• Published 15th Sep 2018
  • 1,169 Views, 35 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season VIII - DakariKingMykan



The ponies face an evil that demands strength, and a computer virus program terrorizing the electronic systems

  • ...
120
 35
 1,169

Episode 24: Part 1: Double Dealing

EPISODE TWENTY-FOUR

A few days had passed, now it was really time-- Lightning and his team were ready to head to Ainzul.

Celestia used her magic to change outfits, from her royal gown and robe to her old warrior outfit which she had not worn in ages-- chest armor, gauntlets, a little red cape in back.

“It still looks great on you.” said Grand Ruler.

His wife winked at him.

The rest of the Equestrian ponies stood ready, but not one of them had transformed. Lightning had suggested that they all save power for the battles ahead, and even he himself did not transform.

Swift was present as well. Though he was standing tall and proud with the others, Lightning had to ask “Are you alright?”

Swift nodded, “Yeah, yeah, I’m fine… you know, considering I’ve never been so scared before in my life.”

Lightning padded on the shoulder, “Can’t give in now. We got a job to do.”

Swift nodded, promising to be as brave as he could be.

The Equestrian ponies were a little more nervous than he was. “We haven’t been to Ainzul since Stammadon was freed.” said Fluttershy “And we’ve only seen what it looks like in memory images.”

The girls knew the planet was bound to be far more nightmarish and darker now.

“I’m more concerned about Celestia.” said Applejack “She ain’t ever been to Ainzul at all.” She spoke softly however, hoping Celestia wouldn’t hear, but she did anyway. “You needn’t worry about me. I’m all for adventure, and besides I can’t turn down a call when I am needed most.”

Princess Luna asked, “Sister, are you sure you wouldn’t like me to accompany you? I have been to Ainzul before, and I can be of great help there.”

“That’s very swell of you,” said Celestia “But really, I’ll be okay, and you will be needed much more here.”

“She’s right,” agreed Grand Ruler “When, and if, Stammadon decides to suddenly attack, we’re going be as ready for him as we can be.”

Luna complied, and vowed to help her friends as best she could.


Soon, it was time for the team to head off. “Is the course plotted, Krysta?” asked Lightning.


“It sure is.” said Krysta “I’ve conjured a pathway that will take you over to the far side of Ainzul. That way Stammadon won’t see you coming.”

Rainbow snickered, “Boy, is he going to be steamed when he sees us sneaking up on him.”

Pinkie looked pumped up and ready to go as she posed herself-- bouncing and punching the air, and taking a swing that nearly hit Rarity, “Please, darling, be careful!”

“Sorry, caught up in the moment.”

Celestia cleared her throat, and the mares all stood straight at tall. Swift did too.

Before setting out, the loved ones did bid their spouses good luck.

Lightning hugged Starla, “Well, team’s all yours… again.”

His wife giggled softly, “I feel like the general about to take her first step.”

“I promise you this: when we get out of this, I can see those four stars on your shoulders.”

Starla smiled.


Spike almost couldn’t bring himself to let go of Rarity, “If anything happens to you out there… I… well I…”

“It’s alright, dear.” She whispered to him “I feel the same, but… promise me, you’ll take care of Twilight for me.”

“…I promise.”

Really, Spike wanted to keep that promise. After all, there was still the possibility that neither one of them would make it out alive, but they couldn’t let it bother them.

Rhymey embraced Fluttershy and kissed her deeply, and she threw her arms around his neck pulling him harder and kissing him deeper. “I love you.” she said with her lips against his.

“I love you too!” he Rhymed when then separated.

“Tell Button Fly, Mommy loves him.”

Her husband nodded.

Grand Ruler and Celestia held hands, feeling a little uncomfortable, not just for themselves but for the other couples too. Grand Ruler suggested, “I think maybe you should go before this gets emotional.”

His wife agreed, and pecked him deeply on the cheek, and then she proceeded to go to her team, when her husband pulled her back softly, and they, too, embraced deeply, and when they separated Grand Ruller looked deeply at his wife, “…Good luck.”

She nodded bravely.

Lightning clenched his fists and got a hold of himself, and said to his team “…Let’s go.”

The ladies all agreed and stood together with him. “Come on, Swift.” said Lightning, and his students joined him. Lightning then nodded at Krysta to do.

