• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 1,452 Views, 68 Comments

Brand New Powers - Peridork



Superhero ponies and the problems that ensue.

  • ...
8
 68
 1,452

Somewhere Over the Rainbow ponies stir...

The two armies charged. The writhing masses were being pushed back and killed. Dash noticed from the corner of her eye Flim and Flam creating an army of clones and they were singing.

“We’re the World famous Flim Flam Brothers! We got opportunity in this community.”

She looked around again. How was everypony else?

Twilight created golems using her powers. They were fighting with something that looked like an octopus crossed with a bear. They were holding their own against it.

Fluttershy...was using the Stare on the things. And breathing fire.

“Ok, she’s fine. Remind me to never get her angry.”

Then she saw Scootaloo. “Don’t worry I’m coming Scoot. I hope you can forgive me for what I’m going to do.”

She ran straight towards the demon in the middle of the battle. But, before she could, she felt a blinding pain in her back. “That’s new...when did my legs stop moving? Dash said weakly before collapsing in pain. “If Cloudsdale hadn’t fallen, would this battle be different?”

Her friends began screaming in pain. The tide of battle had turned.

My little ponies, let us retreat and regain our losses.


Dash felt extreme pain and tried to open her eyes but couldn’t. Everything was in a haze. She could hear only snippets of her friends arguing about somepony. “Am I dead? ‘Cause this doesn’t even feel awesome. I thought dying would be kinda peaceful- a nice long nap."

“Bloom, can you fix Dashie?”

“Damn it AJ, I’m a scientist, not a miracle worker. You’ seen the extent of her injuries. Samael severed her spine so forcefully Ah’m surprised she’s still alive. Her back legs were found ten feet away from her body. By then, Samael’s necrosis had set in an’ Ah couldn’t save them. Y’all should count her lucky I could even connect her replacement body parts to her...have you ever heard of transplant rejection? She isn’t Supermare anymore...pegasi have lost their connection to magic. She more like you o’ me than y’all can believe."

“Wait, severed my spine? What’s this about a surgery?"

The room spun.

Inside dreams

Dash woke up again. This time she didn’t know how long she had been out. She heard light hoofsteps approach her bed.

“Fluttershy?”

“Hey, D-dash, I just want to say that things haven’t been as good as we thought they would go. W-While we did stop those...monsters we didn’t get off without problems. We found the bodies of Gilda, Trixie, Flim, Flam, and Chrysalis. Celestia believes they had been cornered by those things and k-killed.”

“Gilda is...”

“But, I don’t know what I would do without you...I already almost lost you once, I can’t lose you again. Dash...you’ve been asleep for six months. I wanted to tell you before, but you can’t respond. Equestria has changed for the worse.

Dash was shocked awake.


Somewhere in a future

A telescreen flickered to life. A newspony stared into the camera rattling off news.

“ Hello my fellow Equestrians six months into the reign of Our Emperor. Watch your step because Our Emperor is always watching. The Cloudsdale ruins have become pegasi slums. The Ministry of Plenty in planning to give rations to the dispossessed. Canterlot is in ruins after those traitorous ponies, against the Will of Our Lord, attempted to storm the gates of the palace. Thankfully the Ministry of Love has showed them the error of their ways. After the death of Nightmare Moon by the hand of Samael, Celestia and her ragtag band of anarchists have gone into hiding. The homes of the Bearers of Harmony have been burned to the ground. Current whereabouts of their family members are unknown and are currently being searched for...”


Near Canterlot in the recent past

“My Dear Scootaloo, just think about how by saying yes to me once- this has happened.” Samael said gleefully. Truthfully he had stopped caring what she actually said and just messed with her for fun.

“I still can’t forgive what you did to RD. Isn’t it bad enough that I have to watch? You have taken it too far.”

Samael just laughed.

The bonds of possession between Scootaloo and Samael finally began to weaken. His magical font began drifting towards Scootaloo.


Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Dash still hadn’t come to terms with how her friends looked. First of all, seeing her friends pregnant took her aback. If sompony had told her months ago that her friends were going to have foals of their own she would have laughed in their face. But here they were looking like they were going to have the foals any second now.

“Hey everypony how are you guys doing?”

“Totally fine, Sugarcube. Just we have to deal with all this an’ I don’t know where mah family is. We’re being hunted by the gov’ment and I get weird food cravings every day.”

“AJ, you know that isn’t happening we’re just here to show what Rainbow Dash dreams about and you are doing a horrible job.” Pinkie Pie said with a serious face.

Wait- Pinkie being serious...this has to be a dream. Dash hit herself in the face hard.

The room spun...and became focused.

Dash woke up.


“I hope I’m actually awake this time.”

Dash groaned and tried to move but she couldn’t. “Maybe some of the things they said were right.” She looked around. All of her friends were sleeping around her.

“I...guess everypony was worried about me. Psst...Fluttershy wake up.”

The yellow mare was shocked awake. “Omygoshomygoshomygosh....everypony wake up! She’s awake!” Fluttershy said excitedly. She quickly jumped onto the bed and covered Dash with kisses.

“Fluttershy, ya need ta get off mah patient. She ain’t ready fer any shenanigans.” Applebloom said angrily.

“Oh, Bloom you are totally being a downer. Take a break.” Pinkie said jokingly.

Celestia walked into the room. “Ah, I see you are up. We already have wasted a week for your recovery and that included time spent on your modifications.”

Dash looked down at her body. Her legs which used to made of crystal were now made of some sort of fluid-like metal. She gently tried to move a hoof and it responded as a usual limb did.

“Ah made it so your legs respond to your brain. Therefore, if you think of something you want yer legs to change into- the legs will transform.” Applebloom said with a widening grin on her face.

Dash thought about what it would be like to have another pair of wings. She felt a warmth emanate throughout her body before the feeling became centered in her legs. As she watched, her legs lengthened and thinned before adding a new covering of wing feathers. Dash thought about how she could use her new legs with Fluttershy later... and all four wings promptly stood at attention.

“Oh my...that’s very nice of you Bloom. Thank you.” Fluttershy said while blushing. Dash grinned sheepishly.


Inside the pregnant mares

Life stirred and became sentient. The six babies shared a mental link created by the alicorn magic that inadvertently created them.

My friends and comrades, we will soon have to help our mothers in the coming battle. I feel that the final battle will soon be drawing near and, for that reason, I will be acting as leader-if nopony minds that is.

I will defer my royal judgement until after we are born. I hope you have the best course of action in mind for both Equestria and the Crystal Empire, if so then all shall be well.

If we lost that would be positively dreadful y’all. I wouldn’t be able to help either of mah parents stay fashionable in their own way.

Ah agree neither of mah parents would be able to help with their familial obligations. I wouldn’t be able to help you at all, cousin. And if there is one thing us Apples treasure the most it is family.

I am okay with anything you ponies come up with. I just want to get this over with- my parents have a lot of soirees and shindigs to get to and I just want to see the nightlife. Oh yeah everypony- ready for me to spin this record? It’s just a mix I came up with. Classical and ponystep- no biggie.

You guys almost forgot me- the second-best party planner in Ponyville. Ooh, I have a great idea- I’ll throw all you guys a party once we get out. Now, if I only knew where I put my books about parties. I definitely need to triple check the list that book has before I plan the party...

Well that settles it- everypony help your ponies by getting into their dreams. That seems to be the most direct method to contact them. Now, if you ponies don’t mind I’m gonna take a nap on a non-existent cloud.