• Published 6th Feb 2019
  • 622 Views, 16 Comments

Creating A Hive - Authora97



The Stardust family is back in Ponyville. Morgan and Thorax have one Plan: make their new life work.

  • ...
2
 16
 622

Mother's Pride

Morgan blinked.

Dynamite blinked back, still beaming wide and proud at herself.

Thorax, at her side, was tapping the lid of his mug.

“I was listening but I need you to repeat that whole thing again.” Morgan stated.

Dynamite rolled her eyes. “Pinkie Pie asked me to help make something for Rainbow Dash’s party.”

“And you...wanted to build a bomb.”

“It won’t be like last time!” Dynamite promised.

“You mean last time, when the bomb you built was radioactive? That last time?” Morgan asked.

“You said it was Discord’s fault in the first place!” Dynamite excused.

Thorax pat Morgan on the shoulder. “Tap in.”

Morgan nodded. She sat back in her seat, eyes unseeing while Thorax leaned forward.

“Promise not to start nuclear fallout?”

“Yes!” Dynamite promised. “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!”

Thorax beamed. “Then of course you can! Have fun helping Pinkie!”

Dynamite squealed. She flew over, giving Thorax a hug. “Thanks Dad!” She dashed out of the house, flying towards what could only be Sugarcube Corner.

“You should hope this doesn’t come to bite back in twenty years.” Morgan pointed out. Thorax tilted his head. “What if we need her to build a nuclear bomb? Or she does it unintentionally and it blows? You’ve given her a death curse.”

Thorax broke out a smile. “Don’t give me your anxiety. It’s yours, not mine.”

Morgan smirked into her mug.

Thorax pointedly ignored it.


==CAH==


Pinkie had just sung a song.

To anyone who knew her, this was the best part of Raspberry’s week.

Yes there was a lot she loved in her day-to-day life. She loved walking her kids to school. She loved conferencing with Twilight (meaning, she annoyed Twilight until Twilight started pulling out her mane). She loved working on her Plans, crafting them for now and the future. She loved training with her kids.

But something that was fun just for the sake of being fun?

Pinkie had never let her down.

Not all women? You’re right.

Raspberry threw herself into the song sweeping the town.

“Every single day there’s something new we can plan for!” Raspberry sang, loudly and happily. “Every single day there’s something wonderful to try. But nothing makes us happy like a day that we can say ’Today there’ll be a party planned by Pinkie Pie!’”

Pinkie stretched out a banner on the dirt in front of Sugarcube Corner. She danced around it, painting it with rainbows and sparkles. Raspberry watched, overjoyed. Pinkie’s friends watched too.

“I don’t know how she does it.” Rarity praised.

“Wow, look at her go!” Twilight cheered.

“Oh, boy! This is gonna be good!” Applejack commented.

“Go, Pinkie, go!” Fluttershy whispered.

“You can do it!” Raspberry shouted.

“There’s no other pony like her, no pony that could be As great! (As great!) As fun! (As fun!) As our super party pony Pinkie!” The crowd finished.

Pinkie finished her banner, hanging it up just in front of the shop. Once it was set up, she squealed loudly. “Ooh, I am so, so, SO excited because today I’m planning the birthday bash of...Rainbow Dash!”

Dash had flown in front of the banner, covering Pinkie’s drawing of her. She flew down as she was mentioned. “Yeah!”

“Wow that drawing is bad.” Dynamite commented.

“I know but we don’t tell her that.” Raspberry whispered.

Dynamite nodded in reply.

Pinkie suddenly became serious. She pulled Rainbow Dash down. “Rainbow Dash.”

Dash looked confused by the change. “Yes, Pinkie?”

“You realize that, by enlisting me as your party planner, I guarantee that this is going to be the funnest, most fantabulous, superbial party in Ponyville?” Pinkie explained.

“Uh...yeah? I guess.” Dash replied.

“No guesses! Parties are no picnic.” Pinkie argued.

“Oh, I like a nice picnic party.” Fluttershy noted. Pinkie threw her a glare. Fluttershy wilted. “Oh!”

“Parties. Are. Serious! And you have my certified Pinkie Party Promise that you will have the best birthday party ever!” Pinkie promised, performing the actions for her standard Pinkie Promise (cupcake in the eye and all).

