• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 1,829 Views, 67 Comments

A Kind and Prosperous Couple - Israel Yabuki



This is a story dedicated to the one girl/mare who stole my heart. And to Lauren Faust, thank you for creating such a beautiful character.

  • ...
6
 67
 1,829

A New World to Explore

The next morning, as the sun rose high into the sky, Fluttershy is awoken by the sounds of birds chirping outside her window. She stretches her arms and sees her boyfriend still sleeping soundly with his hair all feathered out. She giggled at how messy he looks and then kissed him on the cheek.

"Wake up, sleepy-head," she whispered.

“Mmmmh.” Israel yawned and fluttered his eyes open. “Good morning, my dear Flutters. Did you sleep well?”

"Yes I did and I had my big, cuddly teddy-bear to keep me company," she said, hugging him close to her and nuzzling him.

"Flutters, you're just way too cute. What did I ever do to deserve such a cutie like you?" he asked, hugging Fluttershy back and nuzzling her.

“By being yourself. That’s how I fell in love with you,” Fluttershy said sincerely. “I’m so glad I met you at school. Don’t ever change for me.”

“As your boyfriend, you have my word,” as he kissed her on the head.

“Thank you.”

Their little moment was then interrupted by the sound of knocking on the door. "Fluttershy, Israel, are you awake? Breakfast is ready, so get yourselves ready, okay?" Mrs. Shy called out.

"Coming, mom," Fluttershy replied. “Come on, sweetie. Let us get some breakfast.”

“Right behind you Flutters.” The two got out of bed with Israel going to the bathroom to freshen up and to give Fluttershy some privacy so she could get dressed.

The cute couple then walked down the stairs, walking hand in hand to the living room where the rest of Fluttershy’s family were already eating their breakfast.

"Ah, there you two are. Did you two sleep well?" Mr. Shy asked.

“We did, Mr. Shy,” Israel said.

"So sis, I'd like to take this time to offer my sincerest congratulations to you for finding yourself a wonderful guy. And by the looks of it, he's a real winner," Zephyr said, gesturing to Israel. He smiled at Zephyr's compliment.

"Thank you, Zephyr. So what's for breakfast?" Fluttershy asks.

"We've made some French toast, fresh English muffins with butter, some hash browns and some refreshing, filtered water and orange juice as our drinks of choice. I wasn't sure what you liked, Israel, so I hope this'll do alright," Mrs. Shy said.

"I actually love French toast, so there's no need to worry," he assured.

"That's nice to hear. Come, sit," Mrs. Shy said. Israel and Fluttershy both sat down with her family and served themselves a plate full of her mom's delicious home cooking. Fluttershy and Israel both poured themselves a cup of OJ and started eating this delicious breakfast.

“It’s delicious Mrs. Shy,” Israel complimented. “Thank you for this amazing breakfast.”

“You’re welcome, dear. I’m glad you like it.”

“You got that right, our dear mother is the best cook there is,” Zephyr said proudly and then tapped his chin. “Hmmm, maybe I should try going to a cooking school and try my hand at cooking some fine cuisine."

"It ain't as easy as you think, Zephyr. Cooking takes time to learn. There's lots of ingredients you need to use and measure precisely. Add too much or too little and your food won't come out right or taste right. Cooking is sort of like art or being a hairstylist, meaning you have to manage your time perfectly to make it in the way you envision it, but if you want to, then it's your choice. And if you devote yourself to it, you might be amazed at the masterpieces you'll create," Israel explained to him.

"Well said, my boy," Mr. Shy said. "Exactly how long have you been cooking?"

"Ever since I was 10 years old. It all started with a simple grilled cheese sandwich. Now, I can cook homemade enchiladas, different kinds of pasta, pizza, omelettes, etc etc.”

“He even made some enchiladas when I was spending the weekend with him,” Fluttershy leaned in. “It was delicious!”

"Is that so? Then why don't you study to become a chef? You've obviously got the makings of one, young man," Mr. Shy said.

"You know… I might just do that. I might even want to open up a restaurant one day. But until then, I think I'll focus on cooking for my family and friends. You guys included," he replied.

