• Published 15th Sep 2018
  • 1,158 Views, 35 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season VIII - DakariKingMykan



The ponies face an evil that demands strength, and a computer virus program terrorizing the electronic systems

  • ...
120
 35
 1,158

Episode 4: Brain Storming

Author's Note:

Wow... so many downvotes after so few chapters; such immaturity.

EPISODE FOUR

Early one morning, the sun rose, and birds were tweeting, but in the royal palace grounds in New Canterlot, the royals knights and Starfleet cadets were already up and starting their training.

“CHAAAAAAAAAAARGE…!!” Captain Shaina shouted, and the cadets all rushed forth to attack their dummy targets while dodging light blasts shot at them.

“Steady on!

Dodge the blasts!

Hit your targets clean in the middle!”

Among the swarm of cadets, was a light bluish grey Earth Pony stallion. He had a short mane with two toned streaks of darker grey. Painted on his beige armor was a picture of his cutiemark; a black belt with golden stars around it.

As he trained he kept telling himself within, “Come on, Swift Star, you can do this! You can do this!”


Suddenly, Swift and all the cadets began to fumble from trying too hard, or lack of confidence. They all ran into each other, got hit by the blasts, and a few cadets went sailing up over the walls.

“NO!! NO… NO!!!” cried Shaina.

All the cadets lay about, groaning and moaning, and as usual many of them felt there was no point. “We’ll never be as strong as Lightning Dawn is.” they complained.

Captain Shaina wouldn’t hear a word of this. “I am getting really tired of all this whining! You’re not here to try to be like Commander Lightning, you’re here because you want to help protect this planet.

So get whatever fool thoughts you have out of your minds and get back to training!”

The cadets complied, but still didn’t feel it would make a difference, especially not to Swift, “I came in first place in all my judo classes, and I can’t make the Starfleet grade! Even my cousin, Striker couldn’t make it, and they expelled him!” he sighed softly and he thought of Lightning and his team and how incredibly powerful they were, and how he longed to be as good as they were, but now he really didn’t think it possible anymore.

“I might as well think of quitting.”


Shaina sighed, fearing this couldn’t go on much longer; the cadets always doubting themselves and failing to meet expectations and make the grade.

She feared if something wasn’t done soon, Starfleet and the royal guard would come to a serious disaster in future.


Lightning and his team had been awake much earlier, and were up on the moon catching up on some special training which they had been at for many months.

During their previous battles with the wicked treasure hunter, Sienna, the coating around her monstrous starship was a strong alloy that could deflect enemy fire and serve a great form of protection and strength boosting.

Sienna’s ship had long since crashed on the moon and was converted into a Starfleet lunar base, and it’s alloy coating had been polymerized to designed newer, considerably stronger battle wear for Starfleet to use.

Unfortunately, the armor was discovered to be far too heavy to be of too much use, even for a fighter’s current strength, and this could not be fixed without damaging the armor.

For many months, Lightning and his team had been training up on the moon under the low gravity to build up their own strengths to make better use of the Super Armor, and the training was greatly beginning show its results!

At first, the team could hardly stand upright or move about too well with the armor donned.
Now, they were able to perform all their best moves with greater ease.

Lightning leapt up high, and a load of boulders were catapulted straight at him, and he skillfully punched, kicked and even head-butt those huge rocks, shattering them into pebbles with his great strength.

His friends were down below testing similar skills; fighting against enchanted puppet clones of monsters, and skillfully wiping them out without much effort.

Rainbow was even testing how fast she could go by deactivating her super armor, and flying around the moon hundreds of times in just a few seconds. “Whoa! I wish the Wonderbolts could see me now.” she gloated.

Others were testing out their weapons and combat skills. Rhymey was fencing with Spike. The two swordsmen thrust and jabbed their practice blades. Even though Rhymey was still much stronger than Spike, both their skills were proving to be immensely increased with their new speeds.

Spike even managed to strike Rhymey a couple of times off guard too.

“This is fantastic!” said Spike “I wish Rarity were here to see this.”

Sadly, his distraction allowed Rhymey to strike him hard.

“Do not be distracted now,
Keep up the pace and how.”

Spike agreed and they both continued their sparing.


Pinkie Pie chopped a huge rock to bits with one hit.

