• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 3,116 Views, 186 Comments

Vampirisim - Wishes



Who knew that a vampony can so easily fit in to the pony society?

  • ...
13
 186
 3,116

Chapter Six

Pinkie Pie felt a little awkward sitting there outside of Fluttershy's cottage. Nightmare Moon must have put her plan in action already, because the overly hot sun was cooler then usual. Pinkie Pie and the others laid down for rest, not speaking to each other really. Pinkie Pie was trying to figure out everything and get her thoughts organized, but it was no use. Really. No use.

The party planner glanced at Twilight who laid next to her, and she was suddenly reminded of her duties. HER duties.

"Ohnoohnoohnoohno," Pinkie Pie suddenly muttered to herself, jumping up and onto her four hooves.

Rainbow Dash, on a cloud close to the ground above the five friends, peeked over the plush white fluffiness to glance at Pinkie.

"What's up, Pink?" Dash asked curiously.

"Whats up? WHAT'S UP?" Pinkie was sort of screaming right now, but not in the mean, 'I'm-mad-at-you-so-I'm-gonna-scream-and-yell-at-you' way, in the panicy, worried way, "Besides you, of course."

They both giggled. Applejack noticed, and got up. "Are you alright, sug'acube?"

Pinkie Pie looked at the floor. "Yeah, I guess," Pinkie mumbled, "I just forgot about the Cakes, that's all. I mean, they didn't know I left! What if they left the shop in my hooves because they thought I was just sleeping in? And what about the Cake twins? They must be hungry! But what if they were there anyway? They would worry about me. Maybe check in my bed, see that I'm not there, and get disappointed! DIS-A-PPOINT-ED!"

"...um, why not just pay them a visit then?" Rainbow asked, laying back on a cloud, "You could just, I dunno, walk there? I mean, Fluttershy's cottage isn't THAT far away, and I'm sure you won't get burned up by sunlight since Nightmare Moon's taking over."

Pinkie glared at the cyan pegasus, but they both laughed anyway.

Rarity smiled. "Rainbow's right, darling," Rarity agreed, "It isn't very far away, I'm sure."

Pinkie Pie smiled, nodding. "Alright. You all can stay here and rest, I guess."

Twilight Sparkle, overhearing the conversation, got up. "I don't need much rest," Twilight explained, "I could go with you. In case, you know. Safety first."

