• Published 10th Sep 2018
  • 1,507 Views, 23 Comments

Confessions of a Lone Vagabond - Azure5555



Human tossed through the void into Equestria

  • ...
3
 23
 1,507

Duel 00 Pt2: The Boomstick

I took my chances in the deathly doom woods, happy with being able to fly at least. I would have been happier if I knew how I turned into one of the most iconic fiend types in YGO history, or if I could at least change ba-

In a blink of an eye, I was tumbling to the floor screaming bloody murder, arms flailing and legs kicking.

I landed face first and skid to a bumpy halt straight into an abandoned shack. I caused a bit of a mess if the shattering of bottles was anything to go by. A tribal mask fell on my face as I lifted myself up.

The place was… decrepit. Derelict, disheveled, destroyed and disastrous. Cobwebs and moss had overtaken the interior of the place and a thick layer of dust covered what I guess used to be someone's home.

“H-hello! Hello…”


-Present Day-

I guess after all that, I just sort of got into a sort of groove. I figured out that shoving a card into the disk turned me into the monster on it, or using a spell or trap would give me anything from a quick burst of strength to a Scrap Iron Scarecrow.

After two months of eating nothing but Mooyan Curry, I went into town and got to know Ponyville. After three months, I learned of The Pink One and grew to dread her existence. She hasn't found me out yet. After the fourth month, Applejack saw me turn back into a human after she trailed me back to my hut, saying something about an evil enchantress…

We squared that away thankfully… and that leads us here. Eight months in and the only ponies to know about me are Applejack and Time Turner. Thankfully, there was no way in Hell I would ever be-

“I'VE FINALLY FOUND YOU!!” I flinched, which was kinda weird since I was currently merged into the ground. I tried to run, but all I was able to move were my legs.

“You are not leaving until I've thrown you your party and introduced you to EVERY PONY IN TOWN!” I stole a look back, and lo and behold. The Pink One was staring at me with a crazed look in her eyes, her hair had gone flat and she had a hoof on my tail.

She should not have been able to pin me down, but I was told that she defied all general laws of existence, even magic shriveled under her presence.

Still, I squirmed and writhed until she peeled me from the ground, put her mouth around my tail, and blew me up like a balloon.

With a pop, I fell back onto the floor as human as I always am, turning back to see her jump into the air as her hair gained back all it's floof.

With an audible gasp, she was gone like a bullet and I pulled out Speed Warrior as I high tailed it back to my hut as a screaming metal death trap on legs.

“Sweet fucking Christ… okay. Calm down, she doesn't know where you live.” I flinched as I could hear her yelling and shouting echo through the the damn death woods.

Knowing my bacon was soon to be had I did the only thing I could do. I got up off my sorry ass and took out the most edgy deck I had.

This forest ain't big enough for the both of us…

I threw my desired pile of trading cards into my duel disk and chose the most badass synchro in the archetype. As I stepped out the now refurbished door of my hut, I hefted my mighty boomstick into the sky.

I held it mightily as I stared down The Pink One. She stood before me, hair floofed, eyes sharp, and a single bead of sweat fell from her chin as she licked her lips.

“Alright mister,” She said as she began to shorten the distance between us. “As the newest pony in town, it's your job to introduce yourself to everypony and I do mean EVERY pony. Now are ya gonna come quietly so you can have the greatest bestest most awesometastic party you've ever had, or do I have to get serio-”

Her words and her march were halted as I pulled back the trigger of my single barreled, bayonet equipped, pump action cannon of all things manly. Her eyes went as wide as saucers and her ears immediately flattened, the literal lightning clap of my firearm no doubt caused her pause.

“Or,” I lowered my righteous boomstick and pumped it, depositing the exhausted shell and replacing it. “You can turn around, you can forget I exist, and I can go back to living my life in secret. Good plan? Great plan!”

I started to turn around and walk back into my hut until a cupcake of all things went splat right on the edge of my doorway.

