• Published 22nd Jun 2018
  • 2,591 Views, 93 Comments

Pacific Rim: Equestria Rangers - Loki777



Twilight Sparkle and FLash Sentry are cast out of Equestria before being rescued by the PPDC and recruited to fight in the Kaiju War.

  • ...
12
 93
 2,591

Chapter 4: First Battle

Chapter 4: First battle (Rise of the Phoenix)

Intro: Protectors of the Earth

January 8, 2025 AD or (January 8, 3824 AD *Equestria Time*) (7:00 PM)

It was shortly after dinner that the Kaiju Radar alert system picked up seven signatures. What was odd was that they weren't Kaiju signatures, but rather unknown types which disturbed Tendo Choi as he munched on a sandwich looking at the data.

"Alert! Unknown Signatures coming to Hong Kong!"

"Better alert the Marshall and get the Rangers ready!" Tendo Choi shouted.


It didn't take long as all the Rangers including Twilight and Flash were assembled quickly in the LOCCENT Mission Control Room which, Marshall Stacker Pentecost spoke.

"Alright listen up; we got seven unknown signatures heading for Hong Kong and this Shatterdome. Here's the plan; Gypsy and Striker will stand guard at the Miracle Mile while Cherno, Crimson, and Phoenix will confront them. Let's move now!"


All the Rangers quickly headed for the Drivesuit Room to get their Drivesuits put on and each team went to their respective Jaeger as time was against them.


Once everyone was in their Jaeger, Crimson Typhoon and Cherno Alpha were lifted out of the Shatterdome while Striker Eureka and Gypsy Danger walked out of the Shatterdome followed by Phoenix Ronin that during the test trials that everyone discovered that it could fly and transform into an eagle allowing it to carry a Jaeger and allow one to ride on its back.

The new Jaeger loosed up a bit before taking to the skies as everyone began to move out keeping their eyes out for the new threats as they weren't Kaiju, but rather something else and that got a few a bit on edge especially for Flash.

"LOCCENT, Striker is on the move heading to its position…" Herc said calmly.

"This is Gypsy here, we've reached our position over…" Raleigh said.

Sasha then spoke, "Cherno Alpha reaching the target zone disengaging transport."

"Crimson Typhoon, disconnecting from our transport as well." Wei Tang Jin said.


Meanwhile, Phoenix Ronin was patrolling the sky after flying by Cherno Alpha as Crimson Typhoon landed at its spot at the same time the Russian Jaeger did, and Twilight spoke.

"We're at bird's eye level I don't see anything. Even the Radar isn't picking up anything."

"Keep your eyes open, they could be anywhere…" Flash said.


Then Crimson Typhoon spotted something swimming to its left, but the thing vanished before the Chinese Jaeger could figure out what it was as it walked with Cherno Alpha to its designated point. The mysterious creature again appeared as it did before by swimming by the massive Jaeger.

"Movement at 3 o' clock!" Wei Tang Jin shouted in Chinese.

Seconds later, the two brothers quickly spoke in Chinese as well as they saw the same movement whipping by their Jaeger in a very aggressive matter.

"Movement at 3 o' clock brother! We see it as well!"


Then suddenly, the creature then roared out of the ocean tail whipping Crimson Typhoon knocking it down, but the Jaeger gets up quickly which inside of the Mark 4 Chinese Jaeger, the brothers quickly got their bearings back on track.

Wei Tang Jin spoke in Chinese, "Okay that was rude! Brothers! Let's show it our signature move, Thundercloud formation!"

Jin's brothers nodded quickly and activated the signature feature of the Mark 4 Chinese Jaeger; the Thundercloud formation attack as they all spoke in Chinese as well.

"Thundercloud formation!"

Twilight nearby recognized it and spoke, "That's a Changeling Dragon!"

"What now?" Wei Tang Hu asked.

"A type of creature that can shape-shift into other beings like a normal Changeling, but this is a bigger version and is a Dragon. Good news though is that based on its age, it won't be able to shape-shift." Twilight said.

"Thanks for the info Twilight!" Wei Tang Jin shouted.


