• Published 5th Mar 2019
  • 2,239 Views, 8 Comments

The Sponge Has Entered Equestria - yodajax10



SpongeBob and his friends are returning to Ponyville! But how will things turn out?

  • ...
14
 8
 2,239

The Sponge Has Entered Equestria (Part 1)

It was in the late afternoon in Ponyville. From the castle of Princess Twilight, Starlight Glimmer was watching Princess Celestia’s sun as it was beginning to go down and make way for Princess Luna’s moon for the night.

She looked out her window and saw how beautiful the day looked, and out in the distance, she noticed a particular cannon on a lone hill. This sight was always peculiar to Starlight, but it looked like it belonged to Pinkie Pie. So, she never really questioned it.

Twilight had noticed Starlight staring out at the window. Concerned for her student, Twilight walked over to her.

“Everything okay, Starlight?” Twilight asked. “You’ve been quiet all morning.”

Starlight turned to Twilight and let out a small sigh. “I don’t know.” She spoke. “I guess I’ve just been thinking about the recent invasion in Canterlot.”

Twilight was surprised by this. It had been a month after the Storm King tried to take over all of Equestria. But to fair, how wouldn’t this affect anypony? “What about it?” Twilight asked.

“Well, everypony was in danger!” Starlight said. “The princesses were captured, ponies all around were locked up in cages, me and Trixie were one of few lucky ones to hide until you guys saved the day! I feel like I should’ve done more to help than-”

Twilight put her hoof on Starlight’s shoulder. “Starlight, please don’t blame yourself.” Twilight spoke gently. “You didn’t know what to do, I didn’t even know what to do! It’s been scary for all of us. But we got through it, didn’t we?”

Starlight chuckled. “Yeah, we did.” But she looked down again. “I just feel like I could’ve done more to make that whole day perfect.”

“Well, if I can be honest, I feel like I messed up on something, too.” Twilight said.

“How?” Starlight asked.

Twilight hopped from the window. “Come with me.” Starlight followed Twilight as they exited the bedroom.


Twilight and Starlight walked into Twilight’s bedroom as the Princess of Friendship opened her closet. Twilight then pulled out a box and blew dust off it.
“What’s that?” Starlight asked.

Twilight opened the box revealing some kind of net. “This was SpongeBob’s jellyfishing net.”

Starlight’s eyes widened. “SpongeBob? SpongeBob SquarePants? Your student, SpongeBob SquarePants? The one Princess Celestia summoned here to-”

“One Exposition Later…”

“And then save all of Equestria?” Starlight finished.

“Mm-hm.” Twilight nodded. “This net was one of the few things that survived when I lost the Golden Oak Library. SpongeBob gave it to me before he went back to his own universe...Of all the friends I could invite to the Friendship Festival...I guess I kinda forgot my technical first student.”

Spike walked by the bedroom looking confused.

“Spike?” Twilight asked.

“...Did...did anypony else hear that voice?” Spike asked, confused.

“What voice?” Twilight asked.

“It was some French voice. You guys didn’t hear that?” Spike asked.

“Well, for some reason, I do feel time went a little faster than usual.” Starlight spoke.

There was silence, before Spike shook his head and walked away. “I must’ve been hearing things.”

When Spike was gone, Starlight turned back to Twilight. “But whatever happened to Discord’s brother, Strife? I haven’t heard anything about him once I started living here.”


Ding-Dong!

Back in SpongeBob SquarePants’ universe, the doorbell to his home rang, and the happy-go-lucky sponge himself went to answer the door. “Hello! SpongeBob SquarePants speaking!” He noticed a large shadow over him and looked up to see none other than Strife staring down at him.

"SpongeBob..." He spoke with his eyes glowing...Before speaking normally. “My home in the mountains is under construction...and I was looking for a place to stay.”

SpongeBob was silent until a large smile slowly spread across his face, making Strife nervous. It wasn’t until SpongeBob’s feet turned into little rockets and flew in the air.

“Oh, of COURSE you can stay with me!” SpongeBob leaped in the air and took Strife’s claw. “Come in! Come in! Come in! Come in!”

Suddenly, SpongeBob’s pet snail, Gary slithered in and take notice of Strife.

“MEOW!!!” Gary leaped up to the refrigerator and hissed.

