• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 1,519 Views, 15 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Takes Over The Dragon Lands With A Set Of Keys - DmitriTheWriter



Twilight Sparkle finds a Pokemon at her door and goes on a mad power trip.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,519

One Key Ring To Rule Them All

It was a terrible morning in Ponyville. Lightning struck trees and the rooves of buildings almost at random, giant hailstones caused great damage to homes and shops, and torrential rains created floods that carried away anything not nailed down. The day prior to this, Ponyville's buckball team had just beat Cloudsdale's in the Equestrian Cup by just one point, taking home this year's trophy.

Inside her magnificent crystal palace, Twilight Sparkle sat in her chair with a cup of tea and a book named How To Destroy A Continent (And Make It Look Like An Accident), completely ignoring the outside world that raged beyond her crystal walls. Spike sat next to her with a book of his own, a Power Ponies comic book named The Eternity Gauntlet #3 Suddenly, Twilight heard something knocking at her palace doors. She ignored it, being far too caught up in what she was reading to care about what was at the door. Then she heard it again...and again...and again.

"Should I get that for you, Twilight?" Spike asked.

"No no, I'll get it myself," Twilight stretched her hooves and flew over to her door, frowning all the while.

Twilight opened her door, expecting a package or something, only to find something truly odd indeed. On her doorstep, there was a large silver ring carrying an assortment of keys with a face in the center of it all. She could've sworn that it moved its gaze up to look at her. But that can't be right. Key rings don't look at ponies.

Right in front of this living key ring was a letter, freshly wet from the downpour, but still perfectly legible. Twilight picked up this letter, opened it, and began to read it:

Dear Twilight Sparkle,
I found this little guy while I was cleaning out my house, and I thought he would make the perfect gift for you. I know how much you love these kinds of creatures, after all. He keeps your keys safe and is fun to annoy people with. I hope you enjoy his company as much as I did.
Have a happy birthday!
-Dr. Ocsid

Twilight rolled her eyes. Of course Discord would be behind something like this. On top of that, it wasn't even anywhere near her birthday.

"Twilight, what is-" as soon as Spike caught sight of the key ring on the doorstep, he flinched and started to back away.

"Spike, what's wrong? Why are you acting so...skittish?" Twilight asked.

"I-it's nothing. Nothing at all," Spike attempted to compose himself, a few drops of sweat still lingering on his forehead. The key ring glared at him, and he backed further away, freshly startled.

"Well that doesn't sound like nothing," Twilight said. "What even is this?" When she tried to pick the key ring up to analyze it further, it writhed furiously in her magic in an attempt to regain control. When she let go, she found that it could float above the ground.

"Klefki!" the floating key ring said in a threatening tone.

Suddenly, all of the pieces fit in Twilight's mind, and she realized something. "This thing is a Pokemon!" Twilight exclaimed.

"A Poke-what now?" Spike said.

"I've seen them before! Hold on, let me get something!" Twilight ran off deeper into her castle, leaving Spike to fend for himself against the mighty beast. He stood completely still, sweating profusely, for the jingling of keys had terrified him into submission.



"Twilight, what is this?" Spike asked, pointing to a machine that looks like what you'd get if you glued a flat-screen TV to a dialysis machine that Twilight brought up from somewhere in her palace, with blinking lights ladled generously around the exterior and a lever to its side. The key ring floated above a chair on the machine's right side, hooked up to it via wires and jumper cables attached to its keys.

"It's my Pokemon Analysis Machine," Twilight answered. "I had it built when Pokemon attacked our world and nearly destroyed Equestria."

"Alright, that makes se-wait, what?!" Spike exclaimed. "These things attacked us?!"

"Yeah. It happened around...six months ago, I think?" Twilight said.

"You'd think I'd remember something like that," Spike said.

"Oh no, Celestia and Luna wiped everypony's minds of it after the fact, so nopony but them, us, and Discord know they exist," Twilight said. "Anyways, this analysis machine will tell us everything we need to know about this particular specimen!" Twilight pulled the lever on the machine's side, causing the blinking lights to blink faster and brighter than before.

On its massive screen, the analysis machine displayed as follows:

Name: Klefki

Sex: Male

Type: Steel/Fairy

Ability: Prankster

Weaknesses: Ground, Fire

Resistances: Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dark, Fairy

Immunities: Poison, Dragon

Moves: Thunder Wave/ Light Screen/ Swagger/ Dazzling Gleam

These key collectors threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them.

"Immune to Dragon?" Twilight noticed. "Does that mean he's immune to any dragon's attacks?"

"Well that would certainly explain a lot," Spike said.

"So if I take Klefki into the Dragon Lands, he'll be completely untouchable!" Twilight said.

"Um, Twilight, I'm not sure that's how that works," Spike said.

Already a dark idea was beginning to form in Twilight's mind. "Oh, this is perfect! Once this bad weather clears up, those dragons will be sorry they ever opposed Princess Twilight Sparkle and her mighty set of keys!" She began to laugh maniacally, while Spike facepalmed in exasperation. This was going to be a long day...