane unicorn mare wearing armor, Erza Scarlet. Her cutie mark was a sword crossed over a round shield.


Then came cats eventually identified by Twilight as Exceed, a race of flying cats recently discovered seven years ago. Together, there was the blue male cat Happy, the white female cat Carle, and a black panther-looking cat Panther Lily.


Soon followed were the ponies Gray Fullbuster and Juvia Lockser, an icy blue coat and spiky black mane unicorn and a snow white coat and azure blue mane Earth pony respectively. Their respective cutie marks were an icicle and a cloud raining.


After them, there came the siblings Strauss, whom all shared a white mane color. There was the youngest sister with a yellow coat Lisanna and the only and older brother Elfman, who had a mint green coat. Both of them were Earth ponies making their eldest sibling and sister Mirajane the odd one as a maroon coat Pegasus. Their cutie marks, in the order listed, were a lioness head, a horned and grouchy-looking monster head, and a devillike creature head.


Two more families awoke next.


First to do so was grandfather and grandson; Makarov and Laxus Dreyer. While the aging guild master – they had explained that they were a part of a magic guild called “Fairy Tail” – was a short greying orange Earth pony whose was head bald yet greying yellow hair still grew from the sides, and he also had a mustache. A contrast to his tall and robust appearing unicorn grandson Laxus. His coat was a dark purple but shared his grandfather’s striking yellow color in his mane. Their cutie marks were of a deer head with large horns and a big lightning bolt respectively.


The next family was the two Earth ponies Gildarts Clive and Cana Alberona. It was pretty awkward at first since the information for them was a recent discovery — the orange mane and brown coat male dotted on his dark brown hair and light orange coat daughter excessively, much to her annoyance and embarrassment. Their cutie marks were a broken wine bottle for the stallion, and three tarot cards fanned out and back facing forward for the mare.


Another pair awoke next, Panther Lily’s unicorn partner Gajeel Redfox and Levy McGarden. Both unicorns, the stallion looked like a punk with a dark grey coat, long spiky black mane, and metal piercings across his face. The mare was far more pleasant with a blue hair and light orange coat. These two’s cutie marks were a dragon skull made of metal and a book and writing quill.


Finally, the last to wake was a group under Laxus, the Thunder God Tribe. Each representing one of the three common pony races, there was the black and white striped Earth pony stallion Bickslow, the green coat and brown mane Pegasus mare Evergreen, and finally Freed Justine, a green mane unicorn with a red coat. Interestingly, each of them wore something over one or both their eyes; Bickslow a metal visor, Evergreen some glasses, and a part of Freed’s hair covered his left eye. Their cutie marks were, in order, a totem pole, three sparkles, and gold scale.


Once every pony and cat was awake, they formally introduced themselves as a group. They were all a part of a single guild called “Fairy Tail” and were gratefully appreciative for the Straw Hats’ aide. Likewise, the pirates introduced themselves individually as well before stating that they were pirates. Or privateers, as corrected by Twilight swiftly. While at first concerned, the Fairy Tail group quickly understood that these ponies (and Minotaur) were not evil beings. It would be foolish on their part to scorn others for their life choices. And in that, the two groups bonded reasonably quick.


And thanks to their bonding, this allowed Twilight to ask a crucial question.


“Forgive me for asking this now after helping all of you,” Twilight began a bit hesitantly, “but what happened here? There had been a report that said that…that…” Twilight was afraid to speak the name, “the Evil Dragon destroyed this place years ago.”


The whole Fairy Tail group went silent, many of them looking unsure what to say and even more confused. The group did recall facing Acnologia – they were not afraid to speak the name – and fighting fiercely, but they could do nothing and had accepted their fate together. The fact that they were alive now was shocking. Even after the Straw Hat Pirates gave their account on when they found the island encased in a gold barrier at first, it still baffled the mage guild. Most of them did not even have a spell that powerful.


Seeing how none of these questions were about to be answered anytime soon, Twilight decided it was time to drop any further inquiries. She instead focused on the positive. “At least you’re all alive and well,” she told them contently.


“I bet the rest of your guildmates will be happy to see you again.”


