• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 1,798 Views, 67 Comments

A Kind and Prosperous Couple - Israel Yabuki



This is a story dedicated to the one girl/mare who stole my heart. And to Lauren Faust, thank you for creating such a beautiful character.

  • ...
6
 67
 1,798

The Start of a Stronger Love

High school was over as the Rainbooms and the Troll Trio went their separate ways. Sunset and Twilight decided to further their education at Canterlot University with their dear friend, Fluttershy and her boyfriend, Israel Yabuki.

Pinkie and Cheese continue to work at Sugar Cafe and hope to one day work their way up and become the next owners of it. Soarin and Rainbow Dash also got jobs as well. They were working as young gym instructors while training to one day enter the Olympics.

Applejack continues to work at Sweet Apple Acres with her family. Rarity kept working over at her shop: Carousel Boutique, while sometimes visiting her girlfriend.

As for the cute couple themselves, they were in their second year at college right now. With Fluttershy studying to be a veterinarian and Israel was studying how to fix computers and designing video games. The two also shared an apartment, close to Canterlot University, where they study together.

It wasn't a big apartment, but it was all they could afford with the money they make from their part time jobs. Israel works part time at a grocery store while Fluttershy still works at the animal shelter.

Little did Fluttershy know that Israel has a surprise for her. He saved some money to buy her a special gift. Now, he’s waiting for the right moment to surprise her. He has a small box that he hides under his pillow. In it, was a silver ring with a butterfly on it that represents Fluttershy’s cutie mark.

Fluttershy was currently working in the library, reading some textbooks on the different kinds of ways to heal animals. Israel was in a classroom, working on a water-damaged laptop. He has some spare parts that needed to bring the laptop back into working order.

As he was fixing it, he noticed that he had to replace the hard drive since it got a short circuit due to the water damaging it. “Whoever did this had better watch out next time with their drinks. Water and electricity don’t exactly go well together.” Israel sighed as he finished screwing in the last screw. “There, it should be as good as new now.”

Afterwards, he turned on the laptop and saw the boot up menu. Now all that was left was to install the software. The software itself was all in a usb and it was supposed to take at least an hour to install Windows 10, plenty of time. “Maybe I’ll check how my sweet Fluttershy is doing on this lovely day.” Israel grabbed his phone and send her a message on how she’s doing.

Fluttershy finished reading her latest book in the library that was twice as big as the one back in CHS. She also made a lot of notes from the book and from the others books she read. “That will do it for today,” she said in relief and started packing her backpack, ready to go home.

Her phone vibrated as it was on silent mode. She checked it and she received a message from her loving boyfriend, asking how’s she been today. Fluttershy quickly replied to his message.

“I’m fine, sweetie. I just finished studying for today at the library. I’m going back to our apartment now. Do you need something from the store nearby?”

Israel texted back, saying, "I'm gonna need some fresh cauliflower. I need it as an ingredient for our special dinner tonight."

Fluttershy texted back in reply, "Okay, sweetheart. Are you doing okay with your assignment?"

"Yes, I just gotta install the Windows 10 into this laptop and I should be good to go. And be sure to meet me at the beach later on today." He texted.

“Getting fresh cauliflower from the store and meeting you at the beach later on today, you got it Sweetie!” Fluttershy texted..

"Good. See you then, Cutie-shy," he replied back, making his girlfriend blush and giggle.

Finishing her text, Fluttershy continued packing her stuff and headed out to the store to buy the necessary ingredient that her boyfriend needed. While she was there, she also bought some carrots for Angel now that he has found a mate, she needed to buy some extra since Angel is going to be a papa very soon.

She had a lot on her mind while she was shopping, like how secretive Israel was acting lately ever since their first year semester ended and all the time and energy he used, working overtime and during their previous summer vacation.

And because of those long hours, it was hard for him to stay awake during most days. She appreciated how hard he works, but Fluttershy also told him to take it easy or he'll reach a breaking point.