“Aaw, thanks dear. That’s very sweet of you,” Mrs. Shy said.

"You know, it's very hard to find a youngman like you nowadays. It may be a little too soon, but I'm happy to say… welcome to the family," Mr. Shy said.

"R-Really?" Israel asked surprised. "Gee, that's very nice of you. This is the first time I've ever had a father figure in my life. Guess now I know what it feels like."

"You should be happy. Pops here is a definite improvement over that deadbeat old man of yours, wherever he is," Zephyr said.

"Zephyr Breeze, mind your manners," Mrs. Shy said.

"It's okay, Mrs. Shy. Like I said, my dad wasn't there when I was growing up, so having Mr. Shy as my father figure… feels a whole lot better.”

“Regardless, it was unheard of coming from Zephyr.” Fluttershy added and pointed firmly at her little brother. “You should learn to think twice before you say something like that. You could unintentionally hurt someone else’s feelings.”

“Alright, alright big sis,” Zephyr waved his hands up in defeat. “No need to go all ‘bossy’ on me.”

"I wonder if this is what it's like to be around a younger brother. It's a pretty amusing feeling. I think I might get used to this," Israel said to himself quietly.

The family continued eating their breakfast while sharing some stories and plans for the future. Israel got to know Fluttershy’s family better and they learned a little more about his family. Israel, as it turns out, had 2 uncles and 1 aunt and 2 loving grandparents who live in a different town from Canterlot City.

His grandparents are alive and well. They’re enjoying their retirement at their humble home. His uncles are both married and have kids to watch over and take to school. As for his aunt; she looked after him like a big sister while his mom was still studying at college when he was a baby. She has a place of her own and has one child.

He had lots of other cousins, uncles and aunts, but they were all living in several other cities in different countries, but all were just as loving as his family. In short, his family was extremely big.

Some time after breakfast was finished, Israel hung around for a little bit longer until his mom drove by to come and pick him up. She knocked on the door while Israel was in the living room with Fluttershy and her family, watching TV. Mrs. Shy got up from the couch and walked towards the front door, opening it to reveal Israel's mother.

"Is my boy all dressed up and ready to come home?" Christina asked.

“He is all dressed and is ready to go,” Mrs. Shy replied. “Although, it might be hard for those two to be separated from each other,” she gestured to her daughter clinging to Israel while they were still sitting on the couch.

“That’s true, but they’ll see each other again later on today,” Christina chuckled. "Mijo, time to come home. Say your goodbyes," she called out.

He looked over his shoulder and nodded, then turned to Fluttershy. "I'll see you later, Flutters. I had a great time with you and your family," he said, hugging his girlfriend.

"I'll see you soon. Thanks for keeping me company," she replied before kissing her boyfriend goodbye and letting go of him. He got up from the couch and gave Fluttershy's parents a handshake and a hug. He even got a handshake from Zephyr as well.

"Stop by anytime you want, big man," Zephyr said.

"And I wish you luck with your career, Zephyr" Israel replied before leaving with his mom. Mrs. Shy waved goodbye to the two before closing the door.

"What a wonderful boy," Mrs. Shy said.

“Yes, you're right, dear. And all this time, I misjudged him. Now, I have no doubts that he'll continue to bring joy and happiness, not just to our daughter, but to our entire family," Mr. Shy said, hugging his wife.

“I’m so glad to hear you say that, dad. When I first met him, I knew that there was something special about him,” Fluttershy said. “He’s so sweet, a great singer and also an amazing cook. It feels so amazing that you all finally see how much he means to me.”

"I do realize it. Which is why I'm already accepting him as part of our family," Mr. Shy stated. Fluttershy was filled with so much joy that she jumped up from the couch and ran towards her dad, hugging him. Mr. Shy hugged his daughter and so did Mrs. Shy. Zephyr also joined into the family group hug, excited for his sister. Things were really starting to look up for everyone.


