• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 1,452 Views, 68 Comments

Brand New Powers - Peridork



Superhero ponies and the problems that ensue.

  • ...
8
 68
 1,452

Forces Gather

Across all of Equestria

Assorted creatures of Darkness, heed my call. Gather your newfound powers and selves and gather at the Ponyville library for a special meeting. Beat the drums and rouse the hounds, for my little brother shall soon be going down.

“Flam, did you hear that?”

“I sure did, my oh so wonderful brother. You know what this means- let’s get a move on.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie thinks she heard a voice calling her to Ponyville-”

“Gah, that stupid voice is so annoying. If I get back at that stupid pink pony though...” Gilda trailed off in her train of thoughts and continued flying towards Ponyville.

“Ha, this is the perfect chance to get back at the newly wedded couple that kicked me and my loving subjects out of Canterlot. No matter that I will have to work for this Dark Star, because my revenge is payment enough.” the Queen of the Changelings laughed menacingly.


“Run it past me again how Twilight got tricked into goin’ for the bad side again.” Applejack said while glaring at Morning Star. Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Dash, ‘Shy, and her had all gathered at Fluttershy’s new home.

“Sorry everypony, that was probably my brother’s fault. He is well-versed in the arts of deception. As we speak, he is also gathering his troops for the coming war.” the red alicorn sighed.

“B-but Twilight isn’t a bad pony.” Fluttershy stammered.

“I know that, but he preys on the easily confused. Did she have any reason to be like that recently?” Morning Star asked nicely. He was still having issues with Equestrian niceties. Truthfully, he would never understand their strange customs.

“Ooh, ooh, pick me Starry! I know why!” Pinkie Pie said barely holding back her excitement.

“Pinks, if you have something to say, just say it!” everypony said at once.

“Okie, dokie, lokie,” the pink earth pony quickly took a breath, “Well, since the wedding and the changelings; Twi’ and the Princess have had different views on how to deal with invaders in Equestria. Twilight wanted to create a large containment field around the changeling hive. Celestia wanted to treat the changelings as trade partners like she has done with the griffins, dragons, and zebras. Ever since, they have been more distant than usual.”

“How in Celestia’s name do you know all that Pinkie . I never knew you were so knowledgeable about the economy.” Rarity said with a stunned look on her face.

“Silly, I have many things you don’t know about me.” Pinkie Pie smiled.

Morning Star smiled. “Well, it’s time to show you who else you’ll be working with.”

“Hey, y’all.” Applebloom said while walking in the door of the cottage.

“What in the name of hay! They’re just little fillies!” Applejack said, the anger in her voice noticeable to everypony present.

“Oh, I think not anymore.” Morning Star said with glee.

Everypony’s jaw dropped when the three entered. They were no longer the fillies they knew. “When I gave them their powers, this unfortunately happened.” Morning Star said sheepishly. The three looked to have aged ten years in the span of a few hours and they had gained their cutie marks as well. Applebloom’s was a hammer and apple, Sweetie Belle’s was a songbird, and Scootaloo’s was a scooter.

After the initial shock Dash, Rarity, and AJ charged the alicorn.

“Why did you even give them superpowers? Give us our normal friends back!” the three said in unison.

“I am truly sorry, but sacrifices have to be made. This time the battle between me and my brother will end, once and for all. I feel that this shifts the battle in our favor. Time to let the others get their powers.” Morning Star’s horn glowed red and his magic surrounded Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack.

The room went dark.


Inside the Canterlot throne room

“My fairest sister, has thou felt the olden magicks?”

“Yes, Luna I have. Now I fear that we might have a problem on our hands. The last time I felt that magic, we were both on our home planet. I believe that our brothers have started their little game here. I feel that it is time to intervene in their chess match. Have you selected the guards?” Celestia said, her words echoing throughout the throne room.

“Yes, if thou mayest we shall begin the match. This time it shall end!” With that, Luna stormed out of the room.

“Twilight, I’m sorry. I wrote that letter hoping you would stay out of the way. It seems you have met my brother, Dark Star...if only you had met the other one, I wouldn’t have to call on my little ponies.”

“Princess, you called for us?” Cadence and Shining Armor’s hoofsteps echoed throughout the throne room.

