• Published 11th Jul 2018
  • 1,374 Views, 33 Comments

A monster born In the eyes of the world - TheLunarDragon



What Makes a monster? Who titles a monster as such? Why is it always their judgement that hurts us? When does a monster stop being one to the world that fears it? Where do they send the monsters when they are done with them? How is any of this fair?

  • ...
1
 33
 1,374

Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Dreams Vs. Reality

Have any of you ever wake up from a dream expecting to wake up to what your dream had promised you only to wake up to find a nightmare awaited you. Yeah that is how I was feeling when I woke up. Mostly because I woke up to the most terrifying sounds imaginable. Sound that could drive one insane if forced to listen to it for too long. That's right I woke up in a dungeon. Not just any dungeon. one where they hold anyone and everyone. from the supposed innocent to the most vial murders and rapists to the most insane people out there. I was in a holding innocent, where people go before having there fate decided by court.

I looked around desperate to see the princess that visited me during the night, but for some strange reason she was nowhere to be found. In fact, the only company I had was a pair of guards, who glared and flinched ever time they looked at me. I was wonder why and decided to look down at myself to see what made them flinch in such a way. Only to let out one of the most blood curtailing scream to ever come out of me in years.

Have you ever seen a decaying body before. If you have then you know they are not the most pleasant thing to see. Now imagine said body was moving like little creators were living in it's flesh, but not breaking the surface of the skin or wiggling out of one of the many holes in a body, like the eyes, ears, nose, or other places. That is exactly what my body looked like. My hands were now like claws and bone like. Then imagine a starving human and make it look like the ribs are puncturing threw the flesh and charred black like a piece of coal. Then lets add my tail, which looked like it had come from a dragon, only its has a stringer at the end. Then there's my legs and feet. My legs were like my ares, they were long dragon arms with the same looking flesh as the rest of my body, but they were filled out with muscle and were fairly long. Then there were my feet. They were more like the talons you would find on a bird or lizard, but more human shaped and with more toes. I counted five up front and one in the back of my feet. I couldn't see my back or my head at the moment so I told myself to check those out later when I got the chance.

While I was looking myself over, the room had gone abnormally quiet. The quiet is what had alerted me to something happening around me. I looked up. There in front of my cage was four ponies. These ponies i was familiar with, but not wanting them to know that, I kept my mouth shut. Who were these ponies, you ask. Well they were Princess Celestia, Luna, and the two guards from the entrance. I would have been overjoyed to see them if there faces hadn't been ones of discomfort to me. Princess Celestia was beyond mad, She had a face that would scare the bravest people I knew as well as the bravest people on my planet. I mean not only was her hair (mane) on fire, but it was radiating a large amount of heat. Luna was looking both uncomfortable and scared. It was almost like she thought I was going to do something.

This confused me. I mean we were talking in the dream and had become friends, so why did she look like she didn't even know me. I mean first her promise to be here when i woke up was a bit late and now my friend was there not helping me out of this situation at all. Instead it looked as if she had told her sister that I was not only a threat, but also a personal one. I mean how else could her sister have been this mad before even meeting me. This was not going to end well if I was right.

"Hello your Highness. What seems to be bothering you?" I asked them with as much of a calm voice as I could make.

All of a sudden, the very angry Princess Celestia just stopped looking angry. Her head of fire disappeared and was replaced with her aurora like mane. her face was one of confusion, like she hadn't expected me to show her any respect or show any sort of intelligence. Luna was different however. Her expression had changed from scared to shocked and what looked like a little bit of hope. I think I genially shocked or amazed them. The guards this whole time had not changed from the usual neutrality until this moment when they smiled. When does a guard smile and why were they smiling? this was a question that I didn't get an answer to. But then again they don't talk much.

"W-who are you?" asked Princess Celestia after getting over her shock. Her face was now neutral if not frowning a little bit, as if expecting me to to attack her, yell at her, or call her insane.

"My Given name is Flameheart Guillotine. Who are you if I might ask? I know your sister already thanks to a lovely dream she joined me in." I asked already knowing. "I would give you my birth name, but sadly it eludes me."

Princess Celestia looked at me as if she felt bad for me, but also looked intrigued art my name. She then responded to me after sitting down on the floor.

"My name is Princess Celestia and I am the co-ruler to this country that you are in and am also the goddess of the sun. I am also the one who control the day while my sister controls the night." She told me.

It was then that background noises started to return and it was also the moment that the goddess of the night made a very good suggestion that made me smile.

"Sister. Why don't we continue this conversation in a more comfortable environment , since this creature seems to not only show us kindness and respect, but also seems to cooperate and communicate of his own free will?" asked Luna "It would also give us the chance to ask our questions without interruption and background noise."

Princess Celestia turn to the guards and had them escort me out of the dungeon and as i walked with two guards and two princesses. I start to wonder what is in store for me . I could become friends with them both or I could become their enemy. Only time will tell and allI know is there is a long walk in front of me.

Author's Note:

Suggestions and edits below.

Also tell me if I should put music in this story or not, because I have a big playlist available.

Also I welcome any artist who wish to create my main character and show my the finished details. I will most likely put it in as the story's photo, instead of using this zombie dragon I found. Also I will Be describing the head, back, and face next chapter.

May the night guide you folks to the land of peace and dreams.