“Bad plan! You can't live out here alone! Especially not where the evil enchantress used to live!” Some weird ooh sound kinda echoed when she said ‘evil enchantress’.

“What are ya gonna do? Throw cake at my face!?” I shouted in retort.

“No!” She exclaimed as she shoved her foreleg into her hair floof and… pulled out a pink cupcake styled duel disk. The board kinda even looked like molded whipped cream… “I'm going to duel you! And then I'm gonna throw cake at your face!”

The blue orbs on our disks reacted, tethering to the other.

“Wha- but it's ju- HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS!?” I cried as I put away my boomstick.

“Oh-that’s-really-a-great-story!-I-went-to-the-library-because-I-needed-a-new-recipe-book,-but-the-library-had-last-year’s-copy,-but-it-was-totally-okay-because-I-found-this-other-book-about-a-thousand-year-prophe-”

Another thunderclap rang throughout the forest, scaring away the wildlife and shutting up my would be opponent.

“Okay, I get it. Let's just… let's get this over with.” Our lifepoint counters materialized next to us.

VAGABOND: 8000

PINKAMENA DIANE PIE: 8000

“Pinkamena Diane Pie?” I whispered as i drew my five card hand.

She giggled as she covered a mouth with her hoof. “You can call me Pinkie! All my friends do!” She pulled her hand in that over the top YGO protagonist fashion and looked at her cards.

“We aren't friends, I'll take the first move!” I took a look at my hand, Delta Crow, Sirroco the Dawn, two Bora the Spears, and a Kalut the Moonshadow. “I end.”

This surprised Pinkie as she really didn't expect this. Gulping, she drew her card and threw down… oh fuck me blind…

The forest was soon turned into a sugar infested paradise of pastries and treats, a regal manor overlooking the confections.

“Um… field spell? No, right, field spell! I summon Mewfeuille in attack mode!” A cat plushy wearing a blue musketeers outfit popped from out of a river of cream, falling on its body as it looked up.

“Next I special summon Anjelly from my hoof!” She said excitedly.

“Hand,” I corrected, she stopped for a second and looked at me. “When referring to cards held, it's called hand.”

Pinkie smiles and nods, continuing her play and summoning a porcelain doll wearing a crown of pearls, ballet slippers and a white dress adorned with wings. I kinda started to space out of existence, but her whole play boiled down to getting a Leviair… for some reason and Tiramisu out on the field.

On her field was a pale skinned white haired woman wearing an eighteenth century styled dress holding a scepter and a light blue serpent like beast with wings.

“This is the part where-”

“ATTACK!” Pinkie screamed as she wore a world war two helmet and shovel, her totally not a dragon dragon throwing a fireball at my face and her queen wacking me on the knee.

VAGABOND: 4000

PINKAMENA DIANE PIE: 8000

“Are you sure you know how to play this game?” Pinkie asked me with actual worry in her eyes. I gave her a thumbs up which got her smiling as she let me take my turn after she played Madolche Ticket.

“Draw!” Gale the Hurricane, just what I needed… “Special summon!” I threw down Sirroco, both Bora’s, and Gale.

Literally dive bombing my field were three winged humanoids in bird masks followed by a rather angry eyed blue faced avian.

A massive whirlwind burst outward, signaling their landing. “Gale, cut Levi’s attack!” Doing just that, Gale sent out a heavy burst of wind at Leviair, halving its attack and defense. “NOW SYNCHRO!!”

Gale and one of my Boras jumped into the air, with Gale breaking apart and turning into stars and Bora flying straight into said stars.

“Ebony feathers dance upon the wind, fly upon the wings of a dream!!” I don't know why I shouted that, but something in me compelled it as I thrust my arm into the sky.

“Synchro summon, Blackwing ARMOR MASTER!!” From a piercing pillar of light, a bipedal armored warrior descended upon the field, his wings beating heavily upon the earth.

“Sirroco the Dawn, Buff that Armor!” Armor Master went from 2500 to 6200 as Bora and Sirroco encircled him with a shining white ribbon.

