• Published 2nd Jan 2019
  • 829 Views, 30 Comments

CYCLED - The REAL Mister Pkmn



All the events of the seasons of FiM have happened before. Maestro Spectrum knows all of the events from the start, and crafted an artificial 7th Element of Harmony to try and stop it. However, he is tired of failing ... Something needs to change.

  • ...
2
 30
 829

PreviousChapters Next
Rthö Achi- New Development

It had been two weeks since the girls had last been able to talk with Maestro- he’d written a letter apologizing profusely, explaining that he was caught up with a particularly annoying art critic. He had also explained that he had made a bit of headway in getting Luna adjusted to modern times, which was very good news. However, that letter had arrived a week ago, and Twilight was starting to get a bit worried. Maestro had always tried to keep contact with everyone, even when busy. He had roughly sent a letter a week, though not really in consistent increments. While normally this would console her, Maestro had yet to send a letter this week, and he never waited more than a week to send a letter. Twilight tried to calm herself; after all, Maestro was very busy. He could have just not had much time to write in the past week, or just not known what to write. This did help her nerves a bit, but not by much. If no letter came from him, hopefully he’d explain aptly soon.

However, she couldn’t worry about that now- Rarity had offered to make all of them something for the Gala, and Twilight had to ensure that things didn’t go like last time. She brought Spike along, and they found her friends there. And lo and behold, Maestro and Prism were there too. A bit in shock, Twilight sputtered a bit. “M-maestro? You’re here! You haven’t written in a week, so I was getting a bit worried.”

Maestro sighed deeply. “Things have been hectic, Sparks. That critic just wouldn’t let up. Also had to catch up with Trix, and thankfully she’s doing well with her magic shows. It’s been stressful, to say the least. At least I’m here in person, though. That’s one thing you can count on- if I don’t send any of you a letter within seven days of the last one sent to one of you, I will likely show up that day. I’m trying, but I’m very busy these days. In a few weeks, it’ll probably cool down again.”

Before anyone could reply, Rarity opened the door. “Oh thank you all for coming! Please, do come in.” They all complied, and entered the shop. Rarity shut the door behind her, and explained why they were there. “You see, since we’re all going to the Gala, It’s only fitting that we have something nice to wear! I’ll make all us girls dresses, and Maestro and Spike suits! It’ll be great! So, I’ll take each of you aside to get your measurements and your specifications on what they’ll look like.”

Rarity went and did just that with the girls, and each of them had much the same vision as last time- but Twilight wanted to spice things up a little. When she was taken into the back and measured, Twilight responded to Rarity’s question of what she wanted. “Just as long as it looks like a night sky, I’ll be happy.” Rarity was a bit astounded at that, but decided to not question it.

Rarity took Prism aside, and she asked for: “Nothing too drastic, just make sure it doesn’t clash with my scales.”

Rarity took Spike aside, and he asked for a standard black tux with white shirt. She went to Maestro, and took him aside, starting to measure. “So, what would you like? Anything specific?”

Maestro considered for a moment, and shook his head. “Not really. Just… Surprise me.”

Rarity’s eyes widened, shocked that he’d ask for something like that. She wrote that down, and dismissed them so she could get to work. A few hours later, she called them back, and showed them the pieces. “So? What do you think?”

Twilight recognized many of these as the dresses that they had worn last time, and she was glad to see them. The girls were a bit apprehensive, and probably would answer as they had last time. Then, she saw Maestro holding his suit up to himself, admiring it. “Royal blue with turquoise accents.” He smirked at Rarity. “How did you know? It’s perfect!”

Rarity was shocked that he liked it, as were the others. Twilight had had a suspicion that he’d like it, so him saying so wasn’t a surprise. She saw Prism holding her dress close, a simple white one with laced edges. She smiled at Rarity, a bit lost for words. Though Twilight could tell that Prism liked it. Twilight went to hers, and picked it up. “I think it’s wonderful, Rarity. I’ll try it on immediately!” She looked to the others. “C’mon, girls. At least try them on. Rarity worked hard on these.” The girls looked at each other, and agreed that that was the least they could do. They all went to the changing rooms one at a time to try them on. Twilight tried hers first, and turned to smile at Rarity. “Thank you. It means a lot that you’d do this for us.”

