• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 1,818 Views, 67 Comments

A Kind and Prosperous Couple - Israel Yabuki



This is a story dedicated to the one girl/mare who stole my heart. And to Lauren Faust, thank you for creating such a beautiful character.

  • ...
6
 67
 1,818

Making A New Friend

Author's Note:

Here's chapter one. I will continue this later on, but first, I gotta finish up the other stories I've held back for long enough. So I hope this chapter is to your liking and if not I understand so thanks for your patience and support, stay tuned for more and keep bronying on

Canterlot High School it's been through a lot of crazy adventures over the past couple of years, but now everything has become more peaceful and quiet. And that's just how a certain girl liked it. And that girl was none other than the Element of Kindness herself: Fluttershy. She, along with her best friends, Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity had just finished their junior year a few months ago and are now seniors, and couldn't wait for the day when they graduate.

The girls kept talking about what their plans will be after they graduate. Applejack was already planning on continuing the family business at Sweet Apple Acres. This was a choice she made on her own, even after her parents told her she should pursue her own dreams. But Applejack insisted on keeping the family tradition going... especially after Grand Pear and Granny Smith passed away from natural causes.

AJ and her family were devastated when they lost their grandparents. But no one was more devastated than Apple Bloom and Pear Butter. And this all happened a month ago. But now, Applejack made peace with her grandparents and is keeping her head held high. As for Rarity, she was planning on expanding her business as a dress designer all over the world. The other girls, however, weren't exactly sure what to do when they graduate, but they would think it over throughout their last years as high school students.

Fluttershy had a plan set for herself: To turn her animal shelter into an animal sanctuary, with plenty of room for the animals to roam around and not be cramped up in their cages. But it'd take a lot of hard work and money to create something as beautiful as that.

Just now, the bells rang at 8 A.M sharp and every one of the girls went to their designated classes; Fluttershy's first class was English class. When she walked in, she noticed that she was the only one who had just arrived before anybody else did. "Ah, Ms. Fluttershy, right on schedule," said Mr. Whooves in his British accent. "Go ahead and take a seat and we'll wait for everyone else." And so Fluttershy sat at her desk, waiting and watched as more and more students came into class. Most of which Fluttershy knew their names by heart, but... there was one particular student she had never seen before.

A young man with cream yellow skin just like hers. Except he had hazel eyes and this messy silver hair that covered up the right side of his face. He had on a blue, long-sleeved shirt and light tan pants with dark brown, laceless shoes and had this strange logo on his shirt. From what Fluttershy could see, it looked like some kind of wheel with 7 other circles inside it, all with different symbols.

For all she knows, he could probably be new to the classroom, but didn't look like a freshman. "Alrighty then, everyone, welcome to English Class," Mr. Whooves said. "Now, before we get our books, we have a brand new student here who has graciously joined us in our class. Everyone, I'd like you all to give him a warm Canterlot Wondercolt welcome and make him feel at home. Go on then, young man, come on up to the front of the class and introduce yourself, don't be shy." he gestures to the boy with the long, silver hair, making him stand up and leave his desk.

He walks up to the front and faces the class, clearing his throat. "H-Hello everyone. My name is... Israel Yabuki, I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school. I transferred to Mr. Whooves class because I feel like I wanted to put myself to the test with and improve my vocabulary. It's a pleasure meeting you all and I look forward to being able to work with all of you," he said, before bowing.

'Oh, so he's the same age as me. That's nice to hear,' Fluttershy thought to herself. Most of the class gave this new student a light applause before Yabuki sat back down in his desk. 'He seems nice, but... why do I get this strange feeling that he's all by his lonesome?' Fluttershy thought to herself again. 'Hmm, maybe I could introduce him to my friends and maybe that'll cheer him up.'

"Very good, Israel. Wonderful! Now then, since we got that settled, I'd like you all to please follow me and we'll go get your textbooks from the library," Mr. Whooves said. "Come along now, class, single file line."

