• Published 9th Oct 2012
  • 1,955 Views, 61 Comments

Deus Exquestria - Lmeddy247



Deus Ex and Ponies thrown into the fictional blender and this is the unfortunate result... Enjoy!

  • ...
9
 61
 1,955

Chapter 3

This chapter is due for a re-write.

Deus Exquestria: 3

Chapter 3

Apartment 404 – Boston – United States of America

*Beep beep*

*Beep beep*

*Beep be- click*

Wade groaned. Sleeping in the chair didn't do his back any good, as shown when it popped as soon as he stood up. He looked over in the direction of the sofa bed. Neither of the girls was in it.

'So they're up? Great...' Wade thought.

"Is that Wade fella up yet?" came a voice, southern accent.

"I think so; I'll go have a look." said Twilight.

'The other voice must be Applejack.'

"Great detective skills there brain. Well done." Wade muttered.

'Don't mention it.'

"You're up then?" Twilight said smiling. She was wearing a white t-shirt and trousers that were too long in the leg.

"I assume you've filled Applejack in on the situation then?" Twilight nodded.

"It was a lot to take in but I think she understands. We have breakfast ready. Luckily the kitchen here is a lot like the one in my library back in Equestria."

"Err… Thanks I guess." Wade said walking into the kitchen. On the worktop was apple pie. Wade sat down and started to eat.

"Mah speciality." Applejack said, tipping her hat. Wade almost chocked when he realised that Applejack was only wearing an apron.

"Clo- *cough* clothes?" he spluttered.

"Twi, what's he babbling about garments for?"

"In this world clothes are worn as a necessity, instead of just formal events." Twilight explained.

"I thought you already told her this?" Wade said after getting over his coughing fit. Twilight shrugged apologetically.

"I forgot?"

'Yeah right.'

New Eden Mall - Boston - United States of America

New Eden Mall, one of the newest in a long line of developments as part of the mayor's campaign to 'bring in the new to Boston'. Since the place was part of 'the new' and it was a weekend, it meant a lot of people were doing their shopping. Amongst the crowds was Wade, trying to guide a rather worried Twilight and Applejack. Thankfully they were both competent with walking, with only the occasional trip from Twilight.

"Why w'all ere' sugarcube?" Applejack asked, now dressed in a blue vest top and jeans.

"I'm getting an arm and getting you two some clothing that fits, maybe some other things too."

"You still never explained what an augmented arm is." Twilight said over the dull roar of the crowds of people, all having separate conversations.

"A what?" Applejack asked.

"Ah ha! Found it, finally. Come on!" Wade said, seeming not to have heard. They entered the L.I.M.B clinic

The clinic was (as expected) a clinically clean place with bleached white walls and furniture, the only thing not white was the grey desk with a receptionist sat behind it in black.

"I'll explain once we've sat down."

"Welcome sir." said the receptionist. "Do you have an appointment?"

"Yes. Should be under the name 'Adams'." Wade said. The receptionist checked the data slate on her desk for appointments under 'Adams'.

"Would that be 'Douglas' or 'Wade Adams'."

"Wade." the receptionist tapped the slate again.

"Ah yes, Wade Adams. Arm augmentation. Scheduled in for 10:30?"

"That'd be it."

"Please take a seat and wait for the doctor to come and collect you for the bio-weld." Wade and the girls sat down on one of the few white couches.

"Now augmentation," Wade began, "or 'cybernetic enhancements' are where an individual, such as myself is able to... improve the abilities of a limb or organ beyond what the original was ever capable of."

"Ah don't get it." Applejack said. Wade thought for a second before delivering his response.

"Okay... Imagine you have someone who's blind or deaf. A blind person would be able to replace their eyes with artificial ones so they could see again. Similar thing if it was a deaf person, slap on some new ears and bob's your uncle they can hear... Do you get it now?" Applejack nodded. An old looking man in a white lab coat came into the room through the door behind the reception desk.

