• Published 2nd Jan 2019
  • 829 Views, 30 Comments

CYCLED - The REAL Mister Pkmn



All the events of the seasons of FiM have happened before. Maestro Spectrum knows all of the events from the start, and crafted an artificial 7th Element of Harmony to try and stop it. However, he is tired of failing ... Something needs to change.

  • ...
2
 30
 829

PreviousChapters Next
Rthö Dœffüf: Appreciation Consideration

It had been a few days since her date with Maestro, and Twilight was feeling a bit better about things. Sure, she may not know when Maestro would find his answer, but she was willing to be patient. Aside from that, she averted disaster because she hadn’t used the “Want it, Need it” spell this time. It was a giant relief that she didn’t have to go through that lesson again- though she was a bit miffed that Celestia had almost been expectant of a friendship letter. She had to explain that she couldn’t very well force a lesson, because it likely wouldn’t end well. Celestia had left when Twilight insisted on sending the letters on a more as-it-happens basis, and allowing her friends to send some on occasion. It was almost like Celestia had some other agenda. She shook those thoughts aside, and got ready to face the day. Pretty much anything could feasibly be their next challenge- to a certain extent, of course. She was about to get a head start on the day when she saw Apple Bloom wandering around. She looked a bit glum, so it might be about her not having her Cutie Mark- though, who was to say it wasn’t something a bit more pressing? Taking initiative, she found her way towards her. “Hey Apple Bloom, what’s eating at you?”

She sighed deeply. “It’s this school assignment. About… appreciating family.”

At that mention, Twilight’s eyes lit up. She knew what had happened that day last time, so it shouldn’t be so hard to advert it. Tough, she should just ease it along- no need to force it, after all. “Are Applejack and Bic Mac not available for it, Bloom? Is that why your worried?”

She nodded. “Don’ get me wrong, Ah love granny, but she seems a bit… loopy sometimes. To have her show up would be… embarassin’, tah say th’ least.”

Twilight sighed and shook her head. “I remember when my grandma showed up for one of those when I was your age. I was terrified at first! But when she spoke on her life, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.” She looked to Apple Bloom and smiled. “The point that I’m stressing is that you could be surprised at what she has to say. Just give her a chance. Okay?”

Apple Bloom seemed hesitant, and was unsure what to do. Then, Maestro showed up. He looked back to the girls, who had pushed him there. Applejack jerked her head towards her sister. “Now talk some sense inta her!”

Maestro sighed, shaking his head. He approached, and laid down so that he was looking in her eyes. "Listen, Apple Bloom. You should appreciate the family you have, kid. Some people don't have that luxury. Imagine what it is like for an orphan, who has to sit out on these kinds of things. Don’t you think they would give almost anything to be in your position?." She nodded in shame. Maestro sighed. “It’s quite alright. I’m sure that your grandmother will surprise you with the wisdom that she can give. Just give her a chance.”

Apple Bloom left, most likely to talk to Granny Smith. All eyes now were on Maestro, however. It was Rainbow that broached the topic first. “What’s up with you? You seem… distressed.”

Maestro remained silent, as if he hadn’t heard her. Twilight however, seemed to understand. “Does this have anything to do with why you never talk about your family?”

At that, his complexion darkened for a split second. Yet, he took a deep breath, and calmed down. “Yes. There’s only one pony aside from myself that knows this tale. Sapphiron. He was there through it with me, after all. I never speak about my family because I lost them when I was very young. All of them, snuffed out in a grand blaze of fire. Not a single one aside from myself was left alive. The burns… still hurt sometimes.” His expression grew more dour at the shock on the faces of the others. He sighed. “They never even saw me get my Cutie Mark. The day that I got that, the scared little foal that I was died, and Maestro Spectrum was born. I tossed aside my old name and built myself anew from the ashes. Sapphiron is the only one left who knows the name I once bore.”

The girls spoke in hushed tones, unsure of what to say. Twilight, however, went straight up to him and held him tight. Surprise lit upon his face as she comforted him. “It’s alright. You don’t have to elaborate if you don’t want to. It’s alright. We won’t ask you to tell us the details.”

For the first time in front of the others, tears fell down his face as he pulled away. But instead of a frown, a smile was upon his face. “Thanks, Sparks. You’re a good friend.” He dried his eyes as he looked around the room. “I know that all of you have questions, but…”

Applejack nodded. “Say no more. If’n you don’t want ta talk ‘bout it, that’s jus fahn.”

Rainbow scratched the back of her head. “Sure, I’m curious, but… if it’s that painful for you, I guess I can wait until you’re ready to tell us.”

Rarity looked somber. “It must have been hard without your family there for you. I can hardly imagine what that must’ve been like…”

Pinkie was less chipper, but not depressed. “Hey, you’ll always have them in your heart! They wouldn’t want you to forget them, after all…”

Fluttershy remained quiet for some time before gaining the strength to speak. “If you ever feel like telling us… we’ll be here to listen.”

Maestro looked around to all of them in turn. Could he really do this? He’d let them in on things that he hadn’t before. Only Sapphiron knew this much about him… He sighed, and smiled. He’d see where this would lead...

Author's Note:

Things seem to be changing for the better! Time to mess with that.

PreviousChapters Next