The months rolled by, tests were aced and many friendships were spread throughout the entire school thanks to the help of the Rainbooms and the Friendly Neighborhood Troll Trio. Hours of studying and glory have all lead up to the following Friday on a beautiful spring day in the month of May. On this day, families and friends were gathered at the CHS football field for one important event. And that was the day their children were turning the pages in their lives.

In the gymnasium, the seniors were gathered together, wearing matching dark blue gowns with matching caps. Fluttershy and her friends were there, talking amongst each other.

“So, here we all are,” Sunset said. “I can’t believe that our time here has flown so fast. To think that a year ago I was a bully to you all and now, I’ve changed for the better. I met you all, my friends.” She smiled at them and then pulled Twilight next to her. “And of course I found the girl of my dreams,” she quickly gave her favorite bookworm a kiss on the lips. “I wouldn’t change it any other way.”

Blushing from the unexpected kiss from her loving Sunshine, Twilight wanted to say something to everyone as well. “To think I spend about 3 years at Crystal Prep Academy, thinking I would be better off alone then I would’ve never met you all. You all thought so much about friendship, love and how important it is in life. So, what I’m trying to say is: thank you! All of you.” Their group of friends all ‘awed’ at their words. But each of them also wanted something to say.

“You know I said it a lot of times that I’m totally awesome.” Rainbow Dash proudly pointed at herself, inflating her ego. “But having you all as my friends and you of course as my boyfriend,” she gestured to Soarin, standing next to her. “That’s even more awesome than myself. You all make my life 20% cooler,” Rainbow admitted, Applejack saw the sincerity in her eyes.

“To be honest, I always thought hard work pays off and oh nelly! Was I right. I worked hard for school and at home, on the farm and I always thought to do things alone, that I don’t need somebody else’s help. But I’m glad I was wrong, I’m glad I’ve met ya’ll and my precious jewel here. You’re more than just ma friends, y'all are family.” Applejack said, her eyes were starting to get a little wet as Rarity dried her eyes with a handkerchief.

“When I first started High school here, I would’ve never expected to have friends with so many different styles and personalities,” Rarity then began. “Now, we’re all friends with each other and I enjoyed every moment of it no matter how dangerous some moments were during our adventures and how…. Dirty. But for you all, darlings, I would cross the seas, climb mountains just to see you all again in the years to come. With my sweet apple pie at my side, I’m willing to do anything.”

“Oh, oh, me next, me next!!!” Pinkie jumped up and down excitedly. “Bringing a smile to everyone's face has always been a life goal to me, no matter what silly things I have to do for it. If it wasn’t for my dear Cheese Sandwich, my parties would’ve been fun at first but as time passes by I dare say booooring. Thanks to you, Cheesy wheezy, I learned to think outside of the box when it comes to planning and organizing parties. And of course, my best friends, you all supported me through thick and thin. These years at CHS with you all were the best years of my life!!!”

"I never thought I would wind up where I am today. Surrounded by so many good friends who hung around with me since the beginning of the year. All my life, I thought I was going to live my life in constant fear and rely on Rainbow Dash to bail me out when I'm in a tight spot. But having you all here with me had changed my life for the better. Including you, my precious sweetheart," Fluttershy said to Israel.

"I've lived a life of being a very shy little boy, thinking I would never fit in with the crowds. But when I laid my eyes on a certain pink party girl, I knew that I had found my calling and hoped to unite with her one day. And it looks like I got my wish and as an added bonus, I've got two best friends I wouldn't trade for anything in the world," Cheese said.

"All my life, I thought that I would find happiness in the world of Soccer, working my way up the ranks to get into the World Cup. But I was wrong. Because by the end of my junior high school year, I found something much more valuable than a chance to join the Soccer league: friends and a stunningly awesome girlfriend. I've got all the happiness I could ever ask for and would gladly lay my life down if it ever came to that," Soarin said, holding his girlfriend next to him.

"As for me… all my life, I've been alone. Cooped up in my room, not caring about anything except for watching my favorite TV shows, playing video games and on some occasions, watch these crime shows with my mom, just because. Growing up, I thought that I was gonna tackle the world on my own and didn't care if I was going at it alone. But meeting these two," Israel gestures to Soarin and Cheese, "And all of you, including you," he gestures to Fluttershy, "It changed my life for the better. I don't regret ever meeting such amazing pals… and a sweet, loveling girlfriend."

