• Published 29th Apr 2018
  • 1,917 Views, 67 Comments

Sunset Shimmer's Equestrian Friendship Tour - CapNTilfy



Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria to bond with the Mane 6 and discover the secrets of a long lost book. Book One of "Not Just Any Other Old Day", which is the second part of a trilogy.

  • ...
3
 67
 1,917

The School of Friendship

Upon entering the School of Friendship, Sunset went slack-jawed. "This...is...amazing!" She said as she looked around.

Starlight giggled. "Why don't you check the place out while I solve the friendship problem?"

Sunset nodded and the two went their separate ways. She wandered the halls, taking in the sights of this new building. "Wow...I've never seen anything like it!" She walked the halls, soaking in all the details. Honesty Class: Professor Applejack? Sunset stifled a giggle. Generosity Class: Professor Rarity. "Okay...that's new." Kindness Class: Professor Fluttershy...okay, this is getting weird. Laughter Class: Professor Pinkie Pie. Now that I'd like to see. Loyalty Class...Professor...Rainbow...Dash! Sunset immediately descended into a fit of laughter.

"Oh, Celestia...that's priceless!" she said as she recovered from her laughter and wiped a tear from her face. "Oh, man...I can't wait to tell everyone about this back home. I should take a picture of their faces!" Sunset caught her breath and continued further down the hallway. "Head Mare...Twilight Sparkle." Sunset rolled her eyes. "Naturally." She neared the end of the hallway. "Starlight Glimmer...Guidance Counselor." A smile crossed her face. "Ooh, I should ask her about that when I see her." Wait, if they all have roles, what about Spike? that's another thing I'll have to ask Starlight or Twilight.

Sunset changed direction and saw student photos. She first noticed a picture with a green earth pony with a Cutie Mark consisting of three turtles. She read the plaque. "Sandbar..." She did a double-take at the second photo. Is that a yak?! "Yona..." Her eyes went wide. "A hippogriff?!" she looked at the plaque. "Silverstream..." I don't even know who or what that's supposed to be... she looked at the plaque. "Ocellus..." She looked at the next photo. "Ooh, a dragon....Smolder." and she looked at the last photo. "Gallus. A Griffon. Wow."

Feeling overwhelmed by all the new information, Sunset ran outside and took a deep breath of fresh air. "Whoa." she said. She was outside now, but not at the entrance like she expected. She looked around and saw four small bridges. Two of them were connecting each half of the square, while the other two led to a center which was occupied by a fountain in the middle of some grass. Surrounding the grass and bridges was a moat.

"This is breathtaking...I wonder how long it took to make this whole school?" Sunset wondered out loud. She closed her eyes and let the sound of the flowing water fill her with calm. "Ahh." she sighed. "I could get used to this..." She felt herself relax like she never had before. After a few minutes passed, she opened her eyes. "Okay. I am definitely going to listen to ASMR more often when I get back home." she said. "Anyway...moving on!"

After more wandering, Sunset came across Twilight's lecture room. Scrolls were stacked neatly among the books. Surrounded by the scrolls was an arc with a pattern of Princess Twilight's Cutie Mark. Just under it was a blank chalkboard. Just to the right of the chalkboard and lecture podium was a writing desk with parchment, quills and several different colors of ink. Nice place! I wonder if I've ready any of the books she's got stashed around here. She took a quick glance at all the shelves and made mental notes on which ones piqued her interest. "Next stop!"

Sunset ended up finding herself in the gym. There were several buckball practice buckets scattered on the floor. Several large rings were suspended from the ceiling, which Sunset surmised were there as goals for aerial sports. Almost makes me wish I could fly. Almost . The walls were decorated with clouds and rainbows. Higher up in the gym were banners of Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark and the emblem of the School of Friendship. She stared at a blank chalkboard behind a desk. Why do blank chalkboards bother me so much?! she thought.

"Finding everything okay?" ask Starlight as she entered the gym.

"Gah!" Sunset let out a yelp as she jumped. Once she landed, her face turned bright red. "God...fucking...dammit!" She punctuated the first and last words with a rear and a buck, respectively.

Starlight Glimmer stared at Sunset with shock, not expecting such a sudden outburst.

Sunset regained her composure and blushed. "Oh, Celestia...I'm sorry." she said as her ears flopped. "I've been startled so many times over the last forty-eight hours that It's really starting to get to me."

Starlight smiled awkwardly. "Feel any better?" she asked.

Sunset smiled. "Yeah. I just needed to vent. Thanks for not freaking out on me." she said as her ears perked back up.

Starlight laughed. "Why would I freak out?"

Sunset gave Starlight a look of confusion. "Why? Because I just said 'fuck'!"

Starlight laughed again. "Oh, I get it. Do you remember the look on my face the first time I heard that word during my visit?"

Sunset looked confused. "Yeah. You didn't react at all."

Starlight smiled. "It's true we ponies don't swear. The worst known word here is 'peeved'. At least, that's the worst word I've heard here. All those swear words that human people use have no meaning or power here. The worst you'd get from yelling that out would be confused stares. Regardless, I wouldn't want you saying them in front of fillies or colts. You know how impressionable they can be."

Sunset's eyes widened. "I don't know how I feel about that. So this means all dirty jokes are down the drain and now I have to make terrible horse puns all the time?"

Starlight barked a laugh. "Welcome back to Equestria, Sunset Shimmer." she said with a grin.

Sunset laughed in return.

"Well, now that I've solved the friendship problem, I think it's time we made our way to Canterlot. Don't you?" Starlight said as she her hoof around Sunset.

"Lead the way." said Sunset, grinning widely.

"To the train station, then. I can catch you up on everything that happened since the Memory Stone incident, and you can tell me what all I've missed." said Starlight as they made their way to Canterlot.