• Published 31st Oct 2018
  • 1,609 Views, 86 Comments

Mega Man: Divine Grid - Azure Sandora



After a blue light shoots down from the sky on top of a student from Canterlot High, an unlikely hero is born. This is the story of how a young, frivolous high school girl came to inherit the blue light of hope. This is the story... of MegaMan.

  • ...
5
 86
 1,609

Memory

Author's Note:

The following project is a fan made product. My Little Pony Equestria Girls belongs to Hasbro, and Mega Man belongs Capcom. Please support the official releases of these products.

She gasped as her eyes shot open. For a split second she thought she saw something, but it was gone by the time she blinked. After taking a few deep breaths, the girl looked around to see where she was.

The room itself was small, and kinda cramped with a few chairs off to the side of the white hospital bed she laid in. On the other side of the room was a small desk with what looked like someone's cellphone sitting on it. There were two doors in the room, one which led to a small bathroom and the other she assumed led out of the room.

Am I… in a hospital room…?

How did I get… here…?

She sat up in the bed to get a better look at her surroundings. Her heart pounded in her chest as the reality of her situation began to hit her. She had no idea where she was nor how she got there. For that matter, who was she? She tried and tried to remember the name, but she couldn't. Holding a hand to her forehead, the girl wracked her brain for information, trying to remember her name, her age, her home address, something, anything.

Nothing.

She closed her eyes tightly in an attempt to fight off the incoming wave of tears. When that didn't work, she gripped the sheets over her lap tightly, trying her best to not break down in fear. She had to stay calm. She could figure this out. She just needed a clue. If only there was something of hers-

The girl immediately picked up the phone, and after a second of fiddling around with it, managed to turn the thing on. She was thankful the phone wasn't locked. It was a purple and blue smartphone, composing mostly of a large screen surrounded by the base of the machine. Before looking at the phone's contents she looked at the back of the phone, and noticed a symbol. It looked like a magic wand of some sort, with a light blue trail of magic behind it, vaguely in the shape of a crescent moon. Relief washed over her as she recognized it. She didn't know what it meant, but she knew that it was something pertaining to herself.

Okay. This is a start.

She turned her attention back to the screen and began perusing through the various apps. Past the home screen she found a few basic apps for calling and sending messages, an app called “angel numbers”, a flashlight app, one called “Skype”, whatever that was, a couple of simple games, a tarot card app, a diary, and a few more random apps for astrology, numerology, and tabletop RPGs. Judging from the apps she saw, and getting a feel for her figure, it was safe to say she was in her mid to late teens at least.

The first app she looked at was the diary. After waiting for it to load, she was greeted with a black and purple screen. The title “Dark Diary” was at the top, probably the name of this particular diary app. Whoever she was, it looked like she was a complicated individual. She saw the most recent entry, titled “The End…?”

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw that. Why, she had no idea yet.

She pressed her index finger on the entry, opening it to read its contents:

I keep seeing 999 today, more frequently than usual. The app, all the sites online, they all say the same thing. Essentially, end of a chapter in my life.

I'm used to the numbers by now, but this is getting scary. Every five seconds I'm seeing either 999, 909, 919, or some weird combination associated with 9. Most of those numbers seem to refer to “endings”. Also, I keep feeling like something else is coming. Something even bigger than that incident at the Friendship Games, scary as that sounds. And whatever it is... I feel like it's directed toward me.

Am I… about to die…?

I don't know why I feel this way, but the numbers keep showing up. Just what does it all mean?

Someone. Anyone. Please help me.

I'm scared.

I don't want to die yet.

“D-die…?” she asked, her voice a bit hoarse from disuse. Did that have something to do with why her memory was gone? She looked through past entries, stopping on one titled “The Gate is Opening”.

I finally looked up the meaning of 11:11. Most of the sources say something about a “gate” opening. I didn't believe in this stuff before but… I keep seeing the numbers everywhere I look. Just the other day I was playing Chrono Trigger and saw 1001 on the enemy, followed right up with 1010. On that same screen I saw my character's health at 1111.

So if you're wondering why I suddenly decided to check that out, now you know.

