• Published 10th Aug 2018
  • 2,301 Views, 29 Comments

Fair of Wonders - Zubric



A mysterious fairground appears on the edge of Ponyville one day without any explanation. What magic lies within and will the citizens be ready for it.

  • ...
6
 29
 2,301

Twilight is such a Foal

Like many others that day, Twilight Sparkle was enjoying her day with her brother and Cadance. They had decided to come for a visit bringing Flurry Heart with them, the little foal currently playing on the grass. The princess couldn’t stop smiling at such a happy moment. “I’m so happy you came to visit. Things have been rather normal as of late.”

Cadance laughed, passing a small ball to her filly. “Oh, what? We can’t decide to visit when life isn’t on the line?” She teased.

“No, it’s just that every time we seem to do these meetups, something bad happens,” Twilight commented, idly watching as a few butterflies flew by. Like many before her, they witnessed a bright flash as the fairground appeared. Their heads swim as the vibrant colours assault their minds. Twilight had to momentarily close her eyes, rubbing at them as stars sparkled in them. Once they had cleared, she saw Flurry Heart bouncing on her rear, staring onwards at the Fairground.

“Does some little filly want to go to the fair? Yes, she does!” Cadance cooed, scooping up her daughter.

Twilight blinked a few times as she stared at the fairground. “Didn’t that appear out of nowhere?” The thought lingered a moment before blowing away like leaves in the wind. Shaking her head, she looked back at Cadance and her brother. “S-sure, that sounds like a nice way to spend the day.”

As they made their way towards the gates, Flurry Heart cheered gleefully. “Oh, look dear, it’s free entrance,” Shining commented. “This place reminds me of when we went to those Canterlot Carnivals. Remember that Twily?”

The purple princess can’t help but smile at the memory. “Yeah, that is where you won me my Smarty Pants doll,” she giggled lightly, the group soon heading further inside, glancing about at the various activities and entertainment available. “There must be something around for Flurry’s age,” Twilight added before noticing a purple tail vanish behind some godly pink castle-shaped tent. “Was that Spike?”

Before Cadance or Shining could answer her, the mysterious Ringmaster strolled over with a grin. “Oh lookie here, three princesses in my fair today? I'm honoured.” He held out his hoof to Twilight.

The Alicorn hesitated for a second as she peered at the fairground. “I swear this place came out of nowhere,” Twilight commented, idly shaking the outstretched hoof. “Who are you?”

Top Hat smiled, adjusting his rainbow hat. “I’m Top Hat, and this here is my Fiar of Wonders. I know we set up fast, didn't we?” Seeming to slide across the ground, he stood next to Cadance, booping the little princess on her back. “Oh, aren’t you a cutie!” Flurry giggled, fluttering her wings as she stared back. “Oh, I know just the gift for you, little one.” Pulling off his hat, he began to rummage inside before pulling out a hat similar to his own but smaller, setting it on her head. The filly cooed, clapping happily at her gift. “You’re welcome, little one.”

Cadance glanced around and back at the stallion. “Do you know of any areas for smaller children?”

“Oh, of course! My fair is for all ages, after all.” His hoof gestured past some large tents. “You go that way until you reach the Carousel.” He did a little pose causing Flurry to giggle again. “So please enjoy your time at my wonderful fair. Everypony can be a child at heart.” With that, he departed with a slight wink at Twilight. Of course, the princess had no idea what that meant.

“He seems nice,” Shining commented as they made their way through the many attractions passing by a few clowns or performers who all waved and greeted them.

Twilight couldn’t shake the feeling something was off about this place, but no matter how she tried to rack her brain about it something would end up distracting her for a few moments. The music and swirls of colours all blended to become more attractive than usual. Flurry was happy to glance at everything around her and giggled with joy. The princess had to admit that it made her smile too.

As the family passed through an archway covered in balloons, they could hear gentle looping piano beats coming from what appeared to be a child’s roller coaster. The ascent and descents were gentle slopes that only a child would find fun. Basically, perfect for Flurry. As they made their way towards it, Twilight paused in her prance to watch a dancing tiger mascot as the pony posed exaggeratingly. A soft giggle escaped her muzzle before she shook her head, blushing as she caught up to Cadance. While Cadance took Flurry into the line, Twilight stood by the wayside waving at ponies that greeted her or were not quite used to seeing royalty around. Within no time, Flurry was buckled into the roller coaster car, the filly giggling with anticipation. Once the ride begins to move, some gentle fairground music begins to play. The small cars went up and down the shallow slopes, the princess observing all the vibrant colours, head bobbing soothingly to the rhythm. She let her mind wander to happy times of when she was younger, oddly reminded of her mom’s singing with each chime of the coaster.

