• Published 9th Oct 2012
  • 1,955 Views, 61 Comments

Deus Exquestria - Lmeddy247



Deus Ex and Ponies thrown into the fictional blender and this is the unfortunate result... Enjoy!

  • ...
9
 61
 1,955

Chapter 6

This chapter is due a re-write.

Deus Exquestria: 6

Chapter 6:

- 5 minutes later -

Waiting Room - Boston - United States of America

"All done." The doctor said to Wade and Applejack. "You may see your friend now." Wade shook hands with the doctor and thanked him, then went to see Twilight.

Twilight was sat on the end of her bed, legs dangling over the sides and still dressed in the hospital gown. The bag of clothes was sat on her lap.

"Feeling better?" Wade asked.

"Definitely. I can actually move again!" Twilight beamed.

"What's in the bag?" Applejack asked.

"Some clothes. Speaking of which, can somepony help me with getting them on?" Wade looked at Applejack, she shrugged.

"Oh come on!"

"Sorry pard'ner, don't know how. I only got these on 'cause of you an' guesswork." She gestured to her clothes.

"Please don't remind me of that," Wade muttered. "I feel like a pervert just thinking about it."

"Off you go cowboy." Applejack said, ignoring Wade's protests and pushing him in Twilight's direction.

'Damn, she's strong.' Wade thought, he scowled at Applejack who only smiled in response. 'Well there's no getting out of this one.'

"Thanks." Twilight said after Wade closed the wrap-around curtain for privacy.

"Don't mention it. You're gonna need to take the gown off first." He said, turning away, wanting it over as quickly as possible.

'Giggity.'

'No! Naughty brain!'

Apartment 404 - Boston - United States of America

After the whole scenario was over, Twilight was discharged from hospital and the three of them left for the apartment. By the time they had arrived the sun had dipped under the horizon.

"I still feel dirty you know." Wade said to Applejack, who was still in fits of giggles. Twilight couldn't decide whether to smirk or blush. Desperate to change the subject Wade pulled out the phone number and began to input the number. Twilight and Applejack stared at the vu phone in bewilderment.

"What? It's a phone," Wade received blank stares, "you talk to people through it?"

"You communicate through that?" Twilight asked.

"What we're you expecting? I write a letter?" Wade said as he resumed to punching in the number.

"Yes, actually." Twilight mumbled quietly. Wade hit the 'call' button. The response was almost instant.

"Hello?" Wade asked.

"Hello, this is Me."

"Who?"

"Joseph, Me..."

"Oh..."

"Who would you be?"

"Wade. You gave my friend your number?"

"Ah yes, I was wondering when she'd get in contact. I assume she's out of hospital now then?"

"Yes, her throat is still sore but she's well."

“Great!” Joseph yelled. Wade put the phone away from his ear for a few moments.

‘Owch… Do you mind hurrying up with this? I’m worried about the microwaves and sense of hearing if this keeps up.’

“Yeah, yeah.”

“What was that?” Joseph asked.

“Nothing.” Wade replied, “What is your fixation with her anyways?”

“I’ll explain in due course Wade,” Joshua said, “I need you to meet with me at my place; I’ll text you the address, be there at 11:27am. Goodbye Wade.”

“Wait! Why the-.” Joseph hung up, before he could finish the sentence.

Outside Wade’s Apartment Block – Boston – United States of America

“So, you’re sure he’s in that building?”

“Yes, I’ve been tailing him since he left the police station.”

“Are you sure you’re sure?”

“Positive.”

“Call it in then, get some backup.”

“Why would we need backup? We can take him.”

“Yes but he took out 47.”

“Bullshit.”

“Not kidding man. He’s hospitalised with a busted face. Hell, he’ll almost be a frickin’ cyborg when he’s out, that much metal in him.”

“Yikes… I’ll get some backup then.”

Apartment 404 – Boston – United States of America

Wade was confused and wanted answers. He turned to Twilight.

“Who is this Joseph?”

