• Published 10th Dec 2011
  • 6,041 Views, 128 Comments

Love is Chaotic. - WinterTwister

  • ...
8
 128
 6,041

Discord Hath Returned.

Discord was still frozen in his stone texture as Twilight and her friends had left him. The statue showing his frightened expression as he slowly returned to his granite prison in which the elements of harmony had sentenced him.

Discord's consciousness was blinking back to reality, he felt it in the back of his mind, his power slowly returning. The statue was becoming cracked in some places, each crack returning his strength. The statue started chipping off and the sound of his laughter filled the air. The statue vibrated and Discord was awake from his stone slumber.

'What?'

The statue exploding into a blinding light and as the light faded, Discord stood on the pedestal where he had been petrified. Discord took a moment to look around at the peaceful landscape, feeling disgusted and bored. A smiled appeared on his face, showing his fang from the grin.

"I'm free? How delightful..." Discord let out a howling laugh while raising his hands in the air, enjoying the freedom of the world outside of his prison. "Oh yes.. Time to see where my guardians are..." Discord snapped his fingers and dark portals appeared in a wide circle around him.

After a few moments, twelve ponies emerged from the portals.

All of the ponies had grey cloaks on, covering their faces and most of their bodies, only showing their chests and their tails through the cloaks. All of the ponies bowed around Discord. "Master."

Discord took a deep breath, with slight anger he spoke. "Hence! Home you idle creatures, get you home? Is this a holiday? What, know you not, being maniacal you ought not walk upon a laboring day without sign of your presence?" Discord had an angry expression as he pointed at the pony to his right, turning to him. "Speak, what is thine occupation?"

The pony took a step forward. "Why, master, guardian of chaos, I occupy."

Discord glared at the pony now. "Where is thy sign of profession? But a simple..cloak! With no trace of your doing?" Discord pointed to another pony and left the first pony looking at his hooves. "What is thine occupation?"

The new pony walked towards his master, stopping only a few feet from him. "Truly sir, in respect of thy presence, I am in occupation, guardian of confusion."

Discord lost his temper. "Knave! You not show your profession either?!" Discord disappeared, but then reappeared outside of the circle to face all of the ponies. " Have I been gone, only to be replaced by saucy knaves?!"

The guardian of chaos cleared his thoat. "Master, no disrespect we bring, but a vindication, have we. None can match your craft of disharmony, m'lord."

Discord slowly walked toward the pony. "Speak thine slander, but do not falter in your decree..."

The guardian of chaos had shrunk slightly from the immortals approach, but continued to speak. "Master, your powers have declined."

Discord was face to face with the pony. "What!? You annunciate my powers anemic?!"

The pony slowly backed away, quaking in fear. "N-no m'lord! Only decreased slightly! Hath thou not felt the lack of competence?"

Discord thought for a moment, but then turned to yell at the pony. "You question my ability?! Watch as I transform this barren peaceful wasteland into a sight of true beauty of disharmony!" Discord turned away from the twelve ponies and had risen his hands, channeling the power around him, slowly melting away the image of Equestria around them.

For a moment it seemed to have worked, but the wavering image snapped back to its formal state and left Discord standing, dumbstruck at his lack of power. He starred into his open hands. 'What happened?'

"Master.." Discord turned around to see the ponies now in a line.

The guardian of confusion spoke. "Master, The only logic that reveals is that you hath not remained purely a being of disharmony."

"And you attain this verdict regarding...?"

"Regarding that thy hath been freed from thine imprisonment, m'lord."

Discord thought for a moment. 'Was he correct?'.

"What is thy assessment of mine state?"

The guardian of confusion spoke with hesitation. "M'lord.. it appears... what hath made you impure, is the feeling of affection." The pony bowed after he finished his statement, leaving Discord puzzled.

'Affection? Is this possible?' Discord snapped from his thoughts back to the ponies. "Where is our location?"

A new pony stepped forward. "In a forest that felt suitable to place your paralyzed state, the local commoners call this place 'The Everfree Forest'. This forest holds some of the last areas of disharmony."

Discord looked around and saw that he was in a clearing surrounded by dense forestation with light beaming only in the center of the clearing. "Very well, leave me to contemplate my state." Discord waved his hand at the ponies and they vanished into the shadows.

~*~*~

Pinkie Pie was bouncing along the busy streets of Ponyville. She had stopped in her tracks at a tingling sensation from her tail. She smiled and thought 'Ooh! I wonder whats going to fall from the sky this time!' She took cover under a balcony of a near-by house and stared into the sky.

A single pink cloud had soared through the sky, leaving a small trail of chocolate milk in its path.

Pinkie watched with shining wide-eyes as the cloud disappeared from sight. She remembered the delicious chocolate milk rain from when Discord was free. 'Shouldn't Discord be stuck in that stone statue thingy?' Pinkie gasped at the thought. 'Maybe that cloud is a left over!' Pinkie raised her hoof in the sky at the cloud that had already passed.

"Wait for me!" Pinkie yelled and she galloped in the direction the cloud had traveled. Leaving the ponies that were near her in the streets look at Pinkie in confusion at the mare's sudden outburst.