• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 3,116 Views, 186 Comments

Vampirisim - Wishes



Who knew that a vampony can so easily fit in to the pony society?

  • ...
13
 186
 3,116

Chapter Three

"Pinkie's a what now?"

Applejack glanced blankly at Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie, scratching her head with her hoof.

The sun dimly shined onto the cowpony's family farm; Applejack held two baskets filled with apples on her back, her mane glistening with sweat from all the hard work; bits of her golden blond hair were sticking out on the ends. The familiar dark red ribbon in her mane was tied lazily around, almost falling out from all of the cowpony's movements.

"A vampire, or more commonly known as a vampony," Twilight Sparkle corrected.

Applejack laughed. "Vamponies are non' other than' fancy fiction' characters! Pinkie's surely not one!"

Pinkie Pie raised an eyebrow to Applejack's offending insult. "Oh. Really."

"I'd believe ya Pinkie. I'd believe ya. If there was any proof; if there was proof, then I'd believe ya."

Twilight made a hesitant grin. Pinkie and Twilight shared glances through the silence between them.

"Of course. I'll see if I can do it again."

She tightened her eyes, signaling the vampony power inside of her that she had reached before. Applejack could see the party pony tense up, her hooves pushing at the floor. Pinkie let go suddenly, and opened both her eyes and...

"Woah nelly!" Applejack backed away from Pinkie; She covered her eyes with her orange hooves.

"Ow! Ow! Ow, ow, OW!" Pinkie howled, jumping back into the shade of a tree, opening her wide, glowing red eyes.

"What? What's wrong, Pinkie?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Y-you know what I told you before? About all the fabled stuff about vamponies only happens when their...their in...vampony mode?" Pinkie asked, shielding her eyes from the wretched sun.

"Uh...yeah...but what does that have to do with it?" Twilight asked, glancing at Pinkie.

"Well, t-this applies to it t-to! Argh!" She looked away, opening her mouth to reveal fangs, making Applejack a little more unsure about getting close to her friend.

"Y-ya'll were tellin' the truth?" Applejack just simply asked.

The unicorn closed her eyes. "Yes, Applejack. We were telling the truth."

Applejack hesitated. The only sound there was the background music of birdsong. And Pinkie was afraid that Applejack wouldn't accept her for who she was. Pinkie Pie relieved herself of the sun's pain by growing her fangs back in to a regular flattened style and her eyes turning its regular, clear sky blue.

But she only smiled.

"Tell 'me more."

~~~

By the time they had gotten to Rarity's, the sun was high in the sky, the clouds cleared already, and the birds chirping a sweet melody. They could hear a soft, sweet tune in the air, which Pinkie recognized belonged to Rarity's sister, Sweetie Belle.

Rrrring!

Applejack's hoof pushed the door open to Rarity's boutique; the familiar sounding entrance bell rung clearly throughout the building, echoing with the sound of hoofsteps in the background.

The three of them walked in, just as Rarity was walking down from her room upstairs.

"Why, hello, Twilight! Applejack! Pinkie!" Rarity smiled gracefully, walking to her friends politely.

"Hello, Rarity!" Twilight Sparkle replied, smiling.

The Element of Generosity's eyes sparkled. "Do you want to request an item? Or browse, perhaps?"

"Uh, no, actually," Applejack frowned, "You see, there's this...er...thingy we all wanted 'ta tell y'all."

"Yes, and, um, I don't know if you'll actually believe it. If you don't, well, I think we need to close the curtains," Pinkie squinted at the sunlight peering in the window.

"What is the thing you want to tell me, darlings?" Rarity asked, taking a pen and sketching out a new design.

"Ah dunno how 'ta say it, Rarity," Applejack said.

"Don't worry, Applejack," Twilight nodded at her cowpony friend, "Well, Rarity, Pinkie's a vampony. And Nightmare Moon's coming back to turn us all into vamponies, and the rest of EQUESTRIA into FOOD!"

There was no hesitation. Rarity smiled at her friends.

"D-do you believe us?" Pinkie asked.

Rarity laughed. "Of course I believe you darlings!"

"What?" Applejack, Pinkie, and Twilight said in unison.

"Vamponies...I've read a lot about them. Sure, Pinkie Pie doesn't sparkle with beauty and grace, but she sure isn't a roughian of any kind. She sparkles on the inside. With her super-social, bouncing-off-every-wall personality, who would have any doubt?"

Applejack shared nervous glances with Twilight Sparkle.

"Now, let's move on. Where's that letter Nightmare Moon sent you?"

Pinkie Pie was curious. "What? How did you know about the letter?"

Rarity smiled kindly at the pink pony. "You know, I'm not stupid," she laughed daintily, "Nightmare Moon is royalty! Do you know why Celestia always sends her letters instead of meeting her in pony? It's because she's busy! And Nightmare Moon would be awfully busy if she planned to turn Equestria into food! And probably she would also be busy on planning that vampony ritual for us."

"What? How did you know about the ritual?" Pinkie sounded surprised.

The fancy unicorn rolled her eyes. "I read books, Pinkie Pie."

"THAT'S IN BOOKS?"

The beautiful pony ignored her friend calmly. "Now, now, come on," Rarity said, "We haven't got much time to waste! Let's go on and tell Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie can explain the note every back story to me on the way. Now let's go!"