• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 4,718 Views, 21 Comments

If You Want To Go, I Won't Stop You. - TwiPON3



Sunset has to make a decision that a friend might just make with her.

  • ...
45
 21
 4,718

Chapter 1

Sunday 07 January 2018 23:45, CHS Roof


Sunset looked over the roof and onto the snowy ground.

"Just a few steps, and it'll all be over."

She hadn't noticed the sound of the roof-access door opening.

"You too, huh?"

"Gah!" Sunset exclaimed, snapping around.

Messy blue hair, an old jacket, bluejeans, a shirt that read ХАЦК МЕ, АНД ЁУьЛЛ БЕ УП ШИТ ЦРЕЕК, a pair of muted-blue laseless shoes, and circular eyeglass frames were all she could make out.

"Trust me," he said, "I know the feeling."

Walking over to her, she could tell he had a pair of wings under the jacket and a pair of fangs.

"You've tried?"

"No," he said, "But one stupid move and I'd be dead."

Sunset still couldn't make out who it was.

"I'm not God, you know."

"Seth?"

"Depression?"

"Let me guess, you're just going to tell me to write to Princess Twilight, go make up with Princess Celestia, or go back to my former-friends. But it won't work. I've tried."

"Actually no."

Sunset was taken back by this.

"What... what do you mean?"

"I'm not saying whether you should or shouldn't jump, but what I am about to say, well, just know that I'd do what my heart wants."

"I kind of want to jump, but I don't know if I should. I've heard that if you die, at least in this world, you'll go onto a better one if you've lived a good life or something. Otherwise, it's just lights out."

"I'm not going to call bullcrap on any of anyone's claims like that. I don't know if they're true and, frankly, as a vampire, it's not my place in any right."

"One stupid move?"

"One stupid move. Before Luna turned me into a vampire, I felt like a hunk of garbage. After she turned me, everything was all good and well while I was living with her and Celestia."

"Then what?"

Both of them sat at the edge of the roof.

"Greg came back home, so I went back to the house. I started having problems again, so I came up here. My heart wanted to jump, but I would come to the edge. One move, I'd be out of everyone's asses. Every time I got to the edge, though I would look up at the moon, then over to East-Canterlot, notice the clubs and nightlife, and fly over to it."

"Just... do you think I should jump?"

Seth sighed, "I can't make that decision for you. While I'm not about to say for you to stick around, just so you can get shot or beaten, I'm also not going to say for you to jump and end it all tonight. That's something you have to decide yourself. Just remember, if you jump, there's no turning back. I know that much."

They both stood up.

"Seth?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I've made my peace with about as much as I can here. The books in Princess Celestia's library said that her daughter-by-birth would get her wings when she made peace," Sunset sighed, "I'm ready. For my funeral, could you... make it... not-so-sad?"

The two embraced a hug.

"Even when you were Queen-Bitch, did I ever hold back on anything meaningful?"

Sunset replied with a smile of content.

"I swear by everything that is holy, I'll make you proud," he kissed her forehead, "I don't know if you'll remember this, but I was always there. If you do decide to stay, you'll always have me, Greg, and Mitzi."

"Thanks, but I've made my peace."

"Then I won't stop you."

"One more thing."

"Yes?"

"Can you play the piano?"

"I can."

"I want you to do that."

"You got it," he replied with a smile.

"I'll miss you," she said, hugging the vampire again.

"You too, fireball."

After about a minute, Sunset went over to the ledge and jumped.

Soon, he heard the unmistakable sound of her neck snapping on impact as his watch beeped 0:00.

"Your first world didn't work, your second worked for a while, maybe three's the charm."