• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 1,829 Views, 67 Comments

A Kind and Prosperous Couple - Israel Yabuki



This is a story dedicated to the one girl/mare who stole my heart. And to Lauren Faust, thank you for creating such a beautiful character.

  • ...
6
 67
 1,829

Hidden Secrets

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay. I've just been a little bummed out lately, but I finally sucked it up and got this chapter up and running, so I hope you all enjoy what I have to offer. Anyways, thanks for your patience and support, remember to stay tuned and keep on bronying on.

Some time later after lunch was over, everyone left to go to their next classes. Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich had cooking class to go to next. Twilight had to go to physics class while Sunset went to drama class. Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Soarin left for video production class. Fluttershy, Rarity and Israel's next class was art class, a specialty that Israel enjoys the most out of almost everyone.

"Israel, if you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on making when you get to art class?" Fluttershy asks, in which Israel strokes his chin.

"I'm not sure. I'll see what we get there," he responds. "What about you?" Fluttershy's response was the same as Israel's, so until they arrive, none of them knew what to make. They make it to class in a short time and take their seats, waiting for their teacher to come in and the rest of the class. As soon as everyone is present and accounted for, the teacher greets himself to everyone. He looked to be in his late 40s or early 50s, had this wacky black hair and grey skin with bushy, white eyebrows over his red eyes. The area around his red eyes were yellow and he wore a yellow and brown shirt and had on some red pants.

"Hello to all you fellow students! Welcome to art class. My name is Discord, I will be your new art teacher from here up until near December. Any questions?" he asks.

Fluttershy naturally raises her hand. "Mr. Discord, what's our first assignment going to be?" Discord immediately chuckles, leaving the angelic animal lover confused.

"Please, my dear. No need for the "mister." You and everyone else can just call me Discord," he said.

Clearing his throat, Discord then says, "To answer your question, my dear. You and everyone else in the class are to go to pick a painting easel and paint a picture. It can be anything at all, so get creative as you can as long as it's appropriate for me to display. And when December rolls around, you can either take your art home with you in a portfolio, or you can just leave them with me. Now then, everyone please get to your easels and show me how creative your minds are!"

Fluttershy almost stumbles to the ground with everyone pushing and shoving to get to their easels, but then, Israel steps in and shoves everyone away from her. "Come on, guys, show a little class and apologize to Fluttershy for pushing her around right now," he says with his arms crossed.

The class mostly muttered their apologies, then got to work on their paintings like they don't care. Israel rolls his eyes and turns to Fluttershy. "Y-You didn't have to do that." she says while Israel dusts off her dress, cleaning her up a little bit. "But I do appreciate your help."

"What are friends for," he replies. Fluttershy smiles and squees at him, causing him to blush a bit. "Hehe, do you always make that adorable sound?"

"O-Only when I'm happy," she confirms. Israel chuckles and gives Fluttershy a tiny boop on the nose. She blinks in surprise and giggles before heading to her easel. Discord watched the whole thing, chuckling to himself at how well the two young teens were getting along. Soon, everyone was now working on their paintings, some were rushing to get theirs done so they could have some freetime to kill, while others were taking the time to create their pictures and making sure they were done just right.

5 minutes in and Discord's curiosity hits him like a ton of bricks. He wanders around the classroom, checking out what kind of pictures they're painting. His first candidate was Fluttershy. She had already painted the head and face of a bunny rabbit with its eyes closed and a smile on its face.

"Ooh, lovely piece of art. Keep up the good work," Discord says, startling Fluttershy. "Oopsies, my apologies, I thought you knew I was here."

"It's okay. I, umm... thank you. That's my pet. His name's Angel Bunny. He makes me happy because he likes to cuddle when he's asleep. He's so cute!" Fluttershy cups her cheek, flashing a cute smile.

"I'm sure he is. Keep up the good work," Discord walks away and sighs to himself. "That young lady could probably sell her art and make millions... if that was her choice." he said quietly to himself. "Now then, let's see what the other students are currently making. Moving around the classroom once more, Discord checked painting after painting after painting. Some were pictures of memes as some students put it, others were either making video game characters or cartoon characters, but most of them were either elementary school leveled or even middle school leveled.

Soon, Discord walks up to Israel Yabuki. He hesitates to see what he's making for some strange reason, but then shrugs off whatever was bothering him and approaches the young man. Discord blinks in surprise at the picture he was painting.

In the 20 minutes that have passed, Israel Yabuki was painting a portait of a smiling Fluttershy. The detail he put into her was astounding. "Well, well, well. Seems like you're growing attached to that young lady. Care to share why, young man?" Discord asks.

"Hmm?" Israel asks, not turning his attention away from his painting. "Well, I can't exactly explain why or how, but there's just something about her that makes me smile."

"Is she your girlfriend, by any chance?"

"N-No, we're only good friends."

"Aww, come on. Surely you two get along so well, don't you?"

"We just barely became friends today."

"Oh, I see. Best to be on the safe side and be friends with her huh?" Discord asks. Israel nods. "Well then, I'll leave you to your painting and best of wishes to you and your dear friend." After their little chat, Discord leaves his student alone and walks over to his desk. With a sigh, he stares up at the ceiling. 'That boy has grown so much and just look at where he is right now. What could make me more prouder...' Discord thought to himself as if there was something deep he shared with Israel he didn't want to talk about.