“And away you go…!” Krysta said, and with a wave of her wand, she warped the team off into space along her special pathway.

“Good luck, guys.” said Buddy.

“I really hope they make it.” added Artie.

Everyone felt the same, and then Grand Ruler got a hold of himself and cleared his throat, “Report to your stations.”

Starla was the only one who started off, and when she saw the others all still hesitating, “Hey!” she snapped “You heard his majesty, now shake a leg!”

As she was the commander in charge, the men obeyed and followed her to their stations.



On Ainzul, Stammadon was preparing for his attack.

A the foot of his home mountain he had put his new Rock Gator swarm though small training and seeing just how strong they were, with Rai Shi leading them.

“Attack…!” Rai Shi shouted, and the Gators all lunged forth, roaring and growling as they demonstrated their fierce strengths.

Just their huge, strong feet alone were enough to shake the grounds slightly, and they weren’t even grown to giant size yet. Their big heads alone were as solid as the big rocks and spires that were their targets--- they plowed right through those rocks as if they were made of paper.

Their swords and clubs were just as powerful too. The gators were large and bulky, but swift and sneaky as well and could wield those weapons like deadly warriors.

One of the gators swung its club at Rai Shi, and he blocked him with his huge arms. The two pushed each other away.

The Gator then swing it’s sword at him…

“FIST OF FORCE” he swung his fist straight at the huge blade, only to create a huge explosion that knocked him back along the ground hard, but the Gator was hardly fazed.

The Gator then bashed his huge club on the ground making a small quake that nearly knocked everyone off their feet.

Finally, the gator opened its huge mouth as a big glow of burning energy began to form, and it spit it out like a huge meteorite!

KAPOW!! What an explosion, almost powerful enough to wipe out the temple had they trained in it, yet there was a huge crater in the ground where the blast had hit.

The villains were most pleased.

“Marvellous!” cheered Rai Shi, but he still shook his aching hand.

Stammadon snickered “Wonderful. Their strength is already as great as an army, and they will only grow stronger as they absorb more fear and darkness.”

En Shi agreed, “United Equestria will finally have met its match.” she paused a minute, thinking back to Swift Star.

Tan Shi could tell, “Don’t you think it’s about time you got over that fool? He has shown no interest in you, and he is still our enemy.”

“She is right,” agreed Rai Shi “All our enemies will be destroyed-- no arguments.”

“I’m well aware of that, and I support it to the end.” sneered En Shi.

“Enough!” snapped Stammadon “It is time to launch the attack. Leave two of the Rock Gators here. We won’t be leaving the temple completely vulnerable.”

The black and white gators remained behind, while Rai Shi hopped atop the huge red gator ready to lead the force to United Equestria, “In all my years of fighting, never have I been so excited!”

Then he and his army of eight were off, vanishing out of sight.

Suddenly, Stammadon stiffened and felt something was wrong.

“What is it?” asked En Shi.

Stammadon could feel a slight hint of pure energy off in the distance of the planet, and it was seemingly getting stronger as the source got closer. “…We’ve got company coming.”

Tan Shi growled and flexed her claws, and En Shi narrowed her eyes.

The villains all retreated up the mountain and back into their temple to prepare for their uninvited guests.


Lightning and the mares had already flown a long way from their original landing area. Celestia carried Swift, who couldn’t fly, alongside her via her telekinesis.

Just the same, Celestia couldn’t believe how dark and desolate the planet seemed, what with all the darkness in the skies and all the empty villages that used to be bustling with the peaceful Ainzulians.

The other five mares were just as appalled, “That Stammadon really boils my blood!” grumbled Rainbow.

“I agree with you,” said Rarity “The sooner we put him out of action, the sooner this planet can look acceptable again.”

Swift Star remained silent the entire journey, deep in his thoughts.

“Are you alright?” Celestia asked.

Swift snapped out of his trance, “I was just thinking about Striker. I still hope we can save him, if not… well…”

“We’ll worry about that when we get there.” said Lightning.

“Look! There’s the mountain region!” cried Pinkie.

“Alright, it’s game time.” said Applejack.

They entered the region, and landed at the base of Stammadon’s mountain and the first thing they saw were massive mounds of rubble, shattered rocks, and grooves in the ground.

“Oh, my…! What happened here?” wondered Fluttershy.