All the while, my opponent could not stop looking at Armor with widened eyes of awe.

“Knight takes Queen!” I shouted as I thrust a finger forward. With careful precision, Armor Master flew behind a surprised and flustered Tiramisu as he shoved his pointed fingers through her spine and out her abdomen.

VAGABOND: 4000

PINKAMENA DIANE PIE: 4000

Pinkie’s shocked expression kinda changed a bit from the rather gratuitous violence displayed.

“Wha… what was THAT!!?” She cried as she started to wave a hoof at Armor Master, whom had returned to his proper place beside Bora and Sirroco.

“That… was a lot more violent than I thought it would be… my bad.” I rubbed my arm in embarrassment. I don't know wby I felt bad watching her as she watched her monster bite the dust, but she just looked… torn. I set Delta Crow and offered my hand.

“Um… your move?” I cautiously offered.

Pinkie drew her card and summoned Mewfeuille and Anjelly again. She sacked her Anjelly for Hootcakes, her rather dapper owl hiding behind it's wings in defense. She huffed and put her Leviair in defense and threw down a card in the backrow, obviously really worried about her wide open cat plushy.

Still, even as she conceded her turn she never lost the hope she carried in her gaze.

Silently, I drew my card and found Blizzard the Far North staring back at me. “It ends now Pinks! Blizzard!” Upon normal summon, Blizzard digs out a level 4 Blackwing out of grave. Normally this is where I resummon Bora, but I had a clear shot for victory, so I summoned Gale instead.

“Here it comes…” I heard her whisper. Her hoof just hovering over her facedown.

“Gale, same target!” Screeching, Gale struck Leviair once again, cutting it's attack and defense.

“What!? But, but my Mewfeuille is wide open!” Pinkie shouted.

“Is it? Delta Crow!” Three bombs went off in her backrow, her trap having activated in response. Several blackened chains wrapped around Armor Master, cutting it's attack by 700.

“Victory!” Pinkie exclaimed with a wide grin, a hoof in the air.

“Synchro…”

Her eyes went wide and her pupils became pin pricks. “No…”

“Summon…”

She started to wave her hooves frantically. “No no no!! Noooo…”

“Vicious gale and unending squall, your wings sail along rending claw!” I ran forward and flew into the sky as I tossed my boomstick mightily through the clouds.

“SOAR! BLACKWING, ARMED WING!!” My wings flared as a second Armed Wing descended upon the field, shotgun already primed.

“Well, there's no way you can even beat me this turn so…” Pinkie wiped a bit of sweat from her brow as I chuckled.

“Are you sure about that?” I motioned for Sirroco to do his thing as Armor Master, Blizzard, and Sirroco wrapped their energy around Armed Wing, bumping him from 2300 to a whopping 7400.

“This… is my BOOMSTICK!!” Armed Wing held aloft his mighty lance, shooting the now defenseless Leviair in it's non dragon dragon face. The force of the blast struck with such force, that it even blew back Pinkie’s floof, increasing it's floof twofold.

The Chateaux fell, and Pinkie could only stare wide eyed at the now disappearing Armed wing. The end of the duel had also seen me revert back to my base human self, but whatevs.

“But… but how!?” She protested as she grabbed me by my collar.

“Armed wing does piercing damage.” I replied calmly, her wide blue eyes looking deep into mine for answers.

She pulled back and put her right foreleg over her face. “D’oh!” She huffed and let me go, slowly marching out of the forest.

I won, but the victory felt so… empty. I mean I hurt a pony for heaven’s sake! I just went from forest hermit to one hundred percent a dick! So, as much as i didn't want to, I called out to her.

“Pinkie, wait!” She stopped, her ears flicking in anticipation. I mentally kicked myself, but you know what, she's had a rough day. “What… what time?”

Her gasp was deafening, which was weird since it was an intake of air and not an exclamation of any kind. She latched onto me again and well… I felt better about victory.