“I already said I don’t know. All I know is he’s a scientist and that…” She trailed off, staring at the floor.

“Tha’ what?” Applejack asked, “It could be important.”

“That people were trying to kill him.” She said. Applejack gasped.

“Okaaaay…” Wade said, “I think we should get some sleep and have some sort of plan for morning. You two can sleep on the sofa bed again.”

“Goodnight Wade.” Applejack said before falling onto the bed and begins snoring.

‘Damn, she must be really tired.’ Twilight pulled a book from the bookshelf.

“You should be getting some sleep, not reading.”

“Some light reading will help me sleep.” Twilight protested. Wade sighed.

“Just promise me you’ll get some sleep, okay?”

“I will. Goodnight Wade.”

-2 Hours Later-

Apartment Lobby - Boston - United States of America

A man in a suit approached the front desk, on either side of him were three other men, all seven of them wore suits and had weapons.

"You!" The lead man barked pointing a gun at the receptionist.

"Y-yes?" She squeaked.

"What room is this man in!?" He yelled, holding up the drawing of Wade.

"F-fourth floor. Not sure what room." She stammered.

"Thanks lady." He said before putting a round in her skull. After a short stair climb they reached the first room, 401. "We'll go room to room." The leader said in a hushed tone. "We find the guy and kill him, anyone tries to stop you, kill them too." All the suits nodded in response. "You three take this room, the other three take the next room and I’ll watch the hallway." The men nodded again. "Kick the doors in gentlemen."

Apartment 404 - Boston - United States of America

Twilight was still reading despite promising Wade she'd get some sleep. The book was a dictionary, trying to figure out what form human words took. She found out that several Equestrian letters were similar to that of humans; she also found that there was also the same amount of letters in both of their alphabets. She made a note of it with a pen and paper. Trying to grip the pen was difficult; she managed it after adopting a similar hand position to Spike when he wrote her letters to Celestia. She glanced at the clock, 12:23.

'It probably would be good if I got some sleep.' She thought as she closed the book. Suddenly two huge bangs emitted from the hallway.

'What in Equestria was that!?' Twilight scurried to Wade,

"Wade." She hissed, shaking his arm, the fleshy one.

"What?" He mumbled eyes still closed.

"I heard a couple of banging noises."

"So did I. What exactly does that have to do with you waking me up?" He rubbed his eyelids.

"Can you check it out? Just to be sure it isn't anything dangerous?"

"Fine." Wade sighed. He didn't see what she was getting so worked up about, it was probably just one of the heating generators backfiring, as they did every so often. Regardless he pulled on a t-shirt and shorts, if he met anyone in the hallway he didn't want to be doing it in his underwear. He opened the door and poked his head out. He saw two doors kicked off of their hinges and a man stood in the middle of the hall, eyes on him.

"There he is!" The man yelled, drawing his pistol.

"No he isn't!" Wade yelled popping his head back inside. He bolted the door shut.

"Wha's going on?" Applejack groaned. "Lemme sleep."

"Get up!" Wade yelled.

'You didn't see this coming did ya?'

"Now is not a good time for this brain." He muttered.

"Wha's wrong?" She said, still groggy.

"No time!" Wade barked, "Twilight! You. AJ. Kitchen. Now!" He scurried to get his Zenith. Twilight complied and hurriedly dragged Applejack into the kitchen.

'Shitshitshitshit.' Wade thought. He grabbed his handgun from the side table by his chair, checked his ammo and flicked the safety off.

'Okay, five rounds, one in the chamber, more than one hostile... this is going great!'

"Oh shut up." Wade hissed.

"Come on out!" A muffled voiced yelled, "Make it easy on us and die willingly."

"No thanks! I like life!" Wade yelled in response, taking cover behind the bookcase.

"Kick the door in and kill him." A boom was heard and the door exploded into the room, crashing into the wall on the back wall. Twilight let out a short scream.