“Now, Gary!” SpongeBob quickly began pulling Gary off of the refrigerator. “Strife may look different from us fishfolk, but he’s our friend! Twilight Sparkle trusted me to help him turn over a new leaf after all! And I must say, it’s quite a coincidence he has gills!” He pointed to Strife’s gills which were right above his legs.

Strife cleared his throat. “Uh, yes.”

“Speaking of which, Strifey, how have you been doing in Bikini Bottom lately? Helping clean up Mrs. Puff’s office? Working out with Larry? Visiting Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy?”

Strife shrugged. “I’ve been...getting around to that.”

“How about visiting Fred in the hospital?” SpongeBob asked.

“He’s there again?” Strife asked. “He was just in there a week ago!”

“Oh, I saw him in there!” SpongeBob and Strife turned to see Patrick Star peeking through SpongeBob's window. "I was in there because I broke my hand while eating toast.”

“Hi, Patrick!” SpongeBob greeted his best friend. “Say, Strife is going to be staying with me for a while! And there’s always room for another to crash for fun!” SpongeBob spoke the last part in a sing-song voice.

“Oh! Who is he?” Patrick asked, not getting what SpongeBob was talking about.

“Well…” SpongeBob decided to play along. “I happen to be talking to the big guy right now!”

“Ooh! Sounds like a rad guy!” Patrick spoke, still not getting it.


Meanwhile, things were not all peachy keen in Bikini Bottom. For in the Chum Bucket, Plankton was putting a special chip inside his computer wife, Karen.

“Yes!” Plankton grinned. “With this chip, I’ll be able to spy on SpongeBob, and see where he’s hidden the Krabby Patty Formula!”

“Oh, that’s destined to go well.” Karen spoke, sarcastically.

“Believe me, Karen!” Plankton spoke. “I just know Krabs trusted SpongeBob to look after it tonight, and now I’ll be able to see where he has hidden it! I saw SpongeBob pick up an important piece of paper before he left!”

“I’m telling you, Plankton!” Karen spoke. “It’s just another receipt, He keeps them in a collection!”

“Not now, Karen! I’m trying to get a connection!” Plankton grabbed a remote and pressed a button which revealed a camera in SpongeBob’s house. Inside, he saw SpongeBob and Plankton showing Strife around.

“What? Strife is in SpongeBob’s house?!” Plankton yelled angrily. “That miserable flip-flopped traitor!”

Plankton then began to pace in frustration. “I still remember the feeling...of betrayal! He had those ponies in the palms of his claws! And I was right there beside him, basking in the malicious glory!” He then pointed to SpongeBob on the screen. “But as usual, HE had to go ruin everything!”

“Oh, goody.” Karen spoke. “The betrayal rants again.”

Plankton glared at his computer wife. “Nice to have some support.” He scoffed. “But what’s he even doing with Square-For-Brains?”

Plankton tuned in to listen to what was going on with SpongeBob.


SpongeBob was now showing Strife his bedroom with Patrick following.

“And here’s my bedroom!” SpongeBob introduced. “If you ever need a bed buddy, you know who to turn to!” SpongeBob playfully elbowed Strife.

“Uh, thanks.” Strife said. “But I think I’ll take the couch.”

“Alright! More room for me!” Patrick jumped on SpongeBob’s bed as only his pointy head touched the cushions. “...Sooooo relaxiiiinnnng…”

Both SpongeBob and Strife watched Patrick as SpongeBob let out a relaxed sigh. “You know, with you here, Strife. I feel like it’s been yesterday I got back from Equestria.”

“Yeah,” Patrick said. “It also feels like a while since we heard from Frenchie.”

“Frenchie?” Strife asked.

“Yeah, Frenchie!” SpongeBob spoke. “He was the voice that usually described what was going on!”

Suddenly, SpongeBob’s eyes widened. “Oh! There’s one other thing I wanna show ya!”

SpongeBob ran over to his closet and opened its door. “I always keep this next to my receipt collection! Oh, that reminds me!” SpongeBob pulled out a receipt and put it in a box full of more receipts.

“Receipt collection!” Karen spoke. “Told ya!”

“Shhhh!!” Plankton shushed Karen and leaned in more to listen.

SpongeBob pulled out a box and opened it, revealing a spellbook and a wand. Patrick leaped from his bed. “Hey, I know that, SpongeBob! You got that stuff when you were doing magic!”

“Yep.” SpongeBob said. “I still keep it here as a memory...But I’ve actually been practicing a fun spell from this book all my own!” SpongeBob hopped up. “Allow me to demonstrate!”