“Okay.” Dash replied, not even close to the same levels of seriousness as Pinkie.

“Great! Now, who’s ready to join this super duper party pony to plan this super duper pa-rty?” Pinkie offered.

“Me!” Dynamite raised up her hoof. She held up a set of blueprints she had designed herself. “I started on the thing you told me to make-”

“The Super-Duper-Mega-Fireworks?” Pinkie prompted.

“Yep!” Dynamite held up the blueprints. “I just wanna know how I make it the rainbow shape. You never showed me how to keep the colors apart until the explosion.”

“Oh! That’s easy!” Pinkie replied. “First you-”

“Did somepony ask for help?” A mysterious pony asked.

Everypony gasped, turning towards the mystery pony. He was leaning against the side of a building.

The legendary Cheese Sandwich had arrived.


==CAH==


After another town wide musical number, Cheese Sandwich was chosen to host Rainbow Dash’s birth-aversary. Everypony in town and in Dash’s friend group was excited.

Of course, this left Pinkie feeling quite left behind.

As per usual in times of crisis, Pinkie went to the one person she could count on. The one creature that never ever let her down. When Pinkie needed assurance, this was the creature always there.

And Gummy had said: “Go to the human.”

Which brought Pinkie to Raspberry and Thorax. The two just so happened to be at a Planning Meeting at Sugarcube Corner.

“-and then I was thinking you’d move in?”

“Won’t they ask questions?”

“Dude, I’m me. There, the media always ask questions about me-”

“But wouldn’t the guy owning the building ask?”

Pinkie stepped in between them. She leaned heavily on the table, tilting her head to face in Raspberry’s direction.

The pink alicorn Traveler smiled. “Yes Pinkie?”

Pinkie pouted. “I’m not the best party pony anymore.”

Raspberry frowned, patting Pinkie’s poofy mane.

The party pony’s lower lip wobbled. “What am I supposed to do without that? Being the best party pony is...it‘s...it’s my whole thing!”

“You’re not nearly so one-dimensional, Pinkamena Diane Pie.” Raspberry assured. Her tone also added a bit of challenge to the words.

“B-but what do?” She pleaded.

Raspberry patted Pinkie’s head again. Pinkie threw herself into Raspberry’s hooves, sobbing loudly.

Nopony at Sugarcube Corner paid any mind. They were well used to Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.

Raspberry was used to the crying fits, having babysat for most of her life. She brushed a hoof assuringly on Pinkie’s back.

“Pinkie, I promise. This will get better. But it’ll get worse first-” Raspberry assured.

“Worse?!” Pinkie day up. Her cheeks were stained with bright blue tear tracks. “How can it get worse?!”

“But it gets better!” Raspberry promised. She did all the motions for a Pinkie Promise. “So much better, I think you’ll find your whole life changed.”

But the pink pony didn’t listen.

She was stuck on ‘worse’.

“I’ll be a worse party pony!” Pinkie cried, running out from the store.

There was a beat of silence in the store. After the patrons and staff went about business as usual.

Raspberry on the other hoof looked like a deer caught in headlights.

“This hurts. This hurts, Bee.” Raspberry complained. She wrapped her hooves around her stomach. “I feel like she just took my liver.”

“It’s Pinkie. She may have. We are in Sugarcube Corner.” Thorax noted, quickly.

Raspberry turned her head, hawking at the coltfriend. “You did not just make a cupcake reference.”

Thorax nodded, proud and unashamed. “I did.”

Do not make a Cupcake reference right now.” Raspberry’s complaining was ruined by the smile on her face. “Not while we’re in Sugarcube Corner.”

Thorax just grinned like an idiot.

Raspberry laughed. “I hate you.”

Thorax leaned over, kissing her face. Raspberry groaned, smiling but trying to pull away.

“We need to leave.”

“No we don’t.”

“Yeah we don’t.” Raspberry dramatically sighed. She went back to The colored folders in front of her. “Let’s finish the fucking meeting.”

Thorax just laughed. He opened up a green folder, leading through it. “Did you ever see the River Song pony again?”

“Nah, figure I’d let her suffer in the Crystal Empire by herself.” Raspberry answered, blithely. She made notes on the blue folder she held. “I wanna talk to Killjoy first. Tell her what the Plan is.”

