• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 1,829 Views, 67 Comments

A Kind and Prosperous Couple - Israel Yabuki



This is a story dedicated to the one girl/mare who stole my heart. And to Lauren Faust, thank you for creating such a beautiful character.

  • ...
6
 67
 1,829

Weekend Funtime

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter for all of you to enjoy. Thank FrostGuardian helping me out big time. Anyways, thank you all for your patience and support, be sure to stay tuned for more chapters to come in the future and remember to keep on bronying on, everypony.

With a few more busy school days over and done with, the students left the school grounds, anxious to finally relax and enjoy the their time off. At the moment, Israel was walking home with a big smile. Knowing that Fluttershy wanted to spend a whole weekend with him at his house got him in a very good mood. His mind was also focused on his little "parting gift" he gave to Fluttershy.

He wasn't aware of the fact that she actually had a big crush on him, nor did he realize that he was beginning to fall for her as well. His mind was already filled with a few ideas and plans on what they could do together during the weekend and all the delicious things he could cook for her. Of course, all of this can only get started if his mother agrees to allow Fluttershy to stay over at their house during the weekend.

Getting more and more excited, Israel quickened his pace to get home faster. His efforts were well worth it, finally reaching his house. He took out his house key and unlocked the door, heading inside. His mom won't be back for another 2 hours, giving him plenty of time to fix up the house before she arrives.


Meanwhile, Fluttershy was walking home with her friends, Twilight and Sunset. They had a friendly chat, nothing that was too important, just talking about what they were going to do for the weekend and how excited they were for talent show.

"Sunset, Twilight? What are you planning on doing for the talent show? Are you planning on performing a duet like most of the others, or do you both have something else in mind?" Fluttershy asked.

The couple glanced at each other before they smiled and looked back at their friend. “We’re going to sing a duet together, it's one of our best talents,” Sunset replied.

“That sounds wonderful!” Fluttershy smiled.

“Though, we still need to practice if we want our performance to be perfect. But luckily, we've still got a couple of weeks to find the right song,” Twilight blushed.

Sunset pulled her girlfriend closer to her in comfort. "It makes me smile whenever you think positive.”

"Well, I learned to think positive thanks to you," Twilight said, nuzzling Sunset. “So Fluttershy, what are you and Israel going to do for the talent show?” she asked.

"We talked about it and we decided to sing ‘A Whole New World’ together. And you're not gonna believe what he did to me when the bell rang for lunch to end," Fluttershy said.

“Do tell us,” Sunset smirked.

"Okay… he… he… he… he kissed me on the cheek," she said, blushing.

“Really?!” Twilight exclaimed, feeling happy for her dear friend.

“Mhm, it was completely unexpected,” she placed her hand on her cheek where he kissed her. “I can still feel his warm, soft lips on my cheek.” Fluttershy said, dreamingly.

"Aww, that's so sweet. See? I told you he had a soft spot for you," Sunset added.

“I guess he really does,” Fluttershy then realized something. “Goodness, I haven’t told you girls yet. But I’m spending the weekend with him.”

"You're really spending the weekend with Israel?” Sunset asked, surprised.

“Mhm, we’re going to practice our song for the Talent Show at his house. He also told me he was also going to cook dinner for me.” Fluttershy happily explained.

“Sounds like you’re gonna have an amazing weekend with him from what I can tell,” Twilight said as she then held hands with Sunset. “So are we, aren't we, honey?”

"Hehe, you say that like we're married or something… sweetheart," Sunset rebutted before planting a kiss on Twilight's soft, cute cheek.

"Would that be so bad to be married? At least, some time after high school?" Twilight asked.

"You two are such a cute couple. And I'm happy for you two," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah. Ever since Twilight and I found out we had a thing for each other, it's given me a whole new perspective on life and I'm happy about that. By the way, Fluttershy, if Israel's cooking for you, I'd say you two are pretty much set when you get married one day. Normally I'd warn you not to rush things, but you already know how to pace yourself with just right," Sunset said.

"Mhmm. Although he invited me, I still have to get an approval from my parents to let me go over there and I also have to get his mom's approval," Fluttershy said.

