• Published 29th Apr 2018
  • 1,917 Views, 67 Comments

Sunset Shimmer's Equestrian Friendship Tour - CapNTilfy



Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria to bond with the Mane 6 and discover the secrets of a long lost book. Book One of "Not Just Any Other Old Day", which is the second part of a trilogy.

  • ...
3
 67
 1,917

Canterlot Library

Sunset, Starlight and Spike finally arrived at the entrance to the Canterlot Library where a stern Twilight Sparkle was waiting for them.

"There you are, Sunset! Where were-" she stopped mid-sentence once she noticed Starlight. "Hey, Starlight. What brings you here?"

"Sunset just happened to be in the map room when I was called for a friendship problem at the School of Friendship." answered Starlight. "After that, I just kind of went along for the ride."

Twilight smiled. "Well you're here now, so let's all go inside." she said.

"So", said Sunset. "Are you done freaking out over the restricted section yet?" she grinned.

Twilight blushed. "Are you kidding? Of course not! That section is bigger than it looks."

Sunset laughed. No matter which world I'm in, it's always fun to tease Twilight Sparkle. she smiled. "All right, let's get into the library already."

----------------------------------------------

"Wow." said Starlight as the four entered the restricted section. "This is incredible! I...I..."

Sunset grinned widely. "Nowhere near as excited as you were, but I'll take it." she said to Twilight.

Twilight giggled. "I've still been reading and re-reading so much that I haven't had time to fix the archives' mechanical catalog. Not that I think I'd want to, I'd much rather organize it by hoof."

Sunset, Starlight and Spike smiled and rolled their eyes.

"So...where's Clover the Clever's book?" asked Sunset.

Twilight smiled sheepishly. "Oh! Right. Almost forgot about that." She reached under the desk she and Sunset used to research the Memory Stone and produced a brown book with clovers all over the cover.

Starlight, Sunset and Spike all walked up to the book. Sunset began to use her magic on the book when it started to glow, then levitate on its own. "Whoa!" yelped Sunset. "Did this happen when you found it?" she asked Twilight.

"No!" Twilight responded. "I don't even know what's happening!"

"Can you at least tell if it's a good or a bad thing??" asked Spike.

"We'll know in a few seconds!" Starlight said, shielding her eyes from the glow as it intensified.

After a couple of seconds, the book stopped glowing and fell back onto the desk.

The four of them just stared at it, unsure of what action to take next.

"Okay." said Twilight. "I think I have a theory." She looked at Starlight. "Try levitating that book and see what happens."

Starlight nodded, but felt a wave of uncertainty as she prepared herself. She closed her eyes and used her magic. The book was levitating, but not glowing. Starlight let out a sigh of relief and wiped sweat off her brow. The others took notice and gave her a look of concern. Starlight blushed and laughed with embarrassment. "What? The unknown can be very scary sometimes."

Twilight looked at Spike. "Okay, Spike." she said. "Your turn."

Spike looked at Twilight, eyes wide. "But I don't have magic like the three of you."

Twilight smiled. "I know, but I just wanted to confirm something." she said as she gave him a look of assurance.

"Okay" Spike said. He gulped, put on a face of determination, rolled up sleeves he didn't have and picked up the book. "Huh." he said. "Nothing."

Twilight's smile widened. "Okay, Sunset. Now you try again."

Sunset looked confused at first, but complied, an idea of what Twilight was thinking entering her head. "Here goes nothing...but it better be something." As soon as her magic took hold of the book, it started glowing again.

Twilight was ecstatic. "I knew it!" she said.

Sunset let go of the book, in shock.

Starlight and Spike looked at each other in confusion, then at Twilight and Sunset.

"So?" asked Starlight. "What does this mean?"

Sunset stared at the book incredulously. "I...I think it means this book was meant for me. Like it's a part of my destiny from the dream I had the night before."

Twilight gaped at Sunset. "Wait...what?"

Sunset smiled. "I guess now's as good a time as any to tell you what happened before you sent me that message, Twilight. You see..."

----------------------------------------------

"...and that's when you sent me the message about this book." Sunset said.

Twilight and Spike remained silent, both of their jaws dropped.

Sunset looked at Starlight with a grin. "Want to play magic rock, paper, scissors to see who picks whose jaw up?"

Starlight laughed. "I'm game if you are!"

Before they could get started, Spike and Twilight had snapped out of their daze.

"Wow. I don't know what to make of that...but I do wish I could have seen it." said Twilight.

"You don't have to, Twilight." said Sunset as she reached into her saddlebags and brought out a piece of paper with a drawing. She showed it to Twilight.

Twilight looked it over and started tearing up. "Oh...wow..." she said.

"Let me see, let me see!" said Spike. He gently took it from Sunset's hoof and his eyes widened. "Sweet Celestia...it's...it's..."

"I know. It's hard to put it into words." said Sunset, fighting tears of her own.

Starlight's curiosity got the better of her and she levitated the drawing towards herself. She put her hooves to her mouth in an audible gasp. "I...I've never seen anything like it."

Sunset smiled. "Are you guys going to be okay, or do you all need a moment?"

Starlight, Twilight and Spike calmed down after a couple of minutes.

"Okay." said Sunset. "So we've established that this book is clearly meant for me. But why?"

"Why not open it up?" ask Starlight. "Maybe some of the pages have been filled in."

"Worth a check." said Sunset as she opened the book. "Hm. Still no title." she said as she continued to flip through the pages. She suddenly stopped at one point. "Wait. What's this?"

Sunset had stopped on a page with a picture of the founders of Equestria. Each of them standing in a circle and smiling. "I wonder what this means?"

"Well," said Twilight. "From what you've told me about your dream, we have to see all of my closest friends so you can get to know them. Right?"

"Right." said Sunset.

"Then let's not waste any more time!" Twilight said and teleported the four of them to the Canterlot train station.