“Think she can handle it?” Thorax asked. Looking at some of the things in these folders, he wasn’t entirely sure he could handle it.

“Handle some sneaking around? Pfft. She’s not just called an assassin cause it’s got ‘ass’ in it.” Raspberry snarked. She wrote a paragraph on the folder. “Though that was why she wanted to be one in the first place. Ah, seven-year-old Darcy was so cute.”

Thorax blinked. He wanted to make a comment about seven year olds wanting to be assassins, but he was a changeling. That was kinda their whole thing under Queen Chrysalis. He himself had gone through the training to kill somepony before they could cry out for help. He was just shit at it.

Raspberry was in no hurry to correct his training. Nor to shame him for his inability to kill. Killjoy has just always been good at it. They didn’t need Thorax to know. Thorax didn’t want to know. But sometimes, he wanted to do whatever it took to help.

“But...what about the cameras?”

Raspberry smiled, proud at him. “Those shouldn’t be an issue if Killjoy does it right.”

“Magic help?”

“Magic help, yes.” Raspberry closed the folder. She lifted up all the folders in her magic, tucking them away into her Bag. “Let’s go find my sister who’s probably half drunk under her couch- again.”

Thorax nodded. He climbed down from the table. “Hey. She never comes to the meetings. Do you keep setting them up so we can have dates?”

Raspberry smirked. “...no.”

Thorax smirked right back.

He was proud.

He’d gotten Raspberry to forget (at least for now) that Pinkie had run away from her in tears.


==CAH==


Raspberry was indeed right that it got better before it got worse.

So much so that the hungover Killjoy just had to see how it all imploded. Same for the rest of the kids at the Stardust Home (still nameless! Honestly, why hasn’t Morgan listened to Thorax’s suggestions of naming it ‘Phil’?!)

Pinkie had sung herself an inspirational power ballad. When done she challenged Cheese Sandwich to a goof-off. The winner would host Rainbow Dash’s birth-aversary bash

Now it was all going well. Twilight was making sure everypony followed the rulebook- (“She actually has a goof off rulebook?” “Are you kidding? Twilight can find a rulebook for everything!”) which kept everything above board.

But it changed quite rapidly.

Pinkie was in the swing of an upbeat song. Strung up high on a pinata made to look like a rainbow cake fell apart. It collapsed onto Rainbow Dash. Worse yet, she saw in the distant crowd that a young blue pegasus was looking disappointed. Raspberry patted her daughter’s head.

Pinkie’s eyes flashed with a discolored rainbow.

“Rainbow’s not having the best party ever! And I...I forgot to let Dynamite help. I... I broke the Pinkie Party Promise! Stop!” She screamed. Cheese Sandwich turned to her. “The goof off is off!”

“But I haven’t named a winner.” Rainbow Dash reminded her.

“You don’t have to. I forfeit.” Pinkie stated. “Which means... Cheese Sandwich wins.”

Cheese laughed, but it changed to a confused sigh. “...I do?”

“Yes. You get to headline Rainbow Dash’s party.” Pinkie completed the motions for her Pinkie Promise.

Twilight “But, what about you, Pinkie?” Twilight pointed out.

“I...” Pinkie shook her head. “I don’t.”


==CAH==


She did.

After her display at the goof-offs, Pinkie packed up shop. She had cart fully ready to leave Ponyville with.

Raspberry and Dynamite went with the rest of Pinkie’s friends.

They pleaded and pleaded with her to stay.

“You can’t go, Pinkie.” Raspberry pleaded.

“You were right, Raspberry. It did get worse, but now it’s better.” Pinkie replied, her eyes watering.

Yeah that didn’t help.

“But don’t you get it? You’re both super duper party ponies. Sure, Cheese Sandwich is a great guest party pony, but you’re Ponyville’s permanent party pony. Nopony could ever take your place, and we could never have a party without you.” Dash

“Rainbow Dash is right.” Everypony turned to see Cheese Sandwich walking up to the group. “I never meant to take your place in Ponyville. I just wanted to show you what a great party pony I am, Pinkie.”

“Why me?” Pinkie asked him.

