• Published 29th Apr 2018
  • 1,923 Views, 67 Comments

Sunset Shimmer's Equestrian Friendship Tour - CapNTilfy



Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria to bond with the Mane 6 and discover the secrets of a long lost book. Book One of "Not Just Any Other Old Day", which is the second part of a trilogy.

  • ...
3
 67
 1,923

Sugarcube Corner

"Hiya, SunShim!" said Pinkie.

"Oof!" said Sunset as she landed on the ground. "Hi...Pinkie." she said as she struggled to regain the breath that was abruptly taken from her lungs. "Wait. How do you know that nickname?" she asked.

Pinkie smiled. "Uh, duh! I read the fanfic from the beginning to the very moment you guys showed up!"

Spike, Sunset, Twilight and Starlight blinked.

"What?" said Pinkie. "I don't want to read ahead of the readers, I want to be just as surprised as they are!" she said, punctuating her giant grin with a squeaking noise.

"Oookay." said Sunset. "So it's just you being you."

"Yupperooni!" Pinkie said cheerfully.

Sunset smiled and rolled her eyes. "So I'm guessing you already know why I'm here then?"

"Indeedily!" said Pinkie. "It's another one of those magical object of personal destiny things!"

"Eh. Pretty much." said Sunset.

"Buuut, you can still tell me anyway for the sake of consistency!" Pinkie grinned.

Sunset shrugged and told Pinkie everything that had happened up to the point they arrived in front of Sugarcube Corner.

"Yup. Pretty much word for word." said Pinkie.

"So where do we go from here? Things haven't moved this quickly before." said Starlight.

"Well." said Pinkie. "You could always show me that picture you've been carrying around with you. I only have a detailed description to go on."

Sunset smiled and took the drawing out of her saddlebag.

Pinkie took a good look at it. "Oh, sweet Celestia...words don't do it any justice!" she said before she immediately began bawling, creating tiny puddles of water on both her left and right sides.

"I know, right?" said Sunset, putting her drawing away before it got drenched by Pinkie's tears.

Pinkie stopped crying all of a sudden. "So, whatcha wanna do?" she asked.

"Hmm." Sunset put her hoof to her chin.

Twilight leaned over to Sunset and whispered into her ear. "Why don't you ask her about her party planning cave?"

"Wait, what?" said Sunset.

Pinkie leaned over to Sunset and whispered in her other ear. "She wants you to ask about my party planning cave."

Sunset blinked. "Oookay. What about your party planning cave?" she said.

"Sounds like a good idea to me!" said Pinkie. "Come on in and I'll show you around!"

They all walked into Sugarcube Corner. "This way!" Pinkie said as she gestured all of them towards the lower banister of the staircase. She made a walkie-talkie static noise. "This is Party General Pinkie Pie, over! Deploying troops to party drop zone!" She said, then grinned as she touched the banister. "Hold onto yer plots, ladies!"

Sunset gave Pinkie a look of confusion. "Why?" the floor dropped out from under her. "Oh, shi-" she fell and slid down to the cave, complete with a fairly rough landing. "Ow." she said. "Maybe a more proper warning would have helped."

"Are you okay, Sunset?" asked Twilight.

"Yeah. I'm just a little disoriented, that's all." said Sunset as she slowly stood up. "...Wow." Sunset took notice of her surroundings. The floor was a light shade of purple, with several pastel spots of varying colors and sizes. There were several party supplies around the cave, as well as cakes, giant cupcakes and more filing cabinets than she had ever seen in one place!

"Again...wow." The smell of all the sweets in the air was almost overwhelming. "I had no idea you were so organized, Pinkie!"

Pinkie Pie smiled. "Well, I can't plan a part in a sloppy room now, can I?" she said.

Sunset laughed. "No, I guess not." she looked around. "How do you manage to find time to do all of this if you're either working or hanging out with your friends?"

"You'd be surprised how much free time I have, Sunset." said Pinkie.

"Knowing you, I guess you're right." said Sunset.

Pinkie giggled. "Looks like you've made a new friend." she said to Sunset and pointed at her tail.

Sunset looked behind her and saw that a young alligator had clamped its mouth onto her tail. Her eyes widened with fright. "Holy fuck!" she yelled, before running full speed into the slide that brought her down to the cave. Dazed, she stumbled for a few steps, then fell over.

All her friends rushed toward her. "Sunset!" said Pinkie. "Are you okay?"

Still dizzy, all Sunset could manage to say was "No, Mister Meow-Meow, that's a salad fork!" then blacked out.

Sunset?

All Sunset could see was pitch black. What happened to her?

Sunset?

All she could remember was being at Sugarcube Corner in Equestria, in Pinkie Pie's party planning cave.

Sunset!

Wait. Wasn't there something on her tail before she passed out?

Sunset!

Oh shit, now she remembered! It was an-

Sunset awakened from her blackout. "Alligator!" she shrieked.

Twilight cast a telekinetic spell to hold Sunset in place.

"I'm sorry, Sunset." Pinkie said, her ears drooping. "I should have warned you ahead of time."

"Wait..." Sunset said, putting two and two together. She looked around for the alligator, only to find it was still clamped tightly onto her tail. "Is this...Gummy?"

Realizing Sunset had calmed down, Twilight dissipated her telekinesis.

"Yeah." said Pinkie. "Are you okay?"

Sunset took a breath and exhaled. "I am now, now that I know something isn't trying to eat me."

Pinkie's ears perked up. "That reaction was something else! When Twilight first met Gummy, she had her back arched like a freaked out cat!"

Sunset and Starlight laughed at the mental image as Twilight blushed.

"Can you stick around for dessert?" asked Pinkie.

"I think I can spare a little bit of time..." said Sunset.

During dessert, Pinkie had told Sunset about all the parties she had ever thrown, from her very first to her most recent. She did so in a surprisingly short amount of time.

"Hey." said Sunset. "When did Princess Luna raise the moon?"

Twilight thought for a moment. "Hmm. Probably an hour or two ago."

"Well it was a blast hanging out with you, Pinkie Pie." Sunset smiled.

"Same here!" said Pinkie. "You should come back again soon!"

"You can count on it!" Sunset said with a wink.

They all said their goodbyes.

As Sunset, Twilight, Starlight and Spike left Sugarcube Corner, Sunset checked the book again. "Nope. Still nothing." She felt a wave of disappointment wash over her.

"Hey now, it's not the end of the world." said Twilight. "Remember what happened in your dream?"

Sunset thought back to the dream she had. and her eyes lit up. "Of course! The weekend sleepover! Thanks for reminding me, Twilight!" she hugged her.

"You're welcome." Twilight smiled. "Now let's get you home."

Twilight teleported the group back to the Castle of Friendship. They walked to the library where the mirror was, and much to all of their surprise, they found Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Applejack waiting for them.