Celestia and Lightning inspected the grooves in the ground, and determined how fresh they were. “Something’s been here,” said Lightning “…Something very strong and dangerous.”

Celestia agreed, “Obviously your suspicions were right, Lightning-- Stammadon is up to something, and whatever it is, it cannot be good.”

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, there was a loud crash, that shook the ground and nearly knocked everyone off their feet, followed by a loud growl.

Everyone turned round and saw the snarling rock gator. Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rarity SCREAMED, while the others gawked in horrors.

“Looks like the welcomin’ party’s here!” said Applejack.

“Quick, up the mountain!” shouted Lightning, and he and the others all soared straight up the mountainside. “WHOA…!!!” Swift cried as Celestia pulled him along with her magic. “I think I’m going to be airsick!” but then he noticed the gator was actually bounding up the mountainside.

“He’s on our tail!”

Lightning looked down and saw the creature chasing them, and it prepared to fire its meteor-ball. “Watch out!”

The meteor was fired, and everyone swerved as the blast went right past them, striking the mountainside and causing rocks and boulders to come tumbling down.

“AVALANCHE…!!” Pinkie shouted.

The team soared up way higher to avoid the rocks, and they all crashed into the Rock Gator pushing him back down the slopes.

“Take that, ya overgrown lizard!” taunted Rainbow, but right then, another meteor flew past just barely missing her, “What the…?!”

“There’s another one!” cried Fluttershy.

A second Rock Gator was leaping along the slopes and gaining on the team, with his comrade coming up behind!

“Look! There’s the temple!” shouted Lightning.

Suddenly, as they were flying over the gate and into the dojo, they were blasted at by many shots and ice pellets from within the temple walls, each and every one of them were hit and were going down like falling aircrafts, and they all crashed down hard in the dojo ring, unconscious.

Stammadon, the two girl Shis stepped out from the shadows. “Take them to the holding dungeon.” ordered Stammadon.

Tan Shi agreed and began to round up the fallen fighters, while En Shi gazed at Swift. Normally she’d be going completely gaga to be seeing him, but her face remained straight and narrowed.

She turned to her master to ask him, and Stammadon quickly answered, “Do as you wish with him, but in a cell, and I warn you… if he causes us any trouble at all, I will discipline you!”

“Understood.” agreed En Shi.

Stammadon nodded fiercely and gawked down at Swift. All at once he felt a little strange and put his hand to his head. “What’s wrong?” asked Tan Shi.

Stammadon shook himself awake, stopping Striker’s inner spirit from awakening within him again. “Just do as you are told!” he thundered, and he walked off leaving the minions to take their prisoners.



At the same time, the skies were growing dark over New Canterlot, and large, heavy footsteps were shaking the land.

“This is it!” said Goldwin “They’re coming this way!”

Grand Ruler and Princess Luna agreed.

“Battle stations…!” Grand Ruler announced, and the warning alarm sounded as the guards and fighters took up their posts.

“About time,” said Dyno “I don’t think I could stay on standby any longer.”

“Focus, bro,” said Myte “…It’s go-time!”

All the soldiers were already transformed, and all the knights had taken up their positions.

Starla led her Starfleet unit and other soldiers out through the palace gate. The army rushed out through the village and were joined by other fighters charging from their standby posts and increasing the army.

Then suddenly, they stopped!

“Where are the enemies?”

“Something’s not right here.”

The fighters kept chattering and wondering where the evil was, but Starla and her friends knew they were near.

“Where are you?” Starla muttered under her breath.

“Hey, look!” cried Buddy, and everyone could see the swarm of rock gators stomping towards the borders of the village.

“What the heck are those?” asked Artie.

Rhymey tried to scan them, but they were so strong

“Whatever they are, they don’t read out,
But better move, Starla, lead out.”

“Hey, let me give the orders.” Starla said, but she agreed and called to the team “Let’s go!” and they all headed straight for the swarm of gators.

“Attack!” shouted Starla.

“STARLIGHT ARROW”

“LEAF SWARM”

“PAINT BOMBS”

“DRILL QUILL”

“BOOM-BOOM ROCKETS!”

Other ponies fired whatever magical blasts they could, either from their horns or from whatever weapons they carried, and those gators just took those blasts, hardly feeling a thing.