Crimson Typhoon then went to engage the Changeling Dragon while Cherno Alpha went to help them but found itself engaged in battle with another Changeling Dragon which the Russian couple didn't mind as they were ready to give the creature some love from Russia.

"Let's get this bastard!" Alexis shouted.


On the other hand, Phoenix Ronin saw Crimson Typhoon was in trouble due the Changeling Dragon giving them a very hard time and Flash quickly contacted Marshall Stacker Pentecost.

"Marshall, Typhoon is in trouble! We're moving in to help them!"

"Roger that! Get to it! We can't lose any more Jaegers!" Marshall Stacker Pentecost shouted.

"Flash! Incoming!" Twilight shouted.

The brand-new Mark 6 Japanese Jaeger dodged a flame out of the blue that missed them by inches much to their relief as Flash quickly spoke.

"Thanks for the heads-up Twilight!"

"No problem, let's finish this beast!" Twilight shouted.

Phoenix Ronin then tackled the Dragon American Football-style that shot the flame at them which both stood up and the Changeling Dragon charged at them roaring.

The Jaeger then pulled out its anti-Kaiju Katana and with a quick motion, sliced the Changeling Dragon's head off by using the momentum of the charging beast to their advantage in which the Changeling Dragon had no time to dodge.

After wiping its blade clean of the blood after quickly stabbing it in the heart to ensure it was dead, it sheathed the sword and went to help the other Jaegers.

Tendo Choi noticed two more Changeling Dragons heading to the city and alerted Striker Eureka quickly without a second to waste as he quickly contacted the father and son duo.

"Striker! Two boogies are heading to the city!"

"Roger that!" Herc shouted.

"Let's get these bastards!" Chuck shouted seconds later.

A Changeling Dragon then headed towards the Australian Jaeger by quickly diving into the water while the Jaeger headed in its general direction to intercept it.

The Changeling Dragon then resurfaced which was big mistake as the Australian Jaeger proceeded to beat the ever-loving crap out of it brutally as the Changeling Dragon lost some teeth to make it look like a hockey player after a rough game.

"Yeah baby! Let's show this beast the power of Striker!" Chuck shouted.

After tossing the Changeling Dragon back a good distance, Herc proceeded to shout a finishing move which was one of the Australian Jaeger’s famous features.

"Activate Missile launcher!"

Striker Eureka's chest opened to revel six anti-Kaiju missile launchers and finished the Changeling Dragon off with a pair of missiles to the head killing it for good, but Herc and Chuck used Striker Eureka's Stinger Blades to stab it multiple times before ripping its head off to ensure it was dead for good.


Gypsy Danger on the other hand, was fighting another Changeling Dragon near the docks of Hong Kong. The Changeling Dragon like it's now other slain Changeling Dragons went to ram it at full speed intending to knock the American Jaeger down.

"Here it comes Mako!" Raleigh shouted.

The Changeling Dragon rammed into the restored American Jaeger pushing it back to the docks, but Gypsy Danger stopped the momentum and head-butted the Changeling Dragon twice giving the Jaeger some space to plan a counterattack move.

"Time to end this!" Raleigh shouted quickly.

"Deploying sword now!" Mako shouted seconds after Raleigh.

A blade came out of Gypsy Danger's right arm as the AI of the machine told the pilots of its activation and the Jaeger stabbed the Changeling Dragon in the neck at a key jugular vein in the creature’s neck, but the creature refused to die. Seeing that happening, Raleigh knew that it was time to bring in some heavy artillery along with Mako.

"Deploy the Plasma Cannon!" Raleigh shouted.

The Plasma Cannon on the left arm of Gypsy Danger deployed and fired multiple shots at the Changeling Dragon's head blowing it to pieces. Crimson Typhoon on the other hand tried to go after a Changeling Dragon trying to sneak up on Gypsy Danger.

Suddenly, it got its head caught by the Changeling Dragon and just when it looked like it was then end for the Chinese Jaeger as its head was being squeezed, Phoenix Ronin saw what was happening and dove in quickly after hearing a cry for help.

“We’re coming Typhoon!” Flash shouted.


A second later, the new Jaeger then deployed its anti-Kaiju Naginata Staff weapon and sliced off a good chunk of the tail cleanly which it then punched the Changeling Dragon away which ended up saving the Triplets along with the Jaeger.

