• Published 22nd Jun 2018
  • 2,643 Views, 93 Comments

Pacific Rim: Equestria Rangers - Loki777



Twilight Sparkle and FLash Sentry are cast out of Equestria before being rescued by the PPDC and recruited to fight in the Kaiju War.

  • ...
12
 93
 2,643

Chapter 11: Home battle (Part 1)

Intro: Protectors of the Earth


Chapter 11: Reunions and Home field battle Part 1

August 5, 2025 AD (August 4, 3824 AD Equestria time) (6:00 AM)

"Ow....my head...."

Flash got up from the basement where he was at in his underwear with a hangover from the party that a new pony called Cheese Sandwich threw with Pinkie Pie's help though the latter was more of a supportive role.

He began to think about what the future would hold as he signed as he looked out the window. When Twilight got her home back, Flash moved in since he had nowhere else to go.

"Hard to believe that things change, but I have to accept reality though," Flash said to himself.

He soon heard a knock on the door and went to it which upon opening it, he found Derpy with the rest of the stuff Twilight and him had brought with them to Equestria from Japan.

After breakfast, Twilight and Flash decided to continue to move in. After that was done, both went out on the deck on the upper floors knowing that the road to recovery would be a long one...........


Two weeks later August 11, 2025 (August 11, 3824 AD) (12:20 PM)

Aside from Cadence, neither Twilight nor Flash really talked to anyone else aside from the PPDC who called every couple of days mostly from Mako to see how they were doing.

Currently, Twilight was reading a book while Flash was busy working out. It was then that Twilight heard knocking on the door. She walked to the door prepared for anything, which upon opening the door she got surprised.

It was none other than the Jaeger Rangers of Cherno Alpha, El Tornado, Gypsy Danger, Noisy Boy, Crimson Typhoon, Azure Defiant, and Striker Eureka along with Tendo Choi, Herman, Newt, and finally Marshall Stacker Pentecost.

"What are you guys doing here?" Twilight asked.

"We came to see how you two are holding up especially Flash mates..." Herc said softly.

Just then Trixie appeared to ask Twilight about something. Just as she arrived, she then saw the Rangers at Twilight's home after running to get some things from her and spoke.

"Who are...wait, these are the PPDC personal that you two bonded with right? Oh crap.... I should start running, right?"

"No Trixie, it's okay because they're here for a reason and what happened was just tension that wasn't resolved fully and you can all come in. Trixie will stay behaved right?" Twilight asked.

Trixie nodded while under the glare of a few rangers like Chuck. After everyone got in Stacker Pentecost spoke up in a calm voice.

"We got a present for both of you two which………where’s Flash?"

“Come one we’ll show you all.” Twilight said.

The pair led the group down to the basement where it was dimly lit and death metal blasted from speakers nearby. Alexis noticed that the track playing was from Dethklok.

“Flash?” Twilight asked.

“Ranger Sentry?” Marshall Stacker Pentecost asked.

They watched Flash turn around and they saw he was sweaty. Flash then shut off the music. He just grumbled before he spoke up to the group present before him. Due to the space of the basement, some of the rangers were standing on the stairs as he sat down.

“Is that you Marshall Pentecost?”

“It is and the Rangers of Cherno Alpha, El Tornado, Gypsy Danger, Crimson Typhoon, Azure Defiant, Noisy Boy, and Striker Eureka along with Newt, Herman, and Tendo Choi every last bit of us.” Marshall Stacker Pentecost said firmly.

“I know why you’re all here….and it’s hopeless….” Flash said.

Flash got up and stared to walk away, but the massive group blocked the way upstairs. This prompted Flash to turn around and walk away when Raleigh called him.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy we're here and that you and Twilight are home again?"

"That's the thing, both of us have kept to ourselves except for Mr and Mrs Cake along with Cadence so, our social skills are low right now. Add to the cherry on top, relations with the rest of our family and friends is still rocky despite what we both did though Cadence is working on restoring them like crazy." Flash said bitterly.

"That's just a load of bull..."

Twilight then spoke, "My lover Flash is still struggling to adjust after military life even though it's looking good so far because of how it has been a part of his life for a good portion of it and now, he's just trying to find a new, itch to go for. I've seen his former fellow guards not talk to him though the Cake's twins Pound and Pumpkin Cake are a different story. Basically: he's been very depressed including me though I'm doing slightly better than him."

"Ouch that must hurt," Bianca said.

Twilight nodded and mentioned his deliberate attempts to avoid the media according to Twilight which shocked everyone as she mentioned how he had briefly slipped into alcoholism for a few days, but was stopped as quickly as it began.

