• Published 18th Oct 2018
  • 2,076 Views, 36 Comments

Nightmare Night Town - Foal Star



On Princess Luna's first Nightmares Night she wanted it to last longer. But when she casted her spell it instead grew out of control and transformed Ponyville into a Town for Nightmare Night.

  • ...
4
 36
 2,076

Chapter four: Rarity's Castle

The odd troupe continued their journey through the spooky version of Ponyville they eventually came upon a dark black manor with the spiked tower where Rarity’s boutique was the manor looked like something from a gothic horror story. The place was a dark and ominous manor with a field of dead black grass with rose bushes covered in black roses. The door in front had two evil looking gargoyles in front. Twilight gave the place a long look completely amazed and gulped as she whispered, “surely Luna has to be here.” Twilight continued to hobble to the door slowly and knocked on the huge thick wooden doors. They opened up by themselves revealing a lobby with ominous candles lit from within glowing deep in the darkness. Fog spilled out of the doorway like a river of deep foam that poured outward. An ominous gong rang out from a bell, and they looked up to see a hunched back mare hobbling down the steps. Her body was covered in a black cloak wrapped in chains and ropes. Her face was disjointed with her eyes spread out across her face disturbingly. The crooked old mare came forward and bowed before them as she explained, “hello I’m Madame’ Belle and I’m the bell ringer may I help you?”

The troupe all looked at each other with unsure looks. Apple Bloom came forward and bowed, “Hello old friend, we are looking for Rarity is she here?”

The old mare was confused and bowed. “Oh yes, master Rarity is upstairs please follow me.” They all shrugged and followed the old hobbling mare up the stairs.

As they all slowly went up the stairs, they could hear strange organ music coming from one of the rooms. Sweetie Belle opened one of the doors revealing a room with benches lining down the long hall. Octavia was sitting down at the end of the room playing a giant organ blasting ominous music with her hooves. She wore a long white transparent dress that flowed around her, with the fabric itself torn and yellowed. Everypony watched with awe memorized by the music, but Sweetie Belle turned around with irritation and growled, “keep it down! My master does not wish to be disturbed!”

Rarity blushed and turned her head revealing a ghastly skull covered in a rotten torn veil with worms and maggots coming out of her eye sockets. The mare bowed her head and whispered, “sorry."

She then began to play the organ again but a bit softer. They continued their trek, and soon they came through a long hallway manic laughter, and odd noises came from one room. Twilight peeked inside to see a Money Bags was a great hulking brute still wearing a suit grunting as his wife was now a medusa with a hair made of snakes hissing and spitting drinking a cup of wine. The mare was frightened, and she quickly shut the doors before they could see her.

They continued down the room looking among the ghastly ghoulish looking guests at the cocktail party all seeming to be unconcerned of their forms. The two continued down the row until they came upon the middle of the room. Here Luna was in her vampire form talking to Rarity who now also looked like a vampire with two bat wings coming out of her back and small teeth coming down her bottom lip.

Madame Belle hobbled over and bowed as she exclaimed, “Rarity, I have with me some guests who wish to speak to you.” was to follow them and bowed mistress your friends are here. She flew over slowly unfurling her wings and showing herself and gave the mares a chilling smile. “Oh Darlings! You actually came!” Good Evening! did you come to join my fabulous Nightmare Night party?”

Twilight gave her a sheepish smile as the mare explained, “Well not really were here to see Luna do you know where she is?"

Rarity blushed as she waved a hoof, "oh Luna, well I must say darling we had quite the evening. First I found her at this strange looking clock tower. She seemed lost and confused, and together we flew through the night as we came back to my place. Then seeing many other ponies looking like us. So, we all decided to throw a huge Nightmare Night party!"

Applejack was grumbling as Scootaloo the crow was pecking at her head, and she shouted, "that's all wonderful, and all but what we need to know is where Luna is right now? Can you point us in the right direction?

Rarity clopped her hooves together with delight and exclaimed, “oh! Well, you’ll be happy to hear she’s here right now having the time of her life if I may add.” The vampire pony pointed towards the black coated alicorn vampire with her big black wings dancing and seeming to be having a good time. The troupe quickly came over to Luna who despited vampire wings, pointed teeth, and a strange red brooch that was on her chest. She was quite recognizable as the princess of the night. The princess was dancing along to the beat of the beat of the classical music waving her mane about with a glass filled with some strange red liquid in her magic.

Twilight eyed the princess of the night with caution and nervously asked, “hey Luna!”

The princess turned around with giggle seeing twilight looking like an old hag and squealed, “oh Twilight! It’s so nice to see you!” She flew over and hugged her into an embrace. The purple coated unicorn squirmed about as Spike snickered behind her. Rainbow Dash slowly trotted up and just rolled her eyes and made a blah sound.