SpongeBob whipped out his wand with a determined look and then began doing all sorts of weird movements at a fast pace, not knowing his legs were losing balance.

Patrick’s eyes widened, knowing what this meant. “Hit the deck!”

Both Patrick and Strife ducked for cover as Gary hid in his shell. “Make room!” Patrick grabbed Strife by the claw as they dove inside Gary’s shell.

SpongeBob slipped and his wand started firing all sorts of magical beams and even fireworks.

Plankton watched SpongeBob’s weird trick as one beam shot right out of Karen’s screen and into the Chum Bucket, bouncing off the walls until disappearing in a small explosion.

Plankton looked stunned and even horrified by what just happened. And he quickly pulled out a shotgun, turning in every direction. “I don’t know what cruel trick reality pulled...but I’m prepared.”

The dust finally settled in SpongeBob’s bedroom, as Patrick and Strife both got booted out of Gary’s shell...with an actual boot. They both looked at SpongeBob who was covered in soot.

“He-he.” SpongeBob chuckled, nervously. “I’m still learning.” But he let out a sad sigh. “I guess I kinda miss the friends I made back there.”

“Well, why don’t you just go visit them?” Patrick suggested.

“I can’t do that, Patrick!” SpongeBob spoke. “Equestria’s in a whole other universe. I don’t know how I’d even get to see them to begin with.”

Strife watched SpongeBob and Patrick talk as an idea came to his head. “I know I’m gonna regret this.” He mumbled.

“Uh, SpongeBob?” Strife asked. “...I may know a way you could do that...If I had an electrical spark, I could get a letter to Equestria.”

SpongeBob’s eyes widened in surprise. “You could do that?!”

Strife shrugged. “...I guess it’s worth a shot.”

SpongeBob grinned and leaped in the air with joy. “Well, alright then! Come Patrick, we’ve got a letter to write!”

“Letter! Alright, yeah!” Patrick pretended to strum an electric guitar. He took out a piece of paper and began writing on it. He showed it to SpongeBob. SpongeBob examined the paper and saw it only had the letter ‘B’ on it.

“Uh, Patrick? I meant we should send a note.” SpongeBob spoke.

“Oh, right! Got it!” Patrick began writing again. He finished it up and showed it to his friend. SpongeBob looked it over and saw it only had a musical note on it. “Close enough, but let me help ya!” As SpongeBob helped write, he thought for a second. “Bit of Deja Vu, there.”

Plankton was still watching what was going on. “SpongeBob’s planning to go back to Equestria?” Plankton growled. “Uuugh! What is this? ‘Remind Plankton Of His Humiliation Day’?”

“There’s a specific day for that?” Karen asked.

Plankton grew annoyed by that statement. “You’re hilarious.” But suddenly a thought popped in his mind. “But wait...let’s just say someone else joined on his long-awaited return.” Plankton devilishly grinned. “...I wonder…”

Suddenly, Plankton accidentally stepped on a button of the remote changing Karen’s screen.

“Oh, drat!” Plankton grumbled. “I accidentally changed the station!...But at least I’m at that catchy lotion commercial.”

Plankton continued to listen and sing. “Get the lotion, it’ll put you in motion and-Agh! Focus, Plankton, focus!” Plankton quickly changed it back.

Once SpongeBob and Patrick had the letter finished, SpongeBob quickly placed it in a bottle in a cork. “Alright! All set to be sent!...Now, where are we gonna get an electric spark?”

“Oh! Oh! I know!” Patrick said. “Wait here!” Patrick quickly ran out of SpongeBob’s bedroom as Strife looked at the message in a bottle. Patrick ran back upstairs with a defibrillator and shocking paddles. “Now think...pony thoughts...”

Strife’s eyes widened as he stepped back. “Okay...why?”

Patrick hopped on Strife’s body with the paddles that were sparkling. “CLEAR!!!”

He placed the paddles on Strife, shocking him as the message and bottle disappeared.

“Victory!!!” Patrick cheered.

SpongeBob looked up at the static Strife. “You okay, buddy?”

Strife forced a grin as he twitched. “Sure...never fe-never felt better…”

Plankton rubbed his stubby hands together in wicked glee. “That’s right, SpongeBob. Plan your little get-together! But there may be another guest along to join in the fun...He-he-he-HA-HA-HA-HA! AAAAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! RAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!...Ah-ha!...Ah-ha-ha...You know I can’t get that lotion commercial out of my head!” Plankton went to change the channel, but it was no longer there.