'Definitely augments.' Wade thought. He fired a couple of shots blindly round the corner.

'Three rounds left.'

"I can count!"

"Shit, 28's down. Shoot damnit!" Bullets ripped into the room, peppering the walls with bullet holes and destroying furnishings. After a few seconds the firing stopped.

"You, go in and get him."

"Why me?"

"Because we can't all fit in there, anything happens and we'll shoot him okay?"

Wade heard the sound of approaching footsteps. Then saw the barrel of a Widowmaker shotgun poke around the corner. He grabbed it with his human hand and pulled it towards him, dragging the unaware man's stomach into Wade's knee and stunning him. Then he grabbed the suit's throat with his metal hand and threw him across the room, crashing into the wall at the far end of the apartment. The suit didn't get up.

Now with a shotgun in his hands Wade fired another blind shot, a short scream of pain and another volley of bullets tearing the place apart. Once again the fire died down quickly.
"I'm out!" Yelled multiple voices, in the brief silence it took for them to reload Wade emptied the remaining rounds of his pistol. No screams this time.

"Damn." Although he still had the shotgun and however many slugs that had. "Twi?" Wade asked.

"Y-yes?" She whimpered, almost on the verge of tears.

"Can you use your... magic to help out?"

"What can I do though?"

"I dunno, a shield? Throw something at them? You're the one with the power!"

"I can do a protection spell?" Twilight suggested.

"Do that then. Just distract them long enough for me to get to the other side of the room, I can take cover behind the couch and keep them suppressed long enough for you and AJ to climb down from the balcony and get out of here."

"Are y'all crazy!" Applejack yelled. More bullets spewed into the apartment, destroying whatever was left of the front room. The fire died down again.

"Yes, very. Please do it, I'm sure the guttering can take your weight."

"If we die, ah'm haunting you in the afterlife."

"Deal." Wade nodded to Twilight.

Twilight splayed her hand out to the space between Wade and the sofa. She focused long enough for a bright purple wall of transparent light to form.

"The hell?"

Wade stuck a book out on the barrel of the shotgun. A shot was fired and it ricocheted off of the wall and made a small hole in the ceiling.

'Hey look! It worked!'

"Can't you shut up for ten seconds?" Wade muttered.

'Okay, one... two...'

"I hate you."

"Go for Celestia's sake," Twilight said, "I have no idea how long it'll hold." Wade ran for the far end where the sofa was, propping his gun on the armrest, all while bullets were raining down on the protection spell. Twilight and AJ ran for the balcony, Twilight trying to keep the spell up for as long as possible.

"AJ, go now. Twilight, as soon as the shield's gone, get climbing." Wade said, not taking his eyes off the door. The bullets stopped as did the shield.

'Impeccable timing.' Wade thought as he fired back, sending one of the goons flipping back.

"Out." Another suit said, stepping back.

'Out of ammo? Great, one less guy to shoot.'

"For something that doesn't have vocal chords you sure gob a lot..." Wade fired again, keeping them back a little longer.

'Hey, I'm your brain. Maybe you should see a shrink.'

"If you don't shut up I'll see a brain surgeon." Wade fired another shot. Another suit down.

'I'll shut up now.'

"Good."

"Is he fucking talking to himself?" One of the three remaining suits said.

"Yes. Yes he is." Wade sighed, he pulled the trigger again.

'Click'

"Oh cock."

Apartment 304's Balcony - Boston - United States of America

While the fight raged on upstairs, Applejack had managed to clamber down to the floor below. Twilight zapped into view shortly after.

"So we just go through 'ere and ger out the building... Right?" She asked.

"I think," Twilight said, "shouldn't we be helping Wade?"

"He told us to run an' that's wha' we're doin'."

"But-"

"No buts. Wade's a tough cookie, he'll be fine." Applejack said.

"So what do we do then? Wait in the lobby?"

"Ah' guess." A knocking on the glass pane got the two girls' attention.

"Whatchoo doing on my balcony?"