Moved by each other's speeches, everyone in the group gathered together for a group hug. Soon, a few moments later, Ms. Cheerilee walked in on the seniors, calling out to them. "Alright, all the seniors please follow me in a single file line."

"Well, guess that's our cue, let’s go everyone. A big moment in our lives is about to happen," Israel said.

The group of friends joined their fellow students to form a single line and followed Cheerilee outside to the football field. The stage was already set up with Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna giving a short speech to her students' families and friends.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I'm very pleased you all came here on this momentous day. For 4 long years, these students have endured many challenges, overcome obstacles, but most of all, they prevailed as a team… as a family. Canterlot High will never forget the joy these students brought to us. It is a sad day to CHS to have to let go of our beloved students, but we are very proud that they'll finally achieve their goals and venture forth into the adult world. So it is with great honor that my sister and I congratulate these outstanding students on their graduation," Luna said.

The audience roared with thunderous applause, cheering for their children. "And now, without further ado, it is now time to award our seniors with their diplomas. When I call your names, please step forth," Celestia said.

Clearing her throat, she announced the first student, “Trixie Lulamoon.”

A girl with violet eyes, azure blue skin and long light blue hair with stripes walked over to Principal Celestia with a proud look on her face. “Trixie knew she would graduate,” as Celestia shook her head, smiling. “Was there ever any doubt?” She winked at her Principal before walking back to her spot on the stage.

“Octavia Melody,”

A beautiful, grey skinned girl with long dark hair made her way to the Principal. Most of the students know her due to her giant cello she loves to play in the music room and sometimes play a duet with her roommate Vinyl Scratch.

Smiling at her Principal, her diploma was handed over to her and with a big smile she thanked both Celestia and Luna before she headed back to the rest of the students.

“Cheese Sandwich,”

"Oop, that's me. Be right back, buds," Cheese said before party boy walked up to Celestia. The students at CHS know he's got some pretty impressive party-planning skills just like Pinkie Pie, which is a shame that Cheese and Pinkie have to move on, same with their parties.

Celestia smiled at him and gave him his diploma before shaking his hand and allowing him to walk back and sit down with his friends.

“Rainbow Dash.”

Her parents were already cheering for their daughter from the field with their megaphones and their fan shirts on. Even Scootaloo was cheering for her idol. Rainbow's face flushed with embarrassment, but she played it cool and waved to her parents, forcing a smile before walking to Celestia.

Celestia handed the rainbow rockstar her diploma and offered her congratulations. Rainbow Dash thanked her principal before joining her friends once again.

Celestia continued calling the names of every senior, including Wallflower Blush, Epsilon Wolf and the cute couple: Lyra and Bon Bon. Nearly everyone got their names called and soon, all that was left were Fluttershy and the rest of her friends, along with her boyfriend.

“Twilight Sparkle.”

The cute bookworm of the group, nervously stood up and walked to her Principal to receive her high school diploma.

“Congratulations Twilight, you received A+ on all your tests, you have a very promising future ahead for you.” Celestia complimented her student as she gave Twilight her diploma.

“Thank you, Principal Celestia, I promise you I’ll make good use of future challenges and I’ll do anything to make the world a better place for everyone,” she said determined.

"I'm sure you'll do CHS proud on your next journey just as you always have," Celestia said.

Twilight smiled one last time at her Principal before walking back to her seat. She could see her parents and her big brother waving at her proudly and she shyly waved back at them before sitting down.

“Sunset Shimmer.”

The bacon haired girl slowly stood up as she hesitantly walked to her Principal. Celestia noticed her uncertainty and gave her a reassuring smile.

“I can’t believe that my life at CHS is over after this.” Sunset said. “Since my first time coming here, I've mostly been focused on ruling the school. But because of all of you and Princess Twilight's help, I now know there are more important things that matter. All of you gave me a second chance so that I could become a better person.”