“Oh, it’s over.” Plankton slumped.


It was now morning in Ponyville at Sugarcube Corner.

Ah, Sugarcube Corner. The place in Ponyville where to get the most delicious baked goods that’s bound the water the mouth of any pony who stepped in. And now, the friends of Princess Twilight Sparkle were waiting for her to join them for a special brunch. But little did they know that another pleasant surprise was just in store.”

“Ooh! I wonder what it’s going to be!” Pinkie Pie clapped her hooves together.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity were all at a table with Pinkie Pie, but they were all confused by what Pinkie Pie just said.

“Uh, you alright, sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

“Uh-huh!” Pinkie nodded. “Just listening to the French voice following us around!”

“Um...what French voice?” Fluttershy asked.

“You know! The French voice describing whatever we do!” Pinkie said. “And right now he said we have another pleasant surprise in store!”

The doors to Sugarcube Corner then opened, revealing Twilight, Spike and Starlight.

“Hey, girls!” Twilight spoke, happily. “You won’t believe who sent us a note, last night! It was SpongeBob!”

“SpongeBob?” Rarity asked. “Your first student?”

“No way!” Rainbow Dash grinned.

“Shucks, it feels like forever since we heard from him.” Applejack chuckled.

“He sent me a letter asking how things have been! But if he sent me a letter, he may actually know how to come back to Equestria!” Twilight spoke.

“Maybe if it was possible,” Rarity added. “We could invite him and his friends down to Equestria for a party!”

Pinkie put her hooves on the table with an eager grin as one could swear there was confetti in her pupils. “Did somepony say...paaaarrrrtyyYYYYY?!!!”


They were all now back at Twilight’s castle, Spike was now putting the finishing touches on the letter back to SpongeBob.

“And finished!” Spike spoke.

“Good work, Spike!” Twilight rubbed Spike’s head.

“But how are you going to send a message in a bottle?” asked Fluttershy as Spike put the message in a bottle.

“Ah, that’s easy!” Spike said. “Princess Celestia taught me this trick when I was little!...Or younger...”

Spike threw the bottle in the air and began to run in circles while blowing fiery rings around the bottle until in vanished in a puff of smoke.

“Wow, that was amazing!” Starlight said in awe.

“Yeah, I get that a lot.” Spike smirked, proudly.


Back in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob had just received the letter from Twilight and her friends. He was now reading it while Patrick was waiting for the details and Strife was watching.

“Your teacher, Princess Twilight Sparkle.” SpongeBob finished. SpongeBob began shaking with the biggest grin on his face as his head exploded in happiness.

“PATRICKICAN’TBELIEVEIT!!!!” SpongeBob yelled with excitement.

“WHATISITSPONGEBOB?!!!” Patrick yelled too with as much excitement.

“IT’S THE...IT’S-!!!!” SpongeBob kept stuttering until his face got weird.

“I KNOW THE FEELING! IT’S-!!!!” Patrick started doing what SpongeBob was doing until Strife looked at the letter.

“A party in Ponyville to catch up on things?” Strife asked.

“YES IT IS!!!!” SpongeBob cheered.

“WHOO!!!!” Patrick whooped.

SpongeBob and Patrick took each other’s hands and began dancing in circles, while Strife looked at the newspaper. “We’re going to Equestria! We’re going to Equestria!”

Now, usually SpongeBob and Patrick’s happy chanting would be more than an annoyance to their neighbor, Squidward. But inside the home of this cephalopod, he was eating a banana, but with earmuffs on. With a smug look, he tossed the banana peel.

“I can’t believe these work!” Squidward grinned. “I don’t hear a thing! I don’t need sound to know how to survi-”

Squidward suddenly slipped on the banana peel as he began falling down his stairs until he hit the bottom.

BOOM!!!!

Squidward had all of a sudden, randomly exploded. “...Oooooh…”


“Well, we gotta send a letter, back!” Patrick spoke. “I’d love to rock out there!”

“Oh, you bet, Patrick!” SpongeBob said. “In fact the more I think about it, maybe we can use Sandy’s teleporter to get there! That’s how you guys found me there the...last time I was there…” He suddenly realized he and Patrick had Strife electrocuted for no reason. SpongeBob turned to a bitter Strife.

“Uh...sorry, Strife.” SpongeBob chuckled nervously.