Apartment 404 - Boston - United States of America

"Oh cock."

'Out of ammo? Well I saw this coming.' One of the suits laughed, pistol aimed at Wade. The other two suits stood back, presumably out of ammo. 'Looks like this is it eh? It was a good run; less alcohol would have been nice though. Brain cells don't grow on trees you know.'

"Any last words?" The suit asked.

"That is so cliched." Wade moaned. The suit rolled his eyes and pulled the trigger.

Click.

"What-?"

'What luck, now quick! Punch him before he realises you aren’t dead.'

"Can't argue with that." Wade surged forward the few spaced between him and the suit, grabbed the pistol with his augmented hand and hit the suit square on the jaw with the other, wrenching the pistol from his grip when he staggered backwards and fell to the floor. Wade unclenched the pistol, letting it drop to the floor; his grip had warped the metal so much the weapon was almost unrecognisable. "Cool." He smirked.
The other two suits approached Wade and raised their fists, one aug-d, one not.

'Hey look! It's Meaty and... Metal-y. I'll get back to you on that.'

"Two on one? Hardly fair." Wade said, raising his fists.

"There were more of us." Said the suit on Wade's left, Meaty, nodding towards the men Wade had shot.

"Touché." Wade said, he swung a wild right hook that both men dodged. Metal-y aimed a punch in Wade's midriff. He quickly blocked with his right and swung his leg into his solar-plexus, knocking him to the floor; meaty came flying forward with a flurry of kicks, driving Wade back to the wall. As soon as his back brushed the wall he fell left just as a front kick drove into the wall, smashing through the thin wall separating the living room from the kitchen, where it got stuck. Wade drove his leg upwards and right into Meaty's groin. Causing Meaty to fall backwards, bringing bits of plaster to come off of the wall.

'Despite your resentment of me, don't you find it funny that I am responsible for your ability to fight properly?'

"Reflexes are down to the spinal cord." Wade pointed out as Metal-y rose to his feet.

'Okay not all of your ability. My point is still valid!'

"No it isn't."

"Shut up!" yelled the suits in unison. Meaty clutching his pride, Metal-y throwing a straight punch at Wade's face. He ducked and came back with a savage carbon uppercut that felled the grunt in a matter of moments.

'Jesus, I thought you'd take his head off with that one.' Wade rolled his eyes and walked over to Meaty.

"Hey," Wade pulled him up by the scruff of his shirt and pressed him against the bookcase, "what do you assholes have against me?"

"I was given a name and assigned to the hit squad with my associates. I don't know what you did to tick the boss off so badly."

"Boss?"

"Yeah, you know... calls the shots, leader."

"I know what boss means... who?"

"Very few know who he is. Only his bodyguards and 47 have seen his face."

"47?"

"Bald guy, lots of augments, some guy caved his face in so he's in hospital. Whoever did that must have been badass."

"Appreciate the compliment."

"Th-that was you?" The suit's voice broke, a dark patch formed by his groin.

'Ewww!'

"Yes." The suit's eyes widened. "Don't worry though, I'm not going to kill you. As cliched as it sounds you're gonna be passing on a little message to your little group." Wade cleared his throat. "Ahehehehem... If your task was to anger me, you've succeeded and I will come after you."

"Th-that's it?"

"Short and sweet, just how I like it… Run along now." He dropped the suit out into the hall and saw him scuttle away, down the stairs and out of the building.

'Wade.'

"What?" Wade sighed.

'Something tells me insurance won't cover this.' Wade looked back at the devastation of the apartment; everything had either a huge crack or a bullet hole in it. Cushions were shredded, the television was obliterated and the kitchen had a substantial sized hole in its wall but remained reasonably untouched.

"I think I'll have to agree with you there."

'So... Find the girls?'

"Find the girls."

Author's Note:

“After another bout of writers block, (definitely becoming an omen) and Borderlands 2 the next chapter may be ‘late’."

"As said at the beginning this chapter is due a re-write."