• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 9,259 Views, 587 Comments

I Would Give to You - Jet Howitzer



You move to Ponyville, and a certain mare catches your eye, but are you right for her?

  • ...
21
 587
 9,259

Author's Notes

And yet another story of mine comes to a glorious conclusion. This one was longer than the last, and yet it only covered a few days. I like to think that I did a better job on this story than I did on The Color of Apples, but that’s just my opinion. Maybe some of you agree, maybe some of you think that I’m full of it. Either way, that’s what I think.

This story changed quite a bit from what I had originally planned for it, and I like to think that this ending was a bit better than what I had originally planned. For those interested, I had originally planned on Ace not getting his wings back, and that somehow his body would reject any attempts at healing. I eventually discarded that idea, since it seemed a bit too contrived.

As for the romance, and the main character. I like to think that I paced the relationship fairly well. I didn’t force any interactions between the characters, and it took some time before they even did anything. While it could’ve been a bit longer before they did anything, I didn’t want to have to drag the story out.

Ace, for me, is a pretty good character. He has his shortcomings, and I don’t think that he was too good at too many things. I like to think he was a fair character with his fair share of problems, but I may just be optimistic.

The resolution for Scootaloo was actually one of my best points in this story, even if it doesn’t seem like it. The way that Ace solved the problem was actually one of the best problem solutions I can think of. It’s totally true that others can’t solve her problem, since they were in the wrong to hide her past from her. And so, Ace realized this, and gave her the tools needed to find her own resolution. Also it acted as a totally solid way of linking this story, and The Color of Apples.


The sequel is already out, for those of you who don’t know, so I suggest you take a look at it. There will likely be an Epilogue II, but I can’t say for certain yet. Mostly because I don’t know what I’d have happen in a second Epilogue.


And now I open the floor to questions. I’ll answer any questions that you might have that don’t pertain to the plot of Faux Pas, since those questions will be answered in that story.


Oh, and before I forget, the whole nightmare thing wasn’t just for show. I’m going to be using that. I don’t do anything by mistake.

AVANTE!
-Jet Howitzer