• Published 2nd Jan 2019
  • 827 Views, 30 Comments

CYCLED - The REAL Mister Pkmn



All the events of the seasons of FiM have happened before. Maestro Spectrum knows all of the events from the start, and crafted an artificial 7th Element of Harmony to try and stop it. However, he is tired of failing ... Something needs to change.

  • ...
2
 30
 827

PreviousChapters Next
Rthö Ebfüf- Night At The Gala: Part Two~ Boiling Emotions

The carriage ride passed without much incident, and soon they arrived at the gate to Canterlot Castle. They got out and waited with the crowd out front of the closed gate. Twilight took this chance to try and talk to Maestro. “Maestro, mind if I speak with you for a while?”

Maestro turned to Trixie, whispered something in her ear, and tore himself away with little effort. He replied readily. “What’s on your mind, Sparks? Nervous about how the Gala’ll turn out?”

Twilight gulped. She could do this…. But not with the girls watching. Their eyes on her made it impossible for her to find the courage to broach the subject she wanted to talk about. Instead, she decided to chuckle lightly, and answer his query. “You could say that, yes. I hope it doesn’t get out of hoof, but…”

Maestro’s skeptical look pierced her soul for a few seconds, and then it was gone as he nodded his head. “Don’t worry so much. As long as we spend time together as friends during the Gala, it’ll all work out in the end.”

There wasn’t much time left for conversing as a pony approached from the other side of the gate to open it up. Many in the crowd were rather excited, but Maestro and Twilight remembered being here on this day before. Last time, things got quite out of hoof with her friend’s expectations. Some had family here this time, though not all of them could make it or wanted to go. Twilight went through the doors of the castle and managed to find her older brother. “Shining Armor! There’s some ponies who I’d like you to meet…”

He turned around, and smiled at Twilight. “Twily! You brought your friends to the Gala? How nice that I get to meet them in person!” He looked them over, and his eyes settled on Trixie. “Who’s she? The papers only told of you having six friends help you against Nightmare Moon…”

Clearing his throat, Maestro spoke up. “She’s my date for the evening, Trixie Lulamoon.” Maestro then smirked. “That’s enough about me. So, are the rumors true? Are you dating the Princess of Love, Mi Amore Cadenza?”

At that, Shining Armor's muzzle went slightly red. “Y-yes, they are… She’s busy though, and couldn’t make it to the Gala.” He turned to Twilight. “Though, Cadence did say that she so terribly wanted to see you again, Twily.”

Twilight’s face lit up. This meant that the Changelings had yet to invade Canterlot! It was likely that they’d try something when Discord escapes, but she didn’t know how to broach the topic with anyone that was unaware of the cycles. She supposed that she’d have to ask Maestro about that. She opted to put it aside for now, though. “I wish she could’ve been here. It’s been so long since we last saw each other!” She shook her head. “Nothing to be done about it, though. I just hope you inform me when you decide to ask her the big question.”

Shining Armor’s blush deepened. “Sis! I’m not ready to ask her something like that yet!”

The response got a light chuckle out of Twilight, and a small genuine smile on Maestro’s muzzle. It was nice to see that little jab had lightened the mood a bit. The music began a new song, and Twilight’s heart fell as Maestro offered a hoof to Trixie. “Shall we dance?”

Trixie curtsied, and accepted. Twilight’s stomach churned at the sight. She decided to excuse herself. “I’ll be right back, girls.” She sauntered off, finding herself in the garden. Whilst there, she saw a familiar figure. “Sapphiron? How’d you get here?”

He wore a black tuxedo, with swirls of gold accents. He spoke to her without turning around. “I’ve my ways, Twilight.” He turned to look at her, a serious look in his eyes. “Though, my question to you is: What’re you doing here in the garden? Shouldn’t you be with your friends?” Twilight just looked away. Sapphiron sighed, and approached. “Ah. You’re avoiding something, I can tell. It’s natural to be afraid sometimes. But you must face your fears to succeed.” Sapphiron started pushing Twilight back towards the dance hall. “Get back in there, and face what you’re afraid of.”

Twilight tried to resist, but it was futile. By the time Sapphiron stopped pushing, she was already back inside. She saw Maestro still dancing with Trixie, and she tried to bolt. But she found Sapphiron blocking her way, shaking his head. Twilight was nervous and uncertain, but at the very least her friends were off enjoying the dance floor. She took a breath, and approached Maestro and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned, and smiled. “Sparks. Did you want to speak with me?” A nod came from her, and Maestro nodded with understanding. The dance halted. “Trix, could you leave for a moment? I have something to discuss with Sparks for a bit.” Trixie looked uncertain, but decided to leave. Maestro took Twilight aside, and set up the silence field. “So. What’s troubling you?”
Twilight looked to the side, and remained silent. How was she supposed to do this? She’d never done something like this before, so she started to clam up. At the sight of her hesitance, Maestro sighed deeply. “Sparks, if you have something to say to me, just let it out. I’m here for you, alright? Just… say it.”

Twilight was still uncertain, but she decided to brace herself. She took a breath, and went for it. “Maestro... I LIKE-LIKE YOU!” the force of the shout shattered the silence field, and just as Trixie was coming back. All her friends had probably heard, she was so loud. Embarrassment on her face, she started to back away.

Maestro grabbed her with his magic as she attempted to make a run for it. A smile spread across his face. “Well done, Sparks. I knew that you could do it.”

To Be Concluded In Part Three...

Author's Note:

What's this? Part Two's not the end of it? I know, calm down. There's a bit more that I want to fit in the Gala, but I had to cut it here. So on the 24th, look for Part Three!

PreviousChapters Next