Twilight eventually broke the embrace and asked, “hey Luna, we need to ask a favor.”

The princess eyed Twilight and asked, “yes, what is it?”

The princess gave a sigh as she continued, “well the thing is. I know that you accidentally caused all of this and we need you to help reverse things to make Ponyville to how it was before.”

Luna turned around at Applejack who just gave the princess a look of irritation just wanting to get things back to normal. Apple Bloom was just wondering around the fancy party trying to place corn in everypony’s drinks.

Princess Luna giggled and exclaimed, “why would I do that everypony is loving this new and improved Ponyville!”

Twilight stomped a hoof. “You stop this right now! We need you to go to the everfree forest and cast “the jewel of nightmares” into the pool of nightmares now!”

Luna crossed her hooves with defiance and scoffed, ”as if, I’m not going anywhere this party is just getting started!”

Applejack overhearing the conversation stomped over with her jack o lantern face bursting into flames as she shouted, “your gonna march to that pool and fix this right now, or I’m gonna drag you by the tail!”

Luna raised her body in the air revealing her sharpened fangs and her giant leathery bat wings and shouted back, “try me you pile of hay!

Twilight quickly hobbled between the two and croaked, “will you two quit it!”

Both mares turned their attention back to Twilight as she continued to explain. “Now, I know that yes, Luna things may be better for you. But for most ponies, this can destroy our lives. Luna, please we need you to help.”

Luna looked over at Twilight and asked, “I don’t get it how can this be a nightmare? Yes, we’re all monsters and freaks, but that doesn’t mean we can’t live and have fun?”

Rainbow Dash came over with her eyes glowing red. “Listen! I don’t want to be dealing looking like this for the rest of my life.”

Luna pointed across the room at the dozens of ponies laughing and drinking their wine and exclaimed, “they all seem to be having a good time. So it might just be you that have issues with this new Nightmare Night town.”

Rarity slowly trotted over to Luna with a shy smile and held her hoof. “Darling, we had a lot of fun tonight, and I’ve really enjoyed our time together. But we do need to make things how they were.”

Luna looked back at Rarity and asked, “I know,... but...I just wanted to have fun for once on Nightmare Night, and I finally am I don’t know if I’m ready for this night to end?”

Just then the ceiling exploded with rotten wood and marble rained down on the crowd. Everypony looked up as the dust cleared and Nightmare Moon slowly came down with her stary blue mane flying through the air, with her glaring blue eyes glaring down at them with a wicked sneer and roared, “I am Nightmare Moon! The bringer of darkness and the eternal night I am happy to see many ponies enjoying the eternal night’s festivities!”

Many ponies cheered and clapped their hooves, but most of them all cowered and shivered as they bowed before the eternal princess of the night. Luna turned around at Nightmare Moon with a meancing glare and growled, “I’m the princess of the night here not you!”

Nightmare moon burst into laughter “as if! Your nothing more than just an insignificant fly. Now buzz off before I swat you."

Luna growled and snarled as she lunged at Nightmare Moon but she was surrounded by a thick wall of dark fog as Nightmare night’s magic swelled into Luna’s mouth she tried to scream but could do nothing. Twilight attacked shooting energy from her horn Rainbow dash tried to attack with her scythe even Rarity eyes grew red as she flew at Nightmare moon with her hooves outstretched and her fangs bearing down. The evil entity just smirked as she used her magic to shoot them all down and they all suddenly started to be thrown to the ground with dark tendrils wrapping around them. There seemed to be no escape for the ponies and Luna could do nothing. She tore at the tendrils, but they seem unbreakable. After fighting and trying to snap the tendrils with her teeth, and without realizing the sparkling red jewel around her neck glew with a strange aura and turned the tendrils into a mass of slithering snakes. Luna's face went blanche with terror as the snakes slid off her body. She shivered and looked up at Nightmare Moon who was about to perform another spell. But Luna's jewel seemed to have a mind of its own as Nightmare Moon screamed as she was shoved into an open fancy violet coffin that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

Nightmare Moon could be heard bucking and shouting curses as Luna admired the coffin with Rarity's cutie mark printed on the front encased Nightmare Moon inside as it was wrapped in some beautiful black ribbons. Luna blushed seeing the coffin looked more like some fancy present. But The mare didn't waste any time and the jeweled brooch glowed red once again to turn the tendrils wrapped around her friends into masses of snakes as well. She waited for the reptiles to slither off before she began to help them up. The princess of the night then went by each friend one by one. First to Rainbow Dash, then Twilight, then Rarity, and Applejack was the last pony Luna grudingly threw onto her back as she shouted, “hang on were getting the buck out of here!” She then flew through the roof and rode off into the air at breakneck speed.

Author's Note:

I apologize this took forever to update.