Rarity appreciated Twilight’s words, and expressed as much before Twilight changed out of it and left the room. Applejack was unsure about hers at first, thinking it was a bit much. But she tried to see her vision of what she thought she had wanted on her instead- and somehow, it didn’t feel right. The more she saw herself in it, the more it grew on her. She chuckled at herself a bit. “Well Rarity, Ah think that it’s grown on me! It really has.”

Rarity was enthused at that, and escorted her out after she’d changed out ot it. Rainbow tired hers on next, and was not impressed with hers at first. It didn’t quite seem cool enough. But, she wanted to not make Rarity’s efforts go in vain. She tried flying around the room a bit in it, and she was surprised at how it felt. Her vision might not have been quite this easy to fly in, and the fact that Rarity took that into account touched her. “It’s pretty cool Rarity, almost as cool as me! I couldn’t ask for more!”

Rarity was a bit surprised that she’d earned Rainbow’s approval- she thought she’d have to acquiesce to her demands. Rarity sighed in relief. Rainbow changed out of the dress, and left the room. Fluttershy tried hers on next, and was thinking a bit. She did like it, but maybe… she pondered a little while longer, then nodded slightly with a soft smile. She was happy with it, and it reflected her quite well. She hugged Rarity before changing out of the dress and leaving the room.

Pinkie came in next, and she tried it on. She made a few silly faces, pranced around a bit, and giggled. “I think it’s just as bubbly as me! I didn’t think it possible! Thanks, Rarity!”

Rarity was relieved that her friends liked them- a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She got them to show them off in a fashion show that night, and Fancy Pants was in the audience. The approval of the town and a high-end designer was more than she could ask for- but here, she had it. Things simmered down a bit, and Twilight went over to Maestro, who was still in his suit. She was about to speak to him, but then he turned to face her. “Ah, Sparks. How goes things this evening?”

Twilight’s heart skipped a beat. Something was different about Maestro as the full moon shined in the sky. With that suit, he looked almost like a prince. Her face felt hot, and many thoughts ran through her head all at once. She tried to calm herself. Maestro was her friend, and likely had a girlfriend. There was no way he’d go for a bookworm like her. He was well out of her league, and she knew that. This was probably just a silly crush that would abate with time, that was all. She took a deep breath, and smiled. “Fine, Maestro. I’m fine.”

Maestro stared at her for a while, making her a bit uncomfortable. The moment seemed to drag on forever, his eyes piercing her very soul. But then, it was over. “I see…” He closed his eyes, and stood. He turned away. “Well, If that’s everything…”

“Wait!” Twilight couldn’t stop herself. Maestro turned, and Twilight got caught in his gaze again. She powered through though, because she had to know. She set up the silence field, and pursued the question. “Maestro, during the cycles did you ever… date?”

Taken aback, Maestro blinked. That was something he hadn’t expected. He never thought Twilight would be interested in that sort of info on his life. He thought back briefly, and nodded lightly. “In the earlier ones, yes. But after a while… it just got too painful. I couldn’t invest myself in a relationship beyond friendship, because I knew that if I did, it’d be taken from me when it started all over. It was… too difficult to bear.”

Twilight gasped a bit. That means…! She chided herself. Maestro had been abstaining out of pain for a long time. Even if he did get back on the dating scene in this cycle, she had less of a chance with him than the sun did to freeze over. But maybe… She smiled. “Well, if this one’s going to be the last… You deserve happiness. Try. Go out there, and try. I believe in you.”

Maestro knew that he should, but… for so long, he’d not let himself. It wouldn’t be easy, that was for sure. But he decided that if this was to be the last one… there was no harm to be had. He smiled. “Thanks for that, Sparks. I’ll try. It will be difficult for me, for sure. But… I won’t give up.” He nodded. “Alright. I’ll see you later.” He broke the silence field, and went to grab Prism.

Twilight almost reached out, but stopped herself. She wasn’t good enough for him, she knew that. She was a bookworm, and he seemed like the type to go for somepony with an ego, perhaps a bit of artistic talent. She had neither of those- and there was one mare that did who she knew well. She shook her head. Besides, this was just a silly crush. Yet, as she tried to go to sleep, she couldn’t help but wonder if that was really true.

Author's Note:

Well now, this makes things interesting. Twilight seems conflicted, and Maestro seems to have some idea what she's trying to hide from him. What happens next? Only time will tell.

PreviousChapters Next