Luckily, he took her advice when classes began again, so he managed his time between work and studying more efficiently. Of course, like every couple, they sometimes have some arguments here and there between each other. But in the end, they always forgive each other and manage to work things out between them as their relationship only grew stronger out of it.

Getting everything she needed from the store, Fluttershy made her way to the cashier. “That’ll be $4.79 then Miss.” The cashier replied.

Fluttershy opened up her light-green purse and paid with a 5 dollar bill. “You can keep the change, sir.”

“Thank you, Miss. Have a nice day.” He thanked her for her kindness.

“You as well, sir.” Fluttershy waved him goodbye and left, heading back outside towards her apartment.

After Windows 10 got installed into the laptop that Israel fixed, he did one final check-up to make sure everything worked perfectly. And of course, his teacher came up and saw the handiwork he's put into the laptop.

"Well, I'll be. It's like it never got wet in the first place, very well done, Israel." He praised. "Keep up the good work and maybe I'll recommend some clients who'll pay top dollar to have you fix their computers."

"That's nice. But fixing a laptop that took water damage is only step 1 of this whole lesson. There are other problems I might face that'll require extra special care." Israel replied, keeping it modest and professional.

"Well said," the teacher said and turned his attention to everyone in the classroom. “Alright everyone that’s it for today. You're all free to go, so put the laptops away and I'll get to work on grading your assignments."

Doing what was asked, Israel puts the fixed laptop away and packed his stuff, ready to head out and start cooking dinner for his dear Fluttershy. He was planning to surprise her with a delicious vegetable terrine and after, a trip to the beach.

"Okie dokie, now... to get this little guy taken care of and my precious little angel," Israel said, rubbing his growling stomach. It was still hard to believe that over a year has passed. He missed his mom, but knew that he had to move forward in order to make her and his entire family proud. He didn't want to rely on his mom for the rest of his life.

He can recall the last time he and his family invited Fluttershy over for Thanksgiving. His uncles teased him for scoring an adorable young lady with his "natural charm." His grandparents and aunt, on the other hand, were very kind and sweet with Fluttershy and approved of her right off the bat.

During Christmas, their families all got together in the banquet hall of Sugar cafe. Pinkie and Cheese, with the permission from the Cakes allowed them to celebrate Christmas all together. It was a nice, cozy party, Israel’s uncles instantly liked Fluttershy’s parents as they shared stories about their loveable children. His aunt was talking with Zephyr about his future, that he should focus on one specific subject instead of giving up so quickly and changing careers choices all the time. Fluttershy’s grandparents and Israel’s grandparents told each other stories on how they met their lovers and what they all did during their younger years.

When the party came to an end the families gathered in front of the giant Christmas tree to make one big happy family picture..

Those fond memories still linger in his mind. And the big surprise he has for Fluttershy later on is gonna really make another wonderful memory, if she says ‘yes’. Putting his plans in motion for today, Israel left the classroom with his fellow students, determined to give his lover a wonderful dinner and headed home.

He moved at a quicker pace when his stomach growled again. He soon arrived back at his apartment in half the time. Grabbing his keys from his pocket, he unlocked the door and stepped inside. Israel headed inside the bedroom and set his stuff down before coming back into the kitchen.

"Did classes go alright?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah. All that work I put into fixing that laptop gave me quite an appetite. I hope you're hungry, Fluttershy." He replied and started to wash his hands.

“I always have room for your delicious cooking skills, Sweetie.” Fluttershy said and placed the Cauliflower on the counter.

"Perfect! Then sit back, relax and watch as I try out this new dish I've been practicing for weeks to make," Israel said, getting his ingredients ready and starting with the preparations right away.

“I’ll set the table for the two of us,” Fluttershy offered.

"Good idea. And once you're done, you can relax and grab a drink," he said.

After neatly setting the table, Fluttershy took a glass of water and watched some TV in the living room. She was currently watching ‘Wildlife Watch’ on National Geographic. Today, it was the life of the meerkat tribe in Africa. Fluttershy always found these little animals adorable, not as adorable as Angel but she remembered that she was allowed to pet one at the local zoo when she was younger. It was the first time that she found out that she could connect better with animals instead of people.

