• Published 22nd Jun 2018
  • 2,638 Views, 93 Comments

Pacific Rim: Equestria Rangers - Loki777



Twilight Sparkle and FLash Sentry are cast out of Equestria before being rescued by the PPDC and recruited to fight in the Kaiju War.

  • ...
12
 93
 2,638

Chapter 6: Spark of Hope?

Intro: Protectors of the Earth


Chapter 6: Hope

Two weeks later...... January 23, 2025 AD

A lone pink alicorn was soaring in the raining skies searching for a certain unicorn and her friend as she spoke to herself as she flew with an escort to ensure she didn’t get too far.

"I just hope that Twilight and Flash are okay.”


Then a massive mechanical eagle flew past the group which unknown to her was the Jaeger Phoenix Ronin in its flight mode that was returning to the Hong Kong Shatterdome after a recon patrol mission.

"Hope it leads me to the two." Cadence said to herself.


The alicorn and her escort soon followed the Jaeger carefully as not to get its attention. Eventually, the Hong Kong Shatterdome came into view as the Jaeger Phoenix Ronin transformed back into its humanoid mode entering the place.

“Hope it is the right place….” Cadence said.

Princess Cadence wearing a yellow raincoat and goggles over her baby blue sundress and golden hoof shoes landed at the Shatterdome while her escort landed with her which were a dozen Pegasus guards in Crystal Empire armor as they all became human seconds later.


Moments later, a PPDC soldier appeared at the entrance to the Shatterdome wondering who was here as he then spoke to the princess of Love and her group.

"Ma'am, state your business as this area is off limits to non-PPDC personal.”

"Excuse me for the rudeness, but I'm Princess Cadence of the Crystal Empire. With me are is members of my Royal Guard assigned to protect me, have you seen Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry?” Cadence said.

The PDDC solider then spoke, "Hold on for one moment please. Marshall Pentecost, there's a mystery lady looking for Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry with a group of her guards."

"Are they here to cause trouble or something?" Marshall Stacker Pentecost asked.

The PPDC soldier looked at Cadence and repeated the question. The sole ruler of the Crystal Empire shook her head meaning no before Cadence to tell her reasons for coming.


Cadence explained that following the attempt on the lives of Twilight and Flash after the details of the letter from Queen Chrysalis came to light along with the truth of the supposed additional attempts at Equestria’s citizens.

However as Cadence further explained, the leaders of Equestria despite these revelations coming to light, they refused to let the duo back into Equestria much to her anger prompting her to go after them herself.

"Very well then, give us a few moments please as we’ll send someone to greet you." Marshall Stacker Pentecost said.

Cadence nodded before the PPDC solider spoke, "Um, do you need an umbrella miss?"

"No thanks I'm good." Cadence said as she summoned a shield around herself.


About thirty minutes later, Cadence saw the familiar face of her favorite mare as the PPDC solider stood nearby. Twilight ran up to Cadence which Cadence did the same.

"Cadence!" Twilight shouted.

"Twilight!" Cadence shouted a second later.

It was then that they sang together, "Sunshine! Sunshine! Ladybugs awake! Clap your hands and do a little shake!"

Both laughed as Twilight spoke, "Cadence, what are you doing here?"

"After I heard about what happened in the Griffin Kingdom and the events that followed including the attempt on you which, I went looking for you and Flash. My stubborn, stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking idiot of an Aunt Celestia refused to let either you or Flash back in protest so they joined me speaking of which, where is he?" Cadence asked.


It was then that Mako appeared and looked at Princess Cadence before looking at her escort with some skepticism before she then spoke up in Japanese.

"Twilight-chan, who's that?"

"Let's get inside first okay." Twilight said.

Then, the group entered the Shatterdome as then, they all rode the elevator down into the massive facility as Mako looked at the ruler of the Crystal Empire and felt a bit more at ease with her compared to Princess Celestia.


After meeting up with them, Twilight introduced Cadence to Mako by speaking first to the co-pilot of Gypsy Danger as the elevator rode downwards.

"Mako, this is Princess Mi Morie Cadenza or Cadence of the Crystal Empire who's married to-"

Twilight didn't finish when Cadence spoke, "Sorry Twilight, but I'm no longer with your brother or former brother as I've left him after like I've said before hearing the attempt on your life and that of Flash's as well."

"Holy!?! Seriously Cadence?!" Twilight asked in shock.

"Sucks to be him and now he'll learn the hard way of what it's like to essentially lose things you love when you make dumbass choices. What else is new? Flash said coldly.

"I've also become estranged from my aunt Celestia for objecting to the banishment of you Twilight and Flash's as well." explained Cadence.


Just then Herc walking with Max came up to the group, looked at Cadence and her guards with curiosity and uncertainty, and then spoke up.

"Twilight, who's the pink pony?"

