• Published 20th Jun 2018
  • 3,711 Views, 81 Comments

shimmering hope. - dragenfire68



when Anon-a-miss struck, they released a great power into the world, but at a great cost, too great.

  • ...
10
 81
 3,711

hell froze over

((future, outside of sweet apple acres.))

Sunset reached the fence, on it sat a ghostly apparition, a teenage girl, who sat twirling her fingers, the bow in her hair frayed.

"When I came back, I didn't expect this, or well I knew someone that used to be kinda close to died, but you, I'm sorry it had to be you," Sunset said to the apparition.

Applebloom sat stock straight, as she phased through the fence, before looking at Sunset, who looked at her sadly, but for Apple Bloom, if a ghost could go any paler, she would have, but the misty complexion made impossible.

"Y-YOU!?"

"Yes me, honestly I'm surprised that you died, how did that even happen?"

Apple Bloom took a deep breath and began her explanation.

Half a year ago

A long time passed, but the phrase time heals all wounds, it was a lie because no matter how much they denied it was their fault, pleading with whatever god was out there, Sunset Didn't come back.

"Ya think we should help Fluttershy again?" Apple Bloom asked her friends, as they were walking down the street, not noticing that the environment around them had transformed from the safe well-kept buildings into the ramshackle buildings of the section of canterlot that lay between the Shadow district of Crystal city and Canterlot, on the border of the two.

"I don't know." Her friends replied in unison, they were busy just staring ahead, although quite a lot of time had passed, history still haunted them, Thier actions were still had lasting effects, the school where people had once been tight-knit like a family now was a hunting ground, any feigned show of interest was met with a violent push back, no one told anyone else anything for fear Sunset was hiding around the corner, ready with a phone, but the girls knew the truth, but hiding it was eating away at them.

they continued to nowhere until they heard the sound of growling, which shook them out of their haze, they had wandered too far, and they knew it because soon they were surrounded by rotting, smelly, rabid dogs, or at least the remains.

"girls, this is it, it's been good knowing you," Apple Bloom said to her friends who had put their backs to hers, trying to keep their eyes on the pack, which counted up to about 4, which circled them, the puss and foam from their mouths as they growled splashing on the ground.

"Someone will help us, I think..." Sweetie Belle said, but that hope died as the dogs got closer.

"whats the plan Bloom?" Scootaloo asked with fear layered in her voice.

"I'll distract them, and you girls run, and don't look back, and tell Applejack I'm sorry," Apple Bloom said, but before she put her plan into action, she felt a knife get pressed into her hands

"It was at Fluttershy's, I forgot I even had it, good luck," Scootaloo said.

Without looking away from what looked like the pack leader, she nodded, and then with a shout she ran forward and kicked the alpha, which caused the pack to rush her, but luckily with her upraising on the farm, she was able to run faster, with her friends running in the opposite direction, though, early on one nipped her bow and tore it off, taking a massive chunk of hair with, but she ran on, twists and turns, but it was hopeless, this district of the city was rundown, and no one worth their salt would be caught dead out here alone.

"Please let them reach safety." Apple Bloom thought as she rounded the corner, into a dead end.

"Alright ya dirty mongrels, I won't suffer at your teeth," Apple Bloom cried as she plunged the knife into her throat and brutally slashed, causing her to cough blood and then fall face first, she soon stopped feeling anything, then she slept.

Preasent day.

"And then after a while, I woke up on the farm, those bastards were gone by the time the girls found my body, but I know who sent them." applebloom finished.

"Well, I'm not getting any younger, so spill it, who is it?"

"Well, it this worlds Twilight sparkle."

"Why am I not surprised, and by extension, I can figure that it's through her that Nicol Bolas is working."

"Who?"

"Let's just say that the way I am now, he has been involved."

"Oh, but for what its worth, I'm still sorry for what I did, I never forgot."

"Well, I forgive you, it took a long time, but I forgive you."

The spirit of Apple Bloom smiled, a true smile, suddenly ghostly chains that held her to the farm disappeared, and she glowed, but she shook her head, and she stopped glowing.

"I'm going to stay, for now, I still got more work to do, besides I gotta tell Applejack, I gotta reveal the truth." Apple Bloom said as the tree's seemed to breathe, and with the sound of tearing roots and shattering rock, they uprooted.

"Well, here's your chance, because I believe we are expected."

With the farm being so close to the school it didn't take long for them to reach the school, with the ents showing the way, they made it to a hidden tunnel that led into the fortress that was once CHS, that was once her home.

The war room

Everyone waited with baited breath, they had received notice that Sunset had been escorted to one of the few tunnels that still stood, many others have been found by the dead, with them being indestructible, except those touched by sunset shimmer, they had to be caved in.

"Are ya ready to face her, after all this time?" Applejack asked.

"Darling, I've missed her terribly." Rarity said.

"We all have, now shush, I hear someone coming." Rainbow Dash said.

The sound of whistling was coming closer, until through the doors came a fiery-haired girl, they knew as Sunset shimmer, of course when they saw her, they couldn't believe their eyes, there she was wearing a high-quality light long coat, and she looks like she hasn't aged a day, in fact, she looks radiant.

"Hello, it's almost nice to see you again."

"Whats that supposed to mean?!" Rainbow Dash demanded, making the entire room groan as her ego got the best of her, seems like time hasn't cooled her temper.

"exactly as it sounds, I'm almost happy to see you again after, well a long time, but now that I think about it, I have to sing a different tune, I'm almost happy that this place is still standing, but seeing you in it is the downside of me coming back."

"You know, after deleting anon-a-miss and then disappearing, I figured that you were worth forgiving, but seeing you now, that you don't even feel bad, that you're the same arrogant bitch that you were, you aren't worth our time."

The room was pin drop silence, everyone stared at Sunset, but to there surprise she threw back her head and laughed, an insane cackle, that seemed to bounce off the walls and reverbing until the sound was a maddening cacophony.

"I'm not worth YOUR time, oh please, I learned from a reliable source that anything you idiots kill, it doesn't stay down, but me, things I slay stay dead."

Rainbow Dash glares at her as she saunters around, taking a close look at everything like she has all the time in the world, and it was pissing Dash off.

"Look, are you here to waste our time or are you gonna help?"

"why should I help you, in fact, why should I bother helping any of you, in a matter of about two weeks, I was a pariah than a messiah, then back again, you idiots can't seem to decide whether your with or against me, so why should I help any of you, and give me a damn good explanation."

"Look, I know that we've had our differences, but can't we put the past aside, and work together like before?" Rarity interjected before rainbow chased off their only chance at salvation.

"So, the rest of you are here, good, because I brought someone along who has something she wants to say to you," Sunset noted, ignoring Rarity's question.

Sunset gestured too the open door, but there was no one there until a breath of wind came in, and then an orb of white that glowed brighter until, a small girl with a bow stood there, her skin deathly pale.

"Hello, girls," Applebloom said while waving.

"BU- BUT YOU'RE DEAD, I KNOW YOU ARE." Applejack shouted, unable to believe that Applebloom was here.

"I am, but I guess my guilt kept me shackled to this world, and now I am gonna set things right, Ah was Anon-a-miss, with the help of sweetie bell and Scootaloo, by the way, where are they?"