“Yes I did. Have you brought the others?”

“Yes my Aunt, these three were quite difficult to procure.” Cadence said scornfully.

“It’s not my fault that Octy gets on the angry side when you just barge in while we are having a private moment,” Vinyl Scratch appeared beside the couple, “though this is a nice change compared to my usual shindigs.”

“Auntie, I demand an explanation why your idiot Captain barged right in my house and forced me to come out here.” Prince Blueblood angrily walked in the throne room; Octavia followed behind him.

“Good, we seem to be all present and accounted for. What I called you here for that you shall be the protectors of Equestria. I shall unlock your potential using the old magics of the alicorn race,” Celestia said, “do not be worried because I shall explain everything once the spell is complete.”

The room went dark.


Inside Fluttershy’s cottage

“How do you three feel?” Morning Star asked the waking mares.

“Like I jus’ got kicked by a mule” Applejack groaned.

“Well, Morny I feel super-duper okie dokie lokie.” Pinkie pie bounded across the room ready to go.

“Sweet Celestia, I feel positively dreadful.” Rarity quickly brushed a hoof through her mane.

They looked at themselves in one of Fluttershy’s many mirrors.

And everypony, besides Applejack, looked normal.

Applejack looked like Big Mac; if he was a female, orange and made out of metal

“Why in the bucking hay am I the only one that looks any different?”

“Because not all powers change the body structure...my dear Titanium- I mean Applejack.”

“Give the country pony increased strength...” Applejack fumed.

“What’s ours then?” Rairy asked.

“Well, your is shapeshifting and Miss Pie’s is...well, super speed.”

Why in the name of the Princesses did she ever need that!” her surrounding friends yelled at the alicorn,”

“Psst- Bloom, should we tell the others about our powers?” Sweetie Belle nervously asked.

“Sweetie are you crazy? I don’t like my power at all.” Scootaloo quietly replied.

"And how do you think I feel, I don't enjoy using my voice as a weapon." Sweetie said scornfully.

“At least y’all get noticeable powers. I jus’ got super smart an’ had to build myself a suit of armor.”

Better Iron Mare than the thing I’m possessed by. Whatever the Eternal Herd is, I don’t like it.” Scootaloo thought to herself.


Inside the Ponyville Library

The group surrounding the table looked on while an alicorn with a black mane and tail, green coat, and a cutie mark of a black hole began talking.

“Hello, my little rogues gallery. I am Dark Star. I hope you all like your powers, I worked very hard on them.”

Flim and Flam spoke up,”You didn’t give us great super powers. What do we even use cloning for?”

“Ha, you got bad powers!” Gilda laughed. “I guess unlocking my potential with martial arts isn’t half bad.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie thinks that being in control of time is fine.” Trixie said nonchalantly.

“Well, little miss annoying,” Chrysalis spoke up, “I think changing reality works for me.”

Twilight just sat there.

Dark Star coughed. “I believe that we are well acquainted enough with each other. In two days, we shall send Equestria into chaos...”

Inside the throne room

Shining Armor woke up. “Whatever Celestia hit me with sure gave me a headache.”

Then he noticed nobody looked different on the outside. Soon, everypony was awake.

“Oh good, my little ponies are all awake. How was your nap?” Celestia asked with a small chuckle.

“Why don’t any of us look different?” Shining Armor asked.

“Because, I chose you on the basis that your powers wouldn’t change your outward appearance.”

“Yo, Celly what’s the deal. I want to know how I can beat up some bad dudes.” Vinyl said joyfully while Octavia looked on in shock.

“Well if you put it that way, Miss Scratch-,” Celestia stared angrily at Vinyl, “You can shoot light beams to fight your bad dudes, your marefriend here can use her musical abilities to create walls of sound. Cadence can cast disintegration beams, Shining can control gravity, and Blueblood can control his size.”

Everypony stood there quietly until Shining spoke up.

“Ok then, where do you want us to go?” Shining, the leader of the group, asked.

“Ponyville. I need you to stop my two brothers. They both have plans for Equestria that I do not condone. I will be leaving Luna here to rule in my stead. We will move out to Ponyville immediately.”