• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 602 Views, 20 Comments

Spiked Donuts - TRIBOT 4000



Spike and Donut Joe have always had a close relationship. Friends from the first day they met, and friends to this day...this day usually being one where they both need a break from everything...and everypony.

  • ...
1
 20
 602

Chapter 6: This Definitely NOT a Chapter With Discord

I strolled out from behind my counter for the day. I was tired and wanted to go home. After Celestias Sunny Behind walked into shop I'd been flooded with ponies wanting to know anything between her favorite flavors or if I kept the crumbs she dropped. What a ridiculous idea, of course I didn't keep the crumbs. Pfft, her plate on the other hoof...

Anyway, as I opened the door to my shop and closed it behind I noticed something peculiar: I was still inside. I turned around and saw the door I just walked through closed. Through the window I saw the outdoors calling out to me. I opened the door again, but when I did, it opened to my shop again. I looked back and forth from inside to "outside". Then a voice emitted from every direction.

"Hello good sir. I am in need of your assistance." I turned around back into...one of the copies of my shop I was in and saw hideous creature. It's body was a mishmash of different beings. It towered over me menacingly until the shadow over it's eyes disappeared and it smiled. I looked at him suspiciously and studied his eyes more closely. From what I could tell, he wasn't lying, I don't know if he's evil or not. He looks like a villain but looks can be deceiving.

"Um...we're closed."

After a second he started laughing, hysterically even. I didn't know what was so funny so I decided to simply watch him. When he could finally stand up, he wiped a tear from his eye and said, "This what I like about you. A creature of complete chaos is standing right before you and your only reaction is to state the obvious. Ha! Took the author long enough to actually gain some skill writing." He sits down just above a chair and pulls out a pair of glasses and a notebook, "Anyway, nice to meet you. I am Discord Damian Diego, Lord of Chaos, Enslaver of Ponykind, and Rightful Ruler of Rulers that don't have Rules." He opens a manila folder and reads from it, "From your rep sheet I can tell you have had a busy time here. Helping out a married Stallion with his relationship issues, teaching Twilight about Avions and Bugs, Giving Donuts to Princesses, Befriending a Dragon...oh wait that last one hasn't happened yet." Slamming the book shut, all his new attire and items disappeared, "Don't worry, that's next chapter. Dang, this is a long paragraph."

I shook my head slightly and worked my way behind the counter, "Well since it's obvious you're not letting me out I might as well prepare you something. You like glazed? Doesn't matter, it's we've got. I have a shipment coming in tomorrow."

Discord looked at confused slightly, "Um...tha...that's fine."

I pulled out the donuts and grabbed a couple cups of coffee. Bringing them over to the table he sat at I sat down and put the beverages along with the food down. I lazily dipped my donut into the caffeinated drink took a bite. This isn't so bad, having a donut with somepo...uh thing, even if said thing had his coffee swirl around his head before picking up his donut and feeding it to him. We stayed this way for some time while the sun set until he spoke up.

"Aren't you curious about who I am or where I'm from?"

I gulped down the last bite of my donut and replied, "You've already told me who you are, and due to your um...appearances, I have no reason to believe you're lying. As to where your from, I am curious but I learned long ago that asking questions doesn't always get you answers."

Discord sat silent for moment while I started to notice his body was becoming see through, "Hmm, well then. I guess ponykind might survive after all. Just be sure to stay the way you are and you'll be fine." finally his body disappeared completely. When it did, the shop doors opened suddenly. I turned around and saw Celestia standing there, sweat painting her face. I didn't know alicorns could sweat.

"Discord!" She yelled while looking around frantically, "Discord!? Di...discord?" she became quiet as she saw nopony in the shop but me. She looked at me and then smiled. It took me a moment to realize that she was looking behind me. Turning I saw a photo of Discord laughing hysterically while I looked on blankly. On the frame, words were engraved. They read:

I'll be back for this photo.

Author's Note:

I wanted one more chapter before the Spike and Joe saga really begins.
I'm actually surprised at how fast I'm reeling these chapters out. I'll probably end up stopping at some point, completely unsure what to write. Anyway, next chaptser tommorow. Later.