“No worries,” Strife grumbled as he continued to read.

“But we still should send another letter! You know to let them know we’re coming!” Patrick said.

“Not only that, but we should invite the rest of our friends, too! The more the merrier!” SpongeBob grinned. He then leaned towards Strife. “Uh...Hey, Strife? You mind helping us send one more letter?...Please?”

Strife sighed. “Fine, make it quick.”

“Okay!” SpongeBob and Patrick got back to writing, while the three of them didn’t know Plankton was watching them through a window. Plankton chuckled evilly, now that a return to Equestria was official, he could now start his plan.

“All done!” SpongeBob put the finished letter in a bottle. “Ready, Strife?”

Strife held up the bottle. “Well, as long as-”

“Hold this!” Patrick gave Strife a string of Christmas lights.

“Yeah, sure.” Strife said, not noticing. “As long it doesn’t get too shocking.”

“Alright, let’s do this!” Patrick’s voice said. Strife turned and yelped. He saw Patrick with the rest of the Christmas lights, plugging them in. He also had a bucket of water as he poured it on the lights. Strife was electrocuted again as the letter was sent.

“...I’m glad to be of service…” Strife coughed out black smoke.


“Well, it’s official, girls!” Twilight spoke as she finished reading the new letter. “SpongeBob is coming back!”

Twilight’s friends began cheering and/or leaping in the air when hearing the great news.

“I’m so excited, Twilight!” Starlight said. “I can’t wait to meet your old student!”

“You know what this means!” Pinkie got out papers. “Party invitations!”

“Wait a minute, girls!” Fluttershy spoke up. “There’s a chance Strife might join SpongeBob and his friends. Shouldn’t we invite Discord, too? They’re brothers after all.”

“You’re right, Fluttershy.” Twilight spoke with her hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder. “It would seem fitting.”

“Does this mean we have to in that weird place he lives in?” Rainbow complained.

“I guess so.” Twilight said. She then turned to Spike and Starlight. “Can I count on you two to send invitations to our friends while we’re gone?”

“You know you can!” Spike said as Starlight nodded.

“Alright!” Twilight chuckled. “We’ll be back!”

“Wait, are you going to use that big cannon to get there?” Starlight asked.

“What big cannon?” Twilight asked.

“The big cannon on the hill I see in the morning.” Starlight answered.

“Oh, that’s my cannon!” Pinkie said. “I use it to fire to anypony I’m partying for!”

Twilight chuckled. “But I don’t think we’ll be using that to get to Discord. We’ll be back soon, you two!”

“Alright, see ya!” Starlight and Spike waved as Twilight and her friends left.

Spike then took half of the invitations “Okay, you send this half, and I send this half?”

“Sounds fair.” Starlight smirked as she and Spike did a hoof/claw bump.

Spike then took his half and walked away as Starlight looked at her own. She had a good idea who would be a perfect guest for the party.


Starlight found herself at Trixie’s wagon. “Trixie!” Starlight knocked on her door. “Trixie, are you there?”

Trixie opened up her door. “Ugh, what?” Trixie now got a good look who was knocking and grinned. “Oh, Starlight! And how is the best friend of Trixie doing?”

As Trixie looked around if anypony heard that, Starlight spoke. “I’m doing good, though I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party!”

“A party?” In a puff of smoke, Trixie now had her cape and hat on. “And which party shall Trixie steal the show for?”

“It’s a party at Twilight’s castle!” Starlight said, happily. “It’s to welcome the return of her old student.”

Trixie’s excited mood then deflated as she turned to disgust. “Ugh, a party from Twilight? Hmph, I think I’ll pass.”

“Now, Trixie.” Starlight tried to brighten the mood. “I know you have a thing against Twilight, mostly a bias,” Starlight muttered the last part so Trixie wouldn’t hear her. “But it’s gonna be fun! Twilight’s student is from a whole other universe!”

“Ha! Please!” Trixie laughed. “She has a student that’s not even from here? Talk about desperate for attention.”

“But I hear he’s really cool!” Starlight said. “He’s made friends with a lot of ponies around, he’s an honorary Crusader, and he helped reform Discord’s brother!”

Trixie was surprised by that, but then another thought came into her mind. “Oh, I mean...I would love to join the party, but...I just wouldn’t want to see the inevitable.”

Starlight was confused. “Inevitable? What do you mean?”