Applejack lifted up a small mountain in her arms, while Buddy pushed a much larger mountain, several yards away from where it once stood. They both winked at one another.

Starla stood in one place, with Dyno and Myte staring her down from a distance. She motioned with her hands for them to “Do it!”

The Twins dashed froth straight at her, leapt up high, meeting each other overhead and joining hands, “BOOM-BOOM FIREBALLS!”

They bombarded Starla all around with their flames, and she just stood there taking every hit… and not feeling a thing. Not even a slight tingle, not even her mane nor her tail got so much as singed!

Starla then let out huge ROAR, and her magical aura burst out, enveloping her body. The force was so massive it made the ground shake and all the others stopped to gawk in awe at her.

Starla fired a huge magical blast out into space, and it detonated in a bright flash much to the amazement of the others.

“Wow! Starla’s getting real tough.” Artie said as he crushed a rock in his bare hand.

Starla calmed down and caught her breath. Lightning landed near her, “Looking cool, honey.”

She pecked him on the mouth for that “Thank you, dear. To be honest, I’m a bit amazed myself I did that.”

Lightning then called the training period closed “Let’s head home.” he called to the others. He really wanted to get home to check on Shining Light, whom he and Starla left in Krysta’s care.

Rhymey, Buddy and Spike wanted to get home to their own wives and check up on them as well. Rarity and Fluttershy were the only team members not present, they couldn’t be while pregnant, and their drones had no reason to train either.

Everyone packed up their gear and rocketed off to the planet below.



Meanwhile, on Planet Ainzul…

Stammadon, in Striker’s body, had called his minions forth.

“You called for us, master.” said Rai Shi.

“Yes.” hissed Stammadon “Everything is all set. Thanks to the power we’ve managed to harness from the fearful and dark emotions, I’ve established contacting-points with the planet United Equestria. We’ll be able to send our armies there to gather more fear to make us stronger.”

Kara Shi was cackling with glee “Just let me at them all! I’ll make them cry their little eyes off… then I’ll CUT their eyes out!”

He began to go hyper, jumping off stone columns, slicing his sword around, and accidently cut off a banner, falling with it to the ground, much to the disdain of Tan Shi who rolled her eyes.

Tan Shi then asked Stammadon, “When do we begin, sir?”

“Immediately.” replied Stammadon “I’ve already selected and freed the monster for the job… Stratos!”

The monster came forth: He seemed a normal sized humanoid, with blue skin, thick armor, a solid monstrous mask over his face, and on his back he wore a special pack that was connected by thick wirings to his wristbands.

“Ahh, I remember him.” said En Shi “You have the power to manipulate and control weather.”

Stratos snickered, “Yes! A good strong wing and a thundering rain ought to strike up some fear.” He then turned to face Stammadon “As you wish, my lord, I’ll get you what you desire.”

“You had better.” sneered Stammadon “And if Starfleet should interfere, you know what to do.”

Stratos nodded “No one shall stand up to the storms I can conjure.”

Rai Shi grumbled to himself, “His confidence is strong, but we shall see if his actions can equal that.”




When Lightning and Starla got home with their baby, Lightning wrote out his report to send to the royal palace.

“Progress report:

Our training over the months is proving beneficial. Not only are getting better at using the new Super Mode Armor, but even without it, our strengths, speeds and powers have increased immensely.

The downside is we can only seem to use the Super Armor in low gravity fields. Intensive training must be carried out before we can use the power in normal circumstances.

I recommend that this armor only be distributed to higher ranking officers that can handle the intense training and excruciating weight of the Super Armor.”

With the letter finished, he gave it to Krysta to deliver to the palace. “Catch you guys later.” Krysta said, and she was off.

Lightning then sighed “Well, that’s problem number one solved.”

He had been very concerned with the reports he had been receiving from the Starfleet training academies, about the cadets failing due to their lack of confidence. Some cadets even dropped out of training and left the academy altogether.

“This is awful.” Lightning said “With Stammadon coming after us, we need all the help we can get. He’s not like other enemies we’ve seen. Why, he was around thousands years before Grand Ruler was even born.”

Starla came over to him, holding the baby in her arms “I know how you feel. I’m worried to. I wish there was something we could do to show the cadets they’re going about this wrong.