And once again, everyone got up from their desks and formed a line as instructed. Fluttershy ended up standing in the middle of the line behind the new student. As everyone walked out, she could hear Israel making some kind of sound. It was quiet, but she still heard it: he was humming a tune. Fluttershy chose not to disturb him and listened to the melody of his angelic humming.

Soon, they arrived at the library entrance and stopped, except for Fluttershy. She was so lost in Yabuki's humming, that she wasn't paying attention and ended up bumping into him.

"Oh!" he said in surprise and looked behind him, staring directly at the timid animal lover. "Hey, what happened, did you get sidetracked or something?" he asked, a little concerned, but not too concerned. Fluttershy backed up a bit to give him a little bit of space.

"S-Sorry, I didn't... mean to bump into you," she said, a little quietly.

Israel tilted his head in confusion and then patted her shoulder. "It's fine, you didn't mean to. You just try to be a little more careful, that's all," he said before turning to face the front of the line. Fluttershy lifted her head in surprise, seeing how he was just as kind as her. She sighed and headed inside the library with the rest of the class, going to pick out an "English Grammar and Composition" textbook.


Everyone had gotten the textbooks they were looking for and brought them back to class. Mr. Whooves instructed all of the students to turn their pages and began reading out the words in the first chapter. Fluttershy had made sure to jot down some of the info in her notes, getting most of the info down.

For the duration of the class, Mr. Whooves gave out his simple lectures, teaching the kids new words, what they meant and how to use them in sentences. Because Wednesday was the first day of school, there was no homework for the first week. And when class was over, Fluttershy took her textbook with her and walked straight out into the school hallway, heading towards her locker. She put in her lock combination and placed her book in the locker before running to her heading to her next class: Advanced Algebra.

Turning the corner, she once again didn't look where she was going and accidentally bumped into Yabuki again, sending them both tumbling down onto the ground.

"OOF!" he grunted. Fluttershy gasped and picked herself up and helped Yabuki back up on his feet. "Now that's what I call a real adrenaline rush," he said as he stood up, dusting himself off.

"Oh dear, I am so sorry!" Fluttershy said, a little bit panicked.

"Don't worry, I'm okay. Though, you sure packed a lot of power in that tackle of yours. I take it you're running a little late and heading off to another class?" he asked. Fluttershy nodded. "Alright then. Just try to be a little more careful next time. See you later miss... uh... what was your name again?"

"F-Fluttershy," she said.

"Fluttershy," he said in a soft tone. "That's a beautiful name. Well, I'll see you around." After waving goodbye, he walks into the direction of the gymnasium. Fluttershy was a little disappointed because his class schedule was probably slightly different from her own. But she prayed to herself that she would be able to see him again soon before looking at the clock up on the wall.

"Uh-oh, only 2 minutes left!" Fluttershy gasped. She instantly raced down the halls and headed off towards her Advanced Algebra class.


Math, and science class were both just like English class: heading into the library and getting textbooks before hearing the teachers' lectures on each problem the class had to solve. But soon, it came time for P.E and much to Fluttershy's surprise, Israel Yabuki was in this class. As much as she wanted to say hi to him, she had to wait as coach Spitfire showed up soon after everyone was present and accounted for.

"Alright class, ten-HUT!" Spitfire shouts. Every student who heard her, they all form a row. "Nice hustle, now before we work up a sweat, we'll begin with roll call!" The coach gets out her clip board and pen and calls out the students by their first name instead of their last name. One by one, each student answered with either "here," or "present," among other things.

After roll call, she addressed the students. "Alright you guys, listen up. Today's the first day and it's time to get in a nice little warm-up, so everyone grab a partner and follow me lead, we're getting started with some training exercises, is that clear?" The students all nod. "Good, now partner up so we can get press on ahead!" Everyone follows her instructions, finding their partners and awaiting their next instructions. Fluttershy sees all of her classmates paired up, except for her... and Yabuki.

"Y-Yabuki?" she asks, getting his attention. "Everyone else's is partnered up, do you...?"