“Well, from the impression this...‘old student’ has made…” Trixie said. “Sounds like Twilight is trying to replace you.”

“Wait, what?” Starlight asked.

“Well, this student sure did a lot the last time he was here, didn’t he?” Trixie spoke. “And from the way Twilight talked about him, it sounds like he did more than you.”

Starlight thought about what Trixie meant and shook her head. “Twilight wouldn’t do that. She’s my teacher and my friend!”

“Wouldn’t she?” Trixie hopped from her wagon. “When’s the last time you bonded with anypony else in Twilight’s little group?”

“Well, I don’t do much, but-” Starlight started.

“And when’s the last time you hung out with those Crusader twerps?” Trixie asked again.

“Okay, I wouldn’t say I’m close with them, but I-” Starlight tried to say.

“And you said that this student played a role in reforming Discord's brother, is that right?” Trixie asked once more.

"Yes... but..." Starlight paused. She realized that Trixie was off-hoofedly referring to Chrysalis, the still at large changeling that had once been their queen.

Starlight thought more about, but she still shook her head. “So I didn’t get to do all that stuff, whatever! Twilight promised she’d look out for me!”

“I’m sure she did.” Trixie put her hoof on Starlight’s shoulder. “But I’m your best friend, I’d never toss you aside. But there’s a red flag around Twilight’s corner.” Trixie then walked back in her wagon. “But, if you’re willing to go through being replaced, then so be it. I won’t stand in your way.”

As Trixie closed her door, Starlight looked down. “Twilight would never replace me, that’s crazy talk!” Starlight walked away. “...I hope…”


Meanwhile, Twilight and her friends were now in the dimension Discord lived in. And as usual, things were kooky and weird in this particular place.

“I sure hope we can find Discord soon so we can get out of this place,” Rainbow spoke. She turned and saw a cat walking in mid-air, and once it landed on a platform, it began flying!

Rainbow stared at the cat in confusion, until it turned around looking annoyed. “Take a picture, why don’t ya! It’ll last longer!”

Rainbow held up her hooves upon hearing the cat’s words, not wanting any trouble.

“Look! Discord’s house is up there!” Fluttershy pointed up to where the chaotic draconequus lived.

The ponies were now at Discord’s house as Fluttershy was about to knock.

“Darling, are you sure Discord wouldn’t mind us arriving on short notice?” Rarity asked.

“Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that.” Fluttershy answered. “Last time we saw each other in fact, Discord said he was redecorating!”

Fluttershy knocked on Discord’s door three times. “Cooooooooome Innnnnnnnn!!!!” Discord’s voice sang from the door.

“See? He sounds happy to see us.” Fluttershy smiled.

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” Rainbow Dash muttered.

The ponies entered Discord’s house, and when they walked in, they noticed everything was upside down.

“Whoa, nelly.” Applejack said. “This is one redecoratin’ if I ever saw one.”

“Ah! So good of you to visit!” Discord’s voice spoke. The ponies all saw him on a chair, reading the news paper.

“Hey!” Rainbow Dash flew up to Discord, whose face was covered by the paper. “Why is everything upside down? It’s making us dizzy!”

Discord rose his head from the paper with a smirk. “Me upside down? I was just going to ask what you were doing up there!”

Suddenly, from the ponies’ point of view, they were now upside as they fell and landed on the floor, except Fluttershy who landed on a pillow poofed by Discord.

“Mmf! Can we get with the inviting now?” Rainbow grunted.

“Discord, we were all wondering if you wanted to join us in a little party.” Fluttershy spoke. “It’s to welcome back Twilight’s old student! You remember SpongeBob, right?

Discord was surprised. “SpongeBob? As in SpongeBob SquarePants?”

“Uh-huh.” Fluttershy nodded.

“You got it!” Pinkie added.

Discord got up, revealing he was wearing a black shirt that said ‘Jerk’ on it in white. “Not the crossover I was expecting, but whatever.” With a snap of his fingers, the shirt disappeared.

“We were thinking you’d like to join us since Strife may be there and-” Twilight started.

“Oh! Strife?...My brother, you don’t say.” Discord spoke. “Well...it’s just that I made plans, I feel I’m EXTRAORDINARILY busy.”

“With what?” Applejack asked.

“Uh…” Discord tried to think. “Dinner with me! I’ve had to postpone it so many times, I just don’t feel I can cancel again.”

Rainbow looked skeptically at Fluttershy, but the shy pegasus gave her an assuring look and walked up to Discord.