The Rangers, scientists, and the Marshall of the PPDC came to hug the broken former Royal Guard one by one and started to talk to him to encourage him.

As the Jaeger Phoenix Ronin arrived, Flash finally let out all of what he was holding inside of him and for the next five minutes he cried out louder than before while outside, Cadence heard him along with a special group of guests with them.

Eventually he calmed down which Twilight asked, "Better now?"

"Yeah, sorry I was an ass wipe to you Twilight for the last week and a half, can you forgive me?" Flash asked.

Twilight nodded as Stacker Pentecost then handed both Twilight and Flash each a small package which upon opening it was a medal, but not just any medal it was a Jaeger pilot medal.

It had the image of the PPDC on it and on the reverse, was the Jaeger Phoenix Ronin. The Ribbon was gold on both sides with a dark gray in the center stripe.

"A Jaeger pilot medal?"

"If it wasn't for you two, Crimson Typhoon's Rangers and Cherno Alpha's Rangers would've been dead. Also, my son owns both of you his life and Marshall's life as well as you both saved them too. Also, you both forgot your Jaeger." Herc said.

Herman then spoke to the two, "Also, the UN has something for both of you two especially in the light of Flash's personal troubles as well."

Both former Rangers saw another medal that showed a Kaiju symbol and on the reverse was the UN symbol which the medal was topped off with a blue and white zebra pattern ribbon. It was called the Kaiju War Victory Medal, which Newt explained to the two.

"Also they both owe you both an apology for not believing in you two about the Wall of Life being flawed along with not doing enough to help you both upon hearing the depression both of you were suffering from especially Japan which they found out from Cadence that was given to Marshall Stacker Pentecost. Hearing what was going on with you two was why we came and speaking of which there are some outside that want to say something." Tendo Choi said.

The group stepped outside and saw the Jaeger Phoenix Ronin standing proud in the sunlight. Everyone saw the group Tendo Choi mentioned which had the following: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack looking embarrassed, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Spike, Cadence, Twilight's brother Shining Armor, Twilight's parents, and Flash's former teammates.

Cadence approached first and hugged Twilight first before hugging Flash. The former pilots or Rangers of Phoenix Ronin looked over beyond the initial crowd and saw the town had come out to try making amends to the pair which Twilight figured it was Cadence's doing.

Moreover, Cadence told her that she along with the Royal Sisters persuaded the UN leaders to help them the best they could though latter group more had to do the work than that of the former group though they were more willing.

(A/N: Song for the walk to the park):


Leading the pair to a park, it was large enough for many to hear the story of the Phoenix Ronin pilots from start to finish and for another pair to surprise Flash; his parents.

Standing there was the Royal Sisters, which they led them to a podium to speak. After everyone sat down, Princess Celestia was the first to speak to the assembled crowd watched by many from here.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts, we are here to honor more properly and more dignified fashion the ones who saved Equestria twice from giant creatures Twilight Sparkle and Flash. When they arrived back here, I issued a Royal Decree to basically let them back in and sadly, most have not done so as I've heard from Cadence. They’ve ranged from Flash's old pals not properly reconciling with Flash to Twilight and Flash being discriminated if not harassed for stuff that was either blown out of proportions or not their fault. They didn't receive a proper homecoming compared to their Ranger counterparts."

Princess Luna then spoke, "Because of this along with the ongoing PTSD or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder both are suffering from, this issue was brought to both the UN which they all have voted to have their citizens discourage this behavior towards them. Also, we including my sister and I have issued a pardon for both of them for all of the stuff they were falsely accused of along with Flash. Because of what has happened, we've asked both Twilight and Flash to speak on their actions from the banishment to now."


Suddenly, Rarity spoke, "But first, they need makeovers! Flash especially because he looks not proper for story telling especially with that ugly and very light facial hair...and smelling horrible.”

"Oh no..... not again,"

"What now?"

Rarity pulled a piece of furniture used for changing into different outfits along with some grooming materials which both Twilight and Flash tried to flee, but were caught and were cleaned up much to the amusement of those watching.

Spike lightly chuckled at the sight as he remembered when it happened to them long ago. It ended quickly which both Twilight and Flash looked more cleaned up and Flash wore a light blue suit while Twilight for some reason thanks to Rarity was wearing her old dress she wore to the Gala as well.

"Whoa, crikey mate..." Chuck said.

"Take a picture it'll last longer!" Twilight shouted.


After that was done, the pair began to speak about their tale much like a talk show interview which all heard about their pasts at first prior to the event in a shortened matter before getting into the actual tale as for both, it made the past easier to swallow.