Pinkie rolled her eyes. "Alright, Twilight."

~~~

Pinkie and Twilight made their way to SugarCube Corner. It didn't take very long, and that was a good thing, because Nightmare Moon's return just couldn't wait.

Pinkie Pie nudged the door open with her nose, after she unlocked the door with her keys. Nopony seemed to be home, and the shop was closed, so she didn't exactly know what to say. The lights were off, her hoof poking at the switch, turning all the lights on the first floor on. It was empty on the first floor.

Twilight Sparkle nodded at the note that had been left on the bakery counter. Pinkie Pie shrugged, silently moving, in case of dangers. Since Nightmare Moon was returning (though she didn't announce it personally, though Pinkie was almost totally sure that she was going too, once she was more into the plan she had) there were many risks and threats, so they had to be careful. Especially since they were part of the elements of harmony.

Pinkie Pie opened the note, reading it carefully. She was half-worried that it might be a threat note from Nightmare Moon for kidnapping the Cakes, half-relieved that it might be the Cakes giving her the day off. It was all half-and-half, but when she finished reading it, she realized she was off by a lot. And she was not able to go to Canterlot...

"FOALSITTING THE CAKE TWINS? NOW? WHEN ALL OF EQUESTRIA is in DANGER?" Pinkie Pie breathed hard, her heart racing, mind filling with possibilities.

What could she do now?

Twilight Sparkle nudged Pinkie, getting the party pony's attention. "It's not wise to worry, especially at a time like this," Twilight Sparkle explained.

"...But....but what should I DO?"

"First of all, calm down," the librarian advised.

Pinkie Pie nodded, listening to her friend. She let relaxation flow through her body, Pinkie tingling with relief.

"Second of all, why don't you greet them? Maybe I could let Spike take on the responsibility, or somepony else like Colgate or Starsong, if they're responsible enough of course," the purple unicorn suggested.

The pink pony nodded with hesitation. "A-alright," she sighed, "Why don't you come with me? You haven't seen them in a long time, have you?"

Twilight Sparkle smiled, following the foalsitter upstairs and into the twins' room. Pinkie Pie simply nudged the door open, and to Twilight's amazement, inside was total and complete chaos. The twins were giggling, flying around, knocking down every piece of furniture except their crib, chewing on every toy in the room, and messing everything up so Discord would've been proud of them. Pinkie Pie frowned in disappointment, while Twilight Sparkle stared at it in both horror and curiosity.

Pinkie turned to Twilight. "I'm, um, sorry, if you are annoyed by all this...erm..chaos."

Twilight Sparkle shook her head as Pinkie nudged her again. Her head connected with her hoof as she thought deeply. Whispering and mumbling things under her breath, she shook her head again.

"No, no, no, this, no..."

"W-what's wrong? N-nothing's wrong, right?" Pinkie asked.

Twilight Sparkle said nothing. She just stared at the twins.

"Twilight, you're scaring me," Pinkie rolled her eyes, "Please stop the joking, alright?"

Twilight Sparkle muttered something under her breath. Pinkie could barely hear it, but she was pretty sure Twilight was talking to herself. She shook Twilight's hoof, staring at her worriedly. There was nothing wrong...right?

Pinkie sighed. Of course nothing was wrong. She was overreacting. Probably Twilight was just reminded of something that gave her...that gave her the...erm...shivers? Pinkie didn't exactly know.

"No...Pinkie...no...this can't be right..." Twilight Sparkle said.

"What...exactly...can't be right?" Pinkie asked.

Twilight Sparkle stared at Pinkie seriously.

"You...you know Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash's number-one fan, right?"

Pinkie smiled at the thought of the orange bird. "Yes, why?"

The librarian nodded towards to the twins, Pumpkin Cake floating around things and chewing on them, while Pound Cake flew around freely.

"When I was little, I had strange power surges that weren't controllable when I was younger then Pumpkin Cake. When I was older, it got blocked by other memories that were inside my brain at the time. Same for Rainbow Dash; she could fly when she was younger then Pound, but her flight tricks faded away by...I don't know. I need to do more research..."

Twilight Sparkle shook her head, getting off subject. "Anyway, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake should be powerless now since they had reached well...this...age, but, there they are, making a mess of things."

Pinkie gulped. "What...what you're saying is that...Pound and Pumpkin Cake...are abnormal?"

Pinkie shook her head, trying to disbelieve this. There was enough abnormality in the Cake family, and she didn't exactly know what to say.

"Erm....I...guess...we should get somepony to foalsit them..." Pinkie said.

Twilight Sparkle nodded. She clapped her hooves together, gulping nervously at the twins.

"Now, now, Pound and Pumpkin, we're gonna get a new foal sitter for you while...um...we go and save Equestria..."

That Pound and Pumpkin Cake heard. They stood in front of Twilight with sad looks, and to Pinkie pleading glances. They surely liked Pinkie that much.

"Pinkie, no leave!" Pound Cake shouted, crying. They were over protective of their foal sitter.

"Yeah, Pinkie, no go!" Pumpkin agreed, talking so loud it was almost as if they were using the Royal Canterlot Voice.

Pinkie Pie raised a hoof awkwardly. "Um...sorry, guys, but I really need to go and stop Nightmare Moon...for your sake, okay?"

Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake didn't change their opinion from even that. Pumpkin seemed furious to lose her favorite foal sitter, stomping on Twilight's hoof.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. OW! Pinkie, could you please get Pumpkin off of my hoof?" Twilight asked.

Pinkie was nervous. Twilight was nervous, too, but she didn't show it. Pinkie pulled Pumpkin Cake off of Twilight with all of her strength plus her vampony strength, soon pulling Pumpkin in the air, Pumpkin angry and twitching.

"Now, now...um...Pumpkin...don't do that..." Pinkie began.

Pumpkin stopped her. Her eyes glowed red, and she hissed.

Pinkie dropped Pumpkin to the floor, surprised by Pumpkin. She glanced worriedly at Twilight, who had the same expression as Pinkie.

"You're...you're...vamponies?" Pinkie asked, pulling herself up on all fours.

They didn't answer. Pinkie Pie and Twilight were worried, and sure having an explosion of all the emotions except for happiness. Pinkie's mind raced. It...it wasn't happening. Was it?

Pinkie Pie was frozen. She didn't do anything. She couldn't.

But the twins only smiled.