Celestia gently placed her hand on Sunset’s shoulder, “And look what an amazing young lady you have become Sunset. You’re kind, smart and like Twilight you have many possibilities for the future. Whatever you choose, we're all very proud of you and you’ll always be welcome here at CHS.”

Sunset wiped her tears away and hugged her Principal, the crowd all ‘awed’ at that cute moment between them. Celestia then handed her diploma, “I’m proud of you Sunset.” She said before Sunset smiled back at her and went back to her seat.

“Soarin.”

“Well, now it’s my turn.” Soarin said before standing up. Rainbow quickly gave him a ‘thumbs up’ as he made his way to the Principal.

"You sure helped bring CHS to victory these past 4 years. I pray you'll become an even more amazing athlete. Congratulations," Celestia said.

"I won't let you down, Celestia," Soarin saluted her as she handed him his diploma. After shaking hands, Soarin went back to his friends.

"Applejack."

The apple farmer stood up from her spot and walked over to her principal. "AJ, you were the very definition of a hard-working, honest and healthy student that set a perfect example to our school for these past few years. May your family's business keep growing bigger and bigger. You always did have the best apple treats and drinks."

"Mighty thanks, Principal Celestia. Ah promise to keep makin' CHS proud and continue to produce some o' the best apples in all o' Canterlot City."

"I know you will," Celestia hands AJ her diploma and hugs her before she took her seat next to her beautiful diamond. "Pinkie Pie."

In an instant, everyone's favorite party girl winds up from point A to point B in a mere second, smiling directly at her principal.

"How did she do that?" Israel whispered.

“Sweetie, it’s Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie. Don’t question it.” Fluttershy whispered back.

"Pinkie Pie, CHS will surely miss your creative mind and your amazing parties. Even though we have to part ways, just remember that you will always hold a special place in our hearts. Congratulations, Pinkie Pie." Celestia then hands her the diploma, which she happily takes before hugging the principal.

After that, she hopped back over to her friends making those ‘boing’ sounds and then sat down next to Cheese.

"Rarity."

"Oop, that's me. I'll be back in a minute, darlings," Rarity said as she elegantly walked to her Principal.

“Rarity, you always manage to inspire others to show them their inner beauty. Every dress you made for your friends was always so astounding. You asked nothing in return, you just wanted to help and show everyone what a generous lady you are.” Celestia told the fashionista and gave her diploma. “You truly are a diamond in the rough.”

"Thank you, dear Celestia," Rarity replied before hugging her principal. Celestia hugged her back as well and then let the fashionista sit with her apple sweetheart.

"Fluttershy."

Though nervous, the gentle animal caretaker stood up and carefully walked over towards Principal Celestia. “Fluttershy, you are truly the kindest student I’ve ever met. With your kindness to others and to animals, you might change the world into something better someday. You have a heart of gold!”

Hearing those gentle words coming from her principal made Fluttershy all teary and hugged her dear principal one last time. “T-thank you Principal Celestia. I-I”ll do my best.”

“I know you will dear and I know that you won’t be alone.” She winked, making Fluttershy blush as she knew who her Principal was talking about.

After releasing each other from the hug, the two went their separate ways, with Fluttershy sitting back next to her boyfriend, with her diploma in her hands.

Celestia announced the final senior that is about to receive his diploma. “Israel Yabuki.” Right away, the young man with long, silver hair stood up and walked up towards his principal. "Normally, the students with the highest scores in their exit exams make the speech, but since you're the last one and seeing how much you've accomplished, I'll make an exception. Tell the people what you have to say."

"Thank you, Principal Celestia," he replied before looking at the audience, clearing his throat. "Friends, family, my fellow CHS members, you might not have known me that long, but I'm still glad you got to nonetheless. These past 4 years were hard for me, hard for all of us, actually. I remember back when I was just a little boy and how I thought I was better off alone. But then when I stopped to think about it, it wasn't true at all, because along the lines, I realized that I had something that was irreplaceable."

The audience waited patiently for him to continue as he paused.

