• Published 28th Feb 2019
  • 1,917 Views, 9 Comments

The Equestria Girls meet the Disney Princesses - Brian Sheil



Seven modern day girls meet 15 fairy tale maidens

  • ...
5
 9
 1,917

Chapter 3

Author's Note:

Sunset Shimmer starts to feel a bit scared. But, she is comforted. And, not by one of the other Rainbooms.

The seven friends went through the door. They find themselves in a cozy room. One wall is like a giant shelf with lots of books. Along with chairs, a sofa, and a table.

Their outfits stay the same. Except for Pinkie Pie. Her outfit looks like what Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy were wearing. Except Pinkie’s vest, shoes, and skirt are bright red.

“This looks great.” Pinkie happily said. “The court jester outfit was fun. But, this looks nice.”

Twilight Sparkle looks at the shelves. “Look at all of these books! I could lose myself for months.”

“True.” Rarity replied. “I think I know who we’ll meet in here.”

“Who may that be, Rarity?” Sunset wondered.

“The ‘beauty’ of ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Belle.”

Everybody’s eyes widened hearing Rarity’s thought.

“Belle?” Fluttershy gasped. “Oh my. Are you sure?”

“Rarity maybe right.” Rainbow Dash protested. “Belle is kind of a bookworm. And, the beast appreciates that.”

Suddenly, they spotted someone coming. A gentle woman with long brown hair, and wearing a blue and white outfit. The girls noticed that it WAS Belle.

“Hoo-wee!” Applejack yelped. “Belle’s village outfit looks pretty good.”

Then, Belle turns to the farmer girl. “That’s so nice of you to say that, Applejack.”

Applejack blushed. “Aw. Thank you kindly.”

The girls were happy to meet Belle. She then went to speak to Rarity. “Beauty of ‘Beauty and the Beast’. That’s a pretty good phrase, Rarity.”

“Thank you, darling.” Rarity responded.

“Belle,” Twilight Sparkle said, “it’s an honor to meet someone who likes books as much as I do.”

“Thank you, Twilight Sparkle.” Belle replied. “I’m happy you like to read as much as I do.”

“I read sometimes too.” Dash interrupted.

“So I heard, Rainbow Dash. Your books of choice feature the adventures of Daring Do.”

Shocked, Rainbow Dash blushed.

“There are many styles of books to read.” Belle informed. “Mysteries, dramas, biographies, thrillers, comedies, all depends on one’s interests.”

“I’m pretty good on comedy.” Pinkie Pie said. “Believe it or not, I read a few comical stories.”

Belle approached the party girl. “That’s good to know, Pinkie. Speaking of comedy, I’m glad you’re not wearing that court jester outfit now.”

Pinkie Pie got surprised to hear that. “You don’t like jesters?”

“Don’t be upset, Pinkie Pie. Court jesters are fun. But, there are some that are a bit scary. I hear that some kids get scared at the sight of circus clowns.”

“I think Belle is right.” Fluttershy indicated. “Some of those clowns can be freaky.”

Sunset Shimmer then had a thought. “Speaking of freaky characters, I wonder if you had any more trouble from that muscle bound bully. Gaston.”

“Gaston.” Belle uttered grimly. “I wish I can forget him.”

“Sounds like he has a big ego.” Rainbow wondered.

“That’s putting it mildly, Rainbow Dash. This man likes looking at himself in the mirror. He thinks he’s every lady’s dream come true.”

“Dream?” Rarity scoffed. “Sounds more like a nightmare to me.”

“That’s the difference between him and the beast.” Twilight stated. “At least the beast can open up to Belle.”

Sunset Shimmer started to feel uneasy. “The way Gaston likes to flex his muscle towards people, he reminds me too much of.... me.”

Sunset sits down on the couch, starting to feel sorrow. Belle walked up to Sunset to help her relax.

“Don’t feel sad, Sunset Shimmer.” Belle said. “Sure, you did start as a brute. But, in time, you learned what friendship is all about. And, you became friends with these girls.”

Sunset looked up at Belle, and started to feel better as Belle gives her a sweet hug.

“Thanks, Belle.” Sunset calmly praised. “You’re right. I did very good. Thanks to a friend from the land of Equestria.”

“Twilight Sparkle’s pony counterpart. Right?” Belle inquired.

“You know about magical ponies too?”

“I heard many stories about the mystical land of Equestria. Including that land’s princesses. Celestia, Luna, Cadence, AND Twilight Sparkle.”

Everybody was very surprised that Belle knows about Equestria.

“I guess Sunset’s old home does sound like a fantasy story.” Twilight informed. “Kind of like the castle of the beast.”

“You might be right, Twilight.” Belle replied. “When I first went into the castle, I was shocked. The beast let my father, who was his prisoner, go in exchange for me staying in the castle.”

“Was is scary living with the beast?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“It was at first. But, I didn’t let fear stop me from seeing the good in him. He started to fall in love.”

“What about those mystic objects?” Applejack inquired. “Luminaire, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, and Chip.”

Belle went over to the farmer. “When I first met those objects, Applejack, they figured that I was the one to help break the curse off the beast.”

“I heard there was one object that didn’t want that to happen.” Dash indicated.

“Oh yes. Forte the pipe organ. That individual tried to strike sour notes during the holidays.”

“Did the beast deal with Forte?”

“He did. Forte was torn to pieces. That was a shame. I wish I saw the good in Forte. There was none.”

“I guess when it comes to the holidays,” Rarity figured, “Forte acted like the literary character, Ebenezer Scrooge.”

Everybody didn’t know what Rarity was talking about. Belle has an idea about Rarity’s comment. “I get it. Bah, Humbug! Right?”

“Correct, darling.”

Belle and the Rainbooms shared a laugh. Then, Belle went to her bookcase and pulled one of the books. Suddenly, a section swings out, revealing a staircase.

“Wow!” Pinkie yelped. “What’s this?”

“This passage leads to where you’re going next.” Belle answered. “I think you’ll like where you’re going to.”

“What about you, Belle?” Fluttershy asked.

“Once you’re in this passage, I’ll close it up and head back to the castle. With the curse broken, me and my friends have a much better life. Farewell.”

The Rainbooms each waved goodbye to Belle as they walked up the staircase. When the last girl entered, the door closed behind her.

“This has been one crazy trip we’re taking.” Sunset Shimmer said. “After meeting Cinderella, Merida, and Belle, who are we going to meet next?”

“Well,” Twilight was answering, “we’ll find out soon enough.”