• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 3,116 Views, 186 Comments

Vampirisim - Wishes



Who knew that a vampony can so easily fit in to the pony society?

  • ...
13
 186
 3,116

Chapter Four

"Where is Rainbow Dash today?" Pinkie wondered aloud.

The group of ponies followed her. Their hoofsteps made echoing noises through the loud, blowing wind. Applejack shrugged in response, along with the others. Nopony knew where Rainbow Dash was.

"Uh...maybe Fluttershy knows! Or...she could help. With her wings, she can reach higher places then us," Twilight Sparkle explained wisely, "We'll surely find Rainbow Dash with her."

Applejack looked up at the sky as they changed their direction. "Er...why are we gettin' Rainbow for again'?"

Pinkie Pie giggled. "We need to make an army, silly! So we can defeat Nightmare Moon together!"

"It was my idea," Rarity said gracefully.

There was a silence. Rarity inspected her horse shoes while Applejack adjusted her hat for comfort; Twilight Sparkle led the way while Pinkie Pie glanced nervously at the light.

But finally, they had arrived at Fluttershy's Cottage. It looked dark inside, with most of the cottage's curtains closed; Pinkie saw it safe and shady enough to transform inside without getting those extremely bad sunburns she got near the light. When she wasn't in vampony form, she had a stronger coat against the sun, though it was lighter then most ponies'. The thought of Fluttershy disbelieving her, however, was horrifying. What if Fluttershy didn't believe her? The sweet and innocent pony seeing a vampony would probably scar her...maybe it'd scare her?

Pinkie Pie shivered. It would be absolutely horrible to lose a friend. But, so far, it seemed like telling her friends her secret was getting easier and easier. It seemed odd that it did. Maybe Fluttershy would know without Pinkie even telling her? And what about Rainbow Dash? Rainbow didn't seem like the one who'd really accept and believe things, even if she wasn't Twilight Sparkle, or any other of those obsessively logical unicorns.

The rest of the group followed Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie over the bridge to the door. Twilight Sparkle knocked loudly, the sound loud and clear enough to be heard by anypony inside.

"Er...hello?"

The door creaked open to leave Pinkie Pie and Twilight face-to-face with the familiar cyan pegasus. Her rainbow mane was blowing to the wind outside, her eyes squinting through the annoying sunlight.

"Oh, um, hey guys," Rainbow Dash said.

"What are you doing at Fluttershy's?" the party pony asked.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. Suddenly the yellow Pegasus' head popped out from Rainbow Dash's slightly-opened door, kindly greeting her friends.

"Oh...um...hello! Rainbow Dash and I...if you don't mind me telling them...were just training Tank! He's getting real good at his flight machine, so I thought about teaching him some 'cool' new tricks! Um, right Rainbow? If you want to agree with me of course..."

"Oh, uh, yeah. Tank's flying is improving, and soon he'll be able to fly with me in the clouds. And...can they come in Fluttershy? The sun's really annoying!"

Pinkie Pie raised an eyebrow at Rainbow Dash. Maybe she was a vampony, with her ideal magenta eyes. It was well enough close to red, but she knew Rainbow Dash spent lots of time in the sun, and most vamponies hated to spend time in the sun. Since Pinkie was a rare kind, she could tolerate it more then regular vamponies outside their vampony form.

Pinkie Pie peeked inside the cottage and quickly threw away the thought of Rainbow Dash being a vampony. It looked like complete darkness inside, even to a vampony who could see quite well in the dark. Since they were the children of the night, after all.

Rainbow Dash must had a hard time adjusting to the bright light outside, Pinkie Pie reasoned with herself.

"Oh...um...yes, but whatever you want is fine..."

The group took no hesitation into coming inside the shady cottage. Pinkie could see why the curtains were closed, probably to block the heat from reaching the cool inside of the cottage. The sun was so hot outside it was safe to call it burning hot, and Pinkie Pie was even thinking that her coat was simply going to melt if she had to spend another minute outside of the shade. Her coat was so hot it took a few minutes inside the air-conditioned cottage to cool it down. She knew she wasn't alone on it when Rarity, sweating continually, jumped in surprise when the coolness of the cottage reached her snowy-white coat.

"Wow! Fluttershy, you have wonderful air conditioning! Outside was absolutely horrible to my coat!" Her hoof reached to brush off some dust in her mane.