Fluttershy also watched these videos to learn more about other animals in the world. As a veterinarian, she wanted to take care of other animals beside the animal shelter. She hopes that one day, that she could open up a sanctuary for all animals, big and small where they could rest and play together in peace.

While watching TV, her nose caught the scent of piping hot vegetables. She likes the scent and looked at Israel to see what he was cooking up that smelled so delicious.

She turned back towards the TV and kept watching her favorite program while humming a beautiful tune to herself. Angel then hopped onto her knee as he impatiently tapped his hind leg with a grumpy look. “What is it, Angel?”

Opening his mouth, Angel pointed at it while rubbing his tummy with his other paw. “Oh, you’re hungry,“ Fluttershy immediately stood up and held Angel up in her hand. “Now, don’t you worry, momma hasn’t forgotten you. I’ll go prepare your salad for you and your lover right away, my cute little fluffy bunny.” She coed.

"Look who's talking, my cutesy sweetheart," Israel said, referring to his girlfriend. She giggled from her boyfriend's sweet comment.

“We’re not the only ones who are hungry, Sweetie. Angel needs his food too.” She softly scratched him behind the ears making Angel tapping his hind leg again in enjoyment.

"If Angel has a boy who can do that, we're naming him Thumper." Israel commented. Angel nodded rapidly, agreeing with him.

Soon after some time passed, "Okay, Flutters, the food is ready." He said. Both lovebirds went into the bathroom, washing their hands before heading back into the living room. Israel went into the kitchen, grabbing a couple of plates and served him and Fluttershy a plate full of his vegetable terrine.

When her eyes met with his dish, she gasped at how delicious it looked. “Sweetie, this looks so amazing. Thank you!”

“Anything to make sure my sweet little angel has a full stomach.” He winked at her and took a seat. “Shall we dig in?”

"Oh yes, very much," she said, smiling. She and Israel cut their dishes one piece at a time, taking one delicious bite after another. Fluttershy squirmed when the taste of Israel's vegetable terrine hit her taste buds. "It's so good, where'd you learn to cook this dish?"

"I had some help with my cooking teacher. She's had some experience with how to cook French cuisines. She told me about this 9 vegetable terrine and how to cook it. It took me 2 weeks to perfect the dish and it was well worth the effort," Israel explained.

“It certainly is,” Fluttershy agreed. “I haven’t had a vegetable terrine that tasted so heavenly before.”

Well enjoy it as much as you like, because after dinner, I've got a special surprise for you at the beach," Israel said.

“Now, you’re making me curious. I’ll try to hold it in until we get there,” she said.

"That's good," he replied. No other words were said and soon, they continued to eat their meals and enjoying each other's company. Fluttershy still wondered what Israel has in store for her and why it's so important. Whatever he has planned, she's confident it's gonna be one spectacular surprise.

When they finished eating and washed the dishes, the couple quickly checked on Angel and his lover. The 2 little rabbits had finished eating their salads that Fluttershy made earlier and were now resting on their big, comfy pillow together. Smiling, the couple quietly closed the door as they went outside to get to the beach. Starting the engine of their 1998 Chevy Camaro, Israel took the wheel as they drove onto the street with their destination: The beach.


It was 6 PM and Israel and Fluttershy finally arrived at the beach. Some of their University classmates were also out by the beach either relaxing or catching some waves. But because they didn't bring their swimming outfits, they weren't gonna get wet today. Still, the weather was nice enough for a short, friendly walk on the beach.

So, they exited the car and locked it so no one would try to steal it or even think about it. They made their way to the beach, walking hand in hand with a gentle breeze blowing through their hair.

Enjoying their quiet and peaceful moment together, the couple decide to take out their shoes so they could walk a little through the water since it’s now low tide. Fluttershy heard some seagulls flying by all yelling “mine, mine, mine” at each other. She giggled at the silly birds as Israel looked at her confused.