"Wade Adams?" He called. Despite being the only person in the room apart from the girls and the receptionist Wade called anyway.

"Here."

"If you like to follow me to theatre so we can begin the procedure." the doctor said. "Have you had any augments before?"

"Yes. This is just to replace my previous arm."

"Terrific. No need to use the anaesthetic or any of the messy flesh cutting. Follow me if you please?"

"How long will he be?" Twilight asked.

"Half an hour perhaps." the doctor said. "You can watch the procedure on one of the monitors outside of theatre if you'd like?"

"This don't sound like a good id-" Applejack whispered to Twilight.

"Yes please." Twilight said, grinning.

"Twi, back at the farm you wanted to see one the pigs give birth fer some study. Ya needed a bucket by the end of it so ya could vomit in it. This ere'? Ah think ah'd need a bucket." Applejack said.

"This is different," Twilight reasoned, "this could be a unique learning experience. Think of how this could benefit Equestria." she was giddy with excitement.

"No 'fence, but I'd rather stick to mah hooves to get me out of a jam than a cyberwhojamawhatzit."

Joe's Doughnuts - Boston - United States of America

Suit 47 observed the target he'd been tailing all morning entering the L.I.M.B clinic from the doughnut vendor opposite. He had two females with him. 47 noted it down with a pen and paper. He preferred it this way, with most data slates able to use Wi-Fi and other connection methods, traditional pen and paper was one of the best ways to keep information from being stolen.

'Rather ironic really' 47 thought as he jotted down a description of the targets facial features.
Hair: Collar length, brown.
Eyes: Cybernetic implants, often hidden behind a pair of shades.
Other facial features: Freckles and thin lips.
In addition to this he did a rough sketch of the targets face.

"Would that be 'Douglas' or 'Wade Adams'?" said a voice picked up through 47's hyper-sensitive augmented ears.

"Wade." said the target. 47 wrote down:
Targets name: Wade Adams, British accent.

"Excuse me." said the owner of the vendor, Joe. "Are you here to buy a doughnut? If not may you leave? I have customers who'd like to use those seats." 47 torn out a page of the notebook scribbled on it and presented it to Joe.

'One jam doughnut if it means I can loiter here for the next hour.'

"One jam coming up." he said after reading the note. "Say, if you don't mind me asking. Are you a mute?" 47 took the piece of paper back and scribbled his response.

'No. I just prefer to communicate this way. No more questions.'

"Okay then... That'll be forty-nine cents." 47 took the paper back and scribbled a reply.

'Do you have sufficient change for a ten dollar note?'

L.I.M.B Clinic - Boston - United States of America

"The operation seems to be successful. All that's left is some diagnostic checks and you'll be free to leave. Now, if you could just move the arm please?" the doctor asked. Wade responded by moving the bone white, carbon plated limb round in a big circle. "You seem to be getting a small twinge at the central shoulder gyroscope at the 44 degree angle." he muttered, observing the data slate. Wade had very little clue as to what that meant. "I'll fix that now so it doesn't cause any more problems later. With all the nerve endings hooked up properly this may feel a little uncomfortable for a moment or two." The doctor popped open the plate protecting the shoulder gyros and tweaked with the problematic gyroscope. Wade responded with a yelp and jerking the mechanical elbow out. "Well at least we know the elbow works. Try again please." Wade moved the arm again. "Excellent, now please flex some fingers so we know the hand is fully functional." Wade made a fist, crossed his fingers and finally, a Vulcan salute. "Very good." the doctor said, chuckling at the last hand gesture. "Very good indeed, I think you're free to go Mr Adams. Do come back if you're experiencing any problems."

"Will do, thank you doctor." Wade said, slipping on his shirt, being careful not catch it on his cyberarm. He pulled his jacket on over the top and walked back into the reception area.

