• Published 18th Oct 2018
  • 2,070 Views, 36 Comments

Nightmare Night Town - Foal Star



On Princess Luna's first Nightmares Night she wanted it to last longer. But when she casted her spell it instead grew out of control and transformed Ponyville into a Town for Nightmare Night.

  • ...
4
 36
 2,070

Chapter five: Pinkie Saw

Luna swooped down over Ponyville and landed at the front of where Sugarcube Corner. Here she let the ponies disembarked one by one, and they were all dazed and confused on what just happened.

Twilight looked over to see a giant gingerbread house with white frosting lining the house holding it together like mortar. Candy canes and gumdrops decorated the house and on the door was a giant peppermint. The ponies looked upon the gingerbread house with awe seeing it was just Sugarcube Corner transformed.

Rainbow Dash looked up and grumbled, "so...looks like Sugarcube corner didn't change that much?"

Applejack shrugged, "eh, looks more like a gingerbread house then it did before."

Twilight eventually just turned her attention towards Luna and asked, “what in the hay is going on Luna? Why did Nightmare Moon return.”

The princes of the night turned around and sighed, “I’m not sure, I swear when I accidentally cast the spell in the Pool of nightmares. I honestly didn’t expect Nightmare Moon to return.”

Rainbow Dash fixed her hood over her head and grumbled, “just wonderful, maybe next time don't do that next year.”

Rarity flew over to Luna and hugged her as she squealed in delight. “Darling, I have to say though I saw how you defeated Nightmare Moon was that my coffin you used?”

Luna blushed remembering the odd coffin and nervously explained. ”Well kind of, yeah it was the first thing that came in my mind. Even as a vampire you have quite the taste in fashion.”

The white-coated vampire’s face flushed with red. “Oh stop, your making me blush.”

Applejack who was adjusting her head asked, “so besides the fact were being chased by Nightmare Moon what do we do next?”

Luna turned around towards the boutique with her eyes furrowed and growled, “you all need to leave and find somewhere to hide. I can take care of Nightmare Moon by myself.”

Twilight turned around and shook her head as she explained. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I think it would be a better idea if we headed to the Everfree Forest to end this curse.”


Luna rolled her eyes as she glared back at Twilight and shouted, “I told you! I want this night to continue. I just want to defeat Nightmare Moon!”

Rainbow Dash rubbed a skeletal hoof down her face as she groaned, “you have got to be kidding me.”

Twilight growled, “you still don’t get it! Nightmare moon is most likely in the corner of this nightmare. It’ll continue forever unless you can drop that bucking brooch in the pool of nightmares.”

Luna stomped a hoof with frustration and shouted. “Not until I defeat Nightmare Moon then I can reverse this dream whenever I want!”

Applejack was going to say something, but out of nowhere, the doors to Sugarcube Corner and a fat ugly witch came wobbling outside.

She was obese wearing what to seem like a giant black apron with a moldy black moldy bonnet wrapped around her head. The mare looked around with her face now a sickening green color and asked in craggy voice, “what are you all doing here?”

Everypony turned around at the giant earth pony who looked a lot like Twilight’s witch form with a giant nose with a huge wart on it. The Other witch looked up and asked, “so your a witch too!?”

The mare looked up and blushed, “well which witch did you think I would be?”

The two witches both roared with laughter and cackled loudly. Every pony just rolled their eyes at the terrible pun. Luna came forward and asked, “hello Mrs.Cake I have a question to ask? Do you and your family love this nightmare?”

Mrs. Cake cackled some more and replied in a sweet buttery tone. “Well I have to say, it has been quite amazing in fact if you come with me. I wish to have dinner with you.”

Luna turned around and winked at them as she continued into the house the rest of the troupe rolled their eyes but as they entered the gingerbread house. Inside it was colorful with candy being the decorations placed everywhere within. But as the ponies slowly trotted over the soft floor which felt like they were walking on a cake. The troupe came in the middle of the room was Mr. Cake, but he was made of wood with his body dressed in a torn and ragged clown costume wearing a creepy jester hat. But he was squealing in freight and annoyance as he was being danced around by two scaly monsters laughing maniacally while throwing pies and other sweets into his face. Twilight wanted to say something but out of nowhere Luna was shoved into an oven, and the door slammed shut. Mrs. Cake turned around burst into evil laughter Twilight shouted, “hey you leave her alone!”

She tried to tackle the other witch, but Mrs. Cake just took her and threw her aside. Just as Rainbow Dash took her scythe and tried to attack Mrs. Cake only to be slammed in the face by pies. Applejack was going to attack, but the gremlins took her head and started to toss it back and forth as she shouted “ugh not again! What are these things!”

Mrs. Cake turned around and laughed, “they’re my gremlins, and they are here to bring havoc among my enemies. Now while Luna cooks! You'll be stuffed with sweats until your plump enough to eat!”