"And that was my best friends," he gestured to the girls and his troll friends, "My loving family," he gestures to his mom, grandparents, aunts and uncles. "The people who care about me and the people I love. They had my back for a long time and I don't regret having so much kindness and support in my life. So it's with great pride and honor that I say… thank you, everyone. Thank you for guiding down the path you believed was right for me and for loving someone who was almost a nobody in high school. I wouldn't have made it this far without you all… including my precious little angel."

He turned towards Fluttershy and winked at her. She winked back at him and blew a kiss at him. Israel caught it and turned back to Celestia, who gave him his diploma.

"Congratulations, Israel Yabuki. We will all miss you very deeply," Celestia said before they shook hands with each other. He sighed and walked back towards his friends and girlfriend, sitting back down on his chair. "And now, with the graduation ceremony coming to a close, we have two more special surprises for all of you. Tonight, There will be one final performance, the Rainbooms and the Troll Trio will sing their farewell songs before we say our final goodbyes to each other."

Thrilled with the surprise, the audience cheered loudly. What better way for everyone to end a graduation ceremony than with a couple of music performances.

"You heard her. Let's give them a show that's 20% cooler!" Rainbow encouraged the girls. Pinkie leaped out of her chair, squealing like a cute little fangirl. Luckily for them, their stage was already set up as well as their instruments were all ready for them.
.
"Good luck out there," Israel said.

"Won't need it," Rainbow replied. “We have each other to rely on.”

Israel chuckled, at Rainbow’s reply as he walked to his girlfriend to give her a quick little kiss on the cheek. “You’ll do amazing, like always my dear Flutters.”

Fluttershy blushed at her boyfriend as she held her tamborine close to her. Israel walked off the stage as the Rainbooms performance was about to start.

“And now, without further ado, here are The Rainbooms!!!” Celestia announced and walked away from the stage. The crowd started cheering as Twilight began playing on the giant, black piano with Sunset sitting on the lid.

The song continued with each of The Rainbooms singing their part of the lyrics. Fluttershy sang with her animal friends after Twilight and Sunset. Rarity was next with her fashionable clothes, then Rainbow Dash came up, rocking out hard and in her prime. Applejack came after Rainbow Dash, playing on her bass followed up by sweet sugar Pinkie Pie.

Together they sang about their friendship. How it will never truly be gone and that it will only become stronger through the ages. They will still have their challenges in life but with their friendship, together they will overcome it no matter how difficult it will be.

Once their song came to an end, the audience roared with applause. The girls all took a bow before Sunset grabbed the mic. "Thank you everyone. We're glad you enjoyed our last performance here. And remember, we may have to part ways, but we've still got our friendship." she said. "Now, without further ado, it's time for the boys here to sing their farewell song. Come on up here!"

"You heard 'em, buds, let's show the crowd what we're made of," Soarin said.

"Way ahead of you," Cheese said.

"Ain't no better time like the present," Israel said. The Troll Trio stood up and walked up on stage while the girls stepped down with Pinkie, Rainbow and Fluttershy giving their boyfriends a good luck kiss on their cheeks.

After getting their instruments all tuned up, the boys played their tunes, slowly building up the tempo until Israel started singing. He added some dancing to his amazing singing. The audience clapped happily to the beat.

Everyone can understand the meaning behind this song. While high school is over, there's still a whole other world to explore and so many things to discover, hidden talents waiting to be unleashed. In short, this was only the beginning of their lives.

All the seniors danced to the beat of this awesome song, even the girls. Their families and friends couldn't have been more proud of them for enduring so much in these past 4 years. And soon, once the song came to an end, everyone in the entire football field cheered on for these three boys. They took a bow before they were ambushed by their girlfriends. Fluttershy tackled Israel to the ground, hugging him. When he picked himself up, Fluttershy gave him a surprise kiss on the lips.

"Well, it looks like we've kicked things off with a bang. Congratulations, seniors of CHS. Good luck in your next chapter of your lives," Celestia said. With one more thunderous applause, all the seniors threw their caps up in the air, celebrating the 4 years of agonizing work they endured and ready to set out into the world.