"Oh, it's just Cadence who cared for me when I was young..." Twilight said.

"And that old dog is Hercules Hansen or Herc Hansen co-pilot of the Australia Jaeger Striker Eureka. Want to meet the other rangers Cadence?" Flash asked.


Herc chuckled at this as the four with Max in tow entered the Shatterdome hanger. The facility was massive to the now solo ruler of the Crystal Empire.

"Got to say that this place is massive..." Cadence said.

"It is because at its height it once housed up to 30 Jaegers in five bays which is six per bay like the others across the Pacific Rim here, but now it's just five Jaegers now and behind you above the entrance is the War Clock which is reset after every Kaiju attack; keeps everyone focused..." Flash said.

"Didn't know it was that bad..." Cadence said while walking up to the Rangers.

Herc nodded and spoke, "It is that bad as this is the only Shatterdome still open as the others across the Pan Pacific have been shutdown with a couple being given to private buyers while the Los Angeles one became part of a stupid wall of Life..."


Then Mako spoke, "At one point as Flash-kun said, there used to be about 30 Jaegers in service at the height of the Jaeger program, Jaeger means hunter in German while Kaiju is Japanese for monster. Sadly, up until Phoenix Ronin's activation there were only four Jaegers left which were at first Crimson Typhoon, Cherno Alpha, Striker Eureka, and Gypsy Danger the latter I pilot with Raleigh Becket while the others including Coyote Tango a Mark 1 Japanese Jaeger for example that Stacker Pentecost or my adopted father rescued me from a Kaiju attack years ago have been destroyed by Kaiju."

"How?" Cadence asked.

"The Kaiju are adapting quickly so much so that Jaegers after Gypsy Danger's fight against the Kaiju Knifehead started falling faster than they could be built and launched. It got very bad to the point that the UN or United Nations pulled the plug on the Jaeger program and diverted funding to the Wall of Life project which was a bloody useless wall that was demonstrated when my son and I took down the Kaiju attacking Sydney, Australia a while back..." Herc said.

"Sounds like most of the Canterlot Eilte snobs including Blueblood..." Cadence said.


Everyone in the Shatterdome hanger laughed at the remark because of how true it was in an ironic sense of the word. It was then that the tour of the Hong Kong Shatterdome hanger began which started with the Jaeger Crimson Typhoon looking proud as ever despite its near destruction two weeks back.

"Crimson Typhoon; Mark 4 Jaeger from China. That three-armed beast has three saw blades, a plasma caster, full titanium hull; no alloys, and fifty diesel engine per muscle strand. That red bad boy is piloted by the Wei Tang Triplets who live around here and are three brothers who pilot the only Jaeger that has a neuro handshake for three people. They've saved Hong Kong Port eight times and have killed seven Kaiju and one Changeling Dragon thanks to Twilight and I. The Jaeger is famous for the 'Thundercloud' attack..." Flash said while point to the Jaeger.

The group saw the triplets playing basketball as usual who paused briefly to look at the group which Cadence saw the three show the Chinese bow which Flash and Twilight returned before the brothers resumed their game.


A loud sound attracted the group which Twilight and Flash soon took their guests to the source; Cherno Alpha and its Ukrainian Hard House music.

"Over across from Crimson Typhoon is Cherno Alpha from Russia; last of the Mark 1 Jaegers in service and the oldest still active. Tesla Fists, Incinerator Turbines, and brute strength make this a brutal titan. That big bad boy is piloted by the couple Sasha and Alexis Kaidonovsky of Russi who are a married couple who kick ass together." Twilight said while pointing to the green Jaeger.

Cadence heard the loud music and asked, "Could they turn it down?"

Sasha looked over and replied, "Hey Pinky Princess, if you got a problem with Ukrainian Hard House, you got a problem with life and if you have a problem with life, we can solve that."

Twilight looked at Cadence and replied, "That happens a lot so, and you should get use to it as they used it to wake us up on our first day of training."


Twilight then pointed to the Jaeger silver gray Jaeger standing next to Crimson Typhoon's right side and spoke as the group stopped for a bit.

"Striker Eureka, a Mark 5 Jaeger from Australia. Only Mark 5 in service which Phoenix Ronin was supposed to be a Mark 5, but was changed to a Mark 6 during construction. Armed with quick piloting skill by its pilots, Stinger Blades, Brass Knuckles, and Anti-Kaiju Missile launcher, that titan is piloted by Hercules or Herc Hansen and his son Chuck Hansen."

Herc nodded with Pride as Chuck came up to the group from behind Striker Eureka's left foot and spoke with his arms crossed looking very skeptical of Cadence and her group.

"Hey old man who are these bloody wankers with you, Mako, Twilight, and Flash? Are they more trouble makers trying to cause trouble like that last group tried to do?"

