• Published 11th Jul 2018
  • 1,373 Views, 33 Comments

A monster born In the eyes of the world - TheLunarDragon



What Makes a monster? Who titles a monster as such? Why is it always their judgement that hurts us? When does a monster stop being one to the world that fears it? Where do they send the monsters when they are done with them? How is any of this fair?

  • ...
1
 33
 1,373

Chapter 1:

Chapter 1: The Void in my Head

Have you ever woken up screaming into what you thought was real life only to find yourself stuck in a dream? That is exactly what happened to me. I saw the images of my death flash before me and then stood up to what looked like an empty void. I was mentally tired. I thought that I had been rescued or was now dead and waiting judgment. Either way there was nothing to do for what seemed like a long time. Which probably means that it was a minute or two to other people. Don't blame me, I was bored. Have you ever had nothing to do except think about what you have done with your life and have nothing to look at except back as far as the eye can see, and yet you are still able to see your body. it gets dull fast.

Anyway away from my ranting self. I was in pitch darkness and most people know how one feels when total darkness becomes bright all of a sudden, know that it isn't pleasant. Up above me a moon had appeared and a face appeared on it. one that seemed to recognize me and seemed quite familiar.
I immediately realized why., as Princess Luna dropped down from it and looked at me in a state of confusion and then anger. I wonder why, but soon get my answer. Very loudly.

"Who are you and where is the demon who is suppose to be inside this body? " Shouted Princess Luna.

Now is where any sane man would walk away, tell her your name, or respond by screaming about her yelling. I however am no sane man. Mostly because my first answer is to say "what a pretty pony princess. I going to keep you." in the most drunk way possible. I then decided to start collapsing and pretending to be dead, by falling face first onto the floor below me. Yeah not my brightest moments, but what can you do when one moment you think you're dead and the next you are being screamed at by a dream goddess.

"What?" said a very confused Princess Luna.

"That's my line, sister. " I said, not really sure how my hearing wasn't damaged.

that moment dragged on with us staring at each other with confusion and interest. I decided to be a gentleman and asked her for her to ask her question again, only softer.

"Oh yeah. sorry. I can get a bit loud sometimes." said Luna. "Anyway, I was wondering where I was. This was suppose to be the mind of a evil creature who has been on the loose from Tartarus after being born there. I was about to battle it only for it to collapse and cry. I went into its mind only to wind up here after a while of searching this void."

"Well I am neither a beast from Tartarus, nor am I here to fight or kill anyone." I said. I was about to tell her my name when I realized that I had no idea what my name was. I was drawing a blank. I forgot all the names of all the people I knew. I knew what each looked like and acted like, but all the names from my life were gone. Whisked away like some leaf in the wind. How does one remember there entire life but forget all the names? I didn't knew and that scared me. Like a whole lot. She must have sensed my inner turmoil, because she asked me the one question I had an answer for.

"Are you doing alright?" Luna asked.

"No!" I almost screamed. "I am as far from alright, as a camel is from any frozen wasteland. I forgot my own mane. I forgot my family's names. All I know is that I should be dead and instead of that i'm stuck in my own head, trying to be calm and its not working."

I'm pretty sure I broke her at this point. I believe this, because everything got quiet. Like really quiet. I looked over at her and found her looking at the floor, looking very sad. I had just basically yelled at her for nothing. She looked like she wanted to comfort me, but at the same time, it looked like she wanted to not be reminded of something. I started wondering what, until I remembered Nightmare Moon. She knew exactly what I was going through. Stuck in ones head is never fun, especially when your not the one in control of it. I decided to be the bigger man a comfort her.

"Hey. Hey. It's ok. Look, I'm sorry for shouting. I know this situation is probably stressing you as much as me. Come here. I won't hurt you." I said as I hugged her. All I felt then was shame and light tears rolling down my shoulder onto my shirt.

After a while of us hugging I asked 'You want to help me think of a name for myself? I promise it'll be fun and that the shouting and anger will stop. Ok?"

"O-ok." Luna crocked out as she pulled away smiling at me.

"See, that's better now. I'd hate to see a pretty lady cry if I can help it." I said while smiling and wiping the glistening tears still stuck to her face like tiny diamonds.

"You are kind stranger. Very kind for somepony in your situation. I think I know the perfect name for you. From now on you will be know as Flameheart Guillotine, for your kind heart and strong spirit.'

I looked at her and said with a smile "I would be honored to except the name you have given me, princess."

"Great to hear, my friend. but I must leave now. I will be there when you wake and will help you as much as I can, but for now it is goodbye, for the world waits for no mare. Also please just call me Luna. i would prefer us to be friends rather than strangers." Luna said

"I'd like that very much Luna. I guess i'll see you in the outside world?" I asked

She nodded and then floated up into the air towards the moon. Then as quick as she was there, she was gone leaving me alone again in the void. I sat there thinking. I had a new name and a new friend already. I was excited and couldn't wait to wake up in the colorful land that was Equestria.

Author's Note:

Please put you comments below and give me feedback on anything that you think can help this story.

Edit: I changed the main character's name.

Also have a great day.