They don’t have to be as strong as we are. Every Starfleet officer is as good and just as important as the next.”

Lightning held his wife close and they embraced softly. He agreed with what she said completely, but he had no idea how to make the cadets listen. “Lecturing them won’t be enough; the instructors have already tried that.

There’s got to be a way to show them; to prove they can be just as great fighters.”

Their trails of thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Shining Light crying from the nursery.

Mom and Dad went to check on their son, and found out he had soiled his diaper. They changed it quickly, and soon the baby was cooing and giggling again.

“Aww, who’s a happy colt.” cooed Starla. “Who is… who’s happy?”

Lightning smiled down at his little son, and he wondered how the other expecting parents were that moment.



Spike was cuddling up with Rarity, softly stroking her belly and singing to the baby,

“Cuz you’re daddy’s girl or boy.
Daddy’s girl or boy.”

Rarity smiled lovingly. “You’ll be a great father, darling.”

“You think so?” Spike asked “I mean, after all, I grew up kind of fast, and one thing Twilight never taught me was parenting.” He stopped and fell silent, taking a moment to remember Twilight. Rarity did too and they both wished she could be there.

“I’m sure she would have loved to see the baby too.” said Rarity “We’ll both just do our best to raise it.”

Her husband agreed.



Meanwhile, Buddy was tending to his garden while Tree Hugger was meditating in shade of a big tree. “Oooouuuuummmmm… Oooouuuuummmmm… Oooouuuuummmmm…”

Suddenly she stopped as she felt a slight kick in her belly, “Oooh, cool it, kid.” she said soothingly “I dig your grooves, but I need to keep cool and calm like the sonic waves.”

Buddy could only smile lovingly as he watched his wife meditate, which distracted him so much that he accidently planted his gardening gloves, and overly watered them.

Applejack couldn’t help but giggle at him, but she understood why he was out of it, and she walked over to him. “You’re real excited, aren’t ya?”

“Why shouldn’t I be?” he said, and then he teased her “Maybe you’ll feel like this when you have kids of your own.”

Applejack gave him a playful look, “Don’t even joke about a thing like that.” she smiled and then got back to work, and Buddy got back to his own work too. “Hey… where are my gloves?”




Fluttershy and Rhymey were doing their own chores. Though Fluttershy couldn’t train or fight in battles in her condition, she could still do her normal work and get around, as long as she was looked out for.

As Fluttershy feed the animals, she dropped a pail of feed that scattered all over the ground. “Oh, dear!” she groaned, and she bent down to try to clean it up, and suddenly felt she was stuck half way down due to her heavy belly. “Help, please…!” she called whenever she needed a hand up.

Rhymey dashed to his wife in a heartbeat, and slowly helped her back upright.

“Up we go,
nice and slow.”

Fluttershy sighed, “Thanks, honey…” then she looked down and stroked her belly “I can’t wait to have this baby. I just hope things can be peaceful.” She referred to the fact that the planet was now in danger again from evil forces.

Rhymey felt the same way, and he assured her,

“Stammadon may strong, that’s true,
But we are growing stronger too.

No matter who or what will come our way,
We’ll fight to the end and make their day!”

His wife nodded bravely, but then she gasped as she felt a slight kick.

Rhymey stiffened with excitement and worry. He always got very jumpy and overly-excited whenever Fluttershy felt even the slightest of movement.

“It’s okay… I’m fine.” Fluttershy said “It won’t be for another couple of months.”

Her husband sighed.


Suddenly, sky began to grow darker as thick storm clouds covered the area so quickly, without the aid of the Pegasi. “What’s happening?” asked Fluttershy.

Rhymey looked at the clouds and heard thunder roaring as the winds started to pick up.

“It wasn’t supposed to rain at all.
That’s what it said on the weather call.”

The clouds soon covered the entire area, and everyone looked up in confusion.

Suddenly, a heavy rain began to fall, and the temperature dropped a little.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were flying in the sky on patrol when they saw the storm break out. “What’s going on?” asked Rainbow “I don’t remember there being any report of a storm today.”

Pinkie suddenly got that strange feeling, and her entire body twitched like crazy. “That’s my Pinkie Sense; there’s a doozy happening down there.”