“That shouldn't be a problem since your parents and even your brother have accepted him,” Sunset said, patting Fluttershy on the shoulder. “Although, I can’t speak for Israel's mother, but I think she’ll allow you to stay for the weekend since she knows you’re the friendliest girl anyone's ever met.”

"Thanks, Sunset," Fluttershy replied before seeing her house come into view. "Oh, I think this is my stop. I guess I'll see you girls later."

"Alright. Take care, Flutters. And tell your friend we said "hi." Twilight said as she and Sunset continued walking down the sidewalk while Fluttershy walked up to the front door. Fluttershy unlocked the door and entered her house, then locked the door back up. "Mom, dad, Zephyr, I'm home.”

Zephyr was the first one to greet her. “Hey there big sis! How was school today?” he asked, running down the stairs and jumping in front of his older sister.

"It was nice. Where are mom and dad?" she asked.

"They're chillaxin' up in their bedroom. Work's left them both wiped out," Zephyr said.

"Oh, I see. Well, I'm going to talk with them," she said, heading upstairs. Fluttershy walked down the halls and towards the master bedroom. Fluttershy knocked on the door and called out from the hallway. "Mom, dad, can I talk with you two for just a moment?"

"Hmm? Sure dear. Come on in," Mrs. Shy called out from inside her room. Fluttershy opened the door and saw her mother reading one of her favorite books while her father was lying on the bed, barely getting comfortable on his soft pillow before looking up at Fluttershy.

"What seems to be the trouble, sweetheart?" Mr. Shy asked.

“Uhm,” Fluttershy was a little nervous to ask her parents. If it were her friends, then her parents were quick to allow her to go, but with boys? That’s something she’s about to find out. “Would it be okay with you if I can… spend the entire weekend with, umm…“ She bit her lower lip a bit, “Israel?”

As expected from her dad, his eyes widened with shock and fell off the bed. He picked himself back up and looked straight at his daughter. "Fluttershy… this is so sudden! Are you sure you don't want to spend the weekend with the girls instead?"

"Honey, she's a growing young lady, almost an adult. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to see her spending the weekend with the nice young man," Mrs. Shy said.

“Besides, the dude really showed his true colors when he came over for dinner with his mother a few weeks ago, so he's not all that bad,” Zephyr added, standing in the door opening. “I don’t see the harm in it either and big sis here can take good care of herself,” He ruffled her hair a bit, much to her annoyance.

Mr. Shy pondered a bit. His wife was rigt about Fluttershy becoming an adult. Sooner or later he's gonna have to let his precious daughter go. She has met someone who is very kind and patient. His wife's already approved of him and even his son likes Fluttershy’s new friend.

“Alright then Fluttershy. If this is really what you want, then I won't stop you. You may go ahead and spend the weekend with your friend, Israel.” Mrs. Shy said. “Just call us if something ever happens and we’ll head over there as soon as we possibly can.”

"Honey, exactly how are you okay with this?" Mr. Shy asked, slightly skeptical and worried.

"It's simple, honey. The day Israel came to our house for dinner, I took one look in his eyes and could tell he had a pure, innocent vibe about himself," Mrs. Shy said. Mr. Shy blinked, knowing how accurate his wife's perception is when she senses someone's true nature just by looking into their eyes.

"Okay… you win, honey. Fluttershy, if you really want to stay over the weekend at Israel's house, I won't keep you from your happiness any longer. Just make sure his mother is okay with it," Mr. Shy said.


Speaking of which, back at Israel's house, the hours passed and his mom finally came home from the traffic court with this big grin on her face. The moment she came home, though, she went straight to her room to change out of her work clothes. His mom was getting ready to go out with her friends for a bite to eat.

"Hey, mom, you got a sec?" he asked from outside her room.

"What do you need, mijo?" she asked from inside, still getting dressed.

"My friend, Fluttershy wants to come over for the weekend. Are you okay with me having her over and cook dinner for the two of us?" he asked.

"Fluttershy? The girl you're always hanging out with?" she asked, which he confirmed. There was a long pause before she gave him her answer. “You sure about this,mijo?”

"Yeah, she really wants to come."