The rest of the ponies stepped back in freight. But suddenly out of nowhere a giant piece of candy corn enveloped Mrs. Cake in ist buttery hard coated candy. The mare kicked and shouted, but Luna flew down from the ceiling and scoffed, “you think an oven could take me down?”

Rarity came out of hiding and hugged Luna. ”Oh thank Celestia your ok!”

Luna chuckled as she hugged Rarity back, “woah, Celestia is a term!?”

Rarity waved a hoof. “Oh darling, I meant thank Luna!”

Luna laughed and scoffed at the notion, “thanking myself for saving myself. “

Twilight rolled her eyes and exclaimed, ”okay we get it, but we should get going.”

Luna nodded, and they tried to leave Sugarcube Corner. But Luna tried to turn the door knob and realised that the door was locked. The princess eyed the door just as she looked down and saw that the brooch was somehow missing. She turned around to see Pinkie Pie, but her face was a pasty white with two red spirals going around her cheeks. When Pinkie spoke it sounded like her voice was recorded on a tape. “Oh I got your brooch! To get it back you need to play a little game!”

Pinkie Pie bounced off as Luna flew after her and shouted: “bring that back you little pig!”

She then burst into another room and saw that her friends were somehow now all trapped in a cage dangling over a pot of some boiling potion on the right side of the room. While the brooch was now in a small cage dangling over a similar cauldron with the same bubbling potion on the left side of the room. In the middle, there were two barrels filled with water and apples bobbing on the surface placed in the middle of the room. Pinkie Pie was on top of a podium as she exclaimed, “now to get the brooch your going to have to play a little game, on either side of the room where your friends and the fate of the brooch hang in the balance. Question is what do you care more about?”

Luna gulped, and she began to sweat a little looking at both barrels filled with apples. She groaned seeing the cage with her friends screaming and shouting her to help as it slowly fell towards the right cauldron. She didn't have a choice and began to bob for apples from the right barrel and started getting her friends cage away from the boiling potion with all of the ponies inside sighing in relief. Luna groaned but continued to bob for apples taking out one at a time saving her friends but had to watch with a disgruntled expression as the cage with the brooch inside as it slowly dipped into the boiling potion. Twilight turned to Pinkie with a concerned look and shouted at her friend, ”Pinkie stop it! We need that brooch to stop this madness!”

Pinkie blinked with confusion and asked, “huh you sure?!”

Twilight eyed Pinkie Pie and asked, ”why would I lie to you Pinke? Besides what's gotten into you? why are you trying to kill us!?”

Pinkie shrugged, ”not sure, I just had an urge to play a game besides I'm not trying to kill you, that “potion” is really just baking soda and vinegar.”

Luna blinked for a few seconds before she reared up and roared “seriously!?” She then flew at Pinkie who bounced off squealing as Luna shouted, ”I’m going to kill you get back here! I'll drink you dry!”

She then turned to see her friend all laughing and Rarity flew in and gave Luna a hug. The princess of the night sighed, “well I didn't really save your lives...besides how did you know I would make the right choice?”

Rarity blushed as she cooed, “hey darling, don’t worry I trust you’ll always make the right decision.”

Luna looked down in shame knowing that somthing inside her wanted to go for the brooch instead. But just then she turned to see Dr whooves as the giant metal clock with striking eleven and sighed seeing she only had one hour left before the nightmare becomes permanent. Luna gave a nod and relented, ”fine, I’ll go and end the nightmare.”

Everypony cheered, and they all followed suit out of the crazy torture room and into the kitchen where Mr. Cake was still dangling by strings and being totured by the gremlins. the marionette lookes upon the troupe of horrors and pleaded, ”please hurry and stop this! I don’t know how much more I can take!”

Luna blushed as she used the brooch’s magic to detach Mr.Cake and send the gremlins turning them into fluffy and cute looking creatures. Mr. Cake blushed and waved a hoof. “Uh thanks!?”

Luna waved a hoof and replied, “it's no problem.” Pinkie just bounced off as she chirped, “Oh hey Mr. Cake I didn't know the cake twins were Mogwai!”

Mr.Cake just dragged a hoof down his face and exclaimed, “they're what now!?”

pinkie laughed out loud and chirped “oh don't worry about it all you need to know are three rules. First, just don't shine a bright light at them, second don't ever give them baths, and the third rule is most important don't ever feed them after midnight.”

They all then left started to leave the room until all that was left was the Cake family with the two Mogwai mulling about cooing and nuzzling Mr. Cake. The stallion was just plopped down and took a wooden hoof over his mane made of yarn. He was just staring at his wife still trapped in a giant piece of candy corn in disbelief, screaming and cursing Luna's name. The stallion just shook his head and just mumbled, “what the buck is going on?”