• Published 14th Jul 2018
  • 453 Views, 31 Comments

Friendship Force! - Chrome Masquerade



When canisters of a mysterious rainbow coloured substance fall from the skies, humanity's new saviours will arise.

  • ...
13
 31
 453

Diplomacy

"Okay," the bipedal Applejack said, "What was with the gobbeldygook?"

Having received a response from the audience, the purple pony princess said, in the same language, "My apologies. I know 25 different dialects from this planet alone. I... might have over prepared." She took a deep breat in a practiced manner before exhaling audibly.

"As I said, my name is Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, Chosen of Magic, Sorceress of the elements. Some time ago an unidentified vehicle entered our universe briefly before disappearing again. It took a fair while to track its signal and by extension any living beings within." she pointed at her bipedal twin. "That would be you. I can feel it even now. Anyway, these are my friends. You might recognize them somewhat." she said, indicating her companions. Pointing at each in turn, "Applejack (Chosen of Honesty, Knight of Earth) and her sister, Apple Bloom. They are among the owners of the most profitable farm currently in Equestria. Rainbow Dash (Chosen of Loyalty, Ranger of Air) and her adopted sister, Scootaloo. Both are Wonderbolts. Rarity Belle (Chosen of Generosity, Enchantress of Water) and her sister Sweetie Belle. Rarity makes the most unique clothing in Equestria and can do amazing things with almost no material. Then,-"

The pink pony interrupted, "Ooh! Ooh! Me next! Me next!"

Princess Twilight rolled her eyes. "This is Pinkamena Dianne Pie (Chosen of Laughter, Bard of Energy). Also known as Cripps Pink-"

"But just call me Pinkie Pie. It's SO much easier to remember."

"Yeah, that. She is our number one party planner, and is friends with over a thousand ponies. In a land where Friendship and Love are tangible forces, you can imagine how powerful that actually makes her. And last, -but not least- Fluttershy (Chosen of Kindness, Druid of Nature). She takes care of over 100 different creatures. Don't let her shy demeanor fool you. She's tougher than she looks."

The bipedal Applejack nodded and spoke. "It's a right honour meetin' ya, yer hahness. Fer a minute there, Ah thought you were a mite ticked." she said, bowing. "These're ma friends 'n allies, some of 'em, at least. Ah b'lieve y'all can guess what their names are. But fer ease o'use... Ev'ryone? Friendship Force! Suit up!"

So saying, she spun around rapidly -followed closely by the rest of her friends-, and ended up in her on-mission costume -as did the rest-.

"Call me Groundskeeper, or GK fer short." Pointing to each of her now-suited friends in turn, she said, "These here're Archmage, Tidecaller, Stormcaller, Pinpoint and Songstress." With that, a fist/hoof bump was shared between counterparts.

"It's a right pleasure ta meetcha." the Equestrian Applejack said. "When Twilight said that somethin'd passed through our at-mo-sphere," she said, sounding out the last word carefully, "ya could guess that Ah was a mite skeptical. But when she started tracin' this here planet's lo-cation, Ah helped however Ah could, mos'ly t'see what happened next." she chuckled.

"So." Twilight said, "Any questions? There must be some-"

Pinkie Pie spoke up, bouncing high and gesticulating with one leg. "Ooh! Ooh! I have a question! Pick me!"

A collective eye roll was shared. "Yes, Pinkie? What is your question?"

Pointing to each of the costumed heroines, she said, "I see a version of Aaaaplejack, Raaainbow Daaash, Raaarity, their sisters, Twiiiilight... but why is there no me, or Fluttershy?"

Everyone blinked once in unison. "That's a very good question. As best I can tell," Archmage started, "They're out there SOMEWHERE, but haven't found their way to us yet. They will in time, I imagine. Everyone here did, after all."

"I wonder when they'll show up?" Twilight said.

Just then, the other half equines on the team came down from upstairs. Lightning Dust said, "You guys didn't come back and we were-" she cut short as she saw the Equestrians in the room. "-worried. Okay..."

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo glared at the pony-girl that had just spoken.

"And these're ma other allies. There's Flicker and Flare, the Seasonal Quartet (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter Breeze, or Chinook, Solar Wind, Gale Force and Solstice), and Blue Blaze, or-"

"Let me guess. Lightning Dust." Rainbow Dash said.

"How did you know?"

"Let's just say that your counterpart and I have crossed metaphorical wingblades before." the answer came, nearly with icicles on it.

After introductions went the other way, Twilight suggested, "Look, as nice as this spot is, it isn't the best to carry on a diplomatic conversation."

Archmage nodded. "We'll take you to the Conference Room. In the meantime, we'll give you all the guided tour. No charge."

"Sounds good to me." Twilight said, nodding. "Let's go."

Author's Note:

A short chapter this time, as my father and I are going across the country soon to see my grandparents (his mom and dad, that is).