• Published 28th Feb 2019
  • 1,918 Views, 9 Comments

The Equestria Girls meet the Disney Princesses - Brian Sheil



Seven modern day girls meet 15 fairy tale maidens

  • ...
5
 9
 1,918

Chapter 7

Author's Note:

The clothing the Mane 7 wear in this chapter reminds Rarity of one of her most embarrising moments.

The seven friends were walking along the bayou still wearing their wetsuits.

“These wetsuits are a bit tight outside of the water.” Twilight Sparkle figured.

“I agree.” Rarity replied. “I think it’s at this time we might get a wardrobe change.”

Just then, a strange fog comes into the bayou, and covers the girls. When the fog lifted, they saw that their clothes changed again. Twilight had on a long sleeve white shirt and black pants with suspenders. Applejack has on a red flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and blue overalls with the cuffs rolled up.

Fluttershy has on a short sleeve long green dress with yellow flowers. Pinkie Pie wore a long sleeve yellow shirt, brown vest, and long red skirt that goes just below the knees. Rainbow Dash has on a short sleeve magenta T shirt and white pants.

Rarity has on a pink long sleeve shirt and light blue bib overalls, and Sunset wore a lime green short sleeve T shirt and blue bib overalls with the cuffs rolled up. They all realized they were not wearing shoes.

“We’re all barefoot?” Rarity yelped. “Somehow, I’m comfortable with this.”

“And, I thought you wouldn’t wear anything like this again.” Sunset chuckled.

“I know. I still remember that day I saw Trenderhoof.”

“How cool is this?” Rainbow Dash cheered. “Rarity, Sunset, and Applejack sporting true farm fashion, Pinkie and Fluttershy wearing flowing dresses, and you and I wearing regular pants. Pretty cool. Huh, Twilight?”

“I have one attachment you don’t have, Dashie.” Twilight responded. “I have suspenders.”

“Oops. I forgot.”

Pinkie loves her outfit. “I think this country girl look is cute. What do you think, Fluttershy?”

“I think you’re right.” Fluttershy agreed. “This dress looks beautiful.”

Then, they heard the voice of an old lady calling to them. “Welcome to the bayou, girls.”

Out of the fog comes a strange looking old woman with a southern accent. “Howdy, my friends.” She straightens her headdress and white dress. “Nice of y’all to drop in.”

“Hi.” Pinkie replied. “And, who might you be?”

“Madame Odie is my name. Knowledge of voodoo is my game.”

“Of course.” Twilight realized. “Voodoo is often practiced in places like New Orleans, Louisiana.”

“Well then.” Rarity greeted. “Pleasure to meet you, Madame Odie.”

“Pleasure is all mine, child.” Odie replied.

Rainbow Dash felt something is wrong. “Are you our guide in this place?”

“I am a guide here in the bayou. But, I’m not YOUR guide, friends.”

Sunset was shocked to hear that. “Then, who IS our guide?”

Then, a deep southern female voice answered the question. “I am.”

Another figure come out from the fog. It’s a beautiful southern woman wearing a green dress that looks like a frog’s lily pad. Applejack recognizes the southern maiden. “Well, I’ll be. It’s Tiana!”

“Tiana?” Fluttershy blurted. “From ‘The Princess and the Frog’?”

“That’s right, Flutters.”

Tiana walks up to meet the Rainbooms. “Hello, my friends. And, welcome to the bayou.”

“I guess that’s where these outfits come in.” Twilight Sparkle states.

“That’s right, Twilight Sparkle. I know this is not what you girls are expecting. But, I figured you might look cute.”

“I like my outfit.” Pinkie Pie chirped. “I look elegant and fun.”

Tiana giggled as she approaches the party girl. “I’m glad you like it, Pinkie Pie.”

Rarity looks at her own outfit and got a bit nervous.

“What’s wrong, Rarity?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I don’t mind dressing like a farm girl.” Rarity answered. “But, this kind of reminds me of that... um....”

“Embarrassing day when you meet that young man: Trenderhoof.” Tiana finished. “Still upset about that, Rarity?”

“Well, yes. A little.”

Tiana calmed her down. “You don’t have to worry, Rarity. At least you lived and learned. Besides, you look nice in bib overalls. Your friends, Applejack and Sunset Shimmer, look good too.”

“Thanks, Tiana.” Sunset praised.

“Ladies, come with me.”

The Rainbooms follow Tiana and Madam Odie down the bayou until they see something unbelievable. It was a riverboat. And, it looks like it’s ready to set sail.

“Wow!” Twilight shouted. “Talk about a piece of history.”

“Looks like someone is geeking out.” Dash snickered.

Tiana tapped on her shoulder. “Don’t knock it, Rainbow Dash. Many people love to see a sight like this.”

“All aboard!” Madam Odie called.

Tiana and the girls boarded the riverboat. Then, like magic, the boat started moving. Everyone was astounded by the movement.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy uttered. “This paddle wheel is strong.”

“Paddle wheels have to be strong, Fluttershy.” Tiana explained. “Especially when taking people down the river.”

Applejack looks at the scenery. “The bayou sure is pretty.”

“Definitely.” Twilight agreed. “This land is very beautiful.”

Tiana came up to the girls. “I’m glad you and Applejack appreciate this land, Twilight Sparkle. Many critters call this land home. Especially frogs.”

“Y’all know that from experience. Right, Tiana?” Applejack wondered.

“You are so right, Applejack.”

Fluttershy got nervous. “I sure hope there’s no sign of the Shadow Man coming back.”

“Shadow Man?” Pinkie asked.

“Yeah. You know, Pinks.” Rainbow Dash replied. “Dr. Facilier.”

“Facilier?” Rarity yelped. “That creep creeps me out!”

Sunset agrees with her. “Good point, Rarity. Dr. Facilier is always ready with his knowledge of voodoo.”

“I wouldn’t worry about Dr. Facilier, Sunset.” Twilight confirmed. “He’s still trapped with those creepy shadows. Or, as he calls them, his 'friends' on the other side.”

“Whew. That’s a relief.”

“Twilight is right, Sunset Shimmer.” Tiana said with happiness. “The Shadow Man tried to deliver. But, when he failed, the shadows made him pay for that, in more ways than one.”

Later, the boat reached a dock as Madam Odie calls out. “Everybody off!”

The girls walked off the boat. Everybody loved the little trip down the bayou.

“Very pleasurable trip.” Rarity cheered. “I feel very refreshed.”

“I think we all are, Rarity.” Twilight added.

“I wish one of us had a harmonica.” Rainbow Dash figured. “It would’ve made this voyage perfect.”

Everybody chuckled as Tiana approached the rainbow haired girl. “I would agree with that, Rainbow Dash. That is a good thought.”

Rainbow Dash blushed. “Thanks, Tiana.”

Tiana pointed to a section of the woods. “Go through those woods, and you’ll see who you’re going to meet next.”

Applejack gave a gentle hug to Tiana. “Thank you for the good time, Tiana.”

“You’re welcome, Applejack.” Tiana replied.

The Rainbooms started to travel as Sunset turns to Tiana. “Say ‘hello’ to Prince Naveen for us.”

“I will. Bye, Rainbooms.”

The girls waved goodbye to Tiana and Madam Odie as their adventure continues.