• Published 6th Feb 2019
  • 622 Views, 16 Comments

Creating A Hive - Authora97



The Stardust family is back in Ponyville. Morgan and Thorax have one Plan: make their new life work.

  • ...
2
 16
 622

A Cursed Book, REALLY?

If Raspberry were to tell Thorax a cursed book caused the problems, he would assume the book came from Twilight’s house. Or that Twilight was behind it all, curse and all. Had she read a spell out loud without studying it, again?

Did she just open a mysterious book hidden behind a secret locked bookshelf in a crumbling hidden room on stairs that broke as soon as the book was removed? Did Twilight do that?

Thorax wouldn’t be blamed for thinking that.

Twilight- surprisingly- wasn’t responsible for this.

Spike did it.

Spike opened a secret locked bookshelf. He walked up stone stairs to a hidden room. He picked up a stone book. While he did not read the spell aloud, he did read it to himself as the stairs and chamber collapsed around him. Then, oblivious of the world around him, Spike decided Rarity would love it!

If anyone wanted proof of if Twilight and Spike were family, this just confirmed it.

Raspberry explained this to Thorax. Thorax wasn’t blamed for his next question.

“And Rarity just...took it?”

For those curious, the book did not look new. It didn’t even look like a book. Two stone slabs, held together by brass rings. The symbol on the cover was covered in spikes, protruding out from the stone. No pages. No elegant cover. The words of the spell were etched into the stone itself.

Rarity. Rarity, the fashion designer extraordinaire, looked at it. She looked at it and decided “yes I will keep it”. The Rarity that Thorax knew? The same Rarity that tried getting him and his team in actual suits for their relay team? That Rarity accepted that book?

Yes.

Yes she did.

She read allowed the spell?

Yes she did.

She was drunk off ice cream and the consequences of her earlier mistakes, she was allowed this. It’s Spike’s fault anyway.

But Raspberry explained to Thorax that the book did not stay as two stone slabs. Rarity used the book’s magic to make it fabulous.

The book’s magic? Not Rarity’s?

Good eye!

Yes the book had its own magic. A sickening, disgusting shade of green. It overpowered her own magic. Any blue glow usually associated with Rarity got covered up. If Rarity were more aware, she would notice and hate it.

But she didn’t notice.

Spike did.

Raspberry too.

Hence why she ranted to her husband about it over breakfast.


==CAH==


The first sign was actually very obscure, very unlike Rarity. A local fair was starting up again. Rarity had been asked by the puppet master to create a traveling puppet case. Rarity agreed. Her first looked awful: two small, too stylish, the wheels couldn’t even reach the ground.

After using that cursed book, Rarity made a new one. Much more simplistic, to the puppet master’s request. The curse made sure that all Rarity needed to do was think about her creation, and it would be made so.

The only oddity came from when the puppet master asked how she was able to make it so fast. Rarity said nothing, and ran off.

Raspberry noted that.


==CAH==


The second sign came from Rarity’s house the next. Raspberry checked there after seeing about the puppet master’s traveling theatre. Thorax apparently thought everything was funny. He walked around town, leading the kids around the fair. Raspberry hunted the suspect down.

Nothing looked strange at Rarity’s house. Raspberry saw only an open door, and dresses. This was normal. Raspberry thought it was strange that the dresses were on the ground outside. Rarity would never leave dresses on the ground. Ever. Something wasn’t right.

Raspberry walked closer to the Carousel Boutique. The dresses were not only strewn about the place, but they were brand new. Rarity would never let dresses touch the ground, but definitely not the new ones.

Worse yet- Raspberry could smell the dark magic here. She knew it wasn’t normal, or good, and was most likely Twilight’s fault.

Then she remembered the episode.

And knew someone much more idiotic was behind this.


==CAH==


This time, Raspberry went and grabbed Twilight. Owlicious the Owl joined them too. Twilight didn’t believe Raspberry about it being dark magic. While Twilight agreed that a threat would be going on if Raspberry believed it, she doubted the magic was dark.

Then Twilight walked by Applejack and Granny Smith making deliveries...in their bright golden cart.

“This-” Raspberry pointed at the cart. “-makes three.”

“Can you fix it?” Twilight asked.

Raspberry held up her hoof. It flashed yellow. Suddenly, Twilight and the ponies around could see it. A black bracelet, with four colored gems. Blue, yellow, red, and orange.

“This is called the Reality Bracelet.” Raspberry explained. “It’s got a lot of uses. Right now the only important one is ‘shape changing’. I can change the molecular subject of any object I so choose.”