Twilight looked at Chuck before replying, "No Chuck, this is Princess Cadence, ruler of the Crystal Empire who used to care for me when I was little so she's good. The group of ponies with her are the Royal Crystal Guard that are meant to protect her. She came after Flash and I after the Royal Sisters refused to let us back along with the rest of the nobles of Equestria."

"Suits, ties, and flashy smiles that's what nearly all politicians are…” Herc said.

"More like stupid f***ers..." Alexis said while nearby.

"Or legion of Dumbasses!" Wei Tang Hu shouted with his brothers nodding with him.

Everyone chuckled as Twilight pointed to Gypsy Danger next to Cherno Alpha's right and spoke, "That old dog a bit younger than Striker Eureka is Gypsy Danger. A restored Mark 3 Jaeger from the United States of America piloted by Raleigh Becket and Mako Mori. That Jaeger is armed with two Plasma Caster Cannons and a pair of Chain-Swords."


Then finally Twilight pointed at the Jaeger she and Flash flew and spoke, "That right there is Phoenix Ronin a Mark 6 Jaeger from Japan. Initially conceived as Mark 5 Jaeger like Striker Eureka but changed to a Mark 6 during its construction up until the UN pulled the plug on the Jaeger Program leaving it unfinished until Flash and I came along by using my magic into a Samurai-looking Jaeger. It’s the only Jaeger that can fly and transform along with the armor being made out of get this; Adamantium and Vibranium alloys which that's all that was found on this Earth. It's armed with a pair of Chain-Swords, a pair of Plasma Caster Cannons, a anti-Kaiju Katana Sword, anti-Kaiju Tanto Dagger, two sets of Missile launchers, flare launchers, Wolverine Silver Knuckles, and anti-Kaiju Naginata staff weapon."


Cadence and her guards walked over to the massive Jaeger to get a better look at the towering machine. It was then that Twilight asked if they wanted to see the K-Labs which they all agreed to, but upon arriving to the labs a Kaiju Dung sample landed in Cadence's mane by mistake.

"EWWWWWW GROSS!!!!!!!" Cadence shouted in disgust.

"NEWT!!" Twilight and Flash shouted together.

"Sorry about that! I'll take care of it no worries!!" Newt said while hastily removing the dung.

After the dung sample was removed Newt looked at the guests and asked while Cadence gave him an annoyed looked before calming down.

"Twilight, Flash who's the pink lady and who are these armored warriors?"

"The pink lady is Princess Cadence an alicorn who used to care for me when I was little along with being the ruler of the Crystal Empire and those are her Crystal Royal Guards." replied Twilight.

After the explanation was told Herman, was scratching his head while Newt looked confused when one of the Crystal Royal Guards then decided to speak up.

"So, what's going here?"

"We're researching Kaiju samples and don't mind Newt because he's a Kaiju Groupie he loves Kaiju..." Herman said with narrowed eyes.

Newt glared and replied, "Hey now I don't love them, I research them and unlike most I want to see one live and up close one day."

"Then why do you have tattoos of them on you then?" Herman asked with a frown.

Flash decided to break up the tension by speaking up, "Okay and let’s talk about the K-Lab before continuing on shall we?"

After the K-Labs were explained, the tour group went on to the rest of the Shatterdome which was the Drivesuit Room, LOCCENT Mission Control Center, Kwoon Room, Canteen or Mess Hall, and other facilities including the Communications Room which by the end of the day, the Crystal Empire group left leaving a new feeling of new resolve for Twilight and Flash.


For the next six months, the five remaining Jaegers tried their best to defend the Pacific Rim and destroy the breach, but so far nothing even Flash was stumped. In the meantime, Twilight and Flash racked up kills while both Rangers gave something these group of humans needed; hope that was sorely needed.

With that being said, the other rangers started to drift apart the Equestrian duo that stemmed from them thinking that they weren’t giving them the hope they were seeking compared to the days when Twilight and Flash first joined up.

The teams were still together as it was war but however, it was becoming clear that they only times the Ranger teams from Russia, China and Australia except for Herc who were slowly becoming cold to them and only being nice when the Marshall was around or when the media was present.

The biggest clue came from when one day, a good number of Rangers sat away from them except for Raleigh, Mako and Herc at separate tables though the Marshall reminded them that they should be easier on the Equestrian duo as they would have to deal with Cadence if she got wind of anything bad they did to Twilight and Flash.

What no one didn’t realize was that more help would arrive................


Ending Theme: Requiem of the Gods

Author's Note:

Chapter 6 of this Fanfiction.

Next up, new Jaegers are coming!

Once again, this is just to help with my writers block I'm having with my Equestria Chronicles and Megas WBM fanfictions just to make things clear.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (C) Lauren Faust and Hasbro.

Pacific Rim including the main theme and image used (C) Warner Bros, Legendary Pictures, and Guillermo Del Toro.