• Published 10th Dec 2011
  • 6,037 Views, 128 Comments

Love is Chaotic. - WinterTwister

  • ...
8
 128
 6,037

Discord's Agitation.

Discord looked down at the ground where he saw his guardians take their leave. 'Such boring ponies..I'm the one who has been in stone and they still talk in that old fashion.' Discord walked to the center of the clearing where the beam of light was touching the grass. He raised his hand above the light and a golden throne had appeared and he took his seat.

Discord closed his eyes and propped his head on his arm. 'My power really weakened? Affection is the cause? Bah! Who could I possibly adore? Other myself of course.' Discord's mind rang with a soft giggle that forced his eyes open as he felt his power drain further. He looked at his hands, one a powerful lion's paw, the other a claw with his talons sharp enough to cut clean through glass. He clenched his hands trying to fill his mind with thoughts of disharmony, but they were quickly pushed away by another giggle that vibrated his thoughts. Discord slowly moved his paw over his chest, he felt something he had never felt before. His heart had a slight beat to it, being immortal he never needed it to be active. Discord wished for it to stop beating, but his heart disobeyed him. 'What can I do to halt this feeling..?' Discord slammed his paw on the throne and spoke out loud.

"I am the god of disharmony! I'm the fly in their soup, I'm the bump on every head, metaphorically speaking. I should not feel these repulsive emotions.." Discord stared at a tree from the forestation in front of him and pointed at it.

The tree flipped up-side-down and started floating in mid-air, the branches were replaced with candy canes.

Discord laughed at the change, and as he laughed so did the repeating giggle in his mind.

The voice that was giggling slowly came to a stop. 'Hes dancing on your head!' But then continued to giggle.

Discord's eye twitched as he felt comfort from the jolly laughter of the voice. 'Where have I heard that before..?'

~*~*

Pinkie Pie was chasing the cloud out of Ponyville, trying to catch the droplets of chocolate milk as she ran.

"Please! Wait for me!" Pinkie was running as fast as she could after the cloud.

The cotton candy cloud started decelerating as it reached the edges of the forest. The cloud had finally settled next to a trail that lead through the Everfree forest and started pouring on a small patch of grass.

Pinkie had finally caught up to it and laid down under the cloud and let the chocolate rain cover her as she opened her mouth and extended her tongue to catch as much of the milk as possible.

~*~*

Discord was watching some tree gladiators fight, enjoying the absurdity. He felt his heart feel heavy as the giggle echoed once more in his mind, he tried to ignore it, but it left him feeling...lonely?

Discord waved his hand at the gladiators and they turned into toothpicks that covered the ground in front of him. The toothpicks slowly turned upwards and started organizing themselves in the grass, after a few moments they formed a heart with a crack running vertically through it.

Discord raised his paw up at the image and set it ablaze, angry at the toothpicks poor choice of organization. He sighed. "What am I to do?"

Discord heard something in the distance, he couldn't hear it very well. He got up from his chair and took flight, hovering only a few feet above the ground towards the noise. He moved through the trees, and looked ahead, he saw a pink pony laying in the grass near a dirt path.

Pinkie got up and moved away from the rainfall to lick her lips in pleasure of the drink.

Discord saw Pinkie Pie and he felt his heart push forward towards her. 'Is this one of the ponies that imprisoned me? Why do I feel this way towards her?' Discord decided to approach her, but not in his current form. 'I don't want her running to tell her friends that I'm free.. I should disguise myself.' Discord moved back a little and used his powers to alter his image, he dissolved into a stallion that had a brown coat with a grey mane. He stepped out of the brush and started walking towards the pink mare.

Pinkie wiped her face clean of any remaining chocolate milk with her hoof, and heard rustling from the bushes on the other side of the path. "Hello? Zecora?"

Discord stopped when he saw Pinkie stare at him.

Pinkie stood up and walked over to the stallion with a smile on her face, she extended her hoof out to him. "Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie, I haven't seen you before. Are you new around here?"

Discord slowly moved his hoof to shake Pinkie's hoof. "Hello, uh..Yes I am new." He tried to disguise his voice to the best he could.

Pinkie's eyes lit up and had an idea. "Have you been to Ponyville?"

Discord cleared his throat. "Yes, I believe i have been their a few times."

Pinkie was confused. "But I haven't seen you before, and I know everypony!"

"I wasn't there for very long..."

"Well you need to come with me!" Pinkie tugged on his hoof.

"I-I do?" Discord couldn't explain it, but he was happy. Not about chaos, but harmony.

Pinkie led Discord out of the forest towards Ponyville.