“Is it safe?” Twilight asked.

“Yes. For me. A trained professional.” Raspberry replied. “Not you. So you can’t have it.”

Twilight scoffed, eyes darting. “What? No! I wasn’t gonna ask!” Twilight scoffed again. “Totally not gonna see the results of it on my scanner-”

“Twilight. We don’t have time for this.” Raspberry reminded her.

“Right!”

Raspberry stretched out her hoof to the cart.

The bracelet glowed. The cart with it.

It returned to normal.


==CAH==


The fourth actually came to them. Rainbow Dash appeared in a formal ballgown- dark pink with streaks of gold. Something more Raspberry’s color than Dash’s. The worse part was that the dress wouldn’t come off.

Raspberry huffed.

Twilight gasped. “This is four, right?”

“Uh-huh.”

“I don’t care! Can one of you get this stupid-” Dash tried to tear at the cloth with her teeth. There wasn’t as much as a twitch. “-thing off?!”


==CAH==


Five came from Owlicius. The owl brought Twilight and Raspberry to Fluttershy’s house.

Fluttershy pointed out the issue. One of her birdhouses became a bird mansion, and the poor dear was trapped inside.

Raspberry planned a long, careful beating session. Just for Spike. And Twilight, for teaching him this behavior.


==CAH==


The sixth sealed Spike’s fate.

Rarity used the book to change a child’s birthday party into an upper-class full-course meal. Raspberry took great delight in changing it back to a loud birthday party as Pinkie Pie asked.

But Raspberry crossed the line on making the party bigger than before. Raspberry fixed things. She did her very best not to make a bigger mess.


==CAH==


Raspberry enjoyed the number 7.

As she and Twilight walked up to the poor dragon that started all of this, Raspberry got the urge to kick him. If she did it right, Spike could fly across Ponyville. His diamond armor wouldn’t do jackshit to protect him.

“We got another one!” Raspberry shouted.

Spike lifted his head towards them. Raspberry and Twilight ran to his side.

Twilight gasped. “Oh no, not you too!”

“What do you mean, not me too?” Spike asked, being willfully ignorant.

“Oh. Judging by that outfit, I thought for sure you’d-” Twilight began.

“What? This? I just wanted to try out a new look.” Spike posed in his new armor. Unfortunately, he crumbled under the weight. He fell on his side, wincing at the impact. He pushed himself to his feet. “You like?”

“Hmm... Well, in that case, have you seen anypony suspicious around?” Twilight asked.

“Uh, nope.” Spike replied.

“Just hold still.” A bracelet on Raspberry’s hoof glowed yellow again.

Spike winced from it. When he opened his eyes, the shiny armor was gone. “Wha-?”

Raspberry sighed. The glow faded from her bracelet. “You’ve been the seventh case today. Somepony is going around making everything-”

“Better?” Spike guessed.

Awful, Spike, they’ve made it awful.” Raspberry told him. “And it’s important that they know that.”

“Raspberry’s been fixing it with her bracelet.” Twilight explained. “But whoever is doing this is a lot faster than us!”

“And it’s dark magic, don’t forget that.” Raspberry added.

“And it’s dark magic!” Twilight stomped her hoof.

“Really dark. The kind of dark that someone would notice, unless some dark compulsion made them forget unless someone points it out.” Raspberry reminded Spike through clenched teeth.

Spike laughed, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. “But, uh, we don’t know anypony like that. Or seen them.”

“Right.”

Mayor Mare ran up to them. “Princess Twilight, Princess Raspberry, the gazebo has been turned into solid crystal, and two ponies are now trapped inside its walls!”

“Coming!” Twilight turned to Raspberry. She gave a hard glare at Spike before rushing off again.

As she approached Raspberry saw the two ponies. They smashed their hooves against the crystal walls, screaming. The crystal blocked the sounds from reaching them. It confirmed the gazebo of being air tight. Whoever made that, accidentally made a pony killing building.

Raspberry had seen better murder buildings.


==CAH==


Raspberry screamed in frustration when the ground turned to gold. Like what was even the point of it all?


==CAH==


Spike did indeed fix everything. He told Rarity the truth. The truth shall set you free, and all that crap.

Raspberry went to Killjoy’s bar. The pegasus made her sister a very strong drink, handing it over.

“Hey, dumbass?” Killjoy began.

Raspberry knocked the drink back. “What, whore?”

“You think that any of today will have an impact of Spike’s self-esteem? A major plotpoint in the Equestria Games episode?” Killjoy asked.

Raspberry blinked.

“The episode happening in like, what, two days?”

“...refill this.”