Fluttershy, on the other hand, was nearly finished with her masterpiece. She finished painting her sleeping bunny, now she's beginning to pain his comfy little bed. Fluttershy couldn't stop smiling and squeed with joy, which then makes her friend, Israel jump.

The boy turns to Fluttershy and sees her adorable expression. He smiles and then adds something to his painting to make it more perfect. It doesn't take long for Fluttershy to become curious of what Israel was painting, but couldn't really see what he was painting. What she does know is that whatever he's painting makes him really happy and she felt happy for him.

Soon... "Alright class, time's up. Sign your name on your pictures so I'll know who's painting belongs to who and then go ahead and form a single-file line," Discord says.

Everyone follows their art teacher's instructions, then line up at the door, getting ready to leave. Fluttershy looks back to see Yabuki is behind her by 3 people. It's gonna be hard talking to him like this, so she waited patiently for the bell to ring so that she can ask him about something.

Right on cue, the bell soon rings. "Alrighty class, take care, I'll see you all tomorrow!" Discord says. Mostly everyone waves goodbye and walks out of the classroom.

Now was her chance to act. "Israel, can we talk for a second?" Fluttershy asks.

"Sure, what's up?" he asks.

The two start chatting as they're walking towards their lockers. "I was wondering, what kind of picture were you painting earlier, I'm very curious. O-Of course, y-y-you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"Well... I think it'd be better if I showed you. When the time is right, that is," he said.

"Oh, okay then. What's your next class?" Israel checks his daily schedule to find out.

"It says here, my next class one is drama class," he says.

"Oh, that's nice. Did you choose to be in that class because you want to be on stage?" she asks. Israel nods before closing his locker. "I hope things go well for you in drama class. I'll see you later, I've got cooking class to go to, wish me luck."

"Good luck, Fluttershy. OOH, wait! Before I forget..." he says, making her stop. "Do you think maybe tomorrow we can take a walk around campus at lunch and maybe have a nice, friendly chat?"

"Of course. See you then." After saying their goodbyes, both of them head off to their respective classes. Still, they couldn't shake the feeling that something was growing inside of them. Yabuki was really taking a liking to his new friend and vice versa, yet they were unsure of whether or not it was just as friends. Either way, they still enjoyed each other's company and wanted to enjoy it even more.


By the end of the day, everyone was finally heading home. Fluttershy and Israel weren't on the same bus together, but at least they'll see each other tomorrow.

After Fluttershy arrived at home, her parents welcomed her back. "How was school, sweetie?" Mrs. Shy asks, in which Fluttershy gave her a bright smile. Mrs. Shy definitely knew that today's first day of school was more than just a good day.

"It was great. I made a new friend," Fluttershy replies.

"Oh, that's great, pumpkin. What's your friend like?" Mr. Shy asks.

"Yes, do tell, sis," Zephyr adds.

"Well, he's really sweet and kind. His name is Israel Yabuki. I never saw him in school up until now because he spent most of his time hiding in the crowd. He's a little shy around new people, but he does have two other friends he made before me. He's also an artist and he likes being on stage," Fluttershy explains.

Both of Fluttershy's parents gave each other uneasy looks. "Umm, Fluttershy, dear... we're very happy for you, but... are you sure he's..."

"Are you sure that friend of yours isn't just using you to get to your other friends?" Zephyr asks, quirking an eyebrow at his older sister.

"What? No! Israel's not that kind of guy!" Fluttershy says, slightly igitated.

"You sure that's what he wants you to think, sis? Think carefully on this," Zephyr persists. Fluttershy became more annoyed by the second. Her parents weren't making it easier on her either and thought it would be best if she only hung out with the girls instead. Fluttershy continues to argue with her family for who knows how long, telling her parents over and over to stop assuming the worst.

Fluttershy loves her family no matter what, but it's arguements like these that push her buttons and almost makes her want to burst into tears. Sure, she's made a few friends over the years, but all of them were mostly girls, but Israel was someone they didn't feel easy about.

It made her sad. It makes her feel like they're controlling who her friends should be. To her, that's like keeping a child from growing up into an adult. Anyways, once the argument was over, she ran up to her bedroom, crying into her pillow while her precious pet bunny watched her with concern. Angel Bunny usually thinks only about getting attention and being petter or getting his next meal. It's only on rare occasions that he truly starts to worry for his caring owner and this happened to be one of those times.


Meanwhile, at Israel's house, the bus had arrived and dropped off the young man. He stepped off the bus and waved to the driver before heading inside his house. He unlocked the door and went inside, then closed the door behind him and locked it before taking a sigh of relief.

The house was still empty, which meant his mom was still at work. He threw his stuff onto the couch and went over to the kitchen where his mom left a note on the refrigerator. On the note it read... "Be sure to vaccum the living room, clean your room and do your homework. I'm heading out with some friends after work, so I left $20 on the table for you so you can order a pizza. Love you. Signed mom."

"Looks like it's gonna be a while before I tell her about my eventful first day back at school. I'd better get started on fixing up my bedroom before she hounds at me again," he says to himself.

First, he walks over to the dining table and takes the $20 bill with him before heading into the direction of his bedroom, only for his smile to disappear when he came upon a door in the hallway that had a sign saying "keep out," which is one rule he's not going to break. Just looking at the closed door sent shivers down his spine and brings up the terrible event from four years ago. An event he'd like to forget.