Down below, the storm was getting worse, and all the ponies and creatures were rushing in panic as they dashed for the nearest shelter they could.

The winds were getting stronger and blowing all sorts of things around-- paper, fallen branches, even an unfinished painting that Artie was chasing that blew away from him while he was painting in the park.

“Hey, Artie…!” called Dyno as he and Myte came walking in against the wind.

The men grouped together.

“What happened?” asked Artie.

“We don’t know.” said Myte “We were digging in our mine and then we heard a loud noise like thunder. We came out and saw this storm.”

Dyno nodded, “But just ten minutes ago it was perfectly clear.”

Suddenly, they heard the sound of sinister laughter. They looked up and saw Stratos standing on a rooftop, “Looks like some people are having some bad weather.”

The men growled, “So you’re causing all this!” sneered Artie.

Stratos snickered and then motioned behind him at his glowing pack that was spewing out magical particles that created and intensified the storm. Then he looked down at the panicking ponies all scrambling to get home or someplace safe. “Listen to those screams, how lovely they are… and every ounce of that fear is being harnessed for Stammadon to increase his power.”

The men were growing crosser “I think I’ve heard enough of this guy.” said Dyno.

“Si! Let’s put out this storm chaser.”

Artie agreed, and he and the twins transformed together, “STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

“Hey, guys…!” Rainbow called from above as she and Pinkie, already transformed, soared down from the clouds and landing near the men.

“Let’s take this creep!” said Artie. The others agreed and tried to dash forth, but the winds were pretty strong making it hard to focus.

Stratos was also no pushover! He zipped out of the way just before any of the fighters could hit him.

“Over here…!” Stratos called to them. The team turned to face him. “THUNDER BOLTS” Stratos made strong lightning bolts strike all around them making small explosions and sparks all over.

“That does it!” growled Rainbow “I’ll show you some weather! SONIC RAINBOOM!”

She thrusted straight for him with a trail of rainbow light behind her, but Stratos leapt up high forcing Rainbow to skid to a halt and then zip up after him.

“Let’s help her!” called Artie, and he and the others leapt up high to attack the monster. Still the storm made it hard to concentrate, with all that wind blowing at them and the rains splashing on their visors, but thanks to their intensive training on the moon, they were able to put up a good fight.

“COLOR KICK” Artie leapt up high and kicked Stratos hard.

“My turn!” called Pinke “HIIIIIIII-YA!!” she aimed a strong punch at the monster, but he swiftly grabbed her fist in his hand, “Nice try! Or should I say… ICE try!”

His pack began to glow and Pinkie was blasted by a frigid wind that blew her back hard and froze her against a tree “Whoa! That’s freezer-burn!” she cried.

“Hang on, Chica!” called Dyno as he and Myte rushed over and blasted the ice away with magical beams from their horns, freeing her.

Then the twins turned to face the monster, “Your turn, hombre!”

He and Dyno joined hands, “BOOM-BOOM ROCKETS!” Thanks to their training, their rockets were much stronger and the wet rain didn’t affect them.

Stratos got hit hard but he still didn’t look any weaker. “Wow! That sure sucked.” He taunted “Now I’ll show you what BLOWS! GREAT GALES”

“Look out!” shouted Artie, but Stratos unleashed a huge bellowing wind out from his pack that blew the fighters all off in such a blast, far, far away.

“So much for them…” Stratos laughed.

Rai Shi then appeared before them, his huge hulking body, he was fine with the stormy weather. “Do not be selling yourself short.” He warned him “There are other fighters besides them, and they too must not interfere.”

“If they do,” said Stratos “I’ll wash them out in the biggest storm I can conjure up.”

The fighters landed quite a ways away from the battle area where the storm was calmer, not being so close to the monster and his pack.

“Is everyone alright?” asked Artie.

Pinkie wiped the mud from her visor. “Yeah, we’re fine… considering we just about got blown to smithereens!!”

She calmed down.


“Hey…!” Lightning called, as he and the rest of the team, all transformed arrived on the team. Rarity and Fluttershy’s droids were with them.

“We got a huge problem,” said Artie and he explained about the monster causing the storm.

