• Published 14th Jul 2018
  • 453 Views, 31 Comments

Friendship Force! - Chrome Masquerade



When canisters of a mysterious rainbow coloured substance fall from the skies, humanity's new saviours will arise.

  • ...
13
 31
 453

Mentor's Muddled Meddling

"Look at them all." a deep voice rumbled as he looked at the screen. "Humans. So easily incited, so easy to scare."

"Yes, Lord Dominion. They are. A planet ripe for destruction, wouldn't you say?" a somewhat higher voice agreed.

"No. What if it were to destroy itself?" the deep voice said, in thought.

"Destroy itself, my lord?"

"We could give them Energy X."

"My Lord! Have you gone mad!?"

"Not all of them, you fool! If Energy X were to be given to only the greediest and most base of villains, then might they be easily subjugated, another enslaved race for us. And all the more amusing for me."

"Shall i make preparations, sire?"

"Do it. You are dismissed."

Little did either of the villains know that another was listening. "If Lord Dominion destroys Earth, there will be no force able to stop him in this universe or any other! I must find a way to prevent this!" the listener thought. "I CAN'T allow it happen!"

One quick hijacking later, he was readying to leave.

"STOP! STOP HIM!"

"That's my cue!" gunning the carg ship's engies, he launched, laser fire following close behind.

"Scramble the fleet! I will have his head! Or YOURS!"

Thinking quickly, Mentor opened a quick-gate to a random location, nearly getting caught in the gravity well of the nearest planet. Some quick maneuvering got him out of that planet's atmosphere, but not before the ship absorbed some of the energy of that planet. Opening another gateway, he sped through, one fighter still on his tail.


Below, Twilight Sparkle looked up, only to see nothing out of the ordinary.

"Twilight? You arrite?" Applejack queried with a raised eyebrow.

"I thought i felt.... No, no. It's nothing."

Though skeptical, Applejack said, "Arrighty, then."


Just over Earth's orbit, the last fighter got off a lucky shot, causing Mentor's stolen ship to take a hit and start diving. Thousands of canisters of Energy X, tainted with the energy of that precious planet, started raining down on the planet. Mentor himself ot a face full of one canister, feeling himself start to change as he crash-landed......