The sound of evil laughter was heard, and Spike could see atop the red gator, “…It’s Rai Shi!”

“Correct!” Rai Shi hollered back “How are you liking my new Rock Gators? Are you impressed by their ability to take anything you can throw at them?”

The entire force stood there with furious expressions.

“Well then,” hissed Rai Shi “Perhaps they should demonstrate their own powers!

…Attack!!”

The gators all opened their huge mouths and the burning energy began to form.

“Everyone get ready!” said Starla.

The Gators then fired their meteors straight at the army, only for Krysta and her fairies to jump in and combine their powers to create the biggest double warp portals. In the blasts went to one portal, and were spit out through the second straight into the sky.

KAPOW!! A huge explosion!

“Whoa! Talk about heavy fire-power!” said Krysta.

Starla realized these guys were a lot tougher than they looked. Only she and her friends had their super mode armor, which would be their best chance, but she didn’t dare risk the other righters.

She fluttered up and addressed her friends, “You guys come with me! The rest of you stay at the perimeter, and charged all your weapons and power as high as you possibly can while we hold the monsters off.”

The soldiers all saluted to her, and Starla and he friends all rushed out to confront Rai Shi.

“You cannot be serious?” he sneered “Leave your army behind so that the seven of you can play the heroes?”

Spike scoffed, “That’s what you think!” and he used the energy from the darkness in the sky to transform, once again, into the Majestic Dragon.

“Now it’s our turn.” said Starla “You ready, guys?”

The boys all nodded, and together they all shouted, “SUPER MODE… ACTIVATE!!”

All their suits glowed, and when the light faded they all sparkled once again. “Let’s do this!” sneered Starla.

Rai Shi only laughed, “Your new super powers will not save you this time!” and he raised his arms up, roaring at the skies. All at once, the darkness struck like lightning at the gators, making them expand and grow in size.

“Uh… guys…” whimpered Buddy.

The gators were now twice as Big as before, almost as huge as Spike was, and Rai Shi was still laughing at them, “If only the greatest fighting judges could see me now.”

Spike narrowed his eyes and roared like the dragon he was before charging forth. “Spike wait…!” shouted Starla but Spike had already rammed at one of the gators, pushing it back slightly but hardly damaging it.

The gator swung its huge sword, which Spike caught, but then the gator bashed him back with his spiked club.

“Spike!” shouted Artie.

Starla growled and lunged forth hollering, “Come on, guys!”

The others followed her, splitting up to attack the other gators.

“Get them!!” shouted Rai Shi.

His gator went straight for Starla, swinging it’s sword at her. She leapt up high dodging it. Then the gator swung its club, but Starla swerved and went straight for its huge face, “Take this!”

WHAMM!! The gator was struck hard and growled in pain, but was still only knocked back just a few paces and hardly damaged much.

“You’ll have to do better than that!” laughed Rai Shi, and his gator to another swing at Starla which she dodged.

Buddy did the same thing as he battled his own gator-- he dodged the sword, and then found himself between both it and the gator’s club. “AAH!!” he screamed

The gator took a huge swing with both weapons, and Buddy waited until the last moment and then zipped out of the way, causing the monster to strike his own weapons and knocking each one out of his hands.

The creature roared furiously.

“Whoa, let’s talk about this!” said Buddy, but the gator only charged at him. “Guess not!”

The gator then prepared to launch his meteor at him, “Oh, no you don’t!” sneered Buddy, “VINE WHIP” he gripped his whip tightly, “…Extend!” His horn glowed and his whip magically extended, lassoing around the gators huge jaws, holding them shut as the energy continued to build inside, making a big explosion within the monsters mouth.

Even then, smoke flew from the monster’s nostrils, but still the creature hardly seemed damaged, and he swung his arms at Buddy, swatting him hard almost like a fly and sent him soaring way back in midair.

Artie and Rhymey each battled one other gator. They swerved and dodged each gator’s swing with their weapons.

“These guys may be big but they sure pack some fight!” said Artie.

Rhymey agreed,

“We can’t let that stop us… not now,
There has to be a way to be them… somehow!”

Right away the two ponies got an idea!

They dodged the gators’ attacks again, and then fluttered nearly back-to-back by one another. “Wait for it…” said Artie, and just as the gators charged for the ponies, “Now!” Artie and Rhymey zipped off causing the big brutes to smash into each other and fall to the ground with a huge thud that shook everything.