"You guys okay?!" Twilight asked.

"Yes! And thanks for the save Flash! You too Twilight!" Wei Tang Jin shouted in Chinese.

"It's no problem and you can thank us later!" Twilight and Flash said seconds later.

The two Jaegers then saw the other three Changeling Dragons fleeing which Cherno Alpha tried to prevent one from leaving, but had acid sprayed on its fists damaging them which the Changeling Dragon tried to charge the defenseless Jaeger, but Phoenix Ronin tackled it saving the Russian Jaeger from another round of acid spit.


Before the new Jaeger could start assaulting the Changeling Dragon, its two fellow Changeling Dragons called it back which three Changeling Dragons then fled with the others enraging the Russians as they were just humiliated by these creatures.

Seeing what happened, Flash contacted both Jaegers and offered them to kill the wounded Changeling Dragon that was still in the area as payback which both gladly took it up.

Cherno Alpha burned it using its Incinerator Turbines while Crimson Typhoon despite getting its Conn-Pod nearly crushed was able to use its Plasma Cannon to finish it off.

"Nothing like good old fashion payback!" Wei Tang Hu shouted

"Yep, but the other three need to be taken care of!" Sasha shouted seconds later.

Herc quickly contacted LOCCENT, "Marshall, permission to pursue the fleeing Dragons!"

"Permission granted, don't let them escape!" Marshall Stacker Pentecost shouted quickly.

"Okay then, Crimson and Cherno you guys stay behind to get repaired. Gypsy and Striker, let's go get them!" Twilight said.

Phoenix Ronin then proceeded to transform into an eagle-like machine in which it then let Striker Eureka climb onto the transformed Jaeger prompting Flash to shout one thing.

"Um what’s the big idea, what do we look like a taxi?!"

"Flash, focus and sorry mate…" Herc said.

"Fine, Gypsy ready for a lift?" Flash said.

Gypsy Danger took up the offer and was carried by the Jaeger with its talon claws which the three Jaegers went after the escaping Changeling Dragons upon which they went through the same rift that the Changeling Dragons flew into.

Emerging from the other side of the new rift, the trio of Jaegers started to search for the Changeling Dragons. After searching for them for about a few hours, the fleeing Changeling Dragons were found.


"Well this is our stop tally ho!!" Chuck shouted as Striker Eureka jumped off.

"This is our stop guys. Activating rear jets…" Raleigh said as Gypsy Danger pulled away from the talons of Phoenix Ronin.


Striker Eureka then was able to in midair grapple one of the Changeling Dragons which Gypsy Danger grabbed another Changeling Dragon itself seconds later. It was then that both Twilight and Flash made a discovery and quickly realized where they were at: Equestria the last place either one of them wanted to be at right now which Flash cursed at this revelation.

"Striker, Gypsy both of you are heading for Canterlot! Adjust your paths!" Twilight shouted quickly.

"Too late!" Chuck shouted.

"No time to adjust!" Raleigh shouted seconds later.

Striker Eureka with one of the three Changeling Dragons that fled to Equestria in its grasp smashed into the castle taking a chuck off it which caused a bathtub to start sliding off the floor it was on in which it's occupant Blueblood shouted in panic as he didn't expect this to happen as he was bathing before this happened just now.

"What in Tartarus!?!" shouted Blueblood.

Blueblood then saw his tub was going to fall off of the floor it was an and quickly panicked as he started to shout very rapidly at what was happening.

"No no no no no NO!!!"

The tub then fell, but thankfully not to far up to allow Blueblood to get hurt as he quickly left though not before noticing where he landed had a large number of clovers in the grass while Striker Eureka with the Changeling Dragon still in its grip continued on-wards and landed in an open area of Ponyville creating a big dust cloud in the process while Gypsy Danger also with a Changeling Dragon in its grip landed in the open streets of Canterlot.

Twilight was a bit irate at the stunt of the two Jaegers, but Flash refocused her as they engaged a Changeling Dragon by transforming their Jaeger back into humanoid mode and landing outside of ironically the Everfree Forest.

"Twilight, Flash did either one of you see the Changeling Dragon that we had in our grip?" Raleigh asked.