They took questions and gave answers from those who asked during the tale including the time the two nearly destroyed the Shatterdome when their Jaeger first powered up along with the first battles the Jaeger was in and Herc and Chuck found themselves at one point being stared at by the Elite of Canterlot for their stunt including Blueblood.

"What? We both said we were sorry sheesh," Chuck said with a frown.

"But what you unintentionally did to Blueblood was funny," Rarity said.

Flash spoke up, "But Twilight and I’s Jaeger did catch it on camera and at least Photofinish is madder at the Changeling Dragon than Gypsy Danger's crew for giving some perverts a peep show."

Everyone chuckled before Pipsqueak asked, "Where did the name Phoenix Ronin come from?"

"The name came from the mythical bird or bird Phoenix that Celestia has as a pet which is the first part of its name. The second part of the name Ronin is from Japanese Culture to mean a Samurai Warrior wandering with no master looking for a new master to serve which Twilight and I were technically Ronins at the time. It also honored the Jaeger Tact Ronin which also had Ronin in its name and the name for Phoenix Ronin was given from a quick discussion among the surviving Rangers which it got its name." Flash

"Who created the Kaiju?" Snails asked.

Newt took over and spoke, "They were actually Bio-Weapons created by a race of aliens called Precursors who originally sent the Kaiju back years ago during the age of the Dinosaurs where I and my guests have come from, but the conditions weren't ready or perfect so they waited it out until after our Earth was polluted and the O-Zone Layer was depleted enough which was ironically terraforming it for them which the Kaiju started to attack on the day called K-Day."

"K-Day?"

"Kaiju Day which happened on August 11th, 2013 AD which on that day the Kaiju Axehead or Trespasser attacked San Francisco, USA which by the time tanks, jets, and missiles took it down six days and thirty-five miles later, three cities including San Francisco were destroyed which many lives were lost." Herman said somberly.

They showed the footage of the attack on San Francisco from both professional and amateur footage shot by many as the Kaiju first broke through the Golden Gate Bridge like it was wet toilet paper which brought back for some memories of the Kaiju attacking Equestria before the Jaegers appeared to stop them.

"It was only the beginning mates as three more Kaiju attacks happened one in each of the countries: the Philippians which was Manila, Mexico which was Cabo, and Australia which was Sydney the fourth which I lost my wife or Chuck's mom Angle Hansen. After the fourth attack, we saw that this wasn't going to stop as a new weapon was needed: the Jaeger Program was the answer and better than the bloody Wall of Life. Two pilots were required to drive it, as the neural load to interface is too much for one pilot to handle. Only three have ever flown solo and survived: Stacker Pentecost with Coyote Tango a Japanese Mark 1 Jaeger, Raleigh Becket with Gypsy Danger a Mark 3 USA Jaeger, and finally Flash Sentry with Phoenix Ronin a Mark 6 Japanese Jaeger." Herc said.

"For Flash and I those were short periods while the Marshall's was three hours..." Raleigh said with a groan.

"It felt like acid was being poured into my mind when I was doing that and Raleigh was the same when his brother Yancy Becket died leaving him to fight a Kaiju alone." Flash said calmly.

Tendo Choi then spoke, “Normally, there are two pilots for each Jaeger: Left Hemisphere, Right Hemisphere pilot control. For Crimson Typhoon, they had to create a special one for three pilots for the Wei Tang Brothers. For the Del Toro Sisters, a unique one for four pilots. Whereas Crimson Typhoon is piloted by each pilot sharing a third of the control, El Tornado is piloted by each sister sharing a quarter of pilot control. To this day, the Wei Tang Brothers and Del Toro Sisters are the only multiple groups of siblings to master those control systems.”

Everyone saw the Wei Tang brothers smiling at their Jaeger. The Del Toro sisters on the other hand nodded humbly. Then, Raleigh spoke again.

"At first, the Jaegers were proving to be a success as Kaiju's were being beaten and we started to win, but in 2020 the Jaegers saw a decline starting with Gypsy Danger even though it was repaired later on."

Then, Marshall Stacker Pentacoast showed the various Jaeger-Kaiju fights. After that, he then motioned to have Knifehead's fight played before he spoke to the crowds. For he knew that this one bit would be a bit much for some.

"For anyone in the crowd who's underage, viewer discretion is advised as you're all about to see the fight between Gypsy Danger and the Kaiju Knifehead from Raleigh's POV. Also, this shows what happened to Raleigh's brother Yancy Becket and if anyone is easily scared or gets nightmares easily, I suggest you cover your ears and eyes until it’s over."


With that warning said, the battle between Knifehead and Gypsy Danger was played from both Raleigh's POV and that of a fisherman who recorded the event on the boat that the Becket Brothers saved.