“We figured as much,” said Lightning “The storm broke out so suddenly we quickly helped evacuate all civilians outside to their homes.”

“Well, that’s good.” said Dyno “But we’ve still got act fast.”

“Si, their fears makes the monster stronger, and he can make the weather worse.” added Myte.

BOOM!! Loud thunder shook the skies as the winds got stronger and the rain became heavier. “Oh!” groaned Rarity “All this wind will mess up my mane.”

Some of the others, even Spike groaned at her vanity; it was just a droid after all, but Rarity took offense to their dismay, “What? Even a droid replica of me can stand to presentable.”

She snapped out of her vanity when she heard the distant sounds of panicking.

The team all cast their view at the village and could even hear some of the people screaming and panicking in their homes.

“Ooh, those poor, poor, ponies!” Fluttershy cried through her droid.

“Well, I say we conjure up a little storm of our own… on that monster.” suggest Applejack.

“I couldn’t agree more.” said Lightning “Now here’s what we’ll do…” and he told his plan to the others.

The rain was falling harder than ever making small floods, and the winds were blowing ever stronger. The ponies and other creatures were safe in their homes, especially when the barriers activated to protect them, but the storm was so frightening to watch or even listen too.

Worse than that, trees, benches, lampposts were starting to shake loose in the winds. Many objects toppled over, resulting in electrical-blackouts, but thankfully the auxiliary stored solar powers kicked in.

Still, Stratos was very pleased with his work and was laughing hard. “So much destruction, so much fear and misery; I love it!”

Rai Shi nodded, “Stammadon will be most pleased.”

Suddenly, he stiffened and growled as he felt the presence of others nearby.

He and Stratos turned and saw Lightning, Starla, and with them were the other five that already fought with Stratos before.

“Ha! So you weren’t destroyed.” sneered Stratos “Well, they say “The calm before the storm.”

Rai Shi looked ready to brawl too.

“I didn’t expect Rai Shi to be here.” said Lightning “Starla, you’re with me. The rest of you know what to do?”

The others nodded, and called “Break!”

“Get him!” Artie shouted as he and the others went after Stratos. “Bring on the Thunder!” hollered the monster, “Or should I say… THE WIND!

…GREAT GALES”

“Not this time!” sneered Rainbow, and she and the others soared way upward, avoiding the gales, and the vanished among the darkness of the stormy skies. “A’rgh! Where’d they go?!” growled Stratos.

As he frantically search through the storms, Starla and Lightning stood face-to-face with Rai Shi.

They scanned him with their visors, he still had no known data, but his power levels were much higher than that of regular monsters, making him far too strong to capture, at least without wearing him a great… which would not be easy!

Rai Shi could only snicker, “Only two? This will be no problem for former galaxy champion.”

Lightning and Starla blinked once.

“Oh, yes…” hissed Rai Shi “Many long times ago, I had it all. I was the finest Kung-Fu and Martial Arts Champion. I won every prestigious title in the galaxy. The people would cheer, the money would come, and everywhere I go the people look up to me in honor.

But then it was all taken from me when I lose the most prestigious tournament. But that isn’t all I was losing. Fans no longer honor me, no longer look up to me. I get laughed at, and my money vanishes like melting snow on a hot day.”

Lightning and Starla could plainly see he had a clear case of egotism and self-pride, and Starla called him out on it, “You couldn’t have just… oh, say… find a new profession? Peruse a new way of life?”

Rai Shi was furious, “SILENCE!! You are not understanding-- Then again I never expect you to.”

He lunged forth with such speed to attack, and Lightning and Starla leapt high up causing him to slam the ground hard with his fists making a small tremor. “Without strength you are nothing!”

Then he leapt up high so swiftly to strike them again. Lightning and Starla blocked him with their arms, engaging in a struggle.

“I was fortunate to be inducted into Stammadon’s forces!” sneered Rai Shi “I have never felt such power and strength before. Now I can show everyone who is the greatest!”

Lightning and Starla thrust their arms out, breaking the struggle, and all three fighters landed on the ground. Rai Shi looked more infuriated than ever, and Lightning and Starla could only pity him.

“You’ve let the thought of power and fame affect you badly, Rai Shi.” sneered Lightning “You were sealed up once before, and you’ll be sealed up again!”