"No, but you guys caused a mess in Canterlot and before we landed which Flash and I currently at right now, we were are able to see that the residents of Canterlot are going crazy including the Canterlot Elite!" Twilight shouted in anger.


In Canterlot, all the citizens were panicking at the chaos going on as one minute everything was normal as it could be, then shit hit the fan as everypony were freaking out as one named Jet Set was shouting in panic.

"What's going on?!"

"Everypony run for your lives!!!" Fancy Pants shouted.


The situation was the same in Ponyville as residents were fleeing the town to avoid the chaos and the edge of the Everfree Forest as well which back in Canterlot, Gypsy Danger was looking for the Changeling Dragon as it carefully navigated Canterlot which was easier said than done due to the way the place was built.

Then suddenly, the Jaeger got ambushed by the Changeling Dragon as it rammed it which Gypsy Danger stopped it from ramming it further and delivered a left upper cut making the Changeling Dragon fall on an empty Barnyard Bargains warehouse and a mansion owned by Chancellor Neighsay.

The Changeling Dragon after it got back up proceeded to shoot acid out of its mouth which Gypsy Danger dodged the shot as the acid landed on another building which exposed a resident of Equestria taking a shower which was none other than Photofinish who covered herself up quickly.

The mare looked around and spoke, "I, Photofinish hate it when this happens..."


While the she left, Gypsy Danger on the other hand tried to rip the acid sack out which it grabbed it with its left hand and tried to position its right hand, but had its other had caught by the Changeling Dragon's tail and the tail try to stab the Jaeger in the head forcing Raleigh and Mako to think fast.

"Hold on Mako! I'm going to release the coolant!" Raleigh shouted.

Within seconds, coolant was released from under Gypsy Danger's right arm which seconds later, it froze the tail allowing Gypsy Danger to break the tail free its hand and allowing it to rip the acid sack out causing the Changeling Dragon to roar in pain.

Gypsy Danger ended it by deploying its sword from its left arm and stabbing it in the head killing it for good as it then pushed it downwards crushing a cabbage cart in the process and stabbed it in the heart to make sure it was dead before the Jaeger left though the owner of the cabbage cart wasn’t amused by Gypsy’s antics.

“MY CABBAGES!!”


On the other hand, Striker Eureka was fighting the Changeling Dragon as was Phoenix Ronin who was busy with its own Changeling Dragon.

"All right, time to show this bastard not to mess with the Australians!" Chuck shouted.

"Deploying Stinger Blades now!" Herc shouted seconds later.

The Jaeger deployed its Stinger Blades and charged at the Changeling Dragon which it grabbed its tail and with one swift motion, the tail was ripped off making the Changeling Dragon roar in pain.


Nearby in the Everfree Forest, Phoenix Ronin was dealing with the final Changeling Dragon which after it landed near the new Jaeger, the Changeling Dragon roared at it.

"Come on Twilight! Let's take care of this bastard together!" Flash shouted.

The Jaeger ran forward and after grabbing a large, thick tree trunk before it started to smack the Changeling Dragon like crazy which the Changeling Dragon grabbed the tree trunk and flung it away landing near Zecora's home making the Zebra confused before it shrugged it off and resumed meditating like nothing was happening.

The Changeling Dragon tired to grab the head of the Jaeger, but the Jaeger deployed its anti-Kaiju Tanto dagger and stabbed the center of the pincer tail before using it to slice it off making the Changeling Dragon run away as the Jaeger sheathed the dagger.

"He's not getting away that easily, deploy Kamikaze Missiles!" Twilight shouted.

The shoulders of the Jaeger opened revealing missiles in its shoulder armor which it then fired its missiles at the fleeing Changeling Dragon critically wounding it. The Jaeger then ran forward and deployed its own Plasma Cannons blasted off its wings and deployed its own arm blades.

After turning the Changeling Dragon around, the Jaeger proceeded to decapitate it in a scissor fashion. Meanwhile, Striker Eureka after punching the Changeling Dragon it was facing away it tried to attack again, but the Changeling Dragon fired a sticky substance at the Jaeger’s joints freezing it in its place.

"Fuck!" Chuck shouted.