“Well...I fear I told a little fib about my pony past.” Cheese began to sing. Which as we all know at this point, made Raspberry’s day. “I hope that when you hear the truth, you will not be aghast. I wasn’t quite the super party pony like I claimed. The fact is that I was so shy, nopony knew my name. I stumbled into Ponyville one afternoon by chance and found the biggest ever celebration party dance! Everything was perfect, cheer was filling up the place. And I saw that everypony had a smile upon their face. I vowed that day to change my life, the past I did set free. For now Cheese Sandwich was a party pony full of glee. A super duper party pony- that’s what I became! I traveled all Equestria, and all did know my name. But that never would have happened on my own, I’ll tell you why. For the one who threw that party, it was you, Pinkie Pie.”

“Me?” Pinkie gasped

“Yes!”

“Hah, really?!”

“Really!”

“So I was the pony that threw the awesomely spectacular party that inspired you to become an awesome spectacular party thrower?”

“Swear on Camembert!”

“Enough with the warm fuzzy stuff, you two.” Dash scolded, pushing herself between the two party ponies. “It’s my birth-iversary, and you gotta throw me a bash!”

“Not just us!” Pinkie remembered. She turned to the smallest of the little group. “I promised that Dynamite would get to help with the party.”

The filly beamed.

“Really?” Cheese asked her. Dynamite nodded excitedly. “Well then of course you can help!”

“What do ya got for us, Dynamite?” Pinkie asked.

“Well I had to figure it out myself. Aunt Killjoy said that’s how the best ones were made- by inexperienced hooves.” Dynamite explained. Dynamite held up a big wrapped box.

Pinkie squee’d, throwing the box open. She and Cheese gawked at the device inside.

All the rest of the ponies just saw a bright light shining from the box onto the party ponies.

Raspberry held back a tired sigh. She would have to kill her sister again.

“This is perfect!” Pinkie praised.

“It is?!” Dynamite cheered, her smile wide.

Okay so maybe not murder...torture. Killjoy would be tortured...Raspberry needed a lot of help with planning the next event, which would require Killjoy putting in more work than necessary.

“Let’s go!” Cheese announced.

“Super duper party ponies- that is me and you! A party thrown by one is good, but not as great as two. Come on and let’s join forces, have twice the expertise. Now let’s all go to the party planned by Pinkie Pie and Cheese!”


==CAH==


When raising children, one should be ready for anything.

Like one becoming really, really good at explosives.

Raspberry tended to take those sorts of skills as red flags. It happened with Killjoy and she hadn’t been wrong.

Then again it was Equestria. Maybe it wasn’t a real red flag problem. That didn’t make it any less concerning.

At the party for Rainbow Dash, Dynamite was setting it up with the party ponies.

Raspberry, Thorax, and Killjoy watched with varying degrees of concern. Their kids were running among the party goers, enjoying what Cheese and Pinkie had to offer.

“What. The fuh. Did our bastard child create.” Raspberry asked in monotone.

“Bastard child?” Thorax countered, confused.

“All children are bastards. Answer the question.” Raspberry prompted.

“Looks like...she built something to ex-”

“Not helpful.” Raspberry leaned forward, looking past Thorax. “Minion, what did my bastard child create?”

“Bomb but it shoots out fireworks and confetti, and I think they’ll make Rainbow Dash’s face if not her name.” Killjoy supplied.

Raspberry leaned back. “Damn...That’s cool.”

“But- but it explodes! I wasn’t wrong!” Thorax reminded.

Both sisters scoffed.

“You didn’t add flair.” Killjoy dismissed. “Like it ‘explodes with style’.

“Well sorry for not getting your weird human humor.” Thorax argued. He sat back, crossing his hooves over his chest.

“All right, everypony!” Cheese announced. “We are here to celebrate the birthday-”

“...and anniversary-” Pinkie supplied.

Pinkie Pie and Cheese motioned with their hooves to the birthday girl. “...of Rainbow Dash!”

“Hey, everypony!” Dash greeted the crowd. Who’s ready to get their party on?! Hit it!”

Dynamite did so.

Her parents watched her device flying up towards the air.

In an aptly colorful display, it showed off Rainbow’s cutie mark, name, face, and the words ‘party!’

Both parents had to admit, it was impressive.

Especially when not even ten minutes later as Pinkie received the legendary Boneless the Rubber Chicken, they heard the excited shouting of somepony getting their cutiemark.