At first, Gypsy Danger was wining and looked like it won, but Knifehead appeared alive though wounded and quickly using its head sliced off the Jaeger's left arm causing pain for Raleigh before the Kaiju went for the Conn-Pod. Everyone soon heard the last words between the brothers.

Raleigh: Hull! It went through the hull!!!

Yancy: Raleigh listen to me! You need to-

Yancy didn't finished as he was ripped out of the Conn-Pod much to the shock of those watching as Gypsy Danger then fought the Kaiju despite being damaged which Raleigh was forced to pilot the Jaeger alone and was able to kill it.

He then limped back to shore before he blacked out ending the footage. Some looked at Raleigh as he fought back tears of his brother's death as he carried it on him to the present.

"Add to El Tornado, Noisy Boy, Pink Lion, Musketeer V, Sierra Vigilant and Azure Defiant vanishing without a trace, the Jaegers started to drop like flies from Horizon Brave a Mark 1 Chinese Jaeger to Romeo Blue a USA Mark 1 Jaeger. There was another Jaeger which would later become Phoenix Ronin that was being built at the time, but then the UN pulled the plug on the Jaeger Program by which only less than a half a dozen Jaegers were left in service." Tendo Choi said somberly.

"Marshall tried to appeal to the UN for one more chance, but those pig-heads threw the Jaeger Program under the bus along with those who were still alive including the Mark 6 Jaeger that would like Tendo Choi said become Phoenix Ronin which that Jaeger's construction was slowed to a snail’s pace and diverted funds to the Wall of Life program which despite failing they refused to help the Jaeger Program which is where Miss Sparkle and Mister Sentry came into the picture of the Kaiju War even though they didn't plan on it..." Herc said.

"Big deal, we still can take them on right? The Elements of Harmony could beat them right? Last time it was bad luck we didn't win, I'm sure we can try again without the Jaegers..." Rainbow Dash said arrogantly.

Flash glared at Rainbow Dash and spoke, "Tell that to those who died fighting the Kaiju without Jaegers. Marshall, let's show them Striker's triumph in Sydney."


Then the footage of Striker Eureka's battle against Kaiju Mutavore was shown starting with the Kaiju breaking through the Coastal wall in Australia like as if it wasn't even there after sometime showing that the Wall of Life was a sham. It was then that they heard the broadcaster speak.

"I'm here in Sydney, Australia where yet another Kaiju attack took place. An enormous Category IV Kaiju broke through the Coastal Wall in less than an hour."

The footage showed the Kaiju roaring in triumph. It then shifted to showing the Kaiju from Sydney harbor as the same voice spoke again.

"The Wall of Life had been deemed unbreakable by its builders."

Then the scene changed to Chuck and Herc Hansen standing in the now defunct Sydney Shatterdome in their Drivesuits being swarmed by reporters as the story played out. As Chuck saw, everyone or everypony saw that the Wall of Life was a joke.

"Ironically it was the recently decommissioned Jaeger Striker Eureka piloted by Herc and Chuck Hansen that finally took the beast down,"

The footage then changed to Striker Eureka fighting the Kaiju, which the Jaeger delivered a right upper cut punch before delivering a left arm punch to the Kaiju.

The Mark 5 Australian Jaeger grabbed the Kaiju and slammed it into a building as people were fleeing, as the take shelter order wasn't given though no one was hurt as Striker Eureka battled.

Mutavore tried to claw the Jaeger, but the Jaeger was quick and delivered another right-handed punch before it stepped back a few feet and unleashed a barrage of missiles that finally took the Kaiju down for good.


The footage soon ended as none of the surviving Rangers wanted to hear Chuck's mouth at that moment. Stacker Pentecost then took over the lecture and explained that riots happened after this with the UN showing its hubris that the Wall was still good despite it being shown to be a dud.

He then told of Gypsy Danger's restoration, relocating any stuff he could get his hands on to the Hong Kong Shatterdome including the incomplete Mark 6 Jaeger that would've been part of the Wall of Life had he and Mako stepped in, finding Raleigh, and getting Gypsy Danger back up again.

"Afterwards, I soon realized we needed more help so I ordered in secret the construction of a series of Drones to find it, but soon they all failed except for one which found Twilight and Flash which, just to let you all know the footage isn't pretty. " Marshall Stacker Pentecost said.

The footage of Twilight and Flash's banishment was shown which Princess Celestia, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Shining Armor, and Flash's former teammates looked down in shame as the footage was shown that shocked those who saw it.

Flash looked at and wasn't ashamed as he knew that he would've been banished even if he didn't protect Twilight from his former teammates.