“I know you and Strife didn’t talk to each other since the last time he was here,” Fluttershy spoke. “But things seemed to end on good terms, and we’d still love you to join us either way.”

Discord looked at Fluttershy, and he knew he couldn’t say no to a request like that, especially from his best friend. “Well, I guess I should join the occasion, just so it can get more interesting.”

“We’d be more than happy to welcome you.” Fluttershy nodded.

“But what about dinner with yourself?” Pinkie asked.

“Pinkie, I think he’s got that covered.” Rainbow said.

“Oh, yes! She’s right!” Discord spoke. “I’ve got it all covered! I’ll just reschedule it!...” Discord’s eyes widened as he began to sweat. Unknown to everypony else, another Discord had his head sticking from the kitchen, while holding a rolling pin.

“...Like next week! N-n-n-next week sounds perfect!” Discord chuckled, nervously. He noticed the other Discord narrowing his eyes at him and slowly disappear back in the kitchen.


SpongeBob had called the attention of the rest of his friends, Squidward, Sandy Cheeks and Mr. Krabs. Patrick and Strife were also sitting in chairs.

“Alright!” SpongeBob paced in front of the group. “As you know, I’ve called forth my very best of friends for an important meeting.”

“Does that mean I can leave?” Squidward was about to get up but Sandy stopped him.

“I had just received word that my friend and teacher in magic, Twilight Sparkle has asked me to join her and her friends in a special ‘Welcome Back’ party in their universe.” SpongeBob started. “And I feel I couldn’t go without my friends here! Since we all had our aid in stopping the conquering of Equestria!...So...what do you say?”

“I don’t know, me boy. It feels like this is more your kind of style than me-self.” Mr. Krabs spoke.

“But, Mr. Krabs!” SpongeBob said. “I should tell you I’ve also done some special cooking there with Applejack and Pinkie! I’m sure they’d love to hear your food ideas! Ponies would pay for that!”

Mr. Krabs eyes brightened up. “Pay?”

“Yep!” SpongeBob nodded, enthusiastically. “Although the money I’ve usually seen there are gold coins.”

At the mention of gold coins, Mr. Krabs’ pupils turned into gold coins themselves. “ALL THE MONEY IS GOLD?!!!...I wonder what the other gold looks like…” He finished in a squeaky voice.

“So, I reckon you want me to start up that portal machine from some time ago?” Sandy asked eagerly.

SpongeBob hopped up to his friend from land. “You betcha!”

“I’m on it!” Sandy nodded.

“And I’m leaving,” Squidward muttered.

“Oh, not so fast, Mr. Squidward!” Mr. Krabs halted. “Less company means less money! You’re going with us, or you’re fired!”

Squidward stubbornly crossed his tentacles and muttered to himself.

Once SpongeBob’s friends were all ready to go, SpongeBob looked back at Strife.

“Hey, Strife?” SpongeBob asked. “...Since Equestria is where you were originally from, I’d be more than happy if you went with us.”

Strife’s eyes widened as he looked at SpongeBob. “Uh...no thanks. I think I’ll pass.”

“Aww, come on, Strifey!” SpongeBob said. “It’ll be fun! And you’ll be seeing Discord! Your own flesh-and-yogurt brother!”

Strife paused. “...Flesh and yogurt?”

“Sorry, I thought that’s what draconequus have instead of blood.” SpongeBob chuckled, sheepishly.

“...Close...it's actually pudding.” Strife corrected.

“Oh, what do you know? But anyway, we’d really like you to join us!” SpongeBob continued.

“Look, I...I’m just getting used to your house! In fact, I think your snail’s taking a liking to me!” Strife looked back at Gary, but he froze in fright. For Gary was at Spongebob’s window staring at him, holding a tombstone saying ‘R.I.P. Strife’.

Strife shook off the thought. “On second thought...I guess I can come along.”

“Hooray!” SpongeBob leaped in the air. “That’s what I’m talking about!”


It was now close to sunset back in Ponyville, and Starlight and Spike were still around passing out invitations. But right now, Starlight was at a table, thinking about what Trixie said.

“Tag! You’re it!”

Starlight looked up at the sound of a voice. She turned and saw the Crusaders laughing and playing ‘Tag’. Starlight looked at her invitations and realized she didn’t give one to them. She grinned and walked over to them.

“Hey, girls!” Starlight called.