Rai Shi only roared like the monster ape his was.

“It’s no good, Lightning, he won’t listen!” said Starla.

“Then we’ll just have to teach him the hard way.”

Starla agreed.

Rai Shi roared, and the fighters jumped at each other.

“FIST OF FORCE” Rai Shi thrust his glowing fist forth, punching Starla hard and sending her crashing towards Lightning, but they were both prepared for this-- Lightning held out his hands, straightening her out as she came at him, then launched her back at the evil ape. Starla aimed to kick him hard, but he defended with his huge arms, springing her high into the air.

POW!! Lightning thrust forth and bashed him right in the face, knocking him back hard. While up in the air, Starla straightened herself out, “STAR SHOWER” and bombarded him with her star clusters.

Rai Shi stood where he was taking the bombardment. Then he let out a loud roar, and he glared at the two ponies, “It seems that you are stronger than I thought!”

Lightning smirked at him, “We’re able to get stronger too, but unlike you we use it for completely different reasons. I wouldn’t expect you to understand that either.”

Rai Shi growled.


While those three fought it out, the storm continued to bellow and blow.

Stratos angrily searched through the clouds and the air for the fighters, using his pack to propel him along the winds.

“THUNDER BOLTS”

He blasted all over through the clouds, but all he hit was blowing air. “They’ve got to be here someplace!”

As he hovered along, he suddenly felt a space where the storm didn’t seem as severe. The winds were calmer, the rain wasn’t falling as hard and the temperature seemed more average.

“What’s going on here?” he wondered.

He didn’t know that way up through the clouds, the four pegasi ponies had used their weather manipulations to soften a small eye in the storm.

“NOW…!!” Artie suddenly shouted.

The fighters all rushed in through the clouds hollering madly, attacking him hard.

Stratos put up a good fight, but he found it hard to fight while gliding on the wind. Fluttershy drove her droid in and kicked the monster hard, and grumbled at him “That… was for ruining a perfectly nice day!”

Startos scoffed, “Ha! Try cooling down a bit!” and he blasted his frigid winds at her.

“Not this time!” shouted Dyno. “Turn up the heat!” added Myte, and they held their hands together, “BOOM-BOOM FIREBALLS”

“I’ll help!” shouted Spike “DRAGON BREATH!” and he breathed his fire into the fireballs making them heat up more; even the rain wasn’t strong enough to put them out.

“PAINT BOMBS” Artie threw in his explosives. All those hot flames combined with the freezing winds resulted in bigger explosions making a huge smoke cloud.

Much as Stratos loved fog, the smoke made him cough and gag. “I… I can’t see them!” he growled. He was about to fire up his pack to blow the smoke away.

“LEAF SWARM” Buddy, using his visors infrared to see through the smoke, unleashed his razor-leaves which struck the monster hard, and sniped the wires connected to his pack.

“Ah! Oh, No...!” cried Stratos.

His pack suddenly went haywire, blasting lightning, blowing winds and hail pellets like crazy.

“CHARGE…!!” The team came rushing in. “Time to cut loose!” shouted Spike and he slashed his dragon claws at the pack, snapping it off, and causing both it and Stratos to plumet to the ground.

“My pack!” cried Stratos. He wasn’t willing to lose it and tried to make a grab for it in the fall.

“Oh, no you don’t!” thundered Applejack, and she lassoed the pack with her rope, yanking it way up high, and Rarity then zapped it with a huge magical blast, destroying it in a bang.

“No!! My weather pack!” cried Stratos, and with the destruction of his pack, the storm began to cease almost immediately and began to clear away.

Stratos growled “I’ll make you pay for that!” but he ate those words as the ponies came rushing in and each punched, kicked, or zapped him hard, weakening him severely.

Artie then held out his Super Staff “How about a little storm of my own!

...SUPER STAFF SPIN”

He powered up his finisher move, sending burning winds all around Stratos, and then striking him hard. Stratos growled and roared as his body was engulfed in sparks and flames, and he fell over, exploded, and was imprisoned in a sphere.

“Well, done,
The battle is won.” said Rhymey.

The others cheered for joy.


Lightning and Starla leapt at Rai Shi. Their fists collided together making a big explosion, but the fighters all landed safely. That’s when they noticed the storm was gone, and the sun was shining through again.