The soldiers at the village borders nearly fell off their feet. How they desperately wanted to get out there and help, but Krysta and her fairies refused to let any of them pass threatening to teleport anyone who tried right back to their starting point.

“You were all given your orders, so stay here and charge up your powers!” Krysta sneered at them.

The fighters all protested.

“We can’t just sit here and do nothing!”

“We should be out there trying to help them!”

“Or is it because you don’t want us to help?”

“Yeah… you want THEM to take all the glory again?”

Krysta scowled.

“That’s quite enough!” sneered a voice. Everyone turned and saw Grand Ruler and Princess Luna fluttering overhead. “You were all trained better than this.” Grand Ruler said “Remember every Starfleet officer is just as important as any other, and we all can play our roles just fine.”

The fighters still would have protested, but Luna spoke up, “You all will not do anything by rushing out there and getting yourselves destroyed. Without the Super Mode and experiences that the fighters out there possess, you will not stand a chance.”

Grand Ruler nodded “At least this way, you can help us with any idea we have that just might work. So what’s it going to be?”


Many of the soldiers realized how right she was. Without super mode, or the kind of experiences Starla and the others had, they wouldn’t stand much of a chance. So they complied and remained where they all were continuing to charge up.

Their majesties remained where they were, and watched the fight. They were pleased that Starla and her team were managing to at least hold the invaders back, but they also wondered how the team on Ainzul were faring.



Lightning soon awoke to find himself bound to a solid steel wall somewhere deep within Stammadon’s temple-- held to the wall by a magical, invisible barrier, obviously created by Tan Shi.

His arms were spread out and his legs were bound tightly. He couldn’t seem to move an inch, and he could slowly see all the ladies were in the same fix as he-- bound to the walls with the same barriers, and they too were starting to awakening.

“What happened?” asked Pinkie.

“I feel like a herd of cattle just stomped on Me.” groaned Applejack.

Some of the ponies began to struggle to try and get down.

“Don’t bother,” hissed Tan Shi “I’ve used my best symbol power. None of you will be getting down so easily this time.”

Stammadon was standing near her. “I see you had a run in with my rock gators. Much as it would be nice had they destroyed you, at least I have you where I need you now.”

Lightning and Celestia narrowed their eyes at him and growled softly.

“You can make faces at me all you like,” hissed Stammadon “This does not change the circumstances. Not only are you unable to free yourselves, or even reach your energy sources to empower yourselves, even as we speak, I am draining your energies.”

He was right, some of the ponies started feeling a little woozy. This was all thanks to Tan Shi’s barrier, and was all part of Stammadon’s plot. “With the power and magic you all wield, nothing will stop me from conquering the galaxy and ruling a world were only the strong thrive and the weak perish.”

“You monster!” sneered Celestia “You will never get away with this, I assure you! Evil will never prosper.”

“Silence!” snapped Tan Shi “If that were true, why are we one step away from total victory?”

Rainbow angrily struggled to try and break free, “You wait until I get a hold of you psychos!”

“Rainbow Dash, stop!” cried Rarity “You’re just increasing the power drain.”

Stammadon snickered “It makes no difference to me. You’ll all soon be destroyed, just like your weak friends on your planet!”

Celestia clenched her fists in anger and worry for United Equestria.

Then, Lightning noticed, “Swift Star… Where is he?”



Stammadon didn’t answer, but swift was being held in another dungeon, with strong bars on his cell and reinforced solid walls that were too strong for him to break down with his strength.

He was already wide awake, but looking miserable for being caught and worried about Lightning and the others.

Then, he could hear footsteps coming for him. “Who’s there?” he called out through the bars, and En Shi stepped in from the shadows, much to his discomfort.

En Shi gazed at him deeply, not quite with the same lovey-dovey expression she usually exhibited. “Swift Star.”


To Be Continued…!


(Promo)

In our next episode: The battle continues with great difficulty for the team on United Equestria, which isn’t nearly as dangerous as the fight that ensues in the temple as Stammadon fights mercilessly and is forced to struggle with Stiker’s inner spirit resurfacing.

Can our heroes finally vanquish the great evil, or will it have to be done at the price of another’s life?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Part 2: Try, try the pain”)