Then it showed Flash protecting Twilight from his former fellow guards. Then, the PPDC droid appeared that played a major role in Flash's banishment before Striker Eureka and Gypsy Danger appeared to rescue them.

"Not proud of it, but I see it as a lesson to always think about what the end results will be before you act." Flash said.

Everyone saw the PPDC helicopters soon arriving, picking up Twilight and Flash and then, arriving at the Shatterdome. It was then that Blueblood of all ponies spoke.

"Quick question, how and why did those two become human and are now ponies again compared to the other Rangers?"

Princess Celestia spoke, "Dear nephew, it likely was residue magic left in them both. As for the other Rangers, likely due to them not being native here."


Then the tale got back on track as both Twilight and Flash then spoke of the attempt on their lives. Trixie and those who caused trouble at the Hong Kong Shatterdome knew that what they did was wrong and when the pair got back to Equestria, they didn't help them transition back and instead harassed them for old grudges and for not talking to anyone willingly.

Cadence then spoke of the letter that vindicated Twilight and Flash that the queen of the Changelings Queen Chrysalis wrote admitting to setting up the pair for their banishments.

Then the Rangers told all of some funny moments including a few times Twilight and Flash walked in on one another with the other being either nearly nude or nude along with a few episodes of them being drunk including Flash acting like Joe Pesci from Goodfellas during the "Clown" scene.

Then Vanoss and Twilight spoke of the battle which saw the return of the Jaegers El Tornado, Azure Defiant, Pink Lion, Musketeer V, Sierra Vigilant and Noisy Boy.

The joy would be short lived as soon, the 2nd Battle of Hong Kong along with the 2nd Battle of Equestria was told. In the 2nd Battle of Hong Kong saw the losses of Pink Lion and Musketeer V.

Then, came the Kaiju chase led by Phoenix Ronin which everyone recalled clearly including Flash before he stepped forward and asked the nerds to step forward as well.

"Though the Rangers rocked, it was the efforts of Herman and Newt that allowed us to seal the Breach for good." Flash said.

Twilight and Flash spoke of the assault on the Breach including the loss of Sierra Vigilant and the celebrations after the Kaiju War ended including the Victory Tour, their time in Japan living in a hotel during their Asylum stay, and the moments up to now which they heard the audience speak in one loud voice saying they were sorry for not understanding them and for mistreating them.

Both felt that there was still hope for them and Marshall Stacker Pentecost stepped forward to say something as Flash felt there would still a chance for good to come.

"With the tail finished, let's give these two Rangers a more proper homecoming and a celebration of the Kaiju War ending so let's hear it for them!"

The crowds cheered for them making Twilight and Flash's eyes water up a bit at the reception which H20 Delirious nodded with the other Rangers, the Marshall, and the nerds that the celebrations could begin, but first they wanted Flash and Twilight's estranged family and friends to personally apologize for what they did to them all those months ago and for not helping them readjust after the Kaiju War.

One by one, the ones Twilight and Flash knew from family to neighbors formed a line and thanked them for serving in the Kaiju War and asking for forgiveness from them.

With that said, he left to as the celebrations were planned for in three weeks for the Rangers of Phoenix Ronin were going to receive a more proper homecoming.


Then, Princess Celestia offered a tour of Equestria along with Princess Luna to the PPDC. The Marshall, the Rangers and the Scientists declined it due to schedule conflicts, but appreciated the offer.

The PPDC left as everyone got ready for the big event for Equestria. Three weeks would go by as in that time, both Twilight and Flash became closer.

Three weeks later, Twilight and Flash were both eating their breakfast as well as moments later, they finished their meal and headed out to the celebration with pride.

The PPDC Rangers along with Marshall Stacker Pentecost greeted them as far away, an old foe was heading to Equestria for revenge..........

Ending Theme: Requiem of the Gods

Author's Note:

To those who were watching this story, I am so very sorry that it took this long for it to be updated.

Because of life events, I ended up for a time being lost the spark to write and what not. I am going to finish this story. I won't do any sequels for this work.

Chapter 11 of my Equestria Chronicles Spin-off (takes place in the same time line, but deviants after the Royal Wedding).

This was based on a little thing that fellow Deviantart user Spartan889 and I did back a while back. (comments.deviantart.com/1/3099…; first look at the Banishment picture by Tan575 then the replies. Ignore the top one as it'll throw you off.

Once again, this is just to help with my writers block I'm having with other fanfictions just to make things clear.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (C) Lauren Faust and Hasbro.

Pacific Rim: including main theme and image used (C) Warner Bros, Legendary Pictures, and Guillermo Del Toro.

Azure Defiant and Sierra Vigilant (C)? Deviantart.com user rs2studios.