"Damnit! We're stuck!" Herc shouted seconds later.

Phoenix Ronin having left the edge of the Everfree Forest saw Striker Eureka was in trouble ran to help while Twilight quickly spoke to the Australians as the machine ran to the stricken Jaeger.

"Hang on Striker! We're coming!"

The Jaeger then jumped up before it tackled the Changeling Dragon to the ground which using its arm swords sliced off the Changeling Dragon's wings and the followed up by using its Plasma Cannons to destroy the Sticky Goo dispenser which it followed up by a punch that sent the Changeling Dragon to ironically the edge of Sweet Apple Acres prompting Applejack to peer out of her home to see what was going on.

"What in tar nations is going on here?"


Phoenix Ronin on the other hand wasted no time in quickly freeing Striker Eureka from its bonds using the Plasma Cannons to warm and dissolve the goop on the Jaeger in which Chuck spoke.

"Thanks for the help mates!"

"No problems now let’s go get the last Changeling Dragon!" Twilight shouted.

The two Jaegers then proceeded to beat the Changeling Dragon very brutally by punching the crap out of it which Striker Eureka stepped back and Herc spoke seriously.

"Time to end this!"

Striker Eureka used what was left of its missiles while Phoenix Ronin used its new Rail Cannon Pistol to destroy it leaving the Changeling Dragon in pieces.

"That'll finish that bugger off for good!" Chuck shouted.

“If it’s worth doing, then it’s worth overdoing…it…” Flash said.


Both Jaeger teams smiled at the destruction of the Changeling Dragon they had just killed and looked up and saw Gypsy Danger was still in on its way down from the mountain of where Canterlot was located carefully as it was nearing the bottom of the mountain.


However, Twilight noticed something was coming to them; Royal Guards and Wonderbolts and Herc spoke to everyone within hearing range.

“Uh oh, looks like we got company mates!"

"Let's get the heck out of here after we've grabbed Gypsy Danger because Princess Celestia promised to kill both Flash and I if either one of us returned!" Twilight shouted.

"Roger that mates!" Chuck and Herc shouted together at once.


With that said, Phoenix Ronin transformed into an eagle once more which Striker Eureka hopped on and it took off heading towards Gypsy Danger which it picked the Jaeger up like a fish where it was then that the trio of Jaegers fled the scene quickly with a group of ponies after them.

"Hey there mates, Striker Eureka now has twelve kills to date! A new record! Gypsy Danger has seven now, Crimson Typhoon now has eight, Cherno Alpha has seven because it took down one Changeling Dragon with Crimson Typhoon with Phoenix Ronin's help, and Phoenix Ronin has four kills to date both solo and with other Jaegers help which is a record for a Japanese Jaeger!" Chuck shouted with pride.

Everyone just groaned and rolled their eyes at Chuck's remark though they found it a bit funny as they headed back to the Shatterdome which Flash decided to see what was following them. What he found surprised him and he alerted the Gypsy Danger and Striker Eureka teams.

"Fellas, I got multiple contacts on my radar." Flash said quickly.

"Same here as well mate." Chuck said.

"We also have the same as well." Mako said seconds later.

Flash turned on the rear-view camera to see for sure who was following them and found out who it was; the Wonderbolts, Pegasi Royal Guards, and even Rainbow Dash.

"Fellas we got company hot on our tails and closing fast in about three minutes!" Twilight shouted.

The other two Jaegers looked at the video feed of the flying Pegasus party behind them and Herc quickly spoke to everyone listening in on the same channel.

"Looks like they're not happy with the destruction that was caused by us and those Changeling Dragons."

"That's because you damn idiots jumped off recklessly before we could figure out where we were at!!!" Twilight shouted.

"Hey now! Nobody got hurt! That's what matters the most right? Besides, that's how we roll baby!" Chuck shouted seconds later.

Herc shook his head and spoke, "I swear if you Chuck keep this up, I'll kick your bloody ass! Also, Twilight and Flash, I hope they won't be mad and will understand."

"Mad?! They will be mad!! You idiots could've destroyed Flash and I's only chance to return home! You all better hope that Princess Celestia is nice to you fellas because she won't be to either Flash or I because she'll kill both of us if we dared try to return!!!!" Twilight shouted.