“What’s so funny, Flutters?”

"The seagulls are all shouting "mine!" at each other, it's so silly," she giggled.

"I see. I wish I could hear them talking, but that's your specialty. I bet they're arguing on who gets the last bit of seafood," Israel joked. Fluttershy laughed even harder as he was correct in his assumption.

“You know, Sweetie, I think we should do this more often. Going to a quiet and relaxing place like the beach to unwind a little bit from our work and our studies,” Fluttershy said. “Just the two of us.” She rested her head on his shoulder, sighing in relief.

"Yeah, you're right. As much as I like to work, a little time off never hurt anyone. Best part is that I got you by my side, Flutters. You cute little angel," he replied, rubbing her cheek. Fluttershy nuzzled into her boyfriend's hand, sighing adorably.

“I wonder how our friends are doing so far?” Fluttershy asked after walking a couple of minutes quietly. “Sometimes we see Twilight and Sunset at the university. But as for Rainbow Dash or Rarity? I haven’t heard from them in a while.”

"They're probably busy with their jobs. Rainbow has been so busy training some people at the gym while trying to be prepared for the Olympics. Rarity's had a lot of clients come into her shop lately and barely has enough time for Applejack. I'm sure they don't mean to be so busy, they just can't help that." he explained.

“I miss them,” Fluttershy said with a frown look. “We spent so much time together with all of our friends. I really miss those times with us all.”

"We can try to get in touch with them so we can hang out all together. Just like old times." He replied.

“That would be wonderful!”

"Great. But first, there's something I gotta say to you before we have our reunion," Israel said, piquing her curiosity.

“What is it then, Sweetie?” Fluttershy wondered.

"Fluttershy… we've been going out for over a year now and brought our friends and families together as well. I've never been more happier about being with the kindest, most adorable woman in all my life. You brought smiles to everyone and for that… I feel like now is the time to ask you…" he paused, kneeling down on one knee, pulling out a small box. He opened the box, showing a silver ring with a butterfly on it.

Fluttershy gasped as she knew what her boyfriend was going to ask her next. It made her eyes all teary.

"Fluttershy, will you marry me?" He asked.

Fluttershy stood still, her mouth trembled a little as tears started flowing down her adorable cheeks. She looked at her kneeling boyfriend with the beautiful ring in his hands. “Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! A thousand times YES!!! Of course I'll marry you!!!" She yelled while hugging her boyfriend tightly.

The other people on the beach witnessed the young couple and cheered for them with claps and whistles. Israel took the ring and placed it on his fiance's finger. Right afterwards, she pulled him in for a big kiss on the lips.

As both lovebirds stood back up, they held the kiss a little longer before separating. "Just wait until our friends hear about this. They'll be so happy to hear about our engagement."

“Yeah, Pinkie will be all over our faces in excitement and Rarity wants all the details on how I proposed to you. Applejack will probably give us a pat on the back saying ‘knew you 2 would marry one day’.” Israel said that last part with a southern accent, making Fluttershy laugh a little.


The next weekend the entire gang was together again and they were all enjoying some snacks at the Sugar Cafe. Israel and Fluttershy just told them all about the proposal and their engagement.

As they predicted, they got the exact reaction from 3 certain girls. "EEEEEEH!!!!! OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"My goodness! That's so romantic! Tell me, where and how did you propose to her? I'm simply dying to know!" Rarity said, excited.

“I knew you 2 would marry someday,” Applejack said while tapping Fluttershy and Israel gently on the back. "Congratulations, both of you.”

"Looks like you were right all along about their reactions, sweetie," Fluttershy giggled.

"I still can't believe you two are engaged. That's totally awesome!" Rainbow added.

“It’s also a big step in your lives” Sunset said.

"Are you sure you're ready for this? Marriage is a very large commitment.” Twilight asked.

“Oh, believe me Twilight. I thought about it, a lot of times actually,” Israel explained. “I wouldn’t have asked my angel to marry me if we both didn’t feel ready for it. I listened to my heart and it told me we were ready for the next, huge step in our relationship and I don’t regret it one bit.” He kissed Fluttershy on the head after that.