The Crusaders stopped playing and saw Starlight. “Oh! Howdy, Starlight!” Apple Bloom greeted. “What are ya up to?”

Starlight thought for a second. Trixie had a point, Starlight didn’t bond with the Crusaders much. “Well, what are you girls up to?”

“Ah just finished up applebuckin’, and now me and Mah friends are playing!” Apple Bloom answered.

“Wow, you’re applebucking already?” Starlight put her hoof around Apple Bloom and pulled her close. “You’re really starting to grow up.”

Apple Bloom started to struggle. “Uh, Starlight? Can ya let me go, please?”

Starlight snapped out of it. “Oh, right. Sorry.” Starlight let the filly go, and looked back at her invitations.

“Whatcha got there?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Oh! Uh, these are invitations for a party at Twilight’s castle, tomorrow!” Starlight handed each of the Crusaders an invitation.

“Awesome!” Scootaloo and the other Crusaders grinned. “But what’s it for?”

“Well, I don’t know if your sisters would want the surprise ruined,” Starlight began. “But it’s for Twilight’s old student.”

The Crusader’s eyes all widened. “SpongeBob’s comin’ back?!” Apple Bloom asked, excitedly.

“Well, we got a letter from him,” Starlight shrugged.

The Crusaders began leaping in the air. “HOORAY!!!! SpongeBob’s coming back! SpongeBob’s coming back!”

“Oh my gosh! We got so much to tell him! All the adventures we had!” Sweetie Belle spoke.

“All the ponies we’ve been helping!” Scootaloo continued.
“Don’t forget the most important thing!” Apple Bloom pointed to all their flanks. “We gotta show him our cutie marks!”

“So...I take it you’re going?” Starlight asked.

“We’ll be there!” The Crusaders all said happily as they ran off, excitedly waiting for the upcoming day.

As Starlight watched the Crusaders disappear into the distance, she looked down, sadly. “Never mind Twilight has another student.” She walked away on her own. She looked up at the orange sky, thinking about what would happen in the future.


The next morning in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob was looking up at the flowered clouds, watching them go by. But he was especially thinking on how his visit to Equestria would go.

“SpongeBob!”

SpongeBob turned and saw Patrick running up to him. “There you are! You ready to rock it with your pony buddies?”

“Uh, yeah!” SpongeBob nodded. “Yeah, of course!”

Patrick took notice of how SpongeBob was acting. “Hey, buddy. You okay, there? Yesterday, you were through the roof! I mean, you went right through the ceiling higher than me!”

“Oh, I am excited, Patrick!” SpongeBob stood up. “But I remembered on the letter it said, Princess Twilight Sparkle. And it read that she has a whole new student! She’s not just my teacher anymore, Patrick. What if she’s not really that happy to see me again?”

“Aww, don’t feel bad, buddy! So what if Twilight’s a big name now? There’s no way she’d forget about ya!” Patrick spoke. “I once chilled with a big name football star! He even gave me some restaurant orders!” Patrick handed some papers to SpongeBob. “But it didn’t really work on any restaurants.”

SpongeBob looked at the papers and his eyes widened. These were actually ‘Restraining’ Orders. SpongeBob glanced back at Patrick, making a goofy face...And he could swear he could hear turkey gobbles.

But SpongeBob shook his head. “You’re right, Patrick! I’m ready to Par-tay! And I know for a fact that nothing can go wrong today!”


Sparks flew inside the Chum Bucket, and then ceased as Plankton held up his lighter.

“Finished!” Plankton put his stubby hands together as Karen stared at him. “I have created this device that can suck the magic out of any creature! I call it...THE MAGIC SUCKER!!!!” Plankton threw up his hands and gazed upon his new zapping device.

“Oh, boy.” Karen muttered.

“...What? It was the best title I came up with and I was rushing.” Plankton held up his device. “With this, I can steal the magic from the most powerful ponies in the land, and transfer it into none other than me! And I can use my new powers to steal the formula and ALL WILL FACE THE WRATH OF PLANKTON!!!!” Plankton cackled evilly at his plan.

“Uh, yeah. That’s nice. But I think SpongeBob is ready to get going.” Karen spoke.

Plankton stopped laughing and gasped. “Great Neptune, you’re right! I better get going!” Plankton ran for the door and tripped, but got up and headed out.

“Behold, the wrath of Plankton.” Karen said, sarcastically.

TO BE CONTINUED ….