• Published 4th Nov 2018
  • 899 Views, 5 Comments

Derpy and I - Stormbringer



What if The Derpy I Know and Love happened in a strictly human universe? No magic, no half pony forms or no Crystal Mirrors to jump between realities?

  • ...
2
 5
 899

CHAPTER THREE: That Complicates Things

Twilight’s parents were very close to their son and daughter. Nothing was normally withheld from such a close, warm and loving family. And as such, the parents dropping in on their children without forewarning was normal, even barging into their bedrooms. Nothing much was thought of it.

This was another thing that was about to change.

“Honey,” said Night Light, Twilight’s father, “it’s still early. Maybe Twilight isn’t awake yet.”
“Oh don’t worry!” Said Twilight Velvet, Twilight’s mother, “it won’t be the first time we had to drag our daughter’s scrawny backside out of bed. She’s always happy to go and spend a day with us.”

The father took out a key and opened the front door. The lights were off and all was quiet.

“See,” said Night, “she’s probably still in bed. Let’s go get some coffee and come back in a bit.”
“Oh pooh! Don’t be silly,” said Velvet, “we can all go get coffee together,”

The parents continued to the bedroom. Opened the door that was ajar, entered and went to the bed. There they saw someone asleep, covers pulled over their head and back to them.

“Okay, sleepyhead,” said Velvet loudly and shaking the sleeping form, “get up! Are you going to sleep the day away?”

The person stirred, turned and sat up.

The parents were shocked. The woman there was blond, light skinned and as the blanket fell away, they saw she was naked.

“Twilight?” said Muffins groggily, “is there something wrong?”

Muffins then saw it wasn’t her girlfriend but a couple of older adults, although the woman looked a whole lot like Twilight. It suddenly registered that she was there sitting bare chested.

“Who… Who’re you?” asked Muffins panicked, and grabbing the blanket and covering herself.
“Who are you?” replied Velvet.

Night Light turned away embarrassed, in time to see his daughter come in the room in a bathrobe that was open and obviously, no underwear.

“Oh gracious,” panicked the father covering his eyes, now completely embarrassed.

Twilight Velvet looked in time to see her daughter quickly closing her bathrobe.

“We’ll be in the living room,” said the mother, equally embarrassed. She grabbed Night Light’s arm and they exited the room.

“Who…” asked Muffins.
“My parents,” said Twilight not knowing if she should be mortified or if she should fall to the floor laughing like Rainbow Dash used to do.
“I think we should get dressed.” Said Muffins, starting to be amused.


It didn’t take long for them to get dressed. But it was long enough for Velvet to make coffee. The parents were sitting on the sofa when they heard the bedroom door open, Twilight and Muffins walked out, hand in hand,

“Twilight,” said Velvet, “we’re so very sorry, we didn’t know. But I guess this was the reason for the extra car in your driveway.”
“It’s okay,” said Sparkle, “I guess I should have called you after it happened. Anyway, mom, dad, this is Muffins Starr. She’s my girlfriend… Obviously.
Muffins, my father, Night Light and my mother, Twilight Velvet.”
“Nice to meet you,” said Muffins.
Muffins extended a hand to Twilight Velvet. Velvet just looked at the outreached hand, Muffins was starting to be hurt at the snub.
But Velvet stood and embraced Muffins. Muffins started to have tears in her eyes as she returned the hug warmly. But suddenly, Muffins backed off.

“Sorry, excuse me,” said Muffins hurriedly. She went running into the bathroom. There was the unmistakable sound of Muffins throwing up.

“Excuse me,” said Twilight going toward the bathroom.

Twilight opened the bathroom door. Muffins was taking a wash cloth and wiping her face and mouth.
“I’m sorry Sweetie,” said Muffins, “the last couple mornings my stomach has been so sensitive. I guess the stress of being dumped and then the firing.”
“Maybe,” said Twilight suspecting something.

They went back to the living room and they all sat.
“I’m sorry,” said Muffins, “stress from being fired and thinking I was going to be living in my car. Thankfully, Twilight opened her heart and home to me. And truthfully, I’ve had a crush on her since school.”

Twilight and Muffins told of the last couple of days and how the two took to each other as if they had been high school sweethearts.

“I think that is so sweet of you, Twilight,” said the mother, “not a lot of people would take in a pregnant woman, much less start a relationship with one.
So how far along are you, Sweetheart?”

“Pregnant?!?!” said Muffins (but Twilight was suspecting this).

“I’d have it checked,” said Velvet, “but it sounds like you’re having morning sickness. If that just started, then you might be about 6 weeks along. But that can vary person to person.”
Muffins looked at Twilight in fear.
“I swear Honey,” said Muffins, starting to panic at what this could look like, “I didn’t know. Really, I’m not trying to pull something over on you. Honest, I didn’t know. I do really, really love you!”

Muffins put her hands to her face and started to cry.
“Hormone induced sensitivity.” Said Velvet to her daughter, “come with me honey.”
Velvet took Muffins hand and started walking to the bedroom, Twilight got up to follow.
“Twilight,” said the mother, “wait here for now.”


Twilight Velvet and Muffins sat on the edge of the bed. Muffins was trying to get her crying under control. Velvet put an arm around Muffins and pulled her close.