So… what's this gate? What's opening? I'm not like Sunset and her group of freaky friends. I'm normal, so none of this stuff should be coming to me.

I just want a normal life.

Unfortunately, she didn't sign the diary entries, so she didn't get a name yet. From what she could get however, her memory loss wasn't entirely spontaneous it seemed. It seemed like at the very least there were signs that something was about to happen.

It's what that something was that had her somewhat terrified.

Exiting that app, she looked through her messages, surprised to see a number of really urgent ones, all asking if she was okay. At least she had friends. She opened one from a “Lyra” to read it.

OMG Trixie! Bon Bon and I heard what happened! Call me when you get this, PLEASE! I need to know my BFF is okay!

“Trixie… My name is… Trixie…?” She held her head as the name rolled in her mind. The more she said, the more right it felt. That was her name. Trixie sighed in relief and fell back onto her bed. Now she had a name, and a sense of who she was before losing her memory.

But relief turned to sadness as nothing else came to her after that.

Realizing she needed to put a face to the name, she got out of bed and carefully walked to the bathroom. She stumbled a bit in the beginning, but after a second she was able to walk perfectly. In the bathroom, she looked at reflection, taking in her features.

Staring back at her was a young Caucasian girl who definitely looked about 16 at the youngest. She had long light blue hair with white highlights, sharp purple eye and features, and was currently wearing a dark pink lipstick, almost purple. Underneath her hospital gown, she could tell she had a slender build, kinda top heavy but not too much, and lifting the gown a bit revealed very nice, somewhat shapely legs.

Her name was Trixie, she had a friend named Lyra who called her “BFF” for some reason, she liked video games apparently, and she was really attractive. But still with a bad case of memory loss.

The door opening outside caught her attention. She carefully stepped out of the room, seeing a nurse with pink hair walk into the room and look around. When the nurse turned to Trixie, she smiled in relief.

“Oh, there you are Miss Lulamoon. I was worried you wandered off,” she said kindly.

“Lulamoon… is that my last name?” Trixie asked, back still pressed against the wall as she wasn't sure if she should trust this woman yet.

The nurse frowned in genuine confusion, “You don't remember?”

“I figured out my name is Trixie, but that's it,” she said, “How did I get here?”

“Your classmate brought you in earlier today. I think she said her name was Rarity. Does that name mean anything to you, hun?” the nurse asked. Trixie shook her head as it didn't sound familiar, “I see… this is certainly unexpected.” the nurse looked at her clipboard for a second, “Well, it says here your full name is Beatrix Lulamoon, 17 years old, and a student at Canterlot High. Hopefully that can help get you started.”

“Thank… you,” Trixie said, relaxing a bit at the nurse's smile. She seemed like she genuinely wanted to help.

“Why don't you get some rest, Miss Lulamoon,” the nurse said holding out her hand, “It's okay. No one here is going to hurt you.”

Trixie looked at the hand, and slowly reached out to take it. The nurse gently grasped it, and then escorted Trixie back to her bed, helping her lie down and get comfortable.

“I'm scared,” Trixie admitted to the nurse, “I… I don't know what to do. Nothing I've seen has triggered any memories. Not even seeing my name.”

“Memory loss can be tricky to recover from,” the nurse said, gently raising the covers over Trixie, “But if you want my advice,” Trixie nodded, “Don't worry about who you were. Now that you have a name, and you remember basic things, focus on who you'll be now. Just take your time, go easy on yourself, and be natural, okay?” the nurse smiled kindly.

Trixie took a deep breath and nodded, “Okay. Thank you, Ma'am.”

“Call me Miss Redheart,” the nurse said, placing a hand to her chest, “You won't be here long, but I will take care of you during that time, alright?”

Trixie nodded, allowing herself to relax. She could trust this woman.

As the nurse walked out of the room and closed the door, Trixie turned to her side and closed her eyes. Tomorrow, she'd start calling people to see what else she could piece together of her old life. Still, she was definitely going to take what Miss Redheart said to heart, and not stress over it.

She did want to know how she lost her memory though.

Questions for another time, Trixie thought with a yawn. It didn't take long for the soothing darkness of sleep to consume her.