Minutes went by before Twilight was shaken out of her stupor by Cadance giving her a light nudge. “Twilight, are you alright?”

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Twilight watched as Flurry was scooped up and settled upon Shining’s back. “Y-yeah, I just zoned out there for a moment.” A light jingle continued to play in the back of her mind as she looked at the other kiddy rides sensing that off feeling again but was unable to place why. Her attention soon was drawn to the red-coloured tent with a sign reading, House of Mirrors. She raised her hoof slowly towards it, words escaping her lips before she even thought of them. “How about I take Flurry Heart inside while you grab some food,” she suggested, glancing at her brother with a carefree smile.

“That sounds great, Twilight. Those carrot dogs do look pretty tasty,” Shining said, licking his lips before setting Flurry Heart on Twilight’s back.

Having also smelled the food, Cadence can't help but agree with her husband. “Okay, we'll meet you after you come out. Take your time. I’m sure Flurry will love it. I know you did when you were young,” Cadence teased, giving Twilight’s mane a ruffle.

“H-hey, stop that,” Twilight laughed before walking towards the tent with Flurry happily hugging around the princess’s neck, darting her head to and fro to admire everything around her. Heading through the flap, the two took a left, proceeding along the path. Illuminating the halls were Hearts Warming lights of all things with mirrors in rows of even intervals.

Coming up to the first mirror, they saw it was curved, causing their reflections to stretch. Twilight noticed that it almost made her look like Celestia with how tall it made her. Flurry, meanwhile, almost looked about as big as a filly. The foal put her hoof to her reflection, laughing contentedly before rushing towards the next mirror along the hall.

Twilight followed along, finding herself humming that soft and gentle carnival music that kept ringing in the back of her mind. Stopping by the next mirror, she was surprised to see that somehow their coat colours had switched. Twilight tilted her head, watching her reflection move, all while Flurry seemed amused, spinning in circles to look at her body from all angles. “Oh, look, Flurry, this is what you’ll look like when you're older.” The foal looked at the princess’s reflection, eyes widening at the splendour. The foal reflection of Twilight reminded her of when she was a foal without any worries. Some strange magic coursed through her unseen as they moved on.

Coming to the next mirror was just as strange as Flurry looking almost as old as Apple Bloom. Twilight’s reflection, In comparison, seemed distorted and looked almost shorter. She rubbed her eyes, figuring it was a trick of the light. But as they passed each proceeding mirror, she felt confusion grow each time they passed a new mirror. Things also felt odd as her body felt sluggish. Was it her imagination, or did Flurry get bigger with each mirror while she became smaller? Her worries are only confirmed as they reach the last mirror. In the glass stood a tall and elegant teenage Flurry Heart alongside a chubby foal Twilight. Unable to believe it, she turned away to look at herself and gasped. It had been no trick, for she was now, in fact, a foal clad in a diaper as well. She tried to protest that this couldn’t be happening, but all that came out of her mouth was a cute baby babble.

Flurry Heart leaned down and cooed, giving the foal a nuzzle. “See, wasn't that fun?” She scooped the baby onto her back, adjusting her wings, all while Twilight panicked.

“What, this can't be happening,” she babbles, clinging to Flurry’s neck, the carnival music filling her ears as they exit the tent.

“What’s wrong, Twilight? Are the clowns scaring you?” Flurry asked, seeing the group of clowns doing tricks just a few tents away.

Despite wanting to panic, Twilight’s gaze soon fell upon the clowns watching as one balanced on a beach ball. She began to giggle at the sight, clapping her hooves. It wasn’t long till Shining and Cadance returned, both having smears of ketchup on their cheeks. “So, did Twily have fun?” Shining asked, patting the foal's head. After what he assumed to be happy babblings, he reached into his bag and pulled out a familiar red stallion plush with a blonde mane. “Look, this is a special share me doll. You are supposed to share it around the carnival.”

“No way! That can’t be Big Mac, can it?” Twilight babbled, taking the doll into her hooves and examining it, eyeing all the little details, including Big Mac’s cutie mark stitched correctly. Unable to resist, the purple fall gave the plush a big hug, nuzzling into it. “Mmm, soft.” The little princess was still confused, but as more of the fair passed by, the easier it became to relax. She soon began teething on Big Mac’s ear as they made their way to the main big top tent with music pouring out of it.

Meanwhile, wandering into the fair from another entrance, a familiar orange-coated mare looked around with a scowl. “Now, where do yah suppose Big Mac got off too?“

Author's Note:

Nope story not dead just forgot about it for a while. I do Hope I did a better proo f reading job this time.

Next up is Applejack and Rainbow Dash as clowns.