“You must think I’m some con artist playing on someone’s feelings. Trying to find someone to support me through my pregnancy,” said Muffins trying to hold back sobs.
“Are you?”
“No,” said Muffins starting to cry harder. “You must really hate me.”
“Hate you?” said Velvet softly, “why would I hate you? You love my daughter and apparently she loves you.
It’d be a kind of messed up relationship if I hated you. Because if I hated you, then I’d be losing a grandchild.”
Muffins sat up straight and looked at Velvet.
“You’d really want my baby to be your grandchild?” asked Muffins sounding amazed.
“No,” said Velvet, Muffins looked hurt until the mother continued. “I’d want yours and Twilight’s baby to be my grandchild.”
Muffins grabbed Velvet and gave her such a deep hug, Velvet was finding it hard to breathe.
“What do you think your family will say.”
“I don’t have any family,” said Muffins, “not anymore.”
“Oh sweetie,” said Velvet still embracing Muffins.
“My parents were killed in an auto accident not long after I graduated high school. So I guess I’m an adult orphan.”
“Honey,” said Velvet, “you now have a family. And I’d really like it if you’d call us mom and dad, understand?”
“Yes… Mom,” said Muffins hugging Velvet again.



Twilight had been talking to her father about how she had fallen for this special woman. Her father was glad for his daughter. With Shining Armor overseas in the Army, she was their only Family nearby.
When he found out that Muffins had a doctorate in nuclear physics, he was impressed. He asked if their little house was going to be big enough for two brains that big.

“Twilight,” said Velvet coming in the room, holding Muffins’ hand, “did you ever finish fixing up the room next to your bedroom as an office?”
“No mom,” said Twilight.
“Good,” said Velvet, then looking at Muffins. “There, that’s one problem already solved. If it won’t drive our Twilight berserk, the three of us will start making up a nursery. Doing it right does take time.”
“Thank you mom,” said Muffins hugging Velvet.

That statement drove away all fear of her parents rejecting this relationship. In fact, Twilight was starting to worry if her mother was going to monopolize Muffins time. Plus she was going to warn Muffins that once the baby was born, if Twilight Velvet ever got her hands on the child, they might not ever get it back.


For the most part, that was the only thing spoken of as far as Muffins being pregnant. Muffins was finding a loving pair of parents in Twilight’s folks. They were truly treating Muffins as part of the family. So much so, by the end of the day, Muffins was truly sad that the older Sparkles had to go home.

The next morning, Twilight had made a call into the college to let them know she wouldn’t be in that day. She said she had to take care of some medical issues.

Twilight had Muffins come with her to her OB/GYN doctor. Muffins balked at first saying because of her termination, she hadn’t any health insurance. But Twilight told her not to worry, she had it covered.

To their surprise, in the doctor’s waiting room was Applejack.

“Well, howdy y’all,” said AJ seeing Twilight and Muffins, “what brings y’all here?”
“We’re here to confirm that you and I have something else in common with each other, more than being dumped by the same guy,” said Muffins.
“Ya ain’t sayin’?”
“It looks like Muffins is pregnant as well,” said Twilight, giving Muffins’ cheek a kiss.
“Well strap my head to the side of a hog and wallow me in the mud!” said AJ. Neither Muffins or Twilight broke down laughing, but they came so close.
“Ah’m here to start my maternity care,” Applejack paused with a curious look on her face. “Damned if’n Ah ever thought Ah’d ever be sayin’ that as a single woman.

But Ah’m so happy fer y’all and little Applejack Sparkle-Starr.”

“Touché,” said Twilight remembering the kidding Muffins and herself giving AJ prior.

They called AJ in first, it was about 15 minutes later that they called Muffins. Muffins got up to go in, but Twilight stayed seated.

“Come with me silly,” said Muffins, reaching out a hand to Twilight, “unless something unforeseen happens, I want you with me through all this. You’re going to be a mother as well.”
Twilight stood, kissed Muffins and took her hand as they were taken into an exam area. Twilight stayed close to Muffins and held her hand through most of it. They took urine and some blood samples.
A nurse came in after a bit and informed them that Muffins was indeed pregnant, and her blood work was normal. Twilight had never thought she’d feel a thrill like this. She and Muffins hugged and cried a little out of joy. They made appointments for future routine visits and then went out to the waiting room.

As they were leaving they saw AJ still in the waiting room. Twilight told AJ to join them for some coffee as they walked outside together to a little coffee shop with outside tables just down the block. They all sat and ordered something to drink.

“Well?” asked AJ.
“They confirmed that I’m about 6 to 8 weeks pregnant,” said Muffins.
“Same here,” said AJ, “Ah guess when he wasn’t doin’ ya, he was doin’ me.”
“Does that upset you? About Muffins?” asked Twilight.
“Heck no,” said AJ, “it ain’t as if’n Muffins was with Shootin’ knowin’ that he was with me.

Did ya?”

“No Applejack,” said Muffins, “I should have realized it when I was with him. It was as if something important wasn’t there. It was fun but it wasn’t satisfying like it is with Twilight. I know it’s quick, but perhaps it’s fate. I don’t know if I could ever love anyone like I do Twilight.”
“It figures, he was the first guy Ah ever trusted and gave myself to.” Said AJ a bit melancholy.
“Same here,” said Muffins, “I hate to think I wasted my virginity on such an asshole.”

“Girls,” said Twilight, “my mother has always told me that there are two types of virginity. Bodily Virginity, which really isn’t that big of a deal because it can be lost, as you know, by trickery or force; even if some guys see it as some kind of trophy.
But there’s Virginity of the Heart, which can never be taken, only be freely given.”

“Well Twilight,” said Muffins, “then I must have given you my Virginity of the Heart. I’ve never felt this way before about anyone, man or woman.”

“Ya know,” said Applejack, “Ah think Ah like that. Thanks Twi, It’s good to know that Ah still have somethin’ special to give that special someone out there.
And seein’ y’all so happy, then perhaps Ah shouldn’t be so closed minded about it bein’ another girl. Not that Ah’m lookin’ but Ah won’t say Ah won’t let an opportunity pass.”

“Rainbow Dash?” said Twilight with a sly smile.

AJ just blushed and looked away smiling.

The three finished their coffees, hugged and went their own ways.