"You're back." Twilight said smiling. Applejack's face looked a pale shade of green. "That was very interesting to watch, especially when they were connecting the wires to-"

"Oh sweet Celestia! Not that!" Applejack cried as she ran to the nearest bin to be reunited with her breakfast. Wade and Twilight giggled at her expense.

"I believe clothes are the next thing on the agenda." Wade announced as they made their way out, after Applejack had stopped being sick.

Joe’s Doughnuts - Boston - United States of America

'I can't take him out now, too many witnesses.' 47 thought as he saw Wade leave the clinic. In the half hour Wade was in there 47 had eaten one frosted doughnut, two yum yums and several jam doughnuts, one of which he saved for later when he went to leave.

"Pleasure doing business with you." Joe said as 47 left his table.

'Thank you for the savoury goods.' was the written reply. 47 contemplated eliminating the target when he was inside the next outlet, but in doing so he'd also have to take out the two ever present girls too.

'Consider it collateral damage.' 47 reasoned as he approached the target.

1337 Fashion - Boston - United States of America

"Find something you like," Wade said to Twilight and Applejack, "then we'll meet back here so I can pay for it."

"You got it mister." Applejack said as her and Twilight walked deeper into the store. Wade sat by the tills trying to make sense of the events of the last 12 hours when he noticed a bald man in a suit making a beeline for him. He man pulled out a knife.

'Well... This was unexpected.' Wade thought as the suited figure drove the blade forward, heading for his heart.

'This is very different to Carousel Boutique.' Twilight thought as she sifted through some sweaters.

"I wonder what Rarity would think of this place." Applejack said.

"Not enough gems?" Twilight suggested. Applejack snorted a laugh.

"Probably."

"What do you think of Wade?" Twilight asked.

"He sounds like a nice fella. Though ah don't like the new cyber... thingy he as, and 'ardly understand his technical talk. What 'bout you?"

"I like him, he's a nice guy." Twilight said.

"Nothing else?" Applejack said.

"Well..."

"Well what Twi? Don't leave me in the dark here." a yell, followed by a crash erupted from the store. "What in tarnation's that!?"

"I dunno. Come on!" Twilight said, grabbing Applejack's arm and pulling her towards the sound.

They saw a bald man with a grin on his face on their left and a pile of racks and shirts in an undignified heap to their right, Wade lying on top of them.

"That... that hurt." he said. The bald man advanced towards Wade.

"Did he just-?" Twilight asked.

"Don't care. Get im'!" Applejack charged at the suit and planted a kick in his stomach. The suit grabbed her ankle.

"Aww horseapp-. Whoa!" and was hammer-tossed over a mass of t-shirt racks, disappearing from view.

'So much for subtle.' 47 thought as he turned to look at a purple haired girl cowering behind a rack of floral dresses. Her eyes were widened in fear. 'Not worth the trouble.' he thought turning to Wade. He stepped towards him.

Twilight's thoughts were conflicted.

'You should help.' she mentally told herself. 'But without my magic to defend myself I'm useless in a fight, and Applejack was thrown about like she was Winona's chew toy.' she looked back at Wade again, 'and if you don't do something then Wade will die and Applejack's attempt will have been for nothing!' that decided it. Twilight crept out from behind the clothes sneaked behind the suited assailant and struck.

'That's annoying.' 47 thought as he turned to see the annoyance was the purple haired girl feebly flailing her arms and beating his chest.

"Don't you hurt my friend!" she yelled in time with her hits.

'How quaint.' he thought. He grabbed her neck with his gloved hands and began to squeeze.

"No..." she gasped. "You... you..."

"Oi! Leave the girl alone." 47 turned to the owner of the voice. He possessed an augmented right arm and a very pissed off expression on his face.

"Very well." he replied, his voice smooth like melted chocolate. He pushed Twilight up and away from him, sending her crashing into some more clothing.

The fight had gathered a crowd of people, a few of them were recording it on their phones and one or two had a camcorder.