The group was appreciative of the sentiment, but it also made them recall a new startling fact: they disappeared for seven years. By their word, none of them looked a day older than when they battled all those years ago. More worrying, they wondered what had happened to their guild in all that time. They needed to head back.


“I thank you all for your help and kindness, and I fell a little ashamed to ask more of you but since you do have a vessel I would gratefully honored if your crew, Captain Luffy, could sail back to our home island Fiore,” asked Makarov respectfully while also giving a slight bow as well.


Of course, the Straw Hat crew would be pleased to deliver their new friends home. Already, Luffy was looking excited to visit a new island. All of the group did; however, before any of them could agree Makarov had decided to entice the group of sailor ponies further.


“Of course, we will pay for-” Before he could finish, Nami had swiftly taken his hoof and shook it firmly.


“You got a deal, Master Makarov!” the Pegasus said excitedly, her eyes gleaming with greed.


None of Nami’s crew was shocked by this, but many of them expressed disbelief towards the mare. As for the Fairy Tail group, most of them were happy to be getting a ride back home. It was as if most of them had little care in money-related problems. Only Makarov, of course, looked horrified as he quickly realized his error and his fate to be a “penniless guild.”. To his gratitude, at least Mirajane provided comfort and optimism for the aging pony.


The Straw Hats then lead the group to where they docked off the coast. Once through the forests and over the rocks, the new group of ponies could see the Straw Hat group’s ship.


“There she is,” Franky proudly said as he pointed to the cover. “Our ship, the Thousand Sunny.”


“Whoa-ho-ho!” shouted Natsu in amazement.


Every one of Natsu’s guildmates was as equally amazed and impressed. Never had they seen such a marvelous and unique ship. They were even surprised to hear that it also had a dingy steamboat to help transport them over to the Thousand Sunny. But with there being so many of them, it would take a while to get them all over. Luckily, one of the Fairy Tail guild’s members had a method to help with that.


“Ice-Make,” said Gray as he brought his hooves together.


While the pirates watched, Twilight could sense magic activating; yet, she noticed that his horn was not glowing. Suddenly, an ice blue magic circle with a snowflake design within appeared in front of the stallion that surprised the unicorn mare. She then watched as the pony extended his hooves out at the circle.


“Bridge!”


From the casting unicorn, ice began to form and stretch out towards the Thousand Sunny. It did not freeze the ocean yet ice still formed and also started changing into shape. It a matter of moments, before the group was now a bridge made of ice connecting from the coast to the ship. It was now the rescuers’ turn to be impressed.


“So cool!” shouted Luffy amazed as he, Usopp, Spike, Chopper, and Pinkie Pie marveled at the sight.


Franky marveled at the sight, flipping his sunglasses up to inspect the quality. “Not bad,” he admitted.


Once done admiring, most of the ponies began to walk across the bridge. The Pegasi of the group directly flew over. A few of the Straw Hats went to ride on the Mini Merry Three to bring her back to the Sunny. There, the Fairy Tail group met the crew’s last member Zoro, who became interested when he had seen Fluttershy earlier and now of the group. He even took a particular interest in one individual.


When they locked eyes, both Zoro and Erza locked eyes the moment the mare walked onto the ship. Instantly, the two unicorns could sense a strong warrior spirit in the other. They could easily size each other up without even exchanging a single blow or word, years of fighting and training had given them that sixth sense. Despite carrying no weapon, Zoro could tell that this mare was armed which made him wonder how. As for Erza, the stallion carried only three swords which she found curious. So, after a moment that lasted mere seconds, both acknowledged the other as strong.


“Roronoa Zoro,” the stallion stated.


The mare smiled. “Erza Scarlet.”


Once everyone was aboard, and the Mini Merry docked, the ship began to sail. Between Nami’s and Robin’s unique pieces of knowledge, they directed the ship to head for the Earthland Archipelago to where the country of Fiore resided. In a mighty cheer from everyone aboard, they took for open ocean and sailed away from the island. It looked to be calm seas and following winds ahead for our now-expanded group.


Little did they know that a storm of chaos was already brewing at their destination.

TO BE
CONTINUED…