"Well… alright. But just don't get into trouble with her. And make sure to clean up the messes when you're done eating your meals, okay? And please, keep this house clean," she said.

“I will, mom. I promise,” Israel said.

"Alright then, just make sure she has permission from her parents, too." she said.

"I'm way ahead of you on that." Israel then walked away from his mom's door and pulled out his phone, then dialed Fluttershy's number. He waited patiently for Fluttershy to pick up while he sat on the couch. On the 2nd ring, he heard that sweet, angelic voice of hers.

"Hello," said Fluttershy.

"Hi Flutters. I've got some great news. My mom's letting you come over," he said.

“That’s wonderful news, Israel,” Fluttershy replied. “My parents are ok with it as well, even Zephyr agreed to let me stay me with you. And my mom says she’s willing to drive me to your house.”

"Great! Then I guess I'll prepare dinner right away."

"Wait, before you go… do you think you can type in your address? I forgot to mention that, since I don't know exactly where you live."

"Right, of course. Just a second," Israel then typed in his address in a text message. After he finished, he sent the message straight to Fluttershy. "There you go, I sent it.”

“Alright then, I’ll see you in half an hour,” Fluttershy said. “I can’t wait to see what you’re cooking for us.”

“I can’t tell you that Flutters. It’s a surprise,” Israel teased her a bit.

"Hehe, okay then. I'll be patient. See you then," she giggled.

"Later, Flutters," Israel and Fluttershy then both hung up. Israel sprang up from the couch and ran into the kitchen, getting all the ingredients needed for the fun-filled weekend.


Moments later, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Christina said. She ran up to the front door and opened it up while Israel was still cooking, seeing the ever-so lovely Fluttershy, carrying a suitcase filled with her clothes and other things. "Oh, hello Fluttershy."

"Hi, Christina. May I come in?" she asked.

"Sure, make yourself at home. My son's in the kitchen and I'm about to head out. Now, you two make sure to keep the house clean while I'm out with the girls. If I'm not back by tonight, I'll let you know, that I'm at my friend's house, so take care you two," Christina then left as her son and Fluttershy bid her goodbye. She closed and locked the door before heading out towards her car and driving off.

"That's mom for ya. Sometimes, she needs some time away from parenting," Israel said, putting on some of the finishing touches to his dish.

“So, what are you cooking for us, Israel?” Fluttershy wondered.

"Come on over here and see," he said as he served himself and Fluttershy a plate and set them both on the table and then he sat down. Fluttershy walked over to see what he made. Her eyes widened when she saw some fettuccini in alfredo sauce with a side salad and a slice of garlic bread.

"Wow… you cooked this all by yourself?" she asked.

"Yeah, I know how you don't really like meat, so I wanted to make something that I knew you would enjoy, so I made some tasty pasta.”

“Thank you, Israel. I really appreciate that,” Fluttershy said as she sniffed her nose, smelling Israel’s fettuccini with alfredo sauce and the fresh garlic bread. “It smells delicious.”

"And what's a nice dinner without a nice, relaxing movie?" he said, running over to a cabinet right next to the TV, opening it up to reveal all sorts of DVD and Blu-Ray movies. "So, Fluttershy, which movie would you like to watch to start off the night?" he asked.

“Hmmm,” she overlooked each movie Israel had until her eyes stopped at one of his Disney movies. “I’d like to watch the movie, Aladdin. If you’re ok with that.”

“Good choice!” Israel agreed. “Robin Williams’s voice acting as the Genie is absolutely amazing and we can even practice our song for the Talent Show!”

"Yay," she said, following it up with a giggle just to push his buttons. Israel clenched his heart in reaction to her cuteness and almost fell to the ground.

“You’re really cute when you do that, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy’s cheeks turned red once again and looked away to hide her blush. Israel quickly proceeded to put in the movie that Fluttershy chose, then turned the TV on, changing it to the right channel. After that, he brought the remote with him to the table with Fluttershy. After saying their prayers they started eating, enjoying Israel’s fettuccini with alfredo sauce. Fluttershy also took some of the salad and two slices of garlice bread.

“Wow, this is really delicious, Israel,” Fluttershy said after taking a bite.

“I’m glad you like it, Fluttershy,” he smiled back at her. “Oh, look! The movie is starting.”