Twilight Sparkle nodded. "I wouldn't say it like that, but I must agree. Thank you Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy blushed, smiling. "Oh...um...you're welcome. And I don't have air conditioning though, it would cost too much. It's just I usually close all my curtains and let the cold air come by itself, and usually my, um, bird friends help out." She nuzzled her muzzle with a bluebird's beak.

"Yeah...anyway," Rainbow Dash said, "Tank's pretty happy here. Of course, he's happy anywhere. But he seems to like it here, and the snacks. But he doesn't rush into eating, not because he can't. Isn't that right, Tank?"

The tortoise stood in the middle of the shaded room, nodding slowly. Everypony laughed.

"And...why did you come here anyway?" the rainbow-maned pegasus asked suspiciously, "We never told you about this event, and you'd probably not care unless it involved your own pets."

Applejack looked at Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, tilting her cowpony hat back so the shade of it would not block her eyes. "Ah recommend ya'll listen closely. I know most of 'ya probably won't believe it 'and I didn't at first either but ya'll need'ta listen and try to believe it as best as you can. And also..."

Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes. "And I thought I was the one who kept lecturing others," the librarian interrupted, "Okay. Let this be straight and clear, right from my mouth: Pinkie Pie's a vampony."

There was a silence. Then Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack nodded.

"D-do you believe us?" Pinkie asked the two ponies who were silently standing in front of them.

"I-I'm speechless," Fluttershy replied, surprisingly calm to discover something so big like this, "I've healed vampire bats all the time. They wouldn't bite me though, since they're so kind and I have my way with wild animals. But this? I don't really know if I can take it all in now. B-but since all of you girls believe it, I guess I will too."

"Woo-hoo!" Pinkie Pie smiled, "What about you, Rainbow Dash?" The pink party pony turned to her cyan friend.

It looked like the fast pegasus was disbelieving it...on purpose. Her eyes wouldn't connect with Pinkie's or any of her other friend's, and her usual smile was stuck being in a frown.

"I-it's enough. I don't want to hear anymore." Rainbow Dash slid on Tank's flying machine, shaking her head angrily.

"W-why? You can't just leave us Rainbow! We're a team! A-and you're the...the..." Pinkie Pie slid down to her hooves, her mane slowly deflating as she muttered, "...You're the element of loyalty."

Rainbow Dash heard those few words right before she had her hoof on the door. She dropped Tank carelessly on the floor besides her, turning harshly around.

"Element of Loyalty? ELEMENT OF LOYALTY?" Rainbow Dash screamed, "I don't have to be LOYAL when I'm facing a couple of DUMB LIES! Why shouldn't I betray MY ELEMENT when APPLEJACK HERSELF is betraying HERS? WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED ME? I'M WORTHLESS..." she trailed off, wiping a tear from her eye. Quickly, she pulled herself off her hooves and carried Tank to the door once again. "I-I need to leave."

Pinkie Pie's heart just broke. Her mane flattened completely, because she was totally emotional on this topic. What she thought Fluttershy would do was what Rainbow Dash did, only rougher and with more screaming from the athlete. Fluttershy's eyes were full of tears, and Rarity just didn't look at Rainbow at all. Twilight Sparkle was looking at the floor while Applejack was trying to comfort Pinkie the best that she could.

Rainbow Dash looked at the group once again, Pinkie noticing her eyes were filled with pain and cruelty and bitterness.

"Vamponies...vamponies..." she growled, "Vamponies are just....just a couple of LIES and DUMB PONIES too STUPID to face the TRUTH!"

Pinkie Pie gasped. Rainbow Dash may have been harsh before, and Pinkie accepted the fact the Rainbow herself couldn't help but be emotional. It was an impulse, and Pinkie has always been emotional before. But this...this was going over the line. Pinkie Pie knew that it wasn't just a pony's emotional impulse. She was doing this all on her own. Through some kind of pain. But Pinkie Pie didn't care about that.

It was the last straw.

Pinkie's heart raced. Her eyes glowed an evil red, her fangs popping out of her regular teeth, gleaming a deadly, blinding white. And before she knew it she had pinned Rainbow Dash down on the ground, her fangs close to Rainbow Dash's neck, her voice dark and mysterious.

"Don't ever say that about me again."