"Guys, less talking and more losing those pursuers and getting back to the Shatterdome…" Raleigh said.

"Let’s deploy flares to throw them off." Mako said.

The three Jaegers deployed flares to throw their pursuers off allowing them to get away quickly which by the time the flares died down, the three were too far ahead to be caught up.


The three Jaegers made it back to the Shatterdome through the same rift as before, but barely and as they were arriving, Twilight noticed a group of helicopters and vans heading to the Shatterdome that weren't PPDC, but rather they were one thing that all were familiar with; news reporters.

"Great, just we needed; paparazzi…" Flash said with annoyance.

"Well given the fact that you and Twilight saved China's Jaeger along with Russia's and let those two get payback plus that both those nations have rather um…big egos…..so…yeah," Raleigh said.

"You know mates, I got one question." Chuck said.

Mako then spoke, "What is it?"

"If Twilight and Flash were ponies and became human when they arrived here, why didn't they change back when were in Equestria mates? Any ideas?" Chuck asked.

"Could be that we weren't there for very long." Raleigh said.

After the Jaegers arrived back at the Shatterdome, the six pilots exited their Jaegers and headed towards the media hounds with Marshall Stacker Pentecost leading them. Plan was simple; wave, smile, say a few things, and tell the reporters to leave.


Around the world regardless of time zone, the world got to see the match between the Jaegers and the Changeling Dragons before it showed the six pilots standing in the Hong Kong Shatterdome to everyone around the world including a certain UN group as a female reporter spoke up.

"Good evening or morning or afternoon to those watching. Today at 7:00 PM Hong Kong time, seven what looked like to be dragons attacked or tried to attack the city of Hong Kong, China. These Dragons were soon defeated by the Jaegers two whom were nearly lost, but were saved by the might of the newest and final completed Jaeger that just entered service today which its name is called Phoenix Ronin.”

The news networks around the world showed the footage of the fight in Hong Kong before it switched to the Shatterdome where the world saw not only the pilots of Striker Eureka, but also Gypsy Danger's new team and finally the team driving the new Jaeger. One looked more like a nerd type while the other looked more like a flying type.

"Look, those bloody Wanker dragons thought they could take down the Jaegers, but they were wrong! By taking down two of those Kaiju-wannabes Striker Eureka has now 12 kills to date, that's now a new record! Thanks to the new Jaeger Phoenix Ronin, Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon were able to get payback and another kill to their records; Crimson with 8 and Cherno with 7 while Gypsy also now has 7 kills and that new Jaeger has now 4 kills!" Chuck said with pride.

The BBC reporter then spoke, "You're still keeping track of kills? Why?"

"Why yes, you got a problem? It’s a bit of a pride thing lady…" Chuck said.

"Chuck, shut it…" Raleigh said.

It was then that a reporter asked a question, "Who are your new friends?"

"Right now, I won’t share their names right now; both former residents of a nation I can't disclose right now. Despite both being new to this game, have managed to grasp the basics of Jaeger piloting thank you, no more questions please…" Marshall Stacker Pentecost said.


The six Rangers and the Marshall soon left though they stuck around for some pictures as they left for Marshall Stacker Pentecost's office to be debriefed on the battle.........


Ending Theme: Requiem of the Gods

Author's Note:

Chapter 4 of my Equestria Chronicles Spin-off (takes place in the same time line, but deviants after the Royal Wedding).

This was based on a little thing that fellow Deviantart user Spartan889 and I did back a while back. (comments.deviantart.com/1/3099…); first look at the Banishment picture by Tan575 then the replies. Ignore the top one as it'll throw you off.

Blueblood's mishap is inspired by Cleveland Brown's bathtub mishaps from Family Guy as it won't be the last time it will happen to him. Inspired by this clip:

Next Chapter will have both Twilight and Flash dealing with the aftermath of the battle.

Once again, this is just to help with my writers block I'm having with my Equestria Chronicles and Megas WBM fanfictions just to make things clear.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (C) Lauren Faust and Hasbro.

Pacific Rim including the main theme and image used (C) Warner Bros, Legendary Pictures, and Guillermo Del Toro.