Soon, as the movie played, both Israel and Fluttershy remained silent and kept eating their dinner while they were enjoying each other's company. Fluttershy kept giving Israel the occasional glances due to her unrelenting infatuation towards him. And sometimes whenever Fluttershy's attention was focused on the movie, Israel would look at her a couple of times. Each time he looked at her, he thought she was becoming more and more beautiful and adorable by the second.

As the movie went on, Israel and Fluttershy replayed some of the scenes between Aladdin and Princess Jasmine before letting the movie keep going. They sang all the songs, knowing each and every one of the lyrics to each song by heart. The two friends were laughing at some jokes and references from other movies and actors that the Genie did in the movie .

When the movie came to the scene with the magic carpet ride, Fluttershy and Israel sang along with Aladdin and Jasmine, slightly struggling on certain parts of the song where the characters sang over each other, but still managed to sing it good. The 2 then looked at each other, smiling at how well they both sang.

"Very good, Flutters. As expected from a member of the Rainbooms," he complimented.

"Aww, you're so sweet, Israel. I liked your singing, too. Though, it's gonna take some time to perfect our performance for the Talent Show,” Fluttershy advised.

“I couldn’t agree more Fluttershy,” Israel replied. “And I think I have something that we can use to practice with once the movie is over.”

"Oh? What'd you have in mind?" Fluttershy asked.

“You’ll see,” he winked at her. “You’re going to love it.”

They continued watching the movie as they were at the part were the evil Jafar was putting his plan in motion to get rid of Aladdin once and for all. When they were at the part where Jafar started to laugh maniacally due to his plan being a huge success, Fluttershy grabbed Israel’s hand firmly.

“T-that laugh of his always gives me the shivers,” Fluttershy said.

"I get what you mean. His laugh makes him sound like some old nutcase. But if senior psychopath was actually real, I'd do everything in my power to keep him away from you," he said, unknowingly making himself out as some lone hero to her.

“As my friend, Rarity would put it; you’d be my knight in shining armor then?” Fluttershy giggled.

"Aww shucks," he replied, blushing a bit. "I'm no knight in shining armor, but I do what I can in order to get the job done right, Flutters. Also, I'm starting to think there's no off-switch on that cuteness of yours, you precious little cutie-pie, you." Israel gave Fluttershy a gentle squeeze on her cheeks, causing her to squee and almost gave him a heart attack. "Hnnng!!! See what I mean?"

“I guess it just comes naturally,” Fluttershy said quietly. “I… can’t really help it Israel. It's just... part of who I am... and how I usually act.”

"There's nothing wrong with being yourself. In fact, I like you for who you are, inside and out. And I wouldn't have it any other way," he said sincerely.

“Do you mean it?” Fluttershy asked with her eyes widened.

"Yeah, of course. And by the way, I want to thank you, Fluttershy."

“Me, for what?” Fluttershy asked.

"At the beginning of our senior year, I wanted to thank you… for wanting to be my friend when you thought that I was all by myself and had no friends," he said.

“Oh, well, you’re welcome, Israel,” Fluttershy blushed a little. “Would you believe me if said I was very shy when I just started High school?”

"Yes, I would. But there's nothing wrong with being shy when starting your first day of school. I used to be like that until the end of middle school," he explained.

“I guess we have more in common than I thought at first,” Fluttershy giggled.

"Guess so. Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the food," he said before getting up from his seat. He grabbed his empty plate and Fluttershy's, putting them in the dishwasher with all the other dirty dishes as well as the pots and pans he used after putting all of the leftovers in bowls for later. "Why don't you go on ahead and keep watching the movie while I get these dishes all cleaned up for tomorrow."

"Okay and thank you for treating me. It was delicious," she said before getting up from her seat. She let him do his business and was about to head into the living room. But then, something piqued her curiosity when she glanced down the hallway.

She walked down the hallways and stopped in front of this door that had a "Keep Out" sign nailed into the door, making Fluttershy more curious. Fluttershy tried to turn the knob, but it was locked.

"Israel, what does this door lead to? Is this your room?" Fluttershy called out.