Rai Shi knew this was a bad sign and felt it best to retreat, “I will be seeing you again, soon. Do not be forgetting that! I will show you who is strongest yet!”

He leapt up high, and vanished in a flash-- a space warp he could generate that took him back to Planet Ainzul.

Lightning and Starla was upset that he got away, but at least the storm dying told them the others had succeeded in beating the monster.




When Rai Shi got back to the temple, he sat outside in the dojo area, quietly meditating while his strength restored. “Such strong opponents these ponies.”he thought to himself “I must properly prepare myself to battle another day. In the end I shall be victorious!”


Inside the throne room, Stammadon addressed the others.

“So, Starfleet captured Stratos? What a pity, but at least the plan worked in harnessing much-needed power for us all.”

Kara Shi was confused, “You mean you’re not going to discipline Rai Shi?”

“No, but ask me a question like that again, and I’ll punish you!!” yelled Stammadon.

Kara Shi shuddered in fear.

“See what happens when you open your big mouth?” grumbled En Shi.

Tan Shi just stood where she was against the wall with her eyes shut and her arms folded. “So either way, win or lose, we get what we want: all the power we need and more.”

“Yes…” hissed Stammadon “And the stronger we get, it’ll only make things that much worse for our enemies.”



Back on United Equestria, the monster was taken into custody and sent off to prison, but the storm he had created left behind a load of damage, but it wasn’t anything that couldn’t be cleaned up with Starfleet and the civilians working hard.

Soon trees were standing upright again, benches and lampposts were put back, and any objects that were hopelessly damaged, the insurance companies promised to help replace them soon.

“Well, that takes care of that.” said Pinkie “Everything’s Okie Dokie Lokie.”

Lightning was pleased, “Well, one thing we know for sure from this, Stammadon and his creeps are getting stronger, especially Rai Shi.”

Starla agreed, “He’ll definitely be coming back for us. Shame too, he’s a strong fighter, but he fights for the wrong reasons.”

Rainbow sighed “There’s more to being the best than just strength alone. Even I was taught better than that by my teachers.”

“Too bad we can’t really train him to see that.” teased Buddy.

Applejack snickered, “Good one.” and they slapped each other a high five.

Lightning on the other hand pondered deeply over the words “Teach?”… “Learn?”

He began think back to the days when he was Grand Ruler’s apprentice and how he was trained well to be the fighter was that day.

“Galloping Galaxies…! I’ve got it!” he cried.

The others all gawked at him.

“Um…got what?” asked Spike.

“An Apprentice…!” replied Lightning. “That can help us!”

The others were all confused,

“How can an apprentice help us fight Stammadon’s forces?” asked Artie.

Lightning shook his head “I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the failing Starfleet cadets.

Think about it; we were all once like they were-- weaker, nervous, and doubtful of our abilities.”

The others began to see where he was coming from, and he said “Exactly. Maybe, if we take on an apprentice of our own and train them well, maybe the other cadets can realize they don’t have to doubt themselves so much.”

The others took an instant shine to the idea.

“Our very own apprentice!” said Fluttershy “That’s a great idea!”

Rhymey nodded…

“We already train sometimes to help those in need
But training an apprentice sounds good indeed.

We’ve been trained a long time, and we’ve learned much
Now we can pass on our experiences to others as such.”

Spike thought deeply, “It’ll even be like when Twilight was trained by Celestia.”

“Yes!” agreed Rarity “I can just see us all now, and it will help the cadets a great deal.”

It was settled and agreed, once Lightning ran it through with Grand Ruler Celesto and Queen Celestia of course.

“Um… just one thing though.” said Dyno “Who are we going to pick to be our pupil?”

Silence struck everyone, “Oh, chico! That could be hard.” said Myte.

Lightning agreed, but at least they all had a plan now, and whoever their new apprentice would be… only time would tell.


(Promo)

In our next episode: As Mykan and the Cutiemark crusaders learn more about the Surfer program, the evil Megadox sends a virus into the records systems which begins messing up everyone’s lives. So once again it is up to Mykan and the Surfer program to do battle.

Can Mykan once again defend the Digital World from these new viral terrors?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Data Squad”)