"Sure, sounds like a great idea," he shrugs, being okay with it. So, he and Fluttershy partner up and regroup with the others listening to coach Spitfire's instructions. For the first part of the warm-up, she tells each of the students to start with 50 east sit-ups while their partners keep their legs from spreading apart or lifting up in the air and then have them switch tasks. In short, if Yabuki finishes his 50 push-ups, he has to keep Fluttershy's legs straight when she has to do her sit-ups.

Everyone wastes no time in starting off their exercise. During this time, Fluttershy strikes up a conversation with her gym partner to make it less boring. "Yabuki, if you don't mind me asking you this, I'd like to know how long you've been studying in Canterlot High."

"Umm... for about 3 years now, why do you ask?" he asks, curious.

"Well, I've... I've just never seen you around before," she says.

"Oh, well, I make it a habit to blend in with the crowd while I zoom past them without them noticing. I don't really do so well in big crowds, so I always try to stay as hidden as possible," he explains, still doing his sit-ups.

"You mean... you don't have any friends?" she asks.

"Actually, I do have two very good friends who've stuck with me since my Junior High School Graduation and have always been there for me. If you met them, you'd love 'em," he says. "Their names are Soarin and Cheese Sandwich, they invited me to a party they were hosting at Soarin's dad's house."

"What are they like?" Fluttershy asks.

"Soarin's a big of show-off and he's got a heck of an appetite when it comes to apple pie. Cheese Sandwich is a party animal who's also got this funny side that makes me break out in a giggle fit. I think he made me crack my ribs once from laughing too hard. We had 2nd and 3rd period classes earlier. Though, they decided to do some teasing with me because I... bumped into you earlier," he says, blushing. "They asked me if you were my girlfriend and I cannot tell you how embarrassed I was when they said that."

"I'd probably be embarrassed, too, if my friends teased me for thinking I had a boyfriend," she says, blushing and hiding her cute face.

"So, what about your friends? What are they like?" he asks.

"Oh my, where do I even begin? Well... they're like sisters to me. But I think my best friend is Rainbow Dash, because when I was just a little girl, I was always picked on by other boys and girls for being too shy and not being able to stand up to them. But, Rainbow Dash defended me, telling them to back off. Since then, she's always been there for me and same with the other girls: Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle," Fluttershy explained.

"Oh, you mean those girls who call themselves the Rainbooms?" he asked. Fluttershy, up until now, forgot about the previous events that took place during her junior year. For someone who always keeps his head on the down-low, Israel still had the displeasure of witnessing the events that had befallen during the Fall Formal, Battle of the Bands, the Friendship Games and possibly other recent events. It makes Fluttershy wonder if he's been mentally scarred and maybe that's the reason why he's so distant with everyone else in this school besides his two best friends.

"Mhmm, they're the ones," Fluttershy confirms right as Israel did his 50th sit-up. "Oop, looks like you're finished, guess it's time to switch."

"Looks like it," he agrees. Soon, the two switch up and now Israel helps keep Fluttershy's legs straight and then she starts with her sit-ups. "You know, maybe if we got the time, we can introduce our friends to each other, does that sound like a good idea?"

"Oh, that would be nice," Fluttershy squees as she's doing her sit-ups. "But you know, I was kind of wondering if... maybe we could be friends, too."

"Yeah, of course," Israel nods. "So, what do you and your group of friends do?"

"Well, Twilight and Sunset have just started dating during summer vacation after Twilight had a bit of a harsh break-up with her ex-boyfriend, Timber Spruce. Rarity tried to hook up with the Principal's nephew, but he was so rude that she left him and started dating Applejack just recently,"

"Four of your friends are dating each other?" Israel's eyes widened to this surprising news. Then for a few brief moments of silence he thinks it over and then... "I guess that explains why I've seen these two girl couples giving each other pecks on the lips and having quiet lunches together out by the bleachers. If you ever see those two happy couples, tell them I'm happy for them and that I said "hi,"

"I will," she nods before sitting back up. "How many was that?"

"That was 37, keep it up, just 13 more to go," he encourages. Fluttershy smiles and continues her sit-ups, still striking a chat with her new friend. She's definitely going to look forward to lunchtime. After all, building bigger friendships with others was something she always seems to enjoy.