"What are you talking abo--" he asked as he was peeking out from the kitchen. He stopped when he saw her looking at the door that gave him chills. "Whoa, don't go in there, Fluttershy!" he said in a panic, running towards her and then guided her gently away from the door. "I'm not upset, but we don't have any business going inside that room, trust me on this."

"But… why? Is that your room?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, my room's over there," he pointed at the open door on the far left end of the hallway. "That room there… is… well, it's, well uh…" Israel seemed hesitant, like he was hiding something. Fluttershy noticed it, but she thought it would be better not to press or force Israel to tell her what’s behind the door.

“If you don’t feel comfortable telling me then I understand,” Fluttershy said and placed her hand on his shoulder. “Just know that I’m here for you, Israel.”

"Thank you for your understanding, Fluttershy. All I can say is that the one who lived in that room… well… they sort of had to walk down a different path years ago," he said.

"I understand. Come on, let's just go watch the movie and have a good time," Fluttershy said, taking him by the hand, escorting him back into the living room. The movie was near the end, where Aladdin was about to set the genie free with his final wish.

As the two friends saw how overly happy the genie was after he was free, they both laughed happily for him. “You know, you gotta admit, the friendship between Aladding and the Genie is truly magical and heartwarming if you think about it,” Israel smiled.

“Don’t forget the magic Carpet, along with Abu, that cute little monkey and Rajah the tiger, they all share a strong friendship between Aladdin and Jasmine.” Flutteshy added.

"She's got more courage to have such an exotic beauty for a pet," Israel replied before a bark startled him, "Santa Maria, what in blazes?!" he yelped. Israel looked towards his right and saw his pet dog, Bentley, standing on his hind legs, wanting to be picked up onto the couch. "Bentley, you little scamper, come here." He picked up his white maltese poodle and laid him on his lap. His gaze switched from his owner to his friend and gave her the puppy-dog eyes and a cute smile.

“Aw, who’s this cute little guy?” Fluttershy cooed.

"This is Bentley, my dog. My mom found him as a rescue at a firework stand. He used to be called Piccolo Pete, but we changed it to Bentley because it suits him. He and I have been buddies for a long time. I even let him sleep on my bed with me every night to keep each other company. He's als pretty spoiled, constantly demanding belly rubs from me 24/7," Israel explained while petting his pooch.

“Yes, I do like them belly rubs. They make my doggy day,” Bentley told Fluttershy.

Fluttershy chuckled at what Israel’s dog just said to her. “You are one cute, little rascal aren’t you?” she ruffled his head a little bit, causing him to wag his tail.

“Eh, Fluttershy? Who are you talking to?” Israel asked, confused.

“I’m talking to Bentley of course. He just told me that he indeed loves all of the belly rubs you gave him and how they make his doggy day.”

"Ooh, and treats! The treats he feeds me are so good! He also makes my food taste like gravy. It's so yummy, I gobble it all up so quickly," Bentley said.

"How do you know what he's saying?" Israel asked.

"My geode allows me to talk to animals. I used to be able to understand animals without it, but now, with my geode, I can talk to them directly," Fluttershy said, showing her geode. "And he also said you feed him nicely every single day because of how you make his food taste like gravy."

“Really now?” Israel was surprised that Fluttershy can actually talk with his dog. It felt good to know that he treats Bentley well, especially if it's coming from his own dog's mouth. But Israel already knew that from all the affection Bentley gave him. He held his dog in front of him, who gave him a dry look.

“Yes, really, now let me go. I wanna sit on the cute girl's lap, if you please?” Bentley asked.

“He said that he wants to sit on my lap now.” Fluttershy translated for Israel.

"Alright, you cute little cotton ball, here you go," Israel said, setting Bentley on Fluttershy's lap and kept watching the rest of the ending of Aladdin, watching him and Jasmine share one last kiss before riding their magic Carpet straight into the night.

Soon, the moon started to move in the movie and revealed Genie's face, laughing. Then suddenly, Genie him peeked out from under the screen saying "Made you look," before hiding from everyone's eyes.

"Hehe, he's always a laugh. I just wish I could've met him in real life. Rest in peace, our dear friend, Robin Williams, you were a barrel of laughs to all of us," he said, a bit down.

