• Published 21st Mar 2019
  • 721 Views, 5 Comments

26 Short Stories of Equestria - TPC-2k16



Short stories of everyday activity in Ponyville.

  • ...
 5
 721

Starlight meets her Old Self

It was a cool, summer night.

Starlight Glimmer sleeping away, leaving a window open to let in the cool, nighttime air, all while dreaming of the usual.

Usually, Starlight would dream about her and her friends just hanging out.

Though for tonight, she would dream a different dream.

(Dream)

Starlight dreamt of herself somewhere familiar, her old village to be exact.

"Why would I dream of this place? Again?"

Starlight walks over to her old cottage, the very same place she once lived.

Right as she neared closer to it, the front door opens, and revealing on the other side is, well, her herself.

But the old, evil her.

"You?! I thought-"

"You thought what?" Old Starlight interrupts her. "That you got rid of me?! That you changed your mind?!"

"But, I did. And you should no longer exist." Starlight shows her new confident, good side.

"You thought, sure." Old Starlight levitates out six jars, each one containing one of the Mane 6's cutie marks, "You remember. You remember how these CURSED things took away our only friend!" She lets go of all six jars, them all breaking into a million little pieces on the ground, the cutie marks inside of them just evaporating into thin air.

"I do remember. But I have changed. And you can't tell me what to do!" With a stomp of her hoof, a strong gust of wind blows away the old Starlight into dust.

Starlight immediately awakes with a gasp, sitting up suddenly.

Why would Starlight have a dream like this?

Who knows.