• Published 21st Mar 2019
  • 721 Views, 5 Comments

26 Short Stories of Equestria - TPC-2k16



Short stories of everyday activity in Ponyville.

  • ...
 5
 721

Rarity and the Fashion Magazine

Rarity takes another look at the clock, showing it's three o'seven now.

"Oh, where could that mail pony be? You don't think he's in danger. Oh, I don't think I could ever live if he isn't here any time soon."

Just then, the doorbell rings all throughout the boutique, causing Rarity to run over (ladylike of course) to the door.

Getting there in, as Rainbow would say, ten seconds flat, She opens the door, only to reveal on the other side Pinkie Pie herself.

"Hiya! I think that was the fastest you've ever answered the door." Pinkie gives her usual happy smile and squee.

"Oh, well Miss Pie, if you must know. I am simply waiting for my mail to be delivered. I don't know if you know, but I've just now only recently sent a model of my newest creation to this new fashion magazine. I think It’s called-"

"Fashion Pony Monthly TImes Squared!" Squee.

"How did you know-"

"'Cause of this!" Pinkie interrupts her once again as she appears in her hoof the same fashion magazine she'd just mentioned. The issue being specifically addressed to Rarity.

Seeing this, Rarity snatches it out of her hoof, quickly opening up to the page.

"If you're wondering why, it appears it was "accidentally" sent to me instead of you." Pinkie explains as Rarity opens to the page of with has her creation.

"Okay, here we are." Rarity would read just one sentence before suddenly, out of spite, throwing a tantrum.

"POSTMODERN CLASSICAL!?!?!?! WHY THESE PONIES WOULDN'T KNOW FASHION IF IT HIT THEM IN THE HEAD!!!!" Rarity throws the magazine to the floor, then marching on back into her creation room, blowing off loads of steam.

"That was weird." Pinkie picks the magazine up, going over to read what exactly made her friend so angry.

"This dress, while not being as unique, or compelling, is still a perfect example of a postmodern classic."