"I know of a way we can cheer you up. How about we practice singing?" Fluttershy asked.

"Alright. I think I have Just Sing somewhere in my room. Let me just go look for it,"

“I’ll be staying here, taking care of Bentley.” Fluttershy said while giving him a good scratch behind the ears making him kick one of his back legs.

“Oh that’s it, right there miss Fluttershy.” Bentley sighed in relief, sticking out his tongue.

Israel chuckled at his dog, seeing him so relaxed around Fluttershy. She really does have a way with animals, whether they are domesticated or not. He left the living room and went to his room, looking for the game as quick as he possibly could.

He looked through his game drawer, rummaging through all the games he had, old and new and finally found it buried deep in the center. "Gotcha, you little devil!" He said before closing up the drawer and walked out with the game case. "Here it is, you two cuties."

"Oh, is that the game you were talking about?" Fluttershy asked.

“Yup, I thought this would be a fun way to practice our singing with this game. It’s basically some sort of a karaoke game we can play together.”

"Ooh, I love karaoke. But, uh… how are we going to sing if we don't have mic?" Fluttershy asked.

"Not a problem. There's an app on my phone that allows it to act as a microphone. I downloaded it some time ago after I bought the game," Israel said.

“I didn’t know you could do that with your phone,” Fluttershy said in amazement.

“Then let us test it out and I’ll even show you how it works,” Israel chuckled. “I haven’t really had the chance to play this game in a while.” He went to the TV and started up his PS4 that was lying underneath. Afterwards, he inserted the disc and and changed the channel to his PS4. He got out his PS4 controller and selected the ‘Just Sing’ game and backed up.

"Uh, Israel, which app was it that you downloaded?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'll show you," he took out his phone and showed her the app he downloaded. "Here, this is the app that you're gonna need to download." Fluttershy nodded and selected the Play Store app on her phone and downloaded the app he showed her which one to download. After everything was set up, both friends began their game, choosing different songs to sing. "Alright, who should go first?" he asked.

"How about you go first? I don’t know the game so well,” Fluttershy suggested. “It always helps me when I see someone else doing it first.”

“Fine by me, Fluttershy,” Israel smiled and selected a song from the list on screen. One particular song caught his eye and picked that song without hesitation. As soon as the music began to play, Fluttershy was in for quite the show.

Now, Fluttershy had already heard him singing before with his friends, but there was something about him singing now that sparked something inside her. She continued listening to his beautiful singing, trying her hardest to ignore the feeling of her heart fluttering. But she just couldn't, it felt as though the boy she's crushing on is expressing his true feelings to her.

She closed her eyes and pictured herself and Israel together on a dance floor, both dressed in nice clothing and dancing as they stared lovingly at each other's eyes. Fluttershy was living a fantasy world she only wished would last forever and ever.

But sadly, the song came to an end and she opened her eyes to see Israel smiling at her. "So Fluttershy, tell me, did you like the song I sang?" he asked.

Fluttershy continued staring at him dreamingly, she was so caught up in the song that she didn’t realize that the song had come to an end.

“Eh, Fluttershy?”

“Hmm? Oh!” She shook her head as she was back in the present. “That was amazing, Israel. It was such a warm, welcoming song and you sang it with your beautiful singing voice.”

"Aww, thanks Flutters. Now, let's hear that lovely voice of yours," he said. Fluttershy quickly grabbed her phone and stood up to finally take her turn. She looked through each song and finally chose one she knew that Israel had never heard about. And when the music started, his world was turned upside down.

Fluttershy's singing was even greater than that of an angel. He thought his eyes were playing tricks on him when she started to sparkle the more she sang. Next thing he knew, he felt his heart fluttering and tears 3454 slightly swelling up in his eyes. He didn't know then, but he knew now… he was falling in love with this amazing girl and wanted to spend every waking moment with her. With a smile on his face, he kept listening to Fluttershy's beautiful voice as she took off with her singing.

Israel had never felt so much love towards a single girl in his life. Fluttershy seemed like she was the only one who ever touched his heart and it was only from this one song. His mind trailed off, thinking of the future he could have with Fluttershy, like going off to college with her, saving up to move into their very own house… and eventually getting married.

After the song ended, he was brought back to reality. "Well… how did I do?" she asked.

Israel was complete speechless after hearing Fluttershy’s angelic voice sing such a beautiful song. He stood up and grabbed her, making her squeal a little as he spun her in the air and gave her a big hug once she was set back on the ground safely.

“That… was so beautiful that I…I just…. Can’t find the words to describe how amazing you were Fluttershy, you were just simply incredible,” Israel said in complete surprise.

“You really think so?” Fluttershy said shyly.

“I don’t think, Fluttershy. I know so!” Israel stated firmly in his voice. “Beside taking care of animals, you also have a great musical talent in you that’s waiting to come out.”

"Oh… my… t-thanks, Israel. T-That's very… s-s-sweet of you," she stuttered, feeling more shy than ever as her crush was praising her. "S-So umm… w-w-what else should we do?" she asked.

“The game has only just begun, how about we sing some other songs? Who knows, there might be some duet songs that we can sing if the audience wants an encore,” Israel suggested. He then searched through the song list and soon came across one particular song. "Here we go. You ready Fluttershy?”

“With you? Always.” Fluttershy said. Israel nodded and selected the song. The music soon started and right away, both Israel and Fluttershy began their amazing duet.

Fluttershy has a beautiful voice and Israel is an amazing singer. Together they sang their duet as if they were combined as one musician. The music, the lyrics, it was like they’ve sang together for years. To make it even more fun, the two friends started dancing along with the music. They were having a wonderful time together as they sang their hearts out.

Though, neither of them knew that they had feelings for each other, they still enjoyed each other's company like there was no tomorrow. Later, after the song came to an end, they sang a lot of other songs they liked, constantly praising eahc other. Some were duets and some were solo. They continued their singing until their voices got tired and decided to watch some other movies while eating popcorn and drinking soda.

"You know… that was the most fun I've ever had in a long time," Fluttershy said.

"Me too, Fluttershy. Me too…” Israel replied. “What about your friends? Surely you had some amazing times together with them as well.”

"A few. There was one in particular where we got minor on-screen roles in the Daring Do movie and got to see it at the Canterlot Cinemas and with best seats in the house," she said.

"What, really?! Oh, you lucky girl!" he said, facepalming himself while smiling.

“And what about you Israel? You must have some good times with your friends Soarin and Cheese Sandwich as well didn't you, Israel?”

"Actually… there was this one time back in our junior year when we got to record our favorite songs and put them in our own CDs. Although, we didn't record it here at CHS, it was at another school in a different city, probably 45 minutes away. I still have the CD here," he explained.

“Oh, wow! Maybe you and your friends should consider a music career,” Fluttershy suggested. Israel chuckled when she brought that up.

"That's what my family tells me all the time. Although, it's still just a hobby to me, I don't mind performing for small events like talent shows. But when I get into college, I'm gonna weigh out my options with different classes, like theatre, music and maybe even law," Israel said.

"Law? You mean, you want to be a lawyer?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, more like a detective. But I'll worry about that after I've finished high school. For now, I'm gonna keep enjoying my high school days… and enjoy your company, too," Israel said, gently stroking her hair.

Fluttershy giggled and nuzzled into Israel's shoulder while watching one of his movies. About halfway through the second movie, they were both getting a little tired. Israel put the movie on pause and went into the hallway, then opened up one of the closet doors, taking out a blanket and some pillows. He came back to the sofa and gave a soft, fluffy pillow to Fluttershy. After making themselves comfortable, Israel puts the blanket over them so that they could stay warm and get some rest.


The next day, it was now 8:30 A.M and Israel was the first to wake up. He looked around and saw that his mom did not get home last night. He can guess that she spent the night at one of her friend's house because it got so late and she must've gotten too tired. When he turned his gaze towards Fluttershy, his heart skipped a beat when he saw her snuggling into him, still sleeping soundly. Her peaceful, adorable smile brought so much joy to him the more he stared at Fluttershy, making herself cozy. He nuzzled Fluttershy, making her sigh happily in her sleep and bringing up those fuzzy feelings in him again.

'What a perfectly beautiful little angel,' he thought to himself.