“Well, I think I speak for all of us here, if you 2 need some help in planning your wedding we’d be more than happy to lend you a hand,” Soarin offred. “Right fellas?”

“I'd love to design your lovely wedding dress, darling and of course for you a nice fitting tuxedo, Israel.” Rarity said.

“Me, Cheese and Applejack would be more than happy to make sure you’ll have a great catering and entertainment on your wedding party..” Pinkie chimed in.

“Soarin and I can take care of the music,” Rainbow added.

“And Twilight and I can organize everything for your big day, if you’ll have us of course.” Sunset suggested.

"Good idea. And Fluttershy and I will hand out invitations to all our friends and family. I've already decided when the wedding will take place and where it'll be held," Israel said.

"Do tell," Cheese said.

"I've decided… it'll be on Christmas day at the Canterlot Grand Church." Israel said.

"Whoa! You sure do plan big," Soarin said. "Have you decided on who should be your best man for the wedding?"

"Not yet. You guys have been my buddies for years, so it's kinda hard for me to pick just one of you," Israel replied.

"Oh! Israel, would it be alright if Spike was to be the ring bearer?" Twilight asked

"Sure, but… who's Spike?" Israel asked.

"He's my pet dog. I want him to be a part of the wedding and see him walk down the aisle in his cute little suit while carrying the rings.

"Well, I do love dogs, so I suppose there's no harm in letting him join the party," Israel said.

"I guess the only thing left is to figure out who will be Fluttershy's bridesmaids," Sunset said.

"You can all be my bridesmaids. There's no harm in that," Fluttershy offered her friends.

“Thank you so much, darling, that’s really generous of you.” Rarity replied happily.

“As long as you don’t let me wear any frilly, girly stuff at the wedding I’m all up for it.” Rainbow Dash added.

“How about you guys?” Israel looked at his two best friends. “Do you wanna be my best men at my wedding?”

“Like you even have to ask, dude.” Soarin replied before bowing. “It would be an honor.”

"Hold on, what about the flower girls? Who's gonna fill in that role?" Fluttershy asked.

Applejack scratched her chin a bit. “Ah’m sure ma little sis and her friends wouldn't mind being the flower girls for yer wedding, Sugarcube.”

"Oh, that's a wonderful idea. They'll look so cute in their dresses," Fluttershy said.

"And I'm sure I can count on you two to make our wedding cake, right?" Israel asked Pinkie and Cheese.

"Yup-a-roonie," Pinkie said.

"Then it's settled. I can't wait to see you all at our wedding. You guys are the best pals I could ever ask for," Israel said.

"How can we ever thank you," Fluttershy said.

"How about… a group hug?" Pinkie suggested with open arms. “Hugs are always gooood!!!” Right off the bat, everyone joined in and hugged each other. Everyone was excited about their two friends getting engaged and couldn't wait for the day when they would finally watch them unite in holy matrimony.

"I can't wait to attend the bachelor party, too," Soarin said.

“That also gave me an idea, girls, Soarin could you please join me real quick in the back of the cafe?” Cheese asked them. “There’s something we should discuss for the future husband and wife here.” He winked at Israel and Fluttershy before the group joined Cheese, away from the couple where they couldn’t hear them.

Fluttershy held Israel’s hand while looking at each other, a little confused . “What do you think they’re talking about?” She wondered.

“I honestly don’t know, Flutters.” Israel replied. “Maybe they’re just planning something special for us.” The group of friends already came back to them with all big smiles on their faces.

"Ooh," Pinkie said. "Boys can be so secretive, am I right?"

"It's not all that different from you girls being so secretive," Israel chuckled.

"True. But anyways, congratulations on your engagement, you two," Twilight said.

"Thanks, Twilight," Israel replied. He gave his fiance one more hug, then a kiss on the cheek, making her giggle. Today was a great day, but it was only getting a whole lot better from there.