"Keep it clean, no hits below the belt yeah?" Wade said. He couldn't resist smiling at that. 47 shrugged which seemed to say 'Sure. Why not? I'm going to kill you anyway.'

"On three?" Wade suggested.

"Three!" yelled a member of the crowd. 47 stepped in and threw a punch in Wade's midriff.

"Ack... good one." he wheezed.

'Holy crap this guy can punch.'

"You don't say?" Wade muttered. 47 went for another punch into Wade's stomach, Wade deflected it and shoulder barged him, creating some breathing room. The suit immediately tried to close the gap with a side kick to the ribs. Wade grabbed the foot and did something similar to what 47 did to Applejack a few paragraphs ago, only with less finesse and it only served to give 47 a friction burn as he skidded along the waxed floor. The crowd hastily parted to let 47 skid past them and stop a little before the far wall. The suit stood back up, dusted himself down and whipped out a baton out of his sleeve.

Wade blinked to his 'X-ray scan' mode. The suit's body screamed back amber. All of his limbs had some form of augmentation. Only part of his head and chest seemed to be untouched by the medical scalpel.

'Well great... What you gonna do now?'

"I'm working on it." Wade grumbled.

'You ever imagine how it looks when you talk to yourself?'

"Not really." Wade said, confusing the crowd.

'You may want to concentrate on the rapidly approaching madman... Maybe grab a weapon to defend yourself?'

"Good idea." He replied, grabbing the nearest thing to his right. "Ah haaaa-! Oh." When he realised what he had grabbed was a wire coat-hanger. 47 sprinted forward with almost lightning speed, holding the baton high ready to strike down. Wade considered himself lucky to have dodged it by a hairs breadth and smashed the coat-hanger down on the Suit's skull, the wire frame warping around and sticking to his head like a botched up hat, much to Wade's amusement. Suddenly, much to Wade and 47’s surprise, Applejack burst out from a nearby rack and flung herself on the suit, clinging onto his back.

"What the-?" Wade started.

"Oh shut yer pie 'ole and 'it 'im already!" Wade obliged by flinging his metal fist at 47 very fleshy face with the explosive force of a cannon, 47 (with Applejack) flew with all the grace of a toilet brush into a display of cardboard boxes holding shoes, causing them to tumble down on top of them both. After a few moments of silence Applejack dug her way out of the mound and saw a pair of walking boots inside an open box.

“Oooo. These look dandy.”

Unknown Location - Boston - United States of America

"What do you mean 'He's got no face'?" Boss asked.

"Well... the palooka. He err... caved it in?" Suit 13 said feebly.

"WHAT?!” Boss yelled, startling 13. After a moment they both regained their composure. “At least tell me he was able to document some reconnaissance on the guy."

"Yes boss. One of the boys was able to get his notebook before the paramedics arrived and took the unconscious body, how he was still alive is anyone’s guess." 13 said handing Boss the aforementioned notebook.

“And our problem?” Boss asked as he flicked through it absent-mindedly.

“Was taken in shortly afterwards by the cops.”

"Pretty drawings…" Boss commented, "so our... loose end is this 'Wade Adams' then?"

"Yes Boss."

"Well then I think it's fine time we sent out the order for a manhunt." Boss said decisively.

Author's Note:

"Welcome back to the 'Writer's Block'... Sorry, I'm still giggling at the horrible pun... I'll get over it sooner or later."

"The next chapter is in progress and once finished and checked over will be posted."

"I don't have a real schedule with posting these to be honest. It's just a case of 'when they're done they're done.' as will probably be the case with every story I write.
So, if you see a big gap of time with no updates then assume it's writer's block (genuine writers block, not this crappy section), personal matters or just plain laziness. I'm not gonna pump out a half-assed version of a chapter for the sake of fitting to